Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drinking Away

Reth walked slowly through the glowing neon door of the Starlet Banner nightclub.

As his reptilian eyes adjusted to the low light and flashing spectrums, Reth examined the room. He found a table far from the door, outside of the spotlight that was the club windows.
In the center of the room was a large discoball and several people rolled around on some sort of skates, bringing about orders of drinks and sometimes food to people.

Off to the left and right were special spotted multicolored areas which signified dancefloors, multiple people were grooving about.

Reth took his seat at the table, shaking his head at the terrible rendezvous his friends had found.

[member="Zik'l"]
[member="Voss Sontaren"]
[member="Duncan McShale"]
[member="Kiebibleebeukim Mak"]

Voss stepped through the door way and blinked a few times as his eye adjusted to the lighting. He looked around, taking a few minutes before he spotted Reth in the dim lighting. Voss walked over to the table and took a seat, smiling at his old friend. "Hey Reth, nice place we decided to meet in." Voss said, taking a seat and looking around while he waited for the others to arrive.
All he saw were the people delivering drinks, people on the dance floor, and the people sitting at other tables. "This is not my kind of place." He said aloud, looking back at Reth.

Duncan had been waiting for the rest of his friends to finally make their way to his table but so far, only Reth managed to make his way. Reth and Voss were certainly some of the more introverted of the group which was fine if only they would come out of their shells more often. Duncan smiled and said as his friends sat down, "Ah don't worry you two, it'll grow on you! Just relax mates."

With that, he went back to his drink and quietly indulged himself.

Reth nodded agreement to Voss and then turned his attention to Duncan, easily one of the most extroverted people he knew.

"Good to sssee everyone again, it'sss been quite a while." he remarked.

He raised his hand for a waiter and then waited.

Rhodri

Professional Non-professional
Zik'l followed the others to the distant table, and took a seat. Rather than waiting for drinks, he had his mind on for more important matters.

"So, as you all know, I've inherited a YT-1300 recently." Zik'l stated clearly, his life spent speaking the Galactic Basic stopping the usual influency of many Verpine.

"And, as you all know, but some like to forget and ignore," He paused a moment to cast an accusing glare at Duncan chugging down his drink. "It still isn't being used for anything. Any ideas to remedy that?"

As Zik'l finished his sentence, the waiter -a droid, sadly- came by to take orders. Zik'l ordered simple water, as its probably not a good idea to drunkenly agree to an adventure that leads to certain death, though that does sound intriguing...

EDIT: Oops I posted in the wrong account! Pretend it's Zik'l, I'll remember to post with him instead.

Duncan could help but smile as Zik'l threw his accusing gaze at him from across the table while he was drinking. He then coyfully averted his gaze to one of the more beautiful female patrons as his detail oriented friend went on to talk about what they should with their new fancy ship. Duncan sat his empty glass down and turned his attention back to Zik'l and said, "As I've stated before, we should make some capital first before doing anything too crazy. Being bounty hunters would net us experience and cash."

His eyes then drifted off to watch the beautiful girls on the dance floor. He was definitely going to dance as soon as business was done.

Voss smiled as Zik'l sat down. "Well, I know we've all talked about how we're tired of all the crime, so why not actually do something about it. We're not going to do anything just sitting and complaining." Voss said, seeming a bit restless sitting in his chair. "I mean, what else have we got to do? I suppose we could all try for the 'normal' life, but I know I don't have the skills or patience for that."
Voss nodded his head in Duncan's direction and said "Though he's right, whatever we do we're going to need some credits for it."

"We have a YT-1300 and plan to use it. I don't think any of us are trying to get a normal life, Voss."

"Temporary bounty hunting actually sounds reasonable Duncan. Get money and then we could do whatever. What's everyone else's opinion on this?"

Kieb pushes open the front door of the club, taking the entire scene in. The dark, neon aesthetic they had going on inside wasn't exactly the kind of thing he thought was anywhere near appealing, and made a mental note to try and convince his friends to meet somewhere more well lit and a little less disco.

He locates his friends who were already talking about what sounded like money problems. It paid to have big ears. He walks as quickly as his short legs could take him, and slides into a chair at the table.

His feet dangle over the edge of his seat and only his shoulders are visible above the table. This proved useful during card games where no-one could see his hands, but was an inconvenience everywhere else. He interjects into the conversation.

"I'll support anything that can make us some money. You all know we need it. Fuel doesn't buy itself, nor does clothes, food, housing, taxes..." he numbers off expenses with his fingers. "Well, you get the idea."

His voice is somewhat high pitched and a little scratchy, common among Squib. His accent and grammar were that of a natural born Basic speaker. Which he was. They only taught him Basic back at the orphanage.

"Bounty hunting seems like a good way to get cash, but it's also dangerous. And who here actually knows how to... You know...?" He traces a line across his neck with his index finger.

Voss looked over at Kieb and pointed at his eye. "I think I know how to, you know." Voss said, leaning back in his chair and taking a look at the dance floor. "I think that wouldn't be a problem Kieb. Only thing I'd need to learn is how to track the target."
Voss sighed, and reached a hand up to rub the piece of cloth that covered his ruined eye.

"Bounties aren't exactly hard to find. We just make sure we don't take any questionable bounties: Ones given by crime organizations or something like that are a no-go."

Soon, Zik'l had finished his glass of bland water, but he paid no mind to it.

"We could probably start off with any easy bounties we find, though those aren't likely, since someone's paying money for their capture or deat. People important like that won't be easy to capture or kill. So more like easiest instead of easy bounties."

Kieb shrugs, accepting the statement. He sits back in his chair. "If you think you can do the you know, then all that's left is actually finding a bounty." He looks back at the group. "Where are we supposed to get something like that?"

He hears out Zik'l and says, "Well, that make sense, but we still don't know who exactly to talk to that wants someone dead." He looks at the table and makes a wide open gesture with his hands. "I mean, there are certainly bounties out there, but how do we find them?"

Reth motioned at his claws as the neck cutting motion was made.
"I for one wouldn't mind getting into sssome dirty fightsss."

He ordered an ale and then yawned.
"I do agree however that we shouldn't be getting into criminal groups, I'm all for hunting down criminals."

Reth nodded agreement to Zik'l, turning his attention to Duncan and following his gaze to the beautiful dancing women.
Human desires...always getting in the way of business

"I feel asss though I saw something on the Net the other day about an embezzler, we could alwaysss try to hunt her."

Reth then turned his attention to Kieb, who may have been the least combat ready out of their group...and just watched him for a bit, sizing him up.

"Always worrying 'bout the details Zik'l. Sometimes the best course of action is to jump when one is at the edge." Duncan said with a smile. It was at this point a droid came by and refilled his glass with a cheap whiskey. He took a quiet sip and noticed as Reth did his normal grimace when Duncan was half paying attention to a conversation. He couldn't help it when the decision was simple.

Arash entered the building, having not been invited and simply followed to eavesdrop.

" OY " He yelled, dramatically entering the room " Having a disscussion on plans without me are you"
Arash's voice was higher pitched, with a distinct Corusaunt accent, as he was raised by humans from Corusaunt, along with Kieb.

" Personally " Arash said, sitting next to Kieb at the table " I dont care, as long as we get to see the universe, and make Dosh along the way "
Arash was a great deal taller than Kieb, though still short by human standards, and as such he fit fairly comfortably at the table.

Reth raised an eye at the squib, recognizing him rapidly.
"Glad you could join us Arash, now then, back to bounty hunting. Some of us are obviously more physical deadly, others more intelligent. What role shall we each play?"

"well, in general we should try to be pragmatic, no point in dying for money"
Arash signaled over a waitress, and requested something fruity and non-alcoholic.
"I guess the bigger ones" shoots a glance at Voss "should be in front, mabye to intimidate people into surrender, while the rest of us fight as well as we can."
Arash accepts his drink from the Waitress droid, pays for it, and starts mixing in a bit more sweetener.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom