Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Ecliptor-003 Superdroid Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
c0vdji3qish41.jpg

latest

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To make a personal droid for Lunafreya Solidor.
  • Image Source: Here from here, here.
  • Canon Link: Not Applicable.
  • Permissions: Not Applicable.
  • Primary Source: Not Applicable.
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Automatron.
  • Affiliation: Lunafreya Solidor.
  • Model: Superdroid Model.
  • Modularity: Yes, parts can be replaced and enhancements added.
  • Production: Unique.
  • Market Status: Closed-Market.
  • Material:
TECHNICAL INFORMATION

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Expert warfighter fighter droid, on tactics and strategies.
  • Integrated System - Can wield any sort of ranged weapon.
  • Self-Awareness of his own place in the galaxy.
STRENGTHS
  • Superdroid Perks - Due to its highly advanced (and dangerous) neural processor combined with its superior structure, Ecliptor is competent in executing the full strength of his powerful raw processing power with the sole purpose of fast learning. Meant to find solutions for a wide variety of issues he may yet face, he is more than capable of finding solutions, considering options quicker than most android units in the galaxy. Using his powerful Aether Brain to access these past experiences and applying them in the same manners as sentient beings would in the so-called 'memories' for applying them on his future actions weighing them down for selecting the proper course of action.
  • Experienced Fighter - With mastery over the ideal of learning, to this unit everything considered new can be added to its programming. Ecliptor uses this ability to learn on perfect the handling of his current skills, always seeking to improve itself on the martial arts. This was meant for seeking his errors in his own performance, and to find solutions to solve those issues.
  • Way too Fast - By using quality materials in its construction, Ecliptor has greater flexibility than those of ordinary androids. He can be very fast for a droid, not only in the way he moves but also the way he thinks.
  • A Swordsman - Unit was programmed with extensive material available regarding many forms of combat. Being tested on putting itself on learning against many of the best swordsman's in the galaxy, forcing them on admitting that in regards to wielding his sword and shield, Ecliptor can hardly fit the idea that all organic beings can be better than androids.
  • Cortosis Claws - His ‘grappling like’ claws act as a deadly trick to be used in any given situation. Shooting from the tip of his fingers, the unit can unleash a straight volley of his claws, attached to himself by vibrowires, making them able to hurt those that come in contact with it and granting them a decent amount of resistance from being cut. Wires can stretch themselves up to forty meters in a single direction. He can’t control them separately, he can only control them in a single direction and 'roll' them up around a target.

WEAKNESSES
  • Isotope-5 - The material his core is made, and although it is protected beneath his cortosis armor, if damaged, the core will explode in a catastrophic explosion.
  • EMP Damage - He can handle EMP damage, but his processor cannot, and each time he takes that sort of damage, his processor starts to go a little more wild, giving an edge to fight but soon replacing it with real damage that can interfere with his core.
  • Disruptor Damage - Ecliptor has no defense against disruptor, and although his cortosis armors can stand against that sort of weaponry, the more he is hit by them, his armor starts to degrade, overheating and melting.
  • Inquisitive - A miss-calculation of his own creators, as the ridiculously powerful brain added to his structure, apparently was enough for giving this droid a very singular personality almost as if this unit would be completely sentient. Giving him a highly inquisitive performance with carries the possibility that this machine can override its own protocols by adding principles that eventually may lead to the betrayal of its masters.
  • Sliceable - His cornerstone is that "Serve Lunafreya Solidor Lunafreya Solidor ". Despite being sentient, it is possible that this machine can be hacked, its programming, alongside its cornerstone, can be completely edited, giving the machine a whole new reason to exist.

DESCRIPTION

A gift from her father. Ecliptor-003 comes from a long line of desperate errors, and then in an innovative idea to stabilize your processor with the machine, a core made with Isotope-5 was developed to reconcile the power generated by its processing power with the rest. Proving a real stroke of luck for its creators at Automaton for achieving perfection. Without showing any type of functional failure, Ecliptor proved to be a machine with immense potential, where in addition to receiving proper coding of its battles, the machine expressed the desire to learn personally about its abilities. Her creators decided to fulfill her whim and brought her what was asked for, where she surprised her tutors in their mastery for learning on a scale never before seen by them or by their creators.

The processor on that machine performed its functions on an absurd scale, it learned more each new day and was able to access more of its programming even when it was not requested. Ecliptor demonstrated invocation, creativity, and self-awareness, something very rare for a machine, he knew perfectly understood the nature of his reality and understood his place in the world in a way that made him satisfied and content.

Ecliptor became a staunch protector of princess Lunafreya, she was added into his programming as his cornerstone, so he is assigned to protecting and serving her above all things. His actions serving his princess made him earn a dark reputation.

Last edited:
Lunafreya Solidor Lunafreya Solidor

Your snazzy, not quite new droid bodyguard is looking good, for the most part, though there are some things I'd like to look at before Approval.
  • "cuisses." between "Phrik Platting [sic]" and "Armorweave Coating" seems to indicate that a material might be missing.
  • This submission is severely underbalanced ratings-wise (see below), but that's obviously not an issue Approval-wise. You may raise some, if you wish - may I recommend changing disruptors to Average or even High to correspond with the weakness? Given the strength and rarity of these weapons, the ability to tank several shots seems less "None" resistance more "Average at least" resistance.
  • "Meant to solve any sort of issues he may face, capable of finding solutions, consider options quicker than any other android units in the galaxy." Seems to indicate that this droid is the very best, which is a bit presumptuous for my tastes. Such a statement is much less problematic than, e.g., comparably absolute claims about destructive potential, however, as such I'm willing to let it slide.
Misspellings+ Bonus Round (Since the Edit Log specifically mentions wanting to get rid of those):
  • There is a stray "a" in the second spoiler, clearly a mistype.
  • The "cuisses." thing from before.
  • "Platting" in Materials should be "Plating".
  • Some of your ratings have none/the wrong colour, BBCode (remove the dot) below. If you need others but don't want to look it up in the templates, send me a DM on Discord, I have them in a document and am happy to help.
    • [.COLOR=rgb(54, 245, 40)]None[/COLOR] - All None ratings.
    • [.COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Very High[/COLOR] - Second Very High uses the High colour.
  • I'd argue that "Self-Awareness" fits better than "Self-Consciousness", but they can be used interchangeably.
  • "Experient Fighter" should be "Experienced Fighter".
  • "Due to the ridiculously powerful brain add to his structure..." should be "... brain added to ..."

AMCO AMCO hey there, stud.

I appreciate all the suggestions and edits of my lazy fingers.
I've done all the editions as requested and taken all the others to consider. Aside from the Disruptor suggestion, because this boy could use a proper weakness.
However, do let me know if the ratings are still 'under', or 'overpowered'.

Lunafreya Solidor Lunafreya Solidor

Excellent; that's more than enough for me to pass it along. It's still four ratings underbalanced, so you could raise some if you want to. I'd argue it's currently quite balanced, since very few droids have resistance to Mechu-Deru or Disruptors, but it really is up to you.

As a general rule, the Factory stance on what "Other" ratings can mean is pretty laissez-faire.

P.S.: My disruptor point had more to do with the Strength reading as "this droid can take quite a few disruptor hits"; mea culpa, however, I misread. I see now only a few sections are able to withstand a hit from a disruptor and even they can only take so many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom