Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Vastitas

Region: Unknown
System: Vastitas System
Suns: 2, Primary and Secondary, Type-1
Orbital Position: 3rd Planet
Moons: 1 natural, Phobos' Laboratory (artificial satellite)
Coordinates: B 8
Rotational Period: 24 Hours
Orbital Period: 738 Days

Class: Giant Terrestrial
Atmosphere: Type I
Climate: Arid
Gravity: Standard
Primary Terrain: Desert and Mountain

Native Species: Firrirrean, Human
Immigrant Species: Echanti, Thyrsian
Primary Languages: Galactic Standard Basic
Government: Military Dictatorship(phantoms/formerly) None(Vastitasites)
Population: 10K (since the fall of civilization)
Demonym: Edenites or Phantoms
Major Cities: New Nexus
Major Imports: Weapons, food
Major Exports: Weapons
Affiliation: N/A

Culture: True to their history with Echanti and Thyrsians, the Vastitasites loved combat and thought it honorable. The ways of combat were taught as part of basic education and fighting tournaments were staged regularly. Children would even be taught to read and fluently perceive body language before learning to speak spoken language. They thought the world and their bodies were sacred and thus took care of the environment and their bodies. They believed fighting was vital to the body and the best exercise. They fought with no armor and preferred melee weapons if any. As they felt nature provided everything they needed,advanced technology was rarely used. Vastitasites were friendly towards eachother and had no hierarchy as everyone was treated with equal respect. Aside from fighting, the people pretty mild lives occupied with their jobs and whatever hobbies they chose to partake in. They lived in seperate homes made of wood and were shut off from the rest of the galaxy and did not so readily accept outsiders

The Phantoms were combat lovers just like their Vastitasite counterparts though they had much more bloodlust. Technology was widely used and was mostly used to make advanced weaponry. Phantoms enjoyed large-scaled wars against eachother and used tanks and blasters and explosives. As most of their money went to fueling war: cities were not that well developed. Those who were not part of the military had to live in small houses. They had a military dictatorship government as the military had all the power. As part of their love for battle, their cities were made as huge-scaled obstacle courses/battlefields with enough twists, turns,vantage points, nooks and crannies to make a hardened parkour veteran squeal. Most of the funding, when not used on weapons, were used on making ways of transportation or demickey buildings.
Both sides, however, had some firrirrian culture deep in their roots and this would show as they believed they could "own" ones name. Saying a persons name would be expressing superiority and ownership over that person. Because of this, people of high enough rank were given the right to a codename of sorts. As the name was decided upon by superiors, this name could be anything from "Karkface" to "Achiever". Good names usually had some ring to it so as to sound good to the ear and they always had meaning.

Technology: Above average compared to the rest of the galaxy in the case of computers. Computers were massive scaled and made to rival skyscrapers when they weren't the size of a molecule. Technology was so advanced here because of the Phantom's dedication to war. Everything they invented, everything they programmed had SOMETHING to do with gaining the edge in a war. Everything had to be better, more powerful and faster than anyone else's. So, to secure cities, there were skyscraper-sized central control drives at the hearts of some large cities that protected agains invasion by detecting intruders, shutting off power in a certain area etc. These computers also maintained and controlled utilities flowing through the cities they were in.

History: The planet of Vastitas was once a beautiful Paradise full of beautiful vegetation of various colors and types. There were sparkling waterfalls and rainbows and all that mushy crap everywhere. The denizens of the planet got along pretty well. After some time, however, Echanti and Thyrsians immigrated and the planet became introduced to war and its inhabitants became obsessed with it. In their thirst for blood, they drained the planet of most of its resources, reducing half of it to an arid wasteland. Seeing what they had done, a few denizens proposed a change for a more civilized and less environmentally taxing culture. They were driven out by the rest of their race and were forced to flee to the great ocean that cut diagonally across the equator of the planet.

It was this the people discovered the half of the planet not yet found by man. Here,the people started their orderly, more peaceful civilization. They took special care not to destroy their environment like the others. Their cities and towns had large trees and foliage along with high skyscrapers and sleekly designed buildings. They called themselves Edenites and those of the other side were known as phantoms.

Millennia later, a curious crew of Phantoms looking for land to conquer happened upon the land of the Vastitasites. Pleased with their discovery,they went back to phantom territory and returned with an army ready for war. The Vastitasites were slautered and those that were not were imprisoned or betrayed their own people. Years later, a man called Xenos caused the fall of all civilization and the planet was taken to chaos. Population was dwindled down to only a few hundred people and land was deserted. The entire planet became wasteland.

Notable PC's: Andreas Wintergreen was born and raised there

Intent: To create a home planet to play out Andreas' origin story in and advance his character plot for a possible reboot.

Can I have some more for your culture and history, this is a major thing lore wise, adding a planet that is and I would love to see it flushed out some more. Also are you sure you want a population of only 10,000. I think that is rather small. Also perhaps cover how twil'leks and zabraks that immigrate fit into this all.
@[member="Andreas Wintergreen"]

@[member="Alli Wren"]

Culture and History taken care of. Zabraks and Twi'leks omitted as I cannot remember exactly why I wanted them there. The population of 10K is because most of the inhabitants are dead by the time it will be RPed in.

Two quick things and this can be approved, lord knows it's been waiting a while;

One - I'd really rather it if you changed the name of the planet, this may just be me being nit-picky but Eden has connotations of the ultimate perfection, it's a form of utopia, and why it's only a name? I'd still rather it was changed.

Two - Explain how this planet's technology is above average in comparison to the rest of the Galaxy, what does it have which other civilisations do not?

Still not comfortable with this description. Of COURSE it was invented, that's not what I was getting at. Either make it to simply be "Above Average" or knock it down to standard "Average" and build the tech yourself through the Factory.

Darth Kyros said:
Either make it to simply be "Above Average" or knock it down to standard "Average" and build the tech yourself through the Factory.
@[member="Darth Kyros"]
I'm not sure I completely understand what you're trying to say. I already have it as "above average".

What I'm trying to say is you're trying to claim complete superiority over other civilisations where your tech is concerned without anything to back it up; you're saying they invent it to be better, without stating how this works. How are they capable of having the knowledge to make all of this work, etc? I'm not comfortable with it as it stands.

@[member="Darth Kyros"]

Basically, the large size of the planet ensured a large amount of humans/firrirreans as it's primary population and consequently, a vast saturation of technological scientists, inventors and engineers over the millennia. Because of their culture, almost all efforts went into supplying better weapons. Just as two people can piece together a craft faster than one, especially if they had a head start, the great number of these scientists were able to advance their technology faster than average civilization and eventually wound up with above average technology concerning weapons and computers.

This is explained in the technology section. Differently, but explained nonetheless

No. *Breathes*

You have to have something to back the claims. You can't just throw something in the factory and say "it's better because people wanted it to be better."

@[member=Darth Kyros]

Okay so, I believe I am beginning to understand what you mean now. Before, I was under the impression that you meant "how" as in "by what means",but now I think you may mean "how" as in "in what way". If so, then the blasters have been described as faster and computers larger.

If not, then I could say that people wanting them to be better is the only way for things to get better. Nothing is achieved but by determination, work and purpose. If you want specifics, I'll do so when I get the tech submissions for certain weapons up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom