Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eclipse on Correl (Corellian Confederation)

Bej0dyF.png

Coronet was a busy bustling city. Filled to the brim with life, love, and lust. More over, it was the Capitol city, upon the capitol planet for the Corellian Confederation. A new Galactic power that have sprung up in the wake of the Galactic Alliance's fall. While it has been years since that fall out, Many of the Core worlds have been left alone and so many of the old problems arose once more. Poverty rising, Gangs becoming the new Law, and people trying to just make a living. However the Corellian Confederation was doing its part to limit that, and bring the planets together so that they can begin to piece together the broken shambles that was the Galactic Alliance.

Many began to work in whatever field they could. Doing whatever they could do in order to make a living. As for this young man walking down the street? Selling drugs, and having to join a gang, was his best choice. While it wasn't the best, and made the young man have to grow up much faster than his real age, in the recession, he had to do what he could for his brother. The last two of their family after their Widowed father died protecting their world in the wars between the Galactic Alliance.

Walking down the street, he got a glancing eye from two individuals. A man and a woman. Both roughed up and clearly people who thought he would be an easy picking. While the young lad attempted to lead them down an ally, away from others, so that he could make them come at him one at a time, The girl rushed him. Attempting to attack him with a shiv. A makeshift stabbing weapon. Luckily, Darren, was a fast shot. A quick draw of his blaster with two shots to the body and one to the head, made quick work of the lass.

Finding out that this young man was worth more trouble the ruffian began to back pedal. Swearing vengeance upon the young man. Yelling out across the distance.

"You killed my sister! I'll have your head for it! Watch your back you piece of sh-"

Sadly, the man wouldn't finish his words. A dark individual had landed on top of him. Slamming his body into the ground. A cut yell of pain came from the ruffian as the dark individual did something to him. Darren had no clue what happened to the Thug. Did the black person kill him? If so, it was done with a speed and accuracy that Darren knew, outmatched him. With an about face, and a fear in his heart, drove the young lad to run. Sprinting down the ally. Taking a singular second to look back and see the shadow person standing up. However, that one second meant he didn't see the cloaked individual he ran into. Hands grabbed him and disarmed the blaster pistol from the lad. Looking up to see a mask hidden under the shadow of the hood. Yet the hands were white and thin. Female. Painted nails as though they took pride in their appearance.

He started to yell out for help. Shortly cut out by one of the hands twisting him with ease and covering his mouth with a rag. While he didn't smell anything out of place, he slowly started to drift. Feeling tired, and his eyes heavy. Attempting to bite down on the rag, he heard the woman proclaim ouch in pain. Releasing him. However, by that time, the Shadow man had reached them.

His hand came out and forcefully grabbed Darren by the neck, and lower jaw. Lifting him into the air. Eyes turning down to see the Shadow's face. A man with half a respirator covering his face. Eyes black like the void with burning coals for irises. Hair darker than a raven's feathers. While his face was Caucasian, the rest of his skin was black. As dark as soot. Almost as though he bathed in it. A smooth electronic voice almost whispered from the man.

"Points for dedication to live. However, I require your assistance. Whether you like it or not."

Slowly, the Shadow man placed a rag to Darrens face. Once more, feeling the trickles of sleep coming upon him. Leading to darkness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Placing the kid down, I looked over to my sister. Rubbing her hand where the brat had bit her. Smiling beneath my respirator with a little chuckle, she looked over to me and shook her head.

"When he wakes up, I get first dibs."
"You are more than welcome to darling. However, we first need to collect the bodies. Get the other one down the street and check the slag if she is still alive. We need all the bodies we can get."

"No. I can't sell them to you for that low of a price! Even if they are no better than trash."
"My master will pay you handsomely for them. While he does need slaves of a fine quality which you have most faithfully provided, we require some warm bodies. Just anyone. You know that HE is good for his word."
"Yes you are right, but I would be selling them to you at a far lower price than what I paid for them."
"Consider this a favor then. Should we need your services again, HE can provide you a reward as a loyal provider and customer."

The slaver considered his options. For the past two months this singular man came by every couple days. Buying slaves that would be sent to an auction for the wealthy people, or those who were able to come to a specific area. While he felt it was sketchy to begin with, considering the man seemed to be very religious with the same robes every time, and even carrying a bladed sword, they had spent millions worth of credits on slaves. They became his biggest customer within the span of a couple weeks.

Having this kind of pool of credits, and even gifts given to him, was quite helpful. He paid off his air speeder, and mortgage in that time. He also got his wife some new dresses and jewelry. Stating that work was booming for him with more customers coming in all the time. While his store selling pawned items, it was a front for a Slave trade. Not only had this individual purchased slaves, but weapons, and gear, and even random items throughout his shop. Turning to face the robed man,

"As long as I get a reward, and have your word that I won't hear about this stuff, then yes. They are yours."
"Your kindness astounds me Sir. I will transfer the credits to the agreed account."
"Do you mind me asking about the reward sir?"
"Yes. We had thought you might ask. Turn around and look."

As the man turned around, he found his wife walking in. Right behind her was another robed individual with a pistol held to her back. Visible bruises were on her face, neck and arms. The salesman's face widened in fear and realization. Turning around back to the other, he saw a blur coming right before his face. Pain flooded his vision as he heard the screams of his wife before his vision went dark.

"You did what you had to. I fault you not. However, you were sloppy. There were witnesses."
"I humbly apologize for my transgressions. I accept any punishment you deem worthy Master."
"Very well. I am glad you have come forth. Please, look upon our Eclipse."

The young follower was kind, and followed without fail. A younger man barely beneath my own age. However, he failed. He created a situation where there was a trail. Finding hooligans of a gang, or prostitutes that had no one to care for them were easy to hide. However, a store owner in broad daylight? This young man made my process with our cult more difficult now. We would likely have Corsec come down and investigate. Heaven's forbid the Green Jedi. A group that worked with the Confederate.
As the young man turned to face the mural of a moon eclipsing a star, the bright corona flaring ever so slightly with the silks against the matte finish of the black. As the young man stood there, beginning to bow his head and pray, I gingerly removed my lightsaber from its sheath without a sound. Slowly moving the emitter to the small of his back, before igniting the weapon.
A loud snap followed with a deep guttural hum. The young man didn't cry out in pain. He spoke nothing. Just winced and continued to pray as the bar of plasma melted into his body. Holding his shoulder with my other hand, I pulled the blade up into his chest and then removed it. Killing the young man by slicing a hole from just above his hips, to the collar bone. His body fell to the floor as I released him and ceased function of the Lightsaber.

The man who had been with him walked up. Praying as well. In a smooth voice with disappointment flowing through it.

"Now, speak of your sins my son."

A crowd gathered. While they were looking over the square within a plaza. Over night, someone had left behind something in the square. People came to look at what was going on. While it was now sanctioned off by holographic barriers by the local police and Corsec forces. What laid in the middle of this, was a pile of burned, and disfigured body parts. The bodies are so mutilated by some weapons, and burned so badly, attempting to get fingerprints, or DNA that has not been damaged would be quite the task.

​The pile wasn't just lazily put there. It was arranged in various Sith Symbols and letters. While most would not notice this configuration, they knew it had to mean something. With so many bodies cut up and placed in specific formations, removing them may make the situation worse than it already is. With so many unknowns, many were dressed for bomb gear, and even radiation.

As one of the Green Jedi Stands off to the side, Covering his face and clutching his chest. One of the Corsec officers walks over to the young Jedi. Placing a hand on his shoulder.

"It will be fine son. I know its not the best thing to look at."
"No its worse."
"What do you mean?"
​"I can feel it. In the force... Its corrupted. Vile and filled with such darkness. Its nauseating. Its difficult to think or to hold down my lunch."
"I... let me call for some more Jedi. If something is wrong as you say it is, we may need some backup."

concept-art-dzhungli-devushka.jpg

Kian could hear the running water cascading down the rock face into the water below and smell the scent of flowers and trees in blossom on the wind. Kian had only made his way to the Jedi Temple of the Green Jedi a few weeks prior and he was still struggle to settle into the place. It had been years since Kian had been settled somewhere....and a part of him missed the Gnost Dural, the mobile base of the Jedi Shadows. Still it was good to be planet side for some much needed rest.

Kian had bumped into an old friend of his, a Selkath Jedi Shadow named Koras Qual, whom Kian had helped to train and who had been one of his closest confidants back in the days of the Republic. When Kian saw him on Correllia, it had helped to cement his decision to stay among the Green Jedi. Koras had told Kian of this meditation spot. A small, well-known, secret alcove on the central floating mountain that the temple proper was established on. It had not been more than an hours walk from the main temple, and there was an energy to the place that had drawn Kian to it, making finding it easy.

As he sat upon a rock in the center of the shallow pond, Kian allowed himself to drift on the currents of the force....feeling as if he were floating away from where he was. The sun was coming through the trees and warming his skin. If only he could remove the anti-ox mask, then he would really feel at peace. He'd been wearing the mask everyday of his life since he'd left Dorin and while he had grown accustomed to it....it still was not a part of him.

As Kian allowed himself to drift on that current of the force, something began to change. He felt a sudden coolness creeping in where once there was warmth. The life around him, which had been so peaceful a moment before began to feel chaotic and wrong. Instead of focusing on the breeze, the son, and the life around him, his mind was suddenly drawn to decay.....and death. Kian heard a loud wheezing sound, and with a start realized it was his own breath coming in and out of his anti-ox mask. Kian forced his eyes open and gripped his knees, willing himself to calm. Just as he had begun to settle his comm beeped and a familiar voice spoke to him.

"Master Karr." Gnost Karr, Kian's nephew and padawan said, "Get back to the temple please....there is something you'll want to see." Kian felt his stomach sink. Kian was a capable Jedi, talented in a number of areas....but interpretation and foresight were never one of those skills. But even he would be a fool to not put together the sudden reaction he'd just had to the sudden call from his apprentice. Leaping to his feet, Kian made his way hastily back to the temple.

~ ~ ~​
Kian was back aboard The Shadow at breakneck speed and sitting down in the conference room looking over the case file while Gnost paced back and forth with his hands clasped behind his back. For a 14 year old....the boy was a worrier. "Would you stop that." Kian said without glancing up at the young Kel Dor. "Sorry." Gnost said, though the pacing only paused for a few moments.

"I've never seen anything like it." Kian said sitting the file down. The level of mutilation and the sheer number of bodies were bad enough, but the report from the young Jedi who was present at the scene was truly troubling.

"What do you think?" Gnost asked, a little trepidation in his voice.

"I think it warrants a look." Kian said after a few moments of contemplation. "I do not know if others having taken up the case, but I'd be surprised if we are the only to notice this." Kian said pushing the datapad toward Gnost. "I want you to get in touch with Pra'ct." Kian said referring to a Jedi Researcher who had worked with Kian before and who was an expert on the ancient Sith and Darksider practices. "We need to know if this matches with anything he's seen before." Kian said, though he highly doubted it. Kian, while certainly not as knowledgeable as the researcher, had spent a great deal of his time investigating the Sith and the darkside....and he'd never seen anything like this before.

[member="Ignis Imura"]​

Ru Tetsuya

R
Scene of the Crime

Jorm exhaled a plume of smoke from behind pursed lips. It floated lazily into the wind as he pushed through the crowd, flashing his ident every time someone tried to get a little rowdy. He would never understands why crowds loved this kind of stuff. The holographic barrier beeped and dinged, its color shifting from blue to green as it registered his CorSec ident card. An agent gave him a salute and he nodded, taking another drag of his cigar. He wasn't much for detective work, but this was his sector and something this big...Well he had to see it for himself.

He'd heard rumors of these sorts of mass displays of death. Usually they were in back allies or near abandoned industrial zones and so they'd been able to keep it under wraps but this...? Antillies Plaza wasn't the most premier place in Old Coronet, but it held a lot of significance, especially in the rebuilt Coronet. For something like this to be brazenly displayed...

"Makes me sick..." he murmered before putting the cigar out in his metal arm. With a sigh he waved over a CorSec agent. "Have the Jedi got wind of this?" he whispered.

"Y-yes, I thought we-" Jorm cursed. That meant he'd bee in more hearings, especially since this happened in his sector. "W-was that not the right thing to do sir? I-" A Jedi shuttle was already floating above them, and he had a feeling he wasn't going to like the conversation.

[member="Kian Karr"] [member="Romi Jade"]

[SIZE=11pt]For the Yevetha, religion was at the forefront of their culture and helped define who they were as a species.Their religion was founded on blood and death, and power was achieved through survival. As a whole, they were bred to die in most cases, implimenting a strict caste system. In some instances they would sacrifice their own people to satiate their gods’ bloodlust, but mostly to relish in the pain the other Yevetha was feeling. This religious ferocity taught Onasius everything he needed to know to make it within the Sith. This upbringing and the constant search for more power also made him a perfect fit for The Eclipse which was the current group he found himself working with. They believed as the Yevetha, and more importantly, as Onasius did; that everything in the galaxy could only be brought to order if it were eliminated.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The night of the murders, the followers of The Eclipse slipped unnoticed into Coronet City and had started seeping their darkness into its lifeforce like a bad infection. The already compromised integrity of the slums was the perfect place to pluck at the strings of the Force, calling to the nearby Jedi who would instinctively try to ferret out the dark side as soon as they felt its presence. That was when the followers would show themselves, after the Jedi realized it was too late to do anything to stop them. It would be an oversight the Jedi and all of Corellia would come to regret.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Jet black robes flowed behind the Sith’s gaunt figure in the light breeze that shifted through the alleyways and corners Onasius stuck to. He hid his face as to not alert the beggars and other street dwellers to his presence. Every so often he would duck into a small space and wait for someone to pass by on their own and he would strike like a wraith, grabbing from the shadows and killing them before they could scream for help. He would leave the bodies to be picked up by someone else in the cult, what they were for the assassin was not quite sure, but he was more than happy to contribute his blades. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]By the time morning arrived and people had realized what had happened, Onasius was out of the sunlight and bathed in the dark shadows of an abandoned drug den not too far away. There had been a couple passed out on the floor when he entered but as soon as they saw the demon staring them right in their eyes, they both attempted to scramble to their feet but Onasius’s dew claws had already made their way through their bodies before they could even stand up. Their last gasps for air were taken as he retracted his claws back, dropping their bodies to the floor to let them bleed out. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The Sith Knight turned around and focused on the window that had been blasted out by something and covered with different materials to try to keep the light and the elements out. If he were able to remove the coverings without being noticed he would be able to keep an eye on the crowd below, better yet keep an eye out for the Jedi he could feel starting to react to the ripples in the Force that Onasius and The Eclipse had caused. Already he could tell there were Jedi responding to the message they had left for them, The Eclipse was alive and ready to show their faces to the Jedi and to the rest of the galaxy. Only the strong would endure. [/SIZE]

Ashani Kyp

A
[member="Kian Karr"] [member="Ignis Imura"] [member="Jorm Kell"]

eN2Zqew.png

Then
Twas another ordinary day for the Jedi Watchwoman. She was at home, just getting done getting Dash ready for school. She ruffled his hair as he stepped onto the holo train and returned indoors to face her husband, Abel.

He was a rough around the edges tramp freighter Pilot. She'd met him in bar, and to her shock things had worked out between the two of them. Now between jobs, Abel smiled and motioned to the stove.

"Foods almost done, where's Tatiana?"

She grimaced.

"Probably still sleeping. Gorram teenage hormones and all that."

Abel laughed, flipping a weird bird egg over on the stove as she opened her data pad and sipped some caf. She was tied in with the Order sure, but most of her time was spent at the CorSec office, working as an agent. No one said a Green Jedi couldn't have a side gig. Besides she wasn't a very good Jedi. She'd broken rule #1. Something about gaining attachments

"Chit."

"Whats wrong?"

"Got a homicide down at Antilles. Something gruesome from the look of it too."

Abel smirked.

"So its off to work then?"

She rose, grabbed her gunbelt by the door and clipped it on. She drew her coat over it and nodded.

"Yep, that time again. CorSec, CDF, Green Jedi and Intel will all be there. It'll be great."

"Good luck," He said, leaning for a kiss.

"Yeah yeah. Don't need luck with the force."

eN2Zqew.png

Now
Antilles Square

A very pissed off woman exited the shuttle as it touched down. Some faces she knew, others she didn't.

The thing was a spectacle. Folks were gathered about and agents moved back and forth. She stepped past the barriers and nelt down inspecting the garish remains. It reeked of the Darkside. So bad in fact she felt her stomach turn and vision cloud red.

Something truly evil happened here.

"Well then. Another Chit storm on the lovely streets of Coronet."

She tucked her thumbs into her belt, eyeing down the crew.

"We got any leads?"

Objective: Investigate Massacre?​
Tag: [member="Kaleleon Seleare"] [member="Jorm Kell"]​

[youtube]https://youtu.be/d3clrkLNTSA[/youtube]

The blast door went through a series of mechanical clicks, going through its usual cycle before unlocking and subsequently opening -- Romi stepped out of the transport and seemingly glided up to the crowd. While small in frame, she possessed a strength that allowed her to carve a path through the standing bodies.

Being the acting Master of the Order she was tugged all over, when she wasn't on the warfront she was splitting her time between leading and representing the Order on the Alliance Council and serving as an advisor to the Corellian Council. At this point, it was starting to seem like all of her administrative duties were merging together; she was investigating disappearances on top of that too.

But, she was bombarded with reports daily...but none as disturbing as this. It made her uneasy and she was silent and deep in thought the entire way there. She came up on the holographic barriers and was immediately taken back by the display of discarded bodies, the smell of burned flesh, and the corrupting aura that lingered just beneath the confusion and fear -- emotions the dark side fed off of

Jorm Kell said:
"Y-yes, I thought we-" Jorm cursed. That meant he'd bee in more hearings, especially since this happened in his sector. "W-was that not the right thing to do sir? I-" A Jedi shuttle was already floating above them, and he had a feeling he wasn't going to like the conversation.

"It was the right thing to do." She cut in. "We should get these people out of here...there's a powerful undercurrent of corrupting energy tha--that isn't safe to be exposed to. We should step in and get this placed cleansed. Now." She motioned with her arms, there was a sense of urgency in her voice.

She'd heard of Jorm, and it only took her overhearing one story for her not to care for him all that much.

Kylie Talor

K
[member="Kian Karr"]

The Shadow
Taggin' Along
-----------------------------
Ever the student she was there. Between Tasha and the Covenant, there was barely anything going on these days. The Bardic Jedi Publishing Foundation was chugging along, researching and churning out books. These days she worked more in the field as a literary agent and investigator for them. Sure she still edited, but most of her time was spent bothering her Kel Dor Mentor.

Shee cycled through the airlock of her small cabin, into the main hold and nodded.

"Master Karr, I sensed some trouble."

True as it was, her own meditation had been not only boring, but particularly grueling that morning. Too much training the day before had fired her brain to an extent.

"Annnnnnnnd I sense it's dire in nature?"

A man can change his stars
OBJECTIVE: Investigate Crime Scene
INTERACTING: [member="Romi Jade"], [member="Ashani Kyp"], [member="Jorm Kell"],
TAGS: [member="Kylie Talor"], [member="Onasius Gruwel"], [member="Kian Karr"], [member="Ignis Imura"],

Something was wrong. All I got was a message on my communicator from Romi. Just simply stating two things. Coronet City Antillies plaza, and to gear up. Getting up from my bed, I quickly went into the bathroom to brush my teeth, and throw on some deodorant. I got myself dressed in more civilian looking clothes, but inter-mashed with my jacket, combat boots, a holster with my six shooter, and a training saber on my belt. Throwing on some other odds-and-end utilities that were best kept on the belt.

I started to walk out of my room, but stopped, turned around, grabbed my speeder keys, then left my room. Taking two steps at a time down the stairs and out into the main lobby. One of the attendees of the place began to wave at me and speak hello, but as they saw I was in a rush, left me alone. Upon getting out, I walked over to my speeder, started her off, and made headway towards where Romi wanted me to be at.

--------------------------------------------------

A couple minutes later I pulled up as close as I could to the problem. I could already tell there was something bad going on. There was a crowd of people surrounding around police vehicles, and many were attempting to get the newest scoop for the local news channels. I had a bad feeling about this. Reaching into my jacket, I pulled out a small badge that showed I was with the Green Jedi. Making my was through the crowd and crossing the barrier with the hologram changing colors to donate that I was allowed.

As I started to get closer, I could smell singed clothes and something else. Something foul. When I was finally able to see the bodies of numerous people, all strewn about in pieces, and even more so that other Jedi who were here looked deathly pale, it made sense. This was the act of someone who clearly wanted to make a statement. Even more so, I could feel sick to my stomach. Looking around, I instantly saw the blonde hair, and her interacting with all the other people who seemed to be showing up.

I was clueless to the situation at the moment, so hopping on over just to be a Shadow of the Former Grandmaster, and listening in on what was going on. Maybe I could garner an idea for what was going down, and why someone, or a group decided to do this.

Undisclosed Location

"They are currently investigating the results of our rituals Master."
"What of it?"
"I was told to notify you."
"Very well. Go ahead and keep a look out. Follow them."
"As you wish."

the girl left my presence as soon as she had met me. She was nervous. Considering what I had done to the people who fought back, refused to join us, or were in too poor of a condition to be useful to us. I sighed heavily letting my blackened hand rub the barely growing stubble on my chin. Short enough to be a pain, but not very noticeable within the darkness. Slowly I could feel a pair of hands reaching to my front side from behind me. I knew who it was. There was no doubt of it. I could feel her head resting gently upon my right shoulder as she attempted to speak to me.

"You really should treat them better."
"When I have a number of them fail, so I need to reprimand them, or even end their life, I won't be in a happy mood."
"I know darling, but they are still your people."
"You are right."
"Now, back to the topic at hand. What are you going to do now that you got the attention of the Jedi?"
"You already know that answer."
"Kill them?"
"I'd prefer to play with my food before I eat it."
"Oh you naughty boy."

I chuckled a little at her comment. Looking up at the Eclipse mural that hung upon the wall. I was thinking about the people currently within our grasp. Many were just wanting a place to live, eat and sleep. Some were here for the religion. Others were just here for the idea of killing people. Turning around to Caleo, I grabbed her upper arms and looked at her face.

"You know about the Yeventha assassin we accepted a bit ago?"
"The weird guy with teeth?"
"I wouldn't say that to his face, but yes. See what you can on looking up his people. He said his people worship death. Which is why we let him in to begin with."
"You want to see if we can get more like him?"
"If he would be willing to help us with that, then yes. The more people we can get, then the better chance we will have."

After I finished speaking, the doors to the room opened up to a woman clothed in white robes. One of the Priests of the Religion. Separating from Caleo, I walked over to the lady and bowed after she had.

"We have more people for you to inspect master."
"Very well. However, why come yourself?"
"It seems there are also more Jedi showing up to the crime than expected."
"Oh? Explain yourself."
"The lady you fought on Nar Kreeta..."
"Interesting. She has shown her face once more."

The desire to finish our fight, was flowing through my veins. However, that will have to wait just a little bit longer.

[member="Kaleleon Seleare"], [member="Kylie Talor"], [member="Romi Jade"], [member="Ashani Kyp"], [member="Onasius Gruwel"], [member="Jorm Kell"], [member="Kian Karr"],

Ru Tetsuya

R
[member="Kaleleon Seleare"] [member="Romi Jade"] [member="Ashani Kyp"]

Jorm rolled his eyes harder than a bolo ball on a Mandalorian field as the esteemed 'Master of the Order' and her Padawan sauntered onto the scene. The Green Jedi were...A necessary evil. They were important idols and war heroes to some, to others they were just another reminder of older days, days when Corellia was beholden to a Republic and their Jedi Order. There were at least three of them now.

Romi Jade said:
there's a powerful undercurrent of corrupting energy tha--that isn't safe to be exposed to. We should step in and get this placed cleansed. Now."

Jorm's head nearly snapped off his neck and he had to shake his head to make sure he wasn't dream, or having a nightmare.

"Did I just hear you right Jedi? You want to cleanse an active crime scene? Do I even want to get into how terribly that will kark up our investigation here?" He raised his prosthetic hand to cut her off before she said anything and shook his head. He wasn't here for the ancient history lesson about the "light side" and the "dark side" he was here to catch some maniacs.

"We've been working on the crowds," he said changing the subject and motioning her to follow him closer to the grotesque display, "But the barriers and security droids only do so much." He shrugged. "Press is like vultures these days, looking for any scrap of meat, any sniff of rotten news in our streets. Its really makin' our lives difficult. And the Jedi-" he cut himself off and tucked his thumbs in his pockets. "To your earlier question miss," he said, directing the question at the more laid back of the two Jedi, "We have a few. We haven't let the public know but..." he lowered his voice now, "This isn't the first we've seen of this...Been finding these...displays is what the agents are calling them, have been found in Gold, Blue, and now Green. Its like they're hitting specifically within Old Coronet."

He side stepped a tall security droid and knelt down to take a few photos himself with his prosthetic eye and stood up, turning to face the pair of Green Jedi Knights and sighed.

"Look," he paused and leaned closer to them and spoke with a hushed tone, "If you guys wanna help we'll take all the help we can get. Between this, the gang wars in Blue and Gold sectors, and this new slave trading and smuggling ring my guys are a little stretched thin." He jabbed a prosthetic finger between the two of them, his brow furrowed into a glare, " But don't get in our way."

Ashani Kyp

A
[member="Jorm Kell"] [member="Kaleleon Seleare"] [member="Romi Jade"]

eN2Zqew.png
Gang wars seemed the least of their issues now. Still if they could hit a location as public as Antilles Plaza, she wondered, what Dash's school?

She tapped a silent message to Abel on her wrist pad.
"Get Dash home from school, now. There's Dark Jedi or worse, Sith on the loose. Don't expect ya to understand it. Go yourself please."
She glanced at Jorm. So far he'd been a little insulted by Romi and her charge. She smirked and then nodded. Yea the site should have been cleansed, but the man was an in to where she wanted. In the intel community folks knew better than to burn their connections. Besides she was always chit at the force. Besides blasting stuff out of her way.

"Alright I'll bite big guy. Let's pick a scene to do some sensitive sight exploitation on and split. The other can probably handle this."

Kian turned to the padawan and nodded his head. She was intuitive and that was an asset that he hoped to cultivate in their training together. He was hesitant to bring her on this....they hadn't known each other long and the crime scene was certainly gruesome. But it was a disservice to second guess the younger Jedi. She had a history that predated her time as a Jedi Padawan and she had seen her fair share of time in the field.

"Trouble..." Kian said turning toward her. "...is one way to put it." He handed her the datapad for her to take a look at the crime scene photos that were coming in. Despite the horror of the case ahead of them, Kian found a wide smile forming on his face beneath the mask. Tilting his head to the side and watching Kylie look over the file, Kian asked.

"What is the dirtiest, grimiest outfit you have?"

~ ~ ~ ~​
Kian walked down the alley with a pronounced limp and the swaying stagger of a man who had one too many drinks. His usual robes were gone, replaced by a torn and dirty tunic and pants that were covered in what appeared to be days old vomit stains. While the Kel Dor appeared to be innebriated and incoherent, he was actively stretching out with the force seeking both threats and traces of the darkside. It was....illusive. There were moments in which Kian would think he sensed a dark presence and then it would be gone. Slipping down a side alley, Kian leaned against a wall as if he were dealing with a dizzy spell.

As a Kel Dor, Kian has always had some telepathic abilities, but his force connection allowed these to be some of the strongest skills in her arsenal. Stretching out with his mind he did a surface reading of those in the immediate area, looking for what thoughts were floating at the forefront of their minds. The thoughts range from desire for food, a high, or another person to fear and despair at the circumstances that they were living in. Kian had chosen this area because it was one of the poorest in the city and was known to be a haven of crime. Just the type of place where someone could blend into the background, no matter how terrible the crimes you were committing were.

Among those in his immediate area he felt the mind of his apprentice. The two were close by but separate so as not to attract attention. He noticed nothing to be concerned about and continued his scanning. As Kian searched for any clues, he got a deep seeded sense of fear coming from a small hovel where three men gathered around a heating vent for a nearby factory. The concern emanating from the men was unlike that of those nearby. Pushing off the wall, Kian made his way toward the group.

"Anyone have something to drrinnk?" Kian asked, making a show of almost stumbling into the vent but catching himself. The men looked very concerned by his sudden appearance and one visibly jumped.

"No!" the oldest of the three spat out quickly.

"You hear about those murders....rumor says the were slaughtered like pigs." Kian spit out and let out a macabre laugh. The three men exchanged a glance and the oldest narrowed his eyes at Kian.

"We ain't seen you here before and this is a private party." The man said, putting menace in his voice.

"Maybe so." Kian said swaying a bit. "But this is a public vent." And with that he sank down onto the ground at the base of the heating vent, as if his legs had given out and were simply no longer going to work anymore. For a moment it looked as if the three men would get to violence, but instead they snorted and made their way further down the alley toward another heating vent far enough away for Kian to not hear over the sound of the vent beside him.

Try to get close....but not seen. Kian said to Kylie through his telepathic abilities and then allowed his head to lull as if he were sleeping.

[member="Ignis Imura"] | [member="Jorm Kell"] | [member="Onasius Gruwel"] | [member="Ashani Kyp"] | [member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Kylie Talor"] | [member="Kaleleon Seleare"]​

Kylie Talor

K
The City; Slums
Taggin' Along
-----------------------------
"Too easy."

She was pretty well versed in the game. Kian had helped her rub a lil engine grease on her coveralls. Now she was a repair woman, with a dirty ash ridden face. Both Pistols were tucked into her waist line, saber concealed in a holster inside her clothes. The coveralls made a convincing disguise.

She was tarting to get this shadow thing. Blend in, be the Shadow.

She moved right on up, not trying to be stealthy at all. One hand hefted a large wrench, and the other was holding a box full of tools.

"Hey, git ya gone from here mongrels. This ain' a party this is a govmn't vent!"

"Who are you?"

"I'm the repair woman."

Bad cover? Maybe.

She looked them up and down.

"Whatever."

They went back to talking, moving a small distance off. She stopped over, and jacked the wrench onto a bolt, cranking. As she bluffed she expanded her senses tapping into her battle meditation training. While they talked, their own words were being overriden by their thoughts.

She realized she could hear them before they even spoke.

She reached out farther, blocking out the darker parts of the force around her, and connecting with Kian.

After a few moments it was a solid connection, like a live wire with a thousand volts between them. They were one. He heard and saw whats she saw, and vice versa.

"While I have you here," She thought, "I cross-referenced the symbolism on that crime scene with the Jedi Library Network. Funnily enough I had to reach back using force enhancement to remeber I read something similar in a book once, private collection; non archive. The symbolism matches Pre-Gulag Sith'ari dialect, but it's possibly a variant of Rakkatta. Sorcerers cant of some kind. No idea if it helps."

Vance

V
[member="Jorm Kell"] [member="Ashani Kyp"] [member="Kaleleon Seleare"] [member="Romi Jade"]

A stoic expression was shown by a rather old arrival to the crime scene. It was a Chiss, riddled in various tattoos of Various crime syndicates, gangs and various other vile groups of scum and villainy. A chiss to bare such marks was rare and could be potentially scene as ill mannered to their own kind. Coreilla was far, far from Csilla in galactic space and so the question was warranted. Why so far from home? With the decline of the Chiss ascendancy one could expect the Chiss to follow their own a return back into a behind the scene role with the rest of their kin.

This was not the case with this particular individual. His name unknown but his alias was simply "Vance". An ex-con, spice seller and moderately known info-chant if the price was right. In the past Vance's information about various deals and crimes on Coreilla had assisted not only CorSec but other parties as well. It was all for profit or for sport. To see the players on opposite ends face off against one another was quite amusing in his nihilistic mind. Ofcourse this all meant Vance had a rather somewhat-volatile relationship with CorSec and other such law enforcement agencies. To them he was seen as a rat, a important rat but still a rat.

This was the role Vance has accepted and he played it flawlessly. To Galactic government Vance was a mere criminal and rightfully so. A Chiss involved with various clans and factions of crime. His body was a wprk of confused art if one considered what side he truely was on. The answer was neither this or that but all of the above. Originally Vance was a operative for the Chiss. A Black-Ops solider top of his class, dedicated to infiltration, recon and deception. A licensed killer that now had no leash, but none knew this.

The only ones that did were the Chiss governing families. They were the cause of his blackmail and they would soon pay in blood....

Red eyes gazed over the distant symbols in and body parts before they were partially covered up from his view. The image was replayed in his mind over and over. He knew the language, he knew what it said, what it meant and what was going to come next. The arrival of this Cult. Eclipse. It was dark, it was vile, revolting in his sight and it was for those reasons he had joined their side. This small crime scene was just the start. Bigger plans were soon to come and despite the presence of Green jedi working in tandem with CorSec. The coming storm would demand their full attention. The aroma that was the corrupting nature of the darkside stained the very air around crime scene like old blood on clothes.

" What a karking mess." he commented from behind the barrier. " What is there to study? Its gibs of flesh! Let Sanitation do their job so we can continue our business in the plaza." His voice let loose a rough sounding speech patterns. It was a bold thing to say for a Ex-con and Vance only said it knowing he could get away with it. Neither CorSec or Green Jedi had propper information to pin him on criminal dealings as of yet. This was no doubt due to the Chiss's very special talents.

[SIZE=11pt]Chilling black eyes shifted around the crowd below looking for any signs of the Jedi, Gruwel could feel their presence through the Force. They were surrounding the area around the scene of the crime and likely the rest of the inner city. Their Force signatures had started to become a pulse in the area, giving Onasius a small headache. The closest Jedi to him would likely feel his Force signature sooner or later. He had been training himself in how to repress it, but it was very difficult to hide such an energy. Luckily for the Sith and the rest of the members of the cult, the echoes of the atrocities they had committed the night before were much darker than his own Force signature. Still though, they would be able to catch on sooner or later.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Turning from the window, Onasius reached into his robe pocket, taking out a small metallic device securely linked directly to Ignis, “This is Darth Mortivious, I am in position above the crowd.” With a voice like an angry rancor and the teeth to match, it was terrifying to listen to him speak. “They are scared of us,” He looked over at the horror stricken faces of the couple he had dealt with when he arrived. “We could use their fear to our advantage.” He looked back toward the window and saw the people talking below. They knew they were in danger, but they didn’t know what from. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“It would be hard for the Jedi to investigate and find us if everyone were running in fear.” The Sith Knight licked his lips in anticipation, Onasius could almost taste the blood. [/SIZE]

[member="Ignis Imura"] [member="Vance"] [member="Kian Karr"]

Anne Albright

A
bBChrSW.png
High Orbit
Corellia
They were refitting. During Balmorra CDF Razor had taken a couple gashes in the hull. She'd lost thirty four sailors in the void, ten more killed on impact. A gruesome affair, followed by funeral affairs. It was a rough time for the new Captain, and even rougher for the crew.

Of all things she wanted to be bothered with, today's events were not it.

"What in the hell in this?" She said, slapping down the data pad onto her desk,

The Ensign reporting stood stock still, at attention.

"I asked a question Enisgn Clark."

"Ma'am wouldn't say ma'am. Encrypted message from Fleetcom. Your eyes only."
Fleetcom. The nemesis of her free time.

"Very well, thank you Ensign, that'll be all."

"Aye Ma'am."

He snapped a salute, which was returned and exited as fast as possible.

She swiped up, casting the file to a holograph screen and imprinted her thumb.

"Voice confirmation, Captain Albright, Anne, CDF Serial Number 432251-002."

"File Active."

She read it, quick fast and in a hurry, Sensor data.

There was a few scans of the area, an updated Intel Reel from Corellian Naval Intelligence. Something was amiss.

Fleetcom had sent out a bolo for criminal activity....

The City Slums
Getting into Trouble
~ ~ ~​

Very good. Kian said through their connection. It is certainly more than we had before. When you can, put together a report and send it along to the other Jedi. Kian said, not wanting the others to be in the dark about it. It may very well help their investigation. Kian continued to pretend to be asleep, but now, with his connection to Kylie, he could hear what the men were saying.

"....I'm telling you it was him!" The youngest man said, his voice hushed but urgent.

"You can not possibly know that." The older man said. "We all saw that crime scene. The bodies were unrecognizable....they barely looked human anymore."

"Yeah, Mac," the third chimed in, "they were just chunks of flesh."

"I saw the tattoo!" The young man said again. "On the bicep, just below all the blood and charring. There was his tattoo. It was Saric." The young man said, and looked back and forth between the two other skeptical men. "And his shop is suddenly closed this morning, and his wife and him are now where to be found."

"I'm telling you it was him." Kian had heard enough, rising from his position he walk directly up to the three men, his limp and sway now suddenly gone.

"Gentlemen." Kian said, clasping his hands behind his back and in doing so, pulling his robe back enough for the lightsaber hanging from his belt to be visible. He saw the men glance at it and realization dawn in their eyes. The two skeptics looked ready to run, but something in the other man's eyes told him that he was glad to have Kian standing there. "You two should go home and get some rest." Kian said waving his hand through the air and putting force persuasion into his words. The two men's eyes glazed over and they nodded in agreement before turning and walking away.

"What do you want with me?" The man said looking Kian right in his masked face. Kian gave him credit, many people were intimidated by Jedi, and many were intimidated by a Kel Dor's appearance, but this man was not.

"I want you to take me to Saric's shop." Kian said. "You seem to care that he is missing....and you seem to think he is one of the bodies found this morning." Kian said stepping closer and reaching out to place a hand on the man's shoulder. "Take me there and we will help find out the truth." Kian said. The man stared at him for a moment and then nodded resolutely.

"This way." He said and turned to lead them there. Kian glanced over at Kylie and tilted his head to indicate to follow. "Good work," Kian said when she was closer to him. "Something tells me that isn't the first time you've had to go incognito." Kian said smiling and following a few paces behind the man. As they followed though, Kian felt the cold tendrils of the darkside once more. Whatever was out there...it wasn't far from them. But the dark taint of corruption from the crime scene made it difficult to pinpoint down exactly where it was emanating from.

[member="Kylie Talor"]​

Coronet Kriffin City,
Corellia

How the hell Corellia managed to be considered a Core World when the planet was way worse than at least a dozen of Outer Rim worlds. If Dagon did not know where he was, he'd definitely believe this slimy world was somewhere in the force forgotten stars of the Outer Rim and he would go to very far lengths to argue with those who told him otherwise.

So here they were, Lone Star Agency. Seniya and Dagon hired by...well someone from the Corellian Confederation. Probably. Seniya handled paper work and thus she handled employers. Dagon didn't really need to know unless the need arose while riding the case.

And what a bumpy ride this case looked like.

Waving his plastic looking badge (budget cuts) with the familiar symbol of the Lone Star Agency, Dagon insolently shuffled through the stack of investigative bodies to reach the face he was supposed to reach.

Romi Jane.

No, Jade.

Swear it was Jane.

"Romi Jade." He stopped at an overly intimate distance from the woman. A pause to check whether he'd mistaken her surname and when no correction came from the blonde Dagon continued on. "Master of the Green Jedi Order. We were told to contact you regarding this..." Dagon gestured at the mess beside them. "case."

"Lone Star Agency. Dagon Perl's the name, this is my partner Seniya Nehir." He nodded at his partner and added. "We're here to solve this for ya. Mind if you give us a few details before we start looking over the scene ourselves?"

[member="Seniya Nehir"] [member="Romi Jade"] [member="Jorm Kell"] [member="Kaleleon Seleare"] [member="Kylie Talor"] [member="Ashani Kyp"] [member="Onasius Gruwel"] [member="Ignis Imura"]

Kylie Talor

K
[member="Kian Karr"]

The City Slums
Getting into Trouble
~ ~ ~​
Kylie chuckled at his words.

"It's not. Had to slip out of Alliance space when the whole thing was coming down. But I do have to say you have the monopoly on the game. I'd have never thought to add the extra dirt. Change clothes yes, but a poor person makes the best cover."

Something was off about the man they were following. He was fidgety, and nervous. She could see sweat forming on his brow as they moved through the putrid air of the ghetto. Bums were laid out on the side of the street, some sick from spice withdrawal. Others clanked around Corellian credit chits in their steel bowls.

Kylie felt a moral dilemma to help them all, but there were more pressing matters at hand. She did what she could for the poor, dropping one or two credits at a time, albeit out of view of their guide.

As they kept moving they turned left down a windy alley way. It was long, and closed off one both sides. Brick and blasted rebar, with graffiti all over the walls. At the end was dumpster and burned out speeder bike.

She touched Kian's mind, and smiled as the guide glanced back.
"Looks like a choke point. Good place for a trap."

She wondered about the speeder, and the gangs that ran this part of town. They might be able to take out a few, but once they had to draw lightsabers, their entire cover would be blown. It was times like these she was thankful for her training with the Judges and her Gray Templar background.

She reached soft and slow into her coveralls, and through her cloak. Her thumb switched one of her blasters to fire, and she pulled it halfway to loosen it up from the sheath.

She then withdrew that hand, and they went on walking....

[member="Dagon Perl"] | [member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Vance"] | [member="Ashani Kyp"] | [member="Jorm Kell"]

8VbLjCs.png

[SIZE=14pt]The Scene of the Crime,
Coronet City, Corellia[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=9pt]She felt[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] the crime scene before she saw it. If the chokingly thick miasma of dark energy radiating off the bodies had been all but palpable half a block away, it was suffocating to be in the shadow of the deed itself. Crime wasn’t exactly unheard of back on Terminus, and she had seen more than her fair share of murders during her tenure with the Guardians of Kiffu, but nothing quite like this. Nothing quite so… [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Twisted[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt].[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]It was why she was almost glad when a glowing green cordon, the era’s ubiquitous icon for tragedy on Corellia, attempted to bar their way. Not that Dagon was plussed. Still, even with badged credentials leading the way, the CorSec Officer minding the cordon almost attempted to stop them as they brushed past. His cavernous mouth hanging open in a silent objection that never arrived, his expression instead morphing from surprise, indignation and finally befuddlement as Seniya gave him a subtle mental [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]lean[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]. Nothing too serious or untoward, but a gentle brush that left him suddenly preoccupied with the sudden nagging feeling that he was forgetting to do something. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]It would likely be an hour before he remembered that the two private investigators. Perhaps longer before he remembered their faces or what the badge that had been flashed. With any luck, they should be long gone before the incriminating fingers were being pointed. Her own fingers were already twitching enough for all parties, forcing her to clench them tightly and shove them deep into her pockets before she gave into the temptation to let her psychometric abilities run rampant. There was nothing in this place she wanted stuck in her head. She had enough of her own ghosts without piling on some stranger’s.

“[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]We’re here to lend [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]our assistance.[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]” The Kiffar corrected absently as Dagon made the introductions, her own attention already shifting towards the crime scene as he let him run his mouth. As the Officer still standing their slack jawed could attest, they were already overstepping their welcome as far as CorSec would be concerned. Last thing they needed was to add the Green Jedi to the mix. Corellians could be a little like Mandalorians when it came to outsiders stepping on to their terf. “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Our client has a vested interested in seeing this case closed as quickly as possible. You know how it is. Election year and all that. Nothing like a deranged psychopath running around to tank your numbers.[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]She shrugged as if to say ‘you know how it is[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]’ or perhaps ‘[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]rich people, amirite?’[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] before continuing, “[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Quicker you give us the rundown, the quicker we can get out of your hair.[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]”[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom