Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duskfall

Jessica Rye

J
Open to Praxeum Jedi

Eira Pechal
The Hidden Temple

Two Jedi stood atop the snowy steps of a dusk fallen temple. A glowing statue still lingering just inside the far antechamber. Beckoning them both to approach it's icy cold threshold in their own good time and honest measure. The two travelers smiled at the end of one long journey. And the fast beginnings of another. Their levity and soft swollen hope, now swirling about in the snow.

"Ya know." turned the tall strong human male to the other, "I usually like to begin these types of stories at the very ending."

"Oh?" clasped his tall womanly companion, "How so?"

"Well. I'm a sucker for happy endings I suppose. So I like to always begin my adventures with just something just as illustrious. Just as grand. Heh. Well. Yes. ...And given the circumstances I suppose this will just have to do."

He turned and slowly picked up a rock from the chilly landscape. Bidding his female companion to do likewise. Turning together, they entered the soft temple antechamber, stones in hand, and then laid them down together. One for him and one for her. Coupled up warmly amongst the others. Perfect. Their pilgrimage was now complete. Another happy journey's ending.

Right at the very beginning.

Jessica Rye smiled in quiet silence at the small stone pile of the dusk fallen temple. Turning slowly to admire the handsome face of her male compatriot and fellow Jedi adventurer. He was tall, dark, and clad in the black robes of a royal Tetan Warmaster. He seemed happy too. Content to be adventuring among these icy cold stones. Smiling and cheerful too. Towards having finished their pilgrimage together.

Jay Shaun smirked to himself and turned to view Jess rather quickly. She was nodding at him in perfect reverence of their alien local. She was tall, thin, and clothed simply in a sharpy black bodyglove. With a lush, white fur cloak wrapped all about her ample body for warmth. She was beautiful, like all Jedi women are beautiful, and he was all too happy to have been the lucky fellow who got to see her off. Off on a journey of new beginnings. Off to Eira Pechal.

"Come on." He smiled. "Time to head back. After all. You've a new planet to greet and a new people to be welcomed by." He quickly checked his phone, "...Ah? Well, would ya look at that. And it's almost lunch time too. Heh. Just kidding."

She laughed quietly and punched him right in the arm. Kapow! Ha. A little love for the boys. Hehe. And so. Laughing together, they exited the temple. Not even so much as turning around to see the quiet glowing Jedi statue behind them. Who knows? Maybe it was smiling too.

___

Jess carried her lush fur coat in her arms as they descended into the green Spring Canyon of the Jedi Praxeum. Turning slowly to wave goodbye to the familiar man she had left on top on of the snow-covered crags. High, high above. The tall Jedi male quickly returned her wave and gestured once more and again, goodbye and goodbye. Then he slowly retreated from the mountain's lofty edge and disappeared from view. The sounds of his ancient X-Wing's roaring engines turning over echoed in the tall and snowy distance. Then there was nothing. Not even so much as a whisper in the Force. Now, he was gone and she was alone. Right back to where they'd started.

"Well..."

Jessica brushed the long white fur coat in her arms, "Mmm. I suppose I'll just have to see myself back to camp now. Hmph."

She smiled in tart reply and quickly trotted down the uneven brick road. The long road home. Where a warm and comfy Jedi Praxeum base was already rising up among the tall autumn trees. Just a hair's breath away.

Ka'thomp!

Jess pushed open the wide wooden doorway of the Great Hall of the Jedi Praxeum. The smells of burning wood and tempered incense graced her chilly senses. She pushed past the hanging leaflets and ducked around the wired green garden baskets. Nearly tripping over the ample wide rugs and wooden benches of the entryway. Enjoying ever moment of it. Kicking the wet snow from her boots and rubbing her hands together in gleeful expectation.

"Oh C-3? You who? I'm home!"

~ "Oh dear! Oh dear! Miss Jessica! Hello hello." ~ A silver protocol droid jumped to attention. Quickly swinging around the corner, ~ "Welcome back Miss! Oh yes indeed. How good to see return safely." ~

"Aww. Thanks C-3. You're such a gentleman. S'mahh!"

~ "Oh!?" ~ The silver droid blushed with electric anxiety as his Jedi companion kissed him suddenly. Pop! Right on the cheek. ~ "Oh. Oh. Good heavens and fizzle my circuits. What a strange girl. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear." ~

Jessica simply smiled and leapt at his protest. Pushing past the gleaming metal servant and skipping her way deeper inside. Then suddenly, before the droid could turn away, she threw up her fine white fur coat. Sending it high high into the air. Letting it spiral softly, swoop endlessly, and land straightedly... Kerplunk! ...straight upon C-3's shining and frustrated head.

~ "...Oh Jedi. What a bothersome girl." ~

Welcome back Jessica Rye!

Spending most of his life on ships or in cities, Ember had gotten mainly used to the perfectly filtered air from ventilation systems. As such he was still adapting to the natural atmosphere of the Praxeum which aimed to be as least as disruptive to the Eira Pechal nature as possible. [member="Harper Kade"] had really insisted on that and naturally [member="Alden Belmont"] had supported her. The Jedi Knight realized he would end up losing any argument with the two so he had let the two spearhead its design. Deliberately or not, something about the Praxeum reminded him of Dellalt - Harper and Alden's homeworld. Without a homeworld to belong to, Ember never suffered from the eternal nostalgia for home. He wasn't sure if that made him a winner or a loser, actually.

The large timber doors swung open just as he shuffled through the corridor headed to the common quarters for a cup of tea. A droid approached the woman entering the Praxeum and Ember halted to scan her from top to bottom. A Jedi, of course, but not one Ember remembered. He squinted trying to force his memory but nothing came up. The Jedi Knight really wasn't known for a good memory. Quite the contrary.

With a composed step he approached her:

"Miss Jessica?" It came out as both a question and a statement. "I am not sure we've met before. I think." He nearly scratched his head before nodding at her warmly. "Welcome, I am Ember Farseer." No titles, no monikers. He had never been a fan of them. Ever. "Interested in a cup of tea?"

Perhaps he had to put more effort in knowing the Jedi who called the Praxeum home. Someone (he didn't remember who cause his memory is awful) recently told him he should. Might as well.

[member="Jessica Rye"]

Jessica Rye

J
"Oh!"

Jess quickly shuffled back to attention. It was Ember. Coming to say hello. She knew his name as one of the original Jedi members who helped settle the planet and build the Praxeum. A founding member, I suppose. Though specifics about such people and events failed her.

"Oh hello there!"

She beamed a smile. Shortly straightening up and gave a delicate bow of her head. As if suddenly remembering a woman had formalities to attend to. "It's wonderful to meet you Ember Farseer. I am Jessica Rye. A recent arrival from Fondor. Jedi Knight and yes. Ahem. Miss Jessica, is just for the droids. Hehe. Sorry about that."

She touched her pockets as if looking for a lost item. Then quickly remembered she wasn't much dressed for the occasion and probably looked a touch sweaty too. Poo.

"Um. Would you... Actually just excuse me for a moment? Just, one second!.. I'll be right back."

Jess hopped back over to C-3 and scooped up her fur coat. Wrapping it around her gloved shoulders and feeling a touch more modest too. C-3 balked at his sudden freedom but said nothing. So Jessica shoo'ed the droid away and returned to Ember's side with a skip and a jump.

"Ah. Pardon that moment. Hehe. I just got done with a rather long hike and was feeling rather ruddy in my own skin." She blushed mildly with guilt and tugged at her messy ponytail. Eager to change the subject. "...And yes, please. Tea sounds lovely. Lead on. I'll follow you."

She was grateful for the chance to walk and talk.

[member="Ember Farseer"]

Stoic as always, Ember simply gave her a soft smile in return as she shuffled to get her fur coat and back to him. There was something in her clothing and generally attitude that reminded him of Felicity, another Jedi Knight of the Praxeum. A scholar with a strong taste for the finer things in life. It always seemed paradoxical to Ember who was taught to disengage from the materialistic world. Perhaps this was why the Praxeum was so...colorful. He wouldn't have liked it back when he was a teenager.

"No need to worry, I understand." He noticed the blush but made made no comment.

His heels turned around and the two headed towards where the main hall of the temple was located. The smell of burning wood and incense grew stronger as they headed towards its source. Upon entering the main hall the two would find a tall roof with synthetic lightning that imitated natural light as best as possible. Stoked flames calmly danced to a rhythm of their own while the smoke completely escaped through the long chimneys leading to the roof. It was slightly warmer here than in the hallways and Ember hooked his robe on a nearby wooden hanger remaining only with a shirt and trousers more fitting a spacer than a Jedi.

"You will find most of the Praxeum empty these next few weeks as most have gone off on assignments." Ember mentioned as he approached the 'tea-maker' (yes, this is the future). As a matter of fact he didn't remember a time when it was this empty. "Or that's what I think. I don't really keep tabs on anyone."

"You said Fondor, right? Ex-NJO Jedi, by any chance?" He asked her while pushing a button labelled as black tea before gesturing at her to pick her own choice of tea.

[member="Jessica Rye"]

Jessica Rye

J
Jess pointed to the green tea option and moved to find a seat nearby, The natural setting was welcome too. She enjoyed the change of pace from marble and cold stone anyway.

"Ex? Oh. Yes I suppose you could call me that. Though, I've never visited with the Sullust Councilors or stayed in much contact with the temples since. I enjoy the distance really. Mmhm."

She shrugged and grabbed a wooden chair nearby. Slipping off her fuzzy coat and draping it around the back. It was too warm now for appearance's sake anyway. She'd just have to let her hair look frizzled for the moment.

"Do you? Do you travel much around the old Alliance worlds Ember? Me, I'm a city girl at heart. Probably take a little while to get adjusted to things out here. Ya know."

[member="Ember Farseer"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom