Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Ebb and Flow

qC8JFYe.png

Coruscant
Senate Hill, Senate District
Senate Hill was often overlooked when one looked to tour the Coruscant sights.

It was small and unassuming, a collection of old monuments, dwarfed by the surrounding skyscrapers, and overshadowed by the Umate's summit only a few blocks away. It was a small collections of statues and plaques, earning nary a glance from the bustling city-planet's many residents. Except one.

Dressed in a simple black cloak, with the hood up to obscure his face, Alicio lingered on each inscription. He stared at the blank faces of politicians, once household names. They were from a time long past, a republic as old as it was great, that rose and fell in turn.

It made one think.

Alicio couldn't keep the smile from his face. The message from Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix had been a welcome distraction from the stresses of war. He was... excited, to meet her son. A woman he'd looked up to as he began his journey into politics. And now...

Well, he could only hope to be that for someone else.

- Stephan Draellix-Kobitana Stephan Draellix-Kobitana -

It was the young boy's first venture onto Senate Hill, and so his eyes kept darting from one statue to the next, pausing longer on those names he recognized from his schooling. Oddly, it was not a data pad that was nestled in his dominant hand and pressed against his side, but instead a well-used collection of parchments wrapped in distressed grey leather with his name engraved in golden fabric on its cover.

Stephen, or "Stash" as his friends called him, had been fascinated with the political spheres that his mother had been involved in for many years. Even in the midst of his studies within university on Coruscant, he always tried to stay up to date on senatorial proceedings, watching holovids of senate sessions with intrigue and even engaging in various online forums of debate. So when Tiresh, desiring to promote his passions, proposed the idea of reaching out to her long-time friend and fellow colleague, Alicio Organa, about the possibility of bringing on Stash in some form of internship or aid position within his senatorial team, he was more than a bit excited.

The boy, recognizing the familiar form of Alicio in the distance from the holo vids and from his mothers meetings, took in a breath and puffed out his chest slightly. First impressions were important, and he wanted to make sure this one was as positive as possible.

"Senator Organa!" He offered a respectful bow, his voice squeaking slightly from some of the nerves he was feeling. "My mother speaks so highly of you! Thank you for agreeing to meet with me, I'm very honored."

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

As he gazed upon the faces of the past, Alicio perked up, as if he'd heard someone shout his name.

"Senator Organa!"

Alicio turned, finally letting his hood drop. No need for anonymity anymore, he supposed. He favored the redhead with a warm smile, shining like the sun through a patch of clouds. "Alicio," he returned, nodding his head in kind with the boy's bow. "And it's my honor to meet you, Mr. Draellix-Kobitana." He smirked. Both of the boy's last names meant a great deal to him.

Not to mention Alicio was deeply passionate about the young generations' interest in politics.

"Join me?"

Once the boy stepped up beside him, Alicio returned his attention to the statue before them both, letting his warm features temper slightly.

"Have you ever been here before, Stephan?"

Stash’s face turned a bit red at the request of Alicio for him to use his first name. He had seen him on many holovids within the Senate chamber, and so there was a real sense of celebrity that he was feeling standing before the Senator.

He nodded his head and stepped up beside Alicio at his invitation. The boys eyes shifted from Alicio to the statue that was drawing the Senators gaze. The face seemed familiar, likely from his studies, yet the name was not recalling any particular information. He activated his implant, which brought up the name and some major points of the man’s political career.

Oh yes. He remembered now. Stash had not focused too much of his attention on this specific Chancellor, viewing him as being mostly a failure whose inaction had made way for the rise of Chancellor Palpatine. The young boy furrowed his eyebrows slightly, studying the statue’s face with slight contempt.

“I have not, Senator… uh… Alicio. This is my first time.”

Alicio tried his hardest not to notice Stephan's star-struck eyes, keeping his own firmly on the stony-faced statue ahead. He didn't feel entirely deserving of them- yes, he was a senator, but one among hundreds. Even if he held considerable sway in the Assembly, even if he heard the whispers of his future prospects in the walkways of the Senate Hall, he wouldn't be where he was without the countless people who paved the way, who held him up, who trusted him.

Still, it felt oddly gratifying to illicit a little awe, every once in a while.

"Senate Hill has the unfortunate fate of being in the shadow of every point of interest in Galactic City. Umate, the Senate Building itself, the Temple... I highly recommend you visit them all, if you haven't already." Alicio's hands disappeared within his cloak, folded behind his back. The Count could have brought the Ashlan scion any number of places to inspire him, but he chose here instead. A grove of forgotten politicians. "But I like it here. No long lines, and you can share a decent conversation with someone." He smirked briefly.

Alicio distracted himself with the sounds of speeders buzzing overhead, skylanes stretching out infinitely in every direction above them. Once, years ago, it had filled him with discomfort, to be surrounded by so many people. But now, he was used to the crowds. Could even appreciate them. "Tell me about yourself, Stephan. Why do you wish to join the Alliance? Why involve yourself in politics?"

Stephan listened intently as Alicio spoke, taking in every word the Senator shared with him as if it were treasure. To have the attention of a respected Senator of the Alliance was something he would surely not take for granted. Sure, he had spoken to numerous senators and wealthy donors in the midst of his mothers fundraisers and such, but this was different. This was focused on him. He felt ecstatic.

Stash nodded at the suggestion of visiting all of the important locations. "Yes sir." He said. He had sat in on one Senate hearing with his mother, who had attended in order to represent the foundation and its commitment to helping the displaced victims of the war. But those had been whirlwind moments. And the Jedi temple? Never. But he determined that he would dedicate some time this coming week after his finals to visit those locations with more intentional interest.

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa said:
"Tell me about yourself, Stephan. Why do you wish to join the Alliance? Why involve yourself in politics?"

The boy tugged slightly on the hem of his garment, thinking for a moment upon the posed question.

"I want to make a difference, I think." He postulated, "Both my mothers were so impactful within their spheres. My sister, Fallon Draellix-Kobitana Fallon Draellix-Kobitana , is strong with the force, and she is pursuing justice on the battle field, much like Isla did. I'm…". He shrugged slightly, folding his fingers into themselves in front of him as his cheeks turned slightly red, "I'm not a fighter. But I've seen the good that can be accomplished within the political sphere. I know it can take a toll… with everything that happened to Tiresh… but I really want to be in the Senate chamber someday…". His eyes gleamed with young, idealistic anticipation, "Setting forth bills, rallying senators to my cause, making the galaxy a better place."

"I want to make a difference, I think."

The corner of Alicio's mouth ticked up in a subtle, but genuine show of appreciation. Stephan's tone, his impassioned cadence, his desire to help, warmed his heart. It reminded him of... well, himself, when he was younger. Bright, unfettered by realistic expectations, eyes planted firmly on that bright horizon.

Had that been what Faith, what Tiresh, had seen in him, all those years ago? Youthful potential?

"Well said. You are your mothers' son," Alicio huffed out a quiet laugh. "When I was younger, I looked up to Tiresh a great deal. I was new in the political sphere when we first met. Still a city manager. But your mother saw something in me. Encouraged me. And I'd like to imagine I've done some good to repay her kindness."

"I think Tiresh's greatest strength is her persistence. When she spearheaded the Free Alliance Coalition, she was... bombarded by trouble. Threats. Attempts. But through it all, she stood proudly, resolute. She's a fighter, through and through."

Gunmetal eyes glanced down at the little Kobitana, noting his previous blush. "It isn't all sunshine and rainbows. To make a difference, we have to fight for every inch. Your mother fought that fight. I fight that fight, and will continue to fight it tooth-and-nail for as long as I can."

Alicio took measure of Chancellor Valorum's face. What would his legacy be?

"You say you aren't a fighter. But... I can tell you care. That's the telltale sign of a warrior."

More than an obscure statue in a forgotten monument.

"I'd be honored to march with you to war, Stephan. If you'll have me."

Stephan listened quietly, processing the Senators words. Tiresh and Isla had done their best to shield him from the harsh details of what had actually happened to Tiresh, however the boys curiosity had filled in most of the gaps through holonet news and articles. He had also secretly watched the holo documentary series that had been released only a few months ago, which dived into the fight between the Free Alliance Coalition and the Corporatists. It had really opened his eyes to some things.

Still, it was all very much romanticized for the boy. The realities of such events surely skewed by notions of heroism and the affects of inexperience. He was young, and although he liked to consider himself rather intelligent and secure in his own positions, the truth was that he had no idea of the rigors and challenges that awaited him within the political sphere.

And here was Alicio Organa, a dear friend of both Tiresh and Isla, a now seasoned and experienced Senator who garnered much respect and notability. Someone that Stephan already looked up to and admired...

And he was bringing him in, to mentor him, to educate him on the true realities of politics. And not only that, he was speaking to the young boy almost as if he was an equal… someone he would be proud to march into war with…

Stash couldn't help but feel a sense of pride well up within himself. Who could ask for a better mentor, he wondered. And he seemed very approachable. Stephan didn't feel as though Organa looked down on him at all. He couldn't help but feel excitement at the prospects of the future.

"I am grateful, Alicio. Thank you." He clipped his heals together in almost a militaristic fashion and bowed respectfully. Perhaps it was all the talk of war that brought forth such a response.

Stephan's response brought a chuckle from the Count, who tried and failed to cover it with a stray hand over his mouth. Despite all this talk of fighting, and war... the moment of brevity was nice.

"Well then, your fight starts tomorrow." He could give the boy a night to stew, but if Stephan was anything like Alicio, and he imagined he was, that would be all the time Stephan could handle before needing to begin. "I'll send you some details on a proposal an... ally... is bringing to the floor soon. Then, there's managing the books on a few camps in the galactic south, and preparations for a holocall with the Council of Alderaan later this week, and a visit to Delaya..." Alicio paused, a wry smile breaking his feigned deadly seriousness.

"Kidding. Let's start with the bill, and work our way from there." He could have Orso worry about the rest of the details.

"Where are you staying?"

Cheeks turning a bit red again at the Count's attempt to shield his own amusement at the boy. Stephan's finger tapped softly against the leather of his journal as Alicio began to outline a rather full itinerary, his eyes widening slightly not only at the euphoric realization that he was really going to be in the thick of it, but also the growing concern at whether or not he would be able to keep up with everything in the midst of schooling.

He would make it work. Even if it meant late hours and little sleep. This was too important.

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa said:
"Kidding. Let's start with the bill, and work our way from there."

The boy let out the breath he had been holding in subconsciously, smiling with a nod.

"Looking forward to the fight, Senator."

He knew it would likely take him some time to adjust and learn how to interact with the Count. It seemed that, while he was serious about his work, he was also willing to embrace a level of humor. This was a bit of a relief for Stephan. He knew that he would surely feel comfortable at Alicio's side in no time.

"Close to the university. Not far from the Senate. I am staying by myself in a condominium, in the Gemini Complex, so I will be able to work on anything you task me with without distraction."

His arm stretched out with a finger pointing in the general direction of his accommodations. His parents, being very wealthy, had provided him with a generous stipend once he had moved to Coruscant.

Stephan's single-minded enthusiasm brought a knowing smile to the Count's dour features. Yes, he decided. He very much reminds me of me.

Alicio adjusted the clasp of his cloak, his hand absently tracing the crest of House Organa at the fastener. "Coruscant is a hard place to live by yourself." He breached the topic a bit more gently than he had the others. He didn't want to pressure the boy, but especially at the young Kobitana's age, he needed to be around others. "I wouldn't be opposed to taking some of our meetings over dinner. I know a few excellent restaurants."

When Alicio had been Stephan's age...

Nobody that young should feel alone.

"And, of course, I'd be happy to introduce my family to you, when the time is right." Alicio smirked. "August and Liana may be a handful, at times, but I'm sure they would be overjoyed to meet you."

"Do you have any questions for me?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom