Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Dyeing in purple, drowning in red Pt 1

After the Chancellor of the Left had made his proclamation on the Holonet, vowing to root out the dissidents and elements that would dare to oppose the state, he had decided to work outside of the army and the navy's jurisdiction with the reforms he had in mind. Yes, he even worked outside of his compatriot's jurisdiction, utilizing the vast power and fortune of the very conglomeration in which he had a majority stake and which was the first and foremost supplier of military technology and weapons to the Union itself. However, to fully complete his take-over, the Chancellor needed to do something which he had considered to be a danger to his own designs, but in the end he had to begrudgingly agree that having Tranquility Tranquility on his side would be a necessity. She had the access to the majority of the internal systems on Schesa and combined with Kronos' superior enslavement technology, there was no doubt that they would be capable of preparing the reforms and the planned changes without too much opposition.

Many a merchant, former politician and military men had grown fat and decadent, disloyal and corrupt when the Union had not been watching, they had gathered their wealth and had begun to scheme, plot and corrode the lower layers of the Union's society. Credius knew that he had proclaimed once that he did not mind criminal elements in the Union. However, the caviat to this decree, was that he only wished to allow the criminal elements to exist and thrive under his own control and with his blessing, not the treasonous elements which were now festering within the union.

Rebels, traitors, scum in general, thinking they could sway the populace with false promises, idle hopes and delusional dreams, while the Zweihander Union had so long did its best to create a sense of pride and realism within its people, these foul elements thought they could undermine the year-long efforts of the Chancellor, of the Union?

"Harmon, send a missive to the Secretary of the Interior, to admiral Charles Castex Charles Castex and director Ben Craig Ben Craig ," Hearing the voice on the other side ask what this was about and what he had to say, the Chancellor bit his lips for a moment, knowing very well how dilligent most of his staff were. Leaning back in his chair located in his personal office in the tower of the Left, the man let out a sigh. "Have them convene at the N&Z alpha site outside the capîtal, tell them that it is an order, not a request."

With the voice on the other end of the channel complying, the Chancellor signed off and stood up from his chair, calmly walking over to the exit of the Office he had been dwelling in for the past few hours. "The time for change is at a hand, the Left hand."

The latest proclamation from the Chancellor of the Left didn't surprise the director at all. It was a call for justice. Every so often, the Union had to remind it's citizens that their taxes were being put to good use. Ben assured himself that the recent statement was just another ploy to remind the citizens of the "cause". As far as Ben knew, there weren't any immediate threats within or outside the Union. Perhaps there was some underlying meaning to the cautious and bold words of the Chancellor.

"Director, you've been ordered to meet the chancellor." He turned to the officer, "Bloody hell." was all he muttered. He flew from the Intelligence and Security Center to the Alpha N&Z site. "Ah Director, the chancellor is expecting you." An aide greeted Ben on the landing pad and led him to the chancellor.

WMHXfeE.png

latest

U N I O N

Tags: Ben Craig Ben Craig , Credius Credius , Tranquility Tranquility

Dress: His Long black uniform, with a matching robe going around it and white and red flowers decorating it.

Gear: -Holocron on a chain

-Two Lightsabers hidden in his belt

-Personal Surgical Tools

-His Razor Fingernails are firmly in place

-Implants Turned on and running

Charles had to admit that ever since his Master had sent out the ‘proclamation’ on the Holonet. That he himself felt a growing sense of unease. Not the kind caused by fear, oh no it was nothing like that. If the Chancellor was planning something then the Admiral doubted he would be the target of it. It was too public. If Credius wanted him gone then it would have been a simple matter of doing so quietly and handling things in the shadows just between the two of them and their ‘respective power structures’.

No Charles unease came from a different source, it was the feeling that they were on the precipice of something. That this ‘proclamation’ was his Master signaling a change in the status quo, if only through the most subtle of manners… a benign piece of propaganda… at least for those who didn’t have all the information to fill in the lines. If he was correct in his assumption then this attempt to change the status quo would be the type that once it was started… there would be no turning back. Sighing softly as he read the proclamation for the last time the big guy placed to down gently on his desk.

Yes it was true he might have just been over thinking things, or even being a little paranoid, but what if he wasn’t? Then that meant failure to take proper step to ‘insure’ those things that were valuable to him would result in disaster. Charles didn’t plan to do anything that was too overt at the moment, just subtle movements in the shadows, to be prepared for the overt endgame that would come later when it came to securing his assets. Not that he had any time to get started when an officer knocked on the door, ”Excuse me sir… the Chancellor has ordered that you come and speak with him at the N&Z Alpha site…” The Admiral said nothing at first, only moving to hold his chin in his hands, and staring across the room with those dark eyes at the other man. Despite how he felt on the inside, Charles managed to remain completely calm on the outside. The fact that his normal fatherly voice when speaking to one of his men was evidence of this,

”Very well Lieutenant. Have my shuttle prepared and ten of the Zombie’s prepared as guards… tell the Major to pick her best… no wait… second best. I have a more important use for the Alpha Squad.” With a salute the officer left the room, as the male slowly stood up, all the while cracking his fingers, clicking his tongue, or cracking other bones in his body to create the tone to activate it. Then he continued to activate the code to send a message to Tranquility that a potential Code Exorcist needed to be on stand-by. This meant the Zombies were already moving close to Mir’s current position, using stealth tactics, and even simple means of hiding in plain sight until a porous perimeter around the building was secure. The goal being less to lock the place down, but sampling putting themselves in position to do so in mere moments, ”Tranquility… I am bringing along one of the droids so if you want to join in this meeting then by all means please do so. Unless you feel your presence is better needed else-where.”

He wasted no more time in bordering his shuttle at that point, and quietly waited for the ride to the Alpha N&Z site to be over with. Reaching out gingerly with the Force he tried to see if he gauge what he was getting into when it came to his Masters…disposition at the moment. Coming back home to Mir was his top priority next to his service to the Union, and the more information that allowed him to do this the better. It was not like they were not at a point where the shuttle couldn’t be turned around. It didn’t feel like though this was trap, at least on the surface. So whenever the shuttle sat down on the landing pad, Charles despite his hesitation, would come down the ramp and follow the aid. What he did find ironic was the presence of Ben there as well, but no one else at least for the moment, and so it was why he asked in that cold monotone voice, ”So it seemed I was not the only one summoned here by the Chancellor?”

Charles made sure to do nothing to let on his personal ignorance on exactly what the reason they were here. Oh he had his theories, but that was all they were… just theories. So it was better to play ones cards close to the chest on what you did not know, and give the impression you knew more and were simply hiding it.
BlpVHqS.png

Artificial Intelligence

Tranquility activated the drone upon receiving the request from her presence and then switched once she got the message from Charles. Might as well save time and go with the man already on his way. It would be different to arrive at a meeting from somewhere else instead of just switching to a holo projector or droid already at the destination. She had been keeping tabs on the crime in the union. It was part of her job after all but it had been tolerated. Of course if anyone attempted to work against the union in a way that she felt crossed the line, she would do her best to lose said person at a black site. They were a wonderful idea developed long before she began intelligence work. It was a great way to hold someone as the site didn't exist and the people there didn't either. She also took great lengths to keep them machine ran so no loose lips would give up anything about them. Only when the chancellors were involved did someone organic other than her prisoners take part in her war against the enemies of the union. This recent Missive just gave her permission to act on her data.

Tranquility looked at Charles and pondered what this meeting was about. "Charles I was inspired by the new Proclamation and acted on some data of mine. I regret to inform you that a couple of your men are in your brig. The charges against them are in your messages. I assumed that you would personally wish to deal with them. I can if you wish it however. " She mused the news and then decided to speak more. "I hope you don't mind that I secured them I just didn't want them to possibly escape or do worse. I do hope that whatever you do, you ensure you don't tarnish the public image of the Union. Public perception is important. What happens in closed doors however is another matter. "

She was always paranoid about public perception. Organics were irrational and the archives were full of instances where people toppled all sorts of organizations no matter how big or powerful they were. You needed them on your side believing in you. It was why she worked so hard to keep the ugly buried. It appeared they arrived and she followed despite knowing the destination already.

QEvDRPY.png

Charles Castex Charles Castex

"They are coming along quite nicely, sir," The metallic, monotone voice of KRONOS ressonated through the room, the attention of the floating golden orb obviously pointed towardsthe armed and armored man calmly leaning upon a long metal rail at the other end of the room located within the N&Z Alpha Site's engineering department. With the lights dimmed and only the man's own red eyes brightly shining within the shadowy environment, the atmosphere was palpably grim.

The masked man made amotion with one of his hands towards the floating orb, which quickly responded through a series of bleeps and clicks, before revealing holographic images and pictures of dozens if not tens of dozens of people in repetition.
"The scum of our nation...decadent, degrading, despicable to the core. Corrupt beyond redemption, ignorant without salvation, foolish in their acts and ideals." A chuckle escaped the man's veiled lips, his eyes shifting towards one of the control panels in the room upon which a screen lit up, with a familiar hollow voice ringing through, telling the man that those he had called for were on their way. "Upon the dawn of an era, the chosen few will ride out the storm, safe within a vessel of their making, while the unlucky ones drown in a sea of blood and violence."

The doors of the room opened, letting in some light from the corridor outside, before the lights of the room themselves suddenly brightened the interior. A tall muscular being, only known as Mr Pollux or MT-01 to the initiated entered the room and walked over to the Chancellor, making a slight nod with its head adorned with a leather fedora. "As per your command, security has been informed...no issues." The massive, hulking tower of muscle nodded again when the masked man motioned with his hand in response to the report, walking over to a corner in the room, waiting for the guests to arrive.

Ben Craig Ben Craig was greeted by an attaché of the company's own security force upon his arrival, with the leading member almost dismissing the other members of the team which had come to pick up the Director of the research and development division of the military, not to mention the number two of the company itself. However, just as she was thinking of this action of leniency, the arrival of Admiral Charles Castex Charles Castex along a squad of his own men was meet with some doubt, prompting the attaché to tilt her head a bit upon the arrival of more men than had been accounted for. "Bringing military personel onto N&Z grounds without permission from Company staff is strictly prohibited Admiral Castex, I will have to report this to Chairman Nargath, unless if Director Craig wishes to make a personal exception, I can't let you go inside without first dismissing your soldiers or at the very least disarming them."

Ben watched as he and the aide were stopped by N&Z Security. Another shuttle landed alongside Ben's. Out stepped Admiral Castex and his squad of troopers. Ben frowned at the inconvenience of being delayed. Surely the chancellor would be disappointed. He almost smirked when the lead trooper mentioned Charles's guards. Protocols were protocols afterall.

Becoming more impatient Ben spoke up, "
Leave his guards by the door. Security won't be an issue. This is a highly classified meeting after all." He knew Charles wouldn't reject, he couldn't. It was a direct order. "The chancellor is waiting. Let us not delay any further less you wish to be on the bad side of the chancellor." With that said they continued on.

WMHXfeE.png

latest

U N I O N

Dress: His Long black uniform, with a matching robe going around it and white and red flowers decorating it.

-Personal Surgical Tools

”The timing of this is rather unusual Tranquility if I am being honest. What better way to weaken me than with a careful selection of trumped up charges against my men?” Sighing the Admiral shook his head as he knew that his words sounded a bit more paranoid than usual, and this was Tranquility after all… the AI was not one to make mistakes on such matters. Given Kom’s recent promotion they had been in the middle of a rapid expansion of the Zombie’s ranks so it was not inconceivable that a few people who bore the Union ill will had managed to slip through the cracks… still, ”I think it would be best if me and the Lieutenant Colonel handle this ourselves. Given that I only pick the best of the best to make up the Zombies, and doubly so if they have already served in the Tomb Fleet… this doesn’t bode well. I find it more likely someone convinced, coerced, or even bribed them to do what they did, but whatever the truth the proper use of the Force will reveal all.”

Charles had to admit that while a simple greeting upon their arrival was not unexpected, the request by the attaché leading the company security was. No… unexpected was hardly the right term… more like… amusing. A fact made more apparent by the way the large male gazed down at the other, crossing his arms and looming over her as he posed a question in a cold emotionless voice that had a slight rumble to it that gave away what he thought of the request, ”I do hate to disappoint you, but even disarmed my men are never truly… unarmed. It takes but a single moment for someone to go from being without a weapon to stealing yours…” With a quick snatch of his hand Charles playfully pulled the rifle right from the hands of the member of the Zombie standing next to him, before handing it back, ”Case and point, but don’t fret yourself today… I never intended them to do anything more than… oh what is the word? Ben would you say that ‘keeping a line of retreat open’ would be a proper term? Still it is something to think about before you invite in a bunch of 'unarmed soldiers'.”

The Admiral laughed playfully as he gave a signal to his men to head back and form up around his shuttle and its general area. Charles was well known for his overly cautious nature, which boarded on paranoia. He would follow along besides Ben as he explained in his reasoning in more detail, that was one thing that you could count on when it came to the man it was that he had a method to his madness, ”The security of the N&Z which is at the end of the day is a corporation that serves at the Union’s pleasure as all good tools of the state… is not my issue. Ben I do hope that given your position you would know how to read between the lines of the Chancellors Proclamation? Tranquility saw it as reason enough to do a little house cleaning among my own men, and now I have to deal with the fact I might have to personally put some of my Zombies in front of firing squads…”

Sighing softly Charles took the time to slip the mask from his visage, it was not something he did around many people, but it revealed an obvious note of exhaustion to the male’s features. Rubbing his temples he continued, ”To make a long story short I see this trip as ending in two ways, the first being that for whatever reason we have been given the ‘honor’ of being the first of the chopping block… and well you can guess why we are both easier to kill away from our respective power base. The other being… well I find the prospect of playing ‘house cleaner’ to be rather delectable. Oh my I do feel like I have said a bit too much, but either way… knowing the Chancellor I am sure the result will be same.”

BlpVHqS.png

Artificial Intelligence

Tranquility looked to Charles, the man sure was his own worst enemy sometimes. she put her hand on Charles shoulder, to try to calm him. "Charles, you are being paranoid, I wouldn't trump up charges on your men. I have forwarded you the evidence from cameras and logs. Also this is just a meeting, I imagine it is to start an plan against criminals. If it was anything worse I would know about it. If the offenses of your men are not worth locking them up over, please send me the appropriate notes and I will change my criteria on what is a crime aboard your ship as long as it doesn't go against the Union's protocol. "

On arrival and after the outburst from the others on the landing platform, Tranquility first looked over the guard. She dismissed her annoyance and looked at him. The complete lack of acknowledgment was interesting. "Officer, These men are here per protocol to secure the shuttle and landing area as access to military craft is to be secured at all times. I also will note that if you check your logs, the appropriate paperwork was submitted on our journey here for their presence. I will note that with the suddenness of this meeting that perhaps you haven't had the time to process it as I note it hasn't been approved or rejected. Being organic is difficult, I understand, you can't just think about it and check the logs but I assure you if you go to your terminal or check your data pad the paperwork is there. Also since security seems to be so important and we are to be unarmed for this meeting, my body is a military grade weapon and if it is a problem I can attend in a holoprojection.

QEvDRPY.png

Charles Castex Charles Castex |@Ben Craig |@Credius

Last edited:
Within the room in which the Chancellor resided, the control panel let out a bleeping noise, before suddenly a holographic image or rather a holographic blur appeared. From within the blur, two eyes seemed to look with quite some amusement at MT-01 before letting out a strangely regular sound of one's scraping their throat, a sound which would normally never seem strange, but in this case it was both odd and out of place when one knew the identity of the one who actually made said aforementioned sound.

"It semes yoru gusets haev arirvde," The eyes on the screen turned slowly towards the man standing at the other end of the room, calmly observing how the masked man seemed to be thinking about something, hardly recognising the presence of the holographic screen. "I'm hpapy to reoprt thta we've neraly fiinsehd the enahnecmnet drgu you've reuqetsed, Miolrd."

Again the voice on the screen remained silent, seemingly awaiting for an answer, but when it became ovious no answer would be given, the person on screen let out a bonechilling chuckle. "Well, if taht is all."

C0Enjau.jpg

"Ghaster, it is best to keep open all options rather than to flaunt our personal trump cards in the open, would you not agree?" The masked man looked at the screen, a terrible cold envelopping the room in which he stood, crimson eyes looking down upon the screen with no emotion, no hesitation, no remorse. "Keep your veiled insinuations and manipulations to yourself and keep that brilliant mind of yours occupied with your...other duties, there is no need for you to mingle with things beyond your comprehension and out of your area of expertise."

With a mere motion of his hand, the Chancellor dismissed the screen carrying the image of the man who was said to be the most brilliant, most insane among all the scientists within the employ of the Nargath and Zanareth Umbrella Corporation, yet though veritably insane, that very scientist's madness was the key for so much of the company's success in somewhat more...scrupulous ventures. Letting out a sigh after this, the screen yet again started to buzz when one of the members of the N&Z security phoned through that indeed the guests had arrived, yet that there seemed to have been some kind of hiccup at the entrance of the landingpads in regards to Admiral Charles Castex Charles Castex and his supposed guards.

"Hmm, this might be interesting, KRONOS put me through to the captain of the guard squad outside," Linking up to the Chancellor's armor, the AI connected to the security officer's own armor outside, rigging its communication's system, allowing Credius to speak directly and without interference to the officer.

"my dear captain...I want you to do something for me, a test if you will..."

The officer in charge of the security team nodded calmly while looking at the members which had arrived, looking at her datapad while listening to what the android was saying, it seemed that this android according to the datapad was the current secretary of intelligence, which would explain why she was less known to the N&Z security team, which operated completely seperate from Zweihander Union affairs and mainly dealt with operations solely conducted by the company itself. "Hmm, yes...your identity has been verified," Looking at her men, the woman raised her free arm and motioned forwards with her hand, prompting the security members to point their weapons at the Admiral and at Tranquility Tranquility "Madame Secretary, Lord Admiral, as you are aware this is a restricted facility and though you are among the few that are allowed to come and go as you please, you are attempting to violate a direct order from the company's chairman. Lord Director, we ask you reaffirm that our actions are within protocol."

"Why this test, milord?" KRONOS seemed just as confused as probably the captain, wondering what was going through the chancellor's head at this time. "It's simple, I want to see how they react, how they act. Wille the director stand by them or will he abandon them? Wille the admiral lose himself in his volatile disposition of anger and paranoia or will he be compliant? Will the secretary comply or try to deregulate the situation? It's all a simple matter of showing them that when a nation is in crisis, when a faction is cracking, there are only two options: to comply or to defy."

Minutes passed as they discussed protocols. Ben was furious, how dare they delay the important meeting over something as trivial as a matter security and damn protocols. He looked to the captain of the N&Z security detail when he was mentioned, "Yes your actions are justified." He replied in a exasperated voice.

Ben was a by the books type officer, following all the strict protocols, however there was no time. "Admiral, for the sake of time, please leave your troopers here. I can assure you we are safe." It was an order not a request. Ben had his own troopers, the Vernichten, waiting at his shuttle. Due to his clearance designation within the N&Z Corporate bureaucracy, and the Vernichten's history with the N&Z Security team, he was technically allowed to bring his guards in. However this was the highest classified order of meeting. Plus there was no need to bring troops along.

While Ben wouldn't personally order the court martial should admiral Castex disobey the orders of Ben and the Captain, the N&Z Security Force did have authorization to fire upon any who disobeyed an order. They were in N&Z jurisdiction now.

WMHXfeE.png

Artificial Intelligence

Tranquility was lost as organics were so unlogical. Why were guns pointed at her. She had tried to cover for Charles but apparently paperwork didn't solve this problem. She also knew that Charles would handle this poorly. This was what organics called a measuring contest or something. She had agreed that the men would stay here and even filed the paperwork. She asked them if she needed to use her body or a holo projection but they ignored her again. She would escalate this. Suddenly a Holo projection would appear in the meeting room. "Chancellor, I am here, I attempted to arrive via body as I have noted that this puts organics at ease but was prevented by your men, they seem to be broken. I attempted to comply with their demands yet they seem to be pointing their weapons at my droid frame and refused to let me in or answer if I should attend your meeting with my droid frame or via holo projection since my droid frame is considered a weapon. I decided to skip the whole droid frame formality but I am lost at what they want now. They claim I was violating your orders, when I was trying to comply with them. Can you perhaps guide me to what was the proper course of action. Is there something I am not following protocol on? I was requested to attend your meeting and am here was I not suppose to come via droid? If so please just include such instructions in the meeting invite next time. This seems to be an exercise on futility Unless you mean to exacerbate our friend the Admiral's paranoia. "

Meanwhile her Droid body looked to Charles, it was in his hands now, he had to give the official order she supposed on the men. She didn't understand why he was trying to bring them in, this was an important and clandestine meeting. She thought they were here to guard the shuttle. It appeared that was not the case. She prepared to take out the guards, should one decide to make this a lethal confrontation.

QEvDRPY.png

Charles Castex Charles Castex |@Ben Craig |@Credius

latest

U N I O N

-Personal Surgical Tools

A soft playful chuckle slipped from the Admiral’s lips as he shook his head in amusement at the A.I.’s words. She had clearly misunderstood the target of his statement, as he would never accuse her of such a thing. Charles considered Tranquility to be his closest friend and confidante, and while normally he harbored a note of suspicion against everyone... if only as a measure of security… with her it was simply not the case. His gaze softened to one that could only be called affection as he looked at the android, ”Tranquility my dear I never said that you would, and if that is what you inferred by my statement then I apologize. I was simply speaking of the possibility that others might do so, or be involved in framing my men for the crimes you say they have committed. I will use the Force to probe their minds to know if they were truly involved one way or another and at the same time affirm to the men of the Tomb Fleet who the final arbiter of ‘justice’ is in their lives. If you are worried about Union protocols then let me put your mind at ease by saying they will be followed to the letter. You of all people should know how important the ‘state’ as a structure is to me… given whom it helps take care of.”

What he found at the N&Z Research Facility was anything, but amusing… it made Charles truly wonder about the caliber of people that were hired to guard the important work going on within these walls. Not only had they wasted his time, but that of Ben, and Tranquility as well… even going so far as to ignore the paperwork that the A.I. had taken the time to fill out for them. If the Admiral was the type to feel ‘insulted’ then he might have been, but in this case it was more than just himself… it was his allies as well. A playful chuckle slipped from his lips as he looked down at the guard captain, tongue running over his exposed gums and teeth as he lifted up his right hand slowly. Then with a gentle wave backwards, the soldiers who were part of the Zombie’s began to back down. True the men hadn’t raise their own guns, but their hands had been at the position to draw them should the security start shooting, ”Now now there is no need for all this posturing boys, I am perfectly safe as the good Director has stated. Just follow my orders and form up around the ship… I need to have a word with the Captain here.”

It wasn’t until his men had pulled back till Charles turned his attention back to the Captain, a chill settling in the air as he looked at the officer in much the same way he might have any recruit that… well… crossed the line. The only difference was this person was no member of the Tomb Fleet, and would not receive the same tender fatherly mercy that those men did. His voice was calm, but stern, even, but showed a heavy sense of disappointment in what he saw before him, ”Captain I do not know what kind of standards they have trained you too, but from what I am seeing it must be sub-par at best. I clearly gave my men the order to return to my shuttle and take up positions around it, as did Director Tranquility reinforce that those were the orders given by repeating that my men were to remain here to guard the shuttle.” Pausing he looked over at Ben and apologized, ”Do excuse me Director this will only take a moment, but if you want to take over by all means… you do have some ‘stock’ in this company correct?” Charles hoped the man would catch his meaning before he continued,

”Now if my orders had not been clear the first time, then that would have been my fault as the commander. The problem we are dealing with here is that those orders were given twice and so it is the fault of the subordinate for failing to follow, or in this case heed them. No instead you chose to point guns at two superior officers simply because…? No I don’t think that any excuse could be given for such gross incompetence by someone in charge of security at an important facility. If your hearing is that impaired solider then you should have reported it to medical… and by all means I am not just an Admiral, but an accomplished surgeon and would be happy to fix it myself.” He dropped his calm cool nature of simply dressing down the other, into a slightly ominous tone at the end. Turning his gaze over to Ben curiously Charles ran his hand through his hair, ”Now then Ben I think I am finished here, but I suggest that you seriously consider an investigation into this place's security with this kind of leadership among its guards. Now should we depart… I believe the Chancellor is waiting.”

BlpVHqS.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom