Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Dreamer Robes - Initiate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crimson_Robes.jpg

Image Source

Intent: Average Armored Robes.
Development Thread: NA
Manufacturer: Various OS Companies.
Model: Dreamer Robes - Initiate
Affiliation: Sera Inkari and Any Apprentices or Cult Members, Closed Market
Modularity: No
Production: Minor
Material: Agrinium | Armorweave | Cloth
Classification: Anti Blaster | Anti Fire
Weight: 3kg
Quality: Average 3 to 6
6 vs Blaster | Fire | Radiation (Non Exposed Areas) | Sonic | Tensor
5 vs Sonic Wave (Concussive) | Explosive | Cryoban | Carbonite | Cold | Particle | Blunt Force | Slug
4 vs Ion | Acid | Chemical | Disruptor | Biological | Piercing (and Armor Piercing)
3 vs Plasma

Special Features:

Strengths: Light Weight
Weaknesses: Ion, Acid, Chemical, Biological, Disruptor, Piercing, Plasma

Description:

Initiates, those born upon their path will often wear this, their most basic of robes. Deep crimson of color, Sera's currently have the image of a golden eagle woven into her fabric, others are various shades of red and have differing sith symbolism or designs, often showing their wearer's journey into explorations of the force around them. Taking their most memorable experiences and inscribing their attire with them. As her understanding an adaptation to the world around her grows, so does the necessity to endure its many challenges, and seed aspects of the future that have been lost.

An average to low grade armor all around, having some defense against fire as befits a fledgling Sith Sorceress tasked with working with it, and good defense against common blasters, it will do little to stop piercing weapons, and is vulnerable to fragmentation or explosives given its light nature. Being light it allows for some freedom of movement not afforded by bulkier armors, and is designed with grace in mind to not overly hinder movement.

Using a combination of Agrinium, Armorweave and cloth for comfort, the armoweave reinforced with interwoven agrinium lining, offers modest protection against most types of damage, cushioning blunt force trauma in three layers, armorweave, agrinium strips and thick cloth. Certain vulnerable areas are usually given more covering than the rest of the body, offering further protection to their wrists and hands, the same with their neck, ankle and knee areas for example. Agrinium gives it good radiation protection, where covered, where uncovered this does not exist such as the face area! Given the order's smithing techniques, the electro magnetic field produced by plasma and to a lesser extent ion do not react well to this particular armor alloy's consistency, in this, the most basic of the initiate robes; this explains the armor design's poor resistance to plasma, ion and more importantly lightsabers. Sonic weapons are moderately dispersed as with any energy weapon when impacting armor, but this type of armor is only going to be around average in its level of protection vs any sonic damage, and the user will still be feeling those hits beneath the robe, their ears certainly won't be spared unless they are wearing a helmet as well.

Existing Chaos Techs
Chevu Viszs Armor
Ner Olyk Armor

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br />-----<br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />Starwars Chaos:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br />------<br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

[member="Sera Inkari"]

While I really like it when armor ratings get split up by damage type, I'm having trouble seeing the logic to some of your choices. Why would it be better against CryoBan (extreme cold) than against common or garden cold? Why would it be great against fire and blaster plasma and so forth, but terrible against plasma? How do robes get a class 5 rating against sonic and blunt damage? I'm not asking for half a page of rationale here, but change up those numbers and add some related stuff to the description until it feels more coherent, and then we'll talk, OK?

Also, what's the specific relevance of the two armor suits you linked as precedent?

People often put reference links to other tech on their sub to show judges what’s out there. It helps them balance the designs to something reasonable. When I’ve got them there tech subs seem to go much easier, and save judges time. Without they can go in circular debate as they might not have all the info you were basing this off at their disposal. It also helps people see where the design 'fits' in the scheme of things.

Done on the slug. Cold was reference to cryomancy, and for story purposes, I’ve upped it to make it easier however.

Added clarity to the lightsaber plasma point. Plasma is often electromagnetic damage as much as heat, sometimes set to arc across targets, especially droids. I want to keep them butter to lightsaber’s plasma please on the most basic robes. Unless you push for them to be higher. I realise armorweave is often higher so if you insist for a 5 or 6 fair enough. I'd much rather that be left for the higher level limited and semi unique designs. I've kept the point vague but there.

Robes go as high as armor level 10 (obviously with development), so being robes isn’t the issue. It’s just the materials and whether the design makes sense at a 3-6. Added a few words here and there.

Clarified Blunt damage. It might as well just be called standard slug for the most part. 5 is utterly average in all respects. As with the referenced link set at a 5. Only with say a mace you are dealing with something moving slower but heavier, than a slug which is moving much faster and more concentrated, so more lethal for the most part. I like to keep it separate, as separate is clearer to me if you are facing it. If you need more references on say disruptor and tensor being different I can give you them, but we'll be treading into grey ground on less well known energy weapons.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom