Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Drop Pod Adaptor Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: To create an adaptor unit to allow for modular selection of drop pods aboard Naval ships.

Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Mandal Hypernautics
Model: Drop Pod Adaptor Unit
Affiliation: Mandalorian, Mandal Hypernautics
Modularity: None
Production: Mass
Material: Alusteel frame, Ceramic exterior, Electronics, exc

Description:
With the recent design and implementation of the Bev-class Insertion Vehicle, the Mandalorian Navy quickly realized that each ship it produced was forced to specialize each drop pod capable ship to utilize one or the other type of dropship.

Looking to capitalize on the situation, Mandal Hypernautics designed a hollow, framed construct that can hold three individual Bev-class Insertion Vehicles and is sized to fit within any drop pod launch bay equipped to deploy BTK-599 Orbital Drop Pods

The DP Adaptor Unit is a hollow design that is mostly a metal frame wrapped in ceramic shell that holds three Bev Insertion Vehicles in three hollow ports specially designed for the vehicle. When launch is required, the adaptor unit is thrust from the launch bay into the void of space. Once free of the host vessel, the adaptor unit aligns to the intended target and the three Insertion Vehicles activate their thrusters and separate from the adaptor unit, where they then continue on to their intended target on the planet.

Role: Disposable Adaptor Unit
Height: 10 Meters
Length: 7 Meters
Width: 7 Meters
Weight: 5 tons
Minimum Crew: 0
Optimal Crew: 0
Propulsion: Thrusters; None
Top Speed: Speed of Ejection
Armaments: None
Passenger Capacity: 0
Cargo Capacity: 3x Bev-class Insertion Vehicles
Misc. Equipment: NA

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Captain Larraq"]
The only qualm I have is that three B.I.V.'s plus this would be 35 tons, designed to fit in a mount for a 14 ton pod. That's twenty extra tons per pod, and I'd expect any ship carrying these to respect the differential in tonnage. Approved pending secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom