Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drown your sorrows

[member="Krest"]

She got so far, been promoted and awarded several times, a ace pilot at that! Yet that was all in the past a blurry memory she could barely see through the booze and alcohol. Even then what she did was a blurry and when she wasnt drinking herself into a black out the adrenaline kept her mind from thinking at all. All the while memories would flash into her mind being a smile that would soon fade as she knocked back another and another

Today wasnt different from any other day, however difference tplanet as opposed to yesterday. She found herself on nar shadda have only barely arrived on fumes alone before she took what credits she had and went into a seedy place and started drinking, it was a hour in and one thought came to her mind as she sipped a whiskey and looked to the bottle

This was her final place....her ship couldnt take off....she would have no credits after drinking away everything here, downing the rest of the bottle she asked for another round throwing some credits down before grabbing the bottle and kept on drinking numbing herself as she laid against the table and let a few good memories float up into the front of her mind as she smiled and closed her eyes to let the numbness take over

Krest had been to Nar Shadda numerous times. It had become safe haven away from the stress of royalty or the coming war of Commenor. When he simply wanted to drink and just forget about things for a while there was no better cesspool then the bar he strode into. It was crappy, barely clean, filled with the shadiest folk imaginable, and generally a good time if that sort of thing didn't bother you.

He went right to the bar, plopped down into a stool, and ordered himself his usual. Whiskey straight. There was something about the burn as it went down that the large Zabrak enjoyed. Once the glass was set down the off duty King began to casually sip at it and take a gander around the bar. What he finally noticed was the small human more or less passed out beside him, seeming to drink her life away. He blinked rather slowly before gently setting a hand on [member="Sara Lee Jones"] 's shoulder.

"You uh, alive?"

[member="Krest"]

She was slipping away, slowly and slowly as she smiled knowing she would soon just drift off away to where she didnt know maybe to better places? Maybe just never wake up and sleep forever...however movement beside her disturbed her. Eyes opened but barely as she glanced beside her seeing it was just another patron as she closed her eyes again feeling that darkness take hold

However a hand placed upon her caused her to shoot up out of instinct as she glanced around and looked to the person beside her....or was it two? No couldn't be right her mind told her it was the same person...maybe? She couldn't trust her own mind right now, blinking a few times a sort of a frown formed as she tried forming words then stopped before speaking

eh? Alive? I guess...terrible thing it is...being alive but ahh who cares right? Loss of one life wont matter when that one has nothing yeah?

Worst slurred a bit, her appearance wasnt much better clothing was a bit worn a old patch still worn tattered yet barely readable looked like a squadron maybe, her hair was a mess as she tried smoothing it down now bother as she took another drink

"A life that's still breathing is a life still worth living." Krest mused, peering [member="Sara Lee Jones"] over cautiously. She'd clearly been drinking too long. He frowned, idly looking around the bar. Not the best place to get black out drunk if you wanted to wake up in one piece in the next morning. "Soldier I take it? Pilot. First order?" The Zabrak knew all sorts of information about the First Order. Helped he kidnapped and converted a Ren to the Sith back when he was still a Dark Lord. "What's a trooper like you doin in a place like this?"

[member="Krest"]

Well there went her plans, she grumbled a bit at his words not wanting to offer any more as she tried to get the last drop.of her whiskey out but couldn't...digging around she had no credits left and looked towards the man

Hmph...that old thing on me? Its nothing never has been for...8...yes right years merely a reminder that I fethed up a entire career everything

First order...she spent most of her life training for the day she could be a pilot then spent most of her younger years as one of their best pilots nearly a commando at that! Lookimg back to her empty bottles and rubbed a eye

I'm those cliche washed up soldiers who had it all and then did something stupid...my family has disowned me...I'm sure if I returned I'd be killed on sight ....I've now got nothing but a fighter that cant fly and a life that means no purpose but death

"So you were a pilot." Krest mused, sipping at his glance again. He glanced to her out of the corner of his eye as she eyed her empty bottle, frowning. The Zabrak probably shouldn't buy her a drink given her current state. "Y'know, I could use a pilot. I'm a pretty shit flyer. Can't say I really understand how it works. I do have a ship, a place to sleep. Money." He wasn't going to pry into her past given how drunk she was. Wouldn't exactly be fair of him to do so, but he had no issue offering her a job anyway.

"What do ya think. Would be better then waiting to die in a shit hole like this."

[member="Krest"]

yeah...I was one...good one too a ace! But ah...yeah

She idly wobbled a bottle back and forth, it kept her busy and mind active focused on the right now talking to this man, who she now noticed after looking at him towered over the smaller woman by several feet...guess giants did exists then again her world of aliens just kept getting bigger over the years

hmm? Uhhhh...place to sleep and money sounds nice um...is this a one time job or is it a contract of sort? Either way I'll take it...itll get my mind off everything I guess...

Looking back to the bottle she tipped it over and let it fall on the counter as she blinked, her mind catching up with itself as she nodded and took a deep breath wiping her eyes again which looked tired

I'd rather die...at the hands of any craft then die here...yeah, yeah I'm ready to do this

She tried standing and stopped leaning against the bar as the world started spinning before her, gripping the counter she closed her eyes and took a shaky breath

Krest watched her for a moment. When was a good time to intervene? She was clearly having a hard time talking, let alone standing. Rather then reach out and grab what was still a stranger he simply motioned for her to sit. "I ain't in a hurry to leave. Why don't we chat a bit? Get to know one another. See if you can work off that buzz enough to stand and walk." The Zabrak chuckled as he took another sip of his own booze. He wasn't here to drown his own sorrows at least. Casually he looked her over again, raising a brow.

"Right, you said you were an Ace. How does one get labeled as such?"

[member="Krest"]

She looked to the man, wobbling just a bit as she blinked her eyes and swore to herself wishing the world would just stop spinning for a moment...it didnt help she had to look up to see him the world just spun quicker then! Looming down for a minute she simply nodded and climbed up into her chair as she rested agaisnt the bar top and took a breath, buzzed was a understatement

well...you get kills! And come back alive of course...I have over 300 confirmed kills! Or had...no..have yes have. My first fighter shot down just sent chills down my spine...i had killed my first person...after that you just let the adrenaline and your purpose for he mission take over...

Taking a minute to think about that very time she flew a tie fighter that was weaponized, watching those green lasers arc towards the engine of a xwing and watched the explosion take it over

now...my turn...who exactly are you...besides a poodoo flyer as you have said...

"Mm. That's true. The first kill is always the most.. Interesting." He idly took another sip, thinking back to his own first kill. Beating his father to death with a dull piece of wood. "Yeah, interesting." Best not to think about such thoughts in good company. Krest shrugged his shoulders to [member="Sara Lee Jones"] 's next question, glancing to her once again from the corner of his eye. "Krest. Merc. Nothin too fancy."

[member="Krest"]

hah! I was gonna say you look like a mean one who can beat someone's face in so mercenary fits that description peeeeerfectly

Lookimg back up at him world didnt seem to spin to bad now, feeling parched sara looked to the bartender and asked for some water, once the cup was placed before her she immediately gulped it down and sighed as she closed her eyes feeling herself coming down just a bit before they opened again

so then tell me krest, what will a pilot like me look forward to under your service? Never done a contract thing before

"You'd be amazed at how hard it is for me to beat someones face in." Well, easy actually. He glanced down to his cybernetic fist, slowly flexing the metal digits. That was more than enough to cave most mens face in with a single punch. Not that he'd say anything like that out loud. Krest smirked back to [member="Sara Lee Jones"] 's next question, glancing over. "Nothing crazy. Flying me where I need to go. With the ace title probably into conflict. I gotta be able to do my job after all. You'd be a partner of sorts."

[member="Krest"]

oh gentle giant eh?

It was a small tease, little bit of that old fighter pilot showing off a bit with a smirk forming on her face. She knew just by looking at him that wasnt true at all and likely this man could give a woodie a run for his money in the ring. Raising her glass of water again she was starting to level out yet frowned noticing a headache forming but ignored it as she looked towards krest and gave a big grin

wouldnt be my first, I've flown right into fire and landed so smoke big hot shot can go retrieve something important...then again I had to make repairs on the spot to buy managed to get her flying...see before i became a pilot i was on maintenance crew...anything you give me I'll likely be able to fix even in the heat of the moment

Maybe she was still little drunk, but she boasted this with pride and smile

"So you're an ace pilot with a proven track record and a mechanic?" He laughed heartily, nodding. "Who'd a thought I'd find that here in such a run down bar." The Zabrak smirked over at the bartender who rolled his eyes and went about cleaning some more glasses. "It sounds like we'll be a good team though. Pretty fortunate I met you." [member="Sara Lee Jones"]

[member="Krest"]

She gave a smile, a smile that hadn't formed in years a genuine one as she chuckled then started laughing with him as she shook her head moving a few loose strands of her as she looked up at him

heh...a giant warrior and a small pilot slash mechanic....you know that has to be straight out of a holomovie! Regardless your right I think we will make a perfect team...uh um I'm sara I guess I forgot my formality...ugh...my head feels like splitting

She put a hand to the side of her head and grimaced in pain before shaking her head back and forth sighing

alright...I think....I think I can walk maybe...

"Don't rush yourself Sara. Last thing I want is to have you stumble and hurt yourself, y'know?" He grinned down at [member="Sara Lee Jones"] , watching her for a moment. Sara huh? Cute name. Cute girl. He chuckled at himself and sipped his drink. Had he been younger and her more sober.. Well. If she was more sober really. "Once you're good and steady we can get going. What do you like to do? As a pass time. I bake, for example. Pastries are my life."

[member="Krest"]

oh I should be fine

She said with a dismissing hand wave as she attemrped to stand yet again but was nearly met with falling flat on her face as she braced agaisnt the bar top and slowly got back in her seat

ok your right better not rush myself

Letting herself calm a bit she glanced at krest, sounded like a normal name a big contrast to the giant...oddly good looking man before her. Smirking she giggled a bit and covered her mouth, so the giant loved to bake that was...interesting

hahaha baking huh? I cant exactly cook...but I like to listen to music and play a few instruments

"Mm. Breads too. Made sure to have a place to cook on there." He leaned back in his seat, stretching his arms above his head. Once again he looked to [member="Sara Lee Jones"] , smiling faintly before finally standing up. "How you feelin now? Good enough for a walk?"

[member="Krest"]

heh...maybe once I've saved enough credits I'll by me a instrument and try to get back to playing again ah...maybe have a single audience?

She couldnt helo but smile, just when things got dark and she about gave up light had shown through and this...well she couldnt say brute at all this giant of a person came and saved her from this hell hole. Nodding she stood and blinked before smiling

yep, I can feels good to walk without the world spending...so..shall we walk?

Krest casually offered his arm to [member="Sara Lee Jones"] , smiling. Both to be polite, and maybe a bit protective. They weren't in a good place on Nar Shadda after all. A drunk woman walking around was an easy target for the less than savory types. Did he look like that? He glanced down at his own outfit. He definitely looked like a rough mercenary. Hopefully there won't be any white knights thinking he's taking advantage of the poor girl.

"Keep close yeah? I'll catch you if you fall. It's a little ways to the ship."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom