Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Earl Grey

VVVDHjr.png

IMPERIAL + DIPLOMACY
RIMWARD TRADE LEAGUE

S E S W E N N A

0r4yu4n.png

79G10lM.png
The White Cardinal was an exclusive tea house that catered to the elite. Ariel had asked Redarr Syko to meet with her there in Motti City on Seswenna. All that would need to be said to the hostess would be that they were a guest of hers. The Dosuunian-raised Galidraani was glad to have found a like-minded colleague on this side of the Outer Rim. She certainly wanted to foster that connection and offer any assistance that she could to those on Sluis Van. Whilst she waited for her colleague's arrival, Ariel ordered a cup of earl grey tea, along with a small set of lemon shortbread and ginger biscuits had accompanied the order.

She was at the farthest table, close to a window that overlooked the Black River. The White Cardinal was among the few structures that sat along the river itself rather than on the banks. Pristine marble columns and an ornate dome reflected along the water. Further along the Black River, Trautmann, a smaller but no less important city to Seswenna. Held the planet's intellectual and indeed, artistic heart and a museum dedicated to both Death Star's construction. As the moments passed, a waiter brought forth Ariel's order of tea and biscuits.

Redarr Syko

R

0r4yu4n.png

S E S W E N N A || White Cardinal Tea House || Music: A Stroll

It had been so long since Redarr had been free to walk alone, unaccompanied by security or staff of any kind, simply a man taking the time to explore a world to which he had never traveled before. Seswenna was a world steeped in history and beauty, though it was not free of controversy. But who could say their homeworld was truly so unremarkable that it had not contributed to the darkness that had covered the galaxy so many times in the past? All that mattered in this age was that one learned from their mistakes and fought for a better future instead of oppression, no matter how gilded that oppression may be.

Though only a recent acquaintance, Ariel Yvarro Ariel Yvarro had made quite the impression upon their first meeting, especially as she supported his proposal to begin militarization within the League following the latest slaver incursion. Each time this occurred, the League itself was made to look weak and its member worlds might begin to wonder just what the point of their continued support for an organization that could not keep them safe. Compound that fact with the continued threat of the resurgent Sith and one had every right to worry about the future of the Mid and Outer Rim. Approaching the White Cardinal, Redarr paused to ground himself, a deep breath was all that was needed to return him to the present rather than continue to worry about possible dark futures. This was to be a spirited discussion over a cup of tea, the fate of the Outer Rim was not going to be decided by a simple conversation.

Upon entering the tea house, Redarr was greeted by a kind hostess to which he offered a gentle smile.

"Welcome to the White Cardinal Tea House, do you have a reservation with us today?"

"Actually I am here by invitation, Madam Yvarro is expecting me."

"Oh of course! Please follow me."

The hostess began her trek through the astounding establishment, the Khedive following close behind. As expected, the tea house was quiet, only the occasional mummer of private conversations could be heard but Redarr paid little attention to what was being said, especially since he spotted his host sitting alone, already enjoying a cup of tea while the sun's light poured through the window next to her. The hostess that he had been following paused and stepped to one side, gesturing for him to make the last bit of the journey on his own. Before he did though, she did ask him one more question.

"May I bring you anything at this time?"

"I'll keep it simple and have what Madam Yvarro is currently enjoying. Thank you for your assistance."

"Of course Sir, I do hope you enjoy your time with us."

Redarr offered a polite nod and made his way toward his table, hands folded behind his back as he stood before Ariel, the same gentle smile continued to show on his face as he offered a bow.

"Good Afternoon, Madam Yvarro. Thank you for extending an invitation, I must say you have quite the eye for tea houses, nothing like this place could be found on my homeworld."

Redarr moved to take his seat across from Ariel, at last resting in his chair he carefully moved one leg to rest atop the other as his hand moved to carefully caress his beard.

"Truthfully I am glad for the escape, the game that is politics can be fulfilling and everso tiring at the same time. Perhaps more of the latter as of late."

He chuckled at that, though the joke really was his way of expressing his frustration with the current state of things back home. While he had been successful in securing support from the Jedi, he knew things would not be solved so easily. Just before he spoke again, the hostess returned it a cup of tea, one she carefully rested on the table before Redarr. Thankful, he smiled at the woman as she walked away, leaving the pair alone once again.

"I am happy for this opportunity to speak with you, frankly speaking, you and I may be of the same mind in regards to how the League's future will be shaped. I am not mistaken am I?"

VVVDHjr.png

IMPERIAL + DIPLOMACY
RIMWARD TRADE LEAGUE

S E S W E N N A

0r4yu4n.png

Ariel directed her attention to that of her guest, Mr. Syko. Once he had been seated he began to address her, grateful for the opportunity to speak alone, relax and enjoy the simple things in life. From what she gathered, he seemed well-mannered and direct, two things she could appreciate in a colleague working with the Rimward Trade League. She politely chuckled and responded, "I appreciate you saying so, quality tea can be so hard to find, I'm sure you can agree." The Dosuunian-raised Galidraani watched as her guest settled into the seat across from her, whilst the sunlight afforded the tiniest specks of dust to glimmer like dewdrops atop the Spring meadows in the early morning.

"I am if anything, quite empathetic to the feelings of political games and how tiring they can be," agreed Ariel who examined Redarr briefly as he caressed his beard. Mr. Syko was older but didn't seem any less sprightly for his age, and his agreement on Kirdo with regard to militarization was all she needed at that moment. It would take work for the two of them to ensure that the Rimward Trade League had the stones to withstand more than a skirmish with slavers. The Sith Order practically lived next door, they would have to do more than simply ask them to keep their distance. "I understand your frustration, truly."

She was sincere in her statement, the former Grand Moff watched as the young waitress gently set down a cup of earl grey for her guest. Ariel then continued to speak, "we are indeed of like minds when it comes to the League's future." Ariel took a small polite sip of her tea and then set it back down on its saucer. "I truly am inspired by their ideals, and as homely as it all seems." Her lips pursed a moment whilst she meditated on the proper words to use. "We must ensure that those ideals are protected and that citizens feel safe and secure with the League. Trusting that their governments have made the right choice in joining the League." And the nonsense that had been the Sanrafsix Campaign did little to build or encourage such trust.

The brunette had hoped she came across sincere as part of her did enjoy the RTL's approach toward governance. However, in her opinion, they needed to become more centralized and provide greater stability for their member worlds. Militarization would only work as effectively as the government's own coordination efforts. There was something to be said for having a strong, central government that oversaw the overall care of the nation while leaving smaller details to its provinces or states.

Redarr Syko

R

0r4yu4n.png

S E S W E N N A || White Cardinal Tea House || Music: A Looming Threat
As his companion spoke, Redarr carefully lifted his cup from the small platter it arrived on and brought it to his lips, careful to test its temperature before finally taking a sip, more than satisfied with the flavor as he returned the cup to the table. While pleasant, it was going to take more than a simple cup of tea to ease his fears, especially in his current company as she seemed to share the very same fears as him.

"Our League is unique in galactic history, individual systems banding together to challenge those who would see to crush the freedoms we enjoy. Yet you have stumbled upon the issue that we have encountered in that maintaining individuality is a rather complex topic, especially in regard to militarization. I believe our colleagues fear the rise of a military dictator or at the very least the dominance of one system over the others."

It was not lost on Redarr that every world within the League had been ravaged by war or tyranny in the past thousand years and even before that. But they must take great care that they do not become the very tyrants they swore to stand against, even for the sake of repelling some external threat such as the Sith, the great enemy that nearly the entire galaxy fears. Should the Warlords of the Empire turn their eye toward League space this moment would be an utter disaster. The fervor of planetary defense forces would not be enough in the face of the brutality and cruelty of the Sith. Millions would die and the possibility that the League would fragment and individual systems would choose to defend themselves over other worlds might spell the end of the experiment that had seemingly been working until this moment.

"A standing military is our future, that I am certain of. The question of what form that military would take is one that I have considered for some time, especially considering the danger we face from the Sith. I have taken great care to secure Jedi support for my homeworld but I know that it is not enough should a full-scale invasion occur."

Again, Redarr took a sip from his cup, this time truly savoring the flavor before continuing along with with his current train of thought.

"I have two options in mind, both come with benefits and drawbacks. Of course, a volunteer military of organic beings would be the simplest option considering the defense forces most major worlds in the League maintain, and yet the equipment and organization of these forces vary heavily. I have no doubt that these soldiers would be brave in the face of the coming darkness, but many might object to defending a world that is not their own."

Redarr looks out the window for a time, admiring the view as he attempts to properly put his next proposal into words that would be acceptable to his host, he knew that the rest of the League would not find this option as palatable, and yet it may just be the only way forward if a standing military is to be formed.

"The thought of a... well, a droid army has also crossed my mind as well as many in my government. I'm sure that I don't need to inform you of the benefits of such a force, especially considering the threat we face. But we must take great care not to repeat the mistakes of the past, especially the Confederacy created by Count Dooku. Many fear the rise of corporate influence already, so this option might only amplify these concerns unless we seek to fully nationalize the producers of these droids. Regardless, I am certain a large army and navy composed of droids, commanded by organic officers, would be a great boon and would take pressure off not only individual systems but the Rangers and Jedi as well."

VVVDHjr.png

IMPERIAL + DIPLOMACY
RIMWARD TRADE LEAGUE

S E S W E N N A

0r4yu4n.png

Ariel quietly listened as Mr. Syko spoke, her posh upbringing evident as she politely sipped her tea. The man across from her spoke about the League's unique place in galactic history with which she could agree. "Indeed," agreed Ariel and then went on to comment, "and while these fears are quite valid, this side of the Outer Rim has certainly seen its share of destructive entities." Fears however should be faced, and they could not be allowed to determine an entire nation's fate. "However, we must confront these fears and work together to create a system that works for all parties and I am quite sure that it can be done."

The man being, Ariel assumed, older than she could certainly recall empires of many kinds having their way with the Outer Rim. The Dosuunian-raised Galidraani nibbled on the biscuits. She thought about how the Rimward Trade League could transform itself and considered the system the Confederacy attempted to maintain in its waning years. The question before her, rather, before herself and Mr. Syko came with regard to full militarization, but such a feat could not be accomplished without a strong government behind it. Lest the nation falls to a dictator, at the hands of a military coup. "The Jedi can only do so much and their numbers are limited, especially here in the Outer Rim, we cannot be made to rely on, nor should we rely on them consistently." Not that she could fault Mr. Syko for wanting to secure them for his homeworld. She was also sure that the Rimward Jedi Coalition's support of his homeworld was not an exclusive one and that their support was for each system within the Rimward Trade League's care.

"The Rimward Trade League is in dire need of a standing national military, yes." This agreement was certainly the reason for their meeting at the White Cardinal that day. "However, without a strong government, then certainly the fears which currently plague member worlds will continue to loom over them. It is in my opinion that one must have a strong, centralized government if we're to continue to court the idea of a standing national military."

She took to her cup of tea once more, and began to sip, just as Mr. Syko continued on.

He provided two options, a binary measure which she wasn't entirely sure was necessary but there were merits in both options. Setting her teacup down onto its saucer. They both knew that what they were discussing was the minority view in the League, but all systems could not continue to pretend that moving forward without some matter of centralization. Ariel took to the biscuits again. She had finished her biscuit and neatly cleaned up, set the napkin back down in her lap, and responded to Mr. Syko's proposal. "I believe this binary approach can be reworked," countered Ariel, "there is a place for organics and droids, but to simply decide that it must be one or the other is some such tosh."

Why choose one flavor, when you could have both? Ariel strongly favored organics because one could stir in them a sense of nationalism, a sense of pride that a droid just did not possess. Did not even the old Republics have loyal, and at times fanatical troops dedicated to their worlds and cause?

"We can certainly have droids where necessary, but they cannot be the main source of a national force. Droids cannot think in the same manner as organics, but as I've said they do have their place." Ariel took in a deep breath and softly, exhaled, "there must be a strong sense of nationalism amongst the people of these worlds. A volunteer organization, supplemented by droids could very well be the answer. " Yet the cost of such would be high on the Rimward Trade League itself and would require member worlds to submit a portion of the cost. "However, no matter the options before us. We still come across the issue of cost. Each world would or rather, should, contribute some amount to a more centralized government that would oversee the recruitment, modernization, training, and education of the military."

It was Ariel's turn to look out the windows momentarily. Her attention was redirected toward Mr. Syko once more, lamented, "and I fear that the systems will cling to their ideals, and become content with what they have. Or argue that they cannot afford the cost, leaving it to the Rimward Trade League to shoulder the cost entirely." The woman then thought, "but perhaps we should gather an audience with other leaders? Surely they see the threat that looms along the Southern border."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom