Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dream of the Sky

The young woman waited on the answer and in a way hoped the man would recover. He might have been a spy, but even they needed to report what they learned. If he didn't check-in, then this Stestia would know something was amiss and could cause more issues down the line. When he said this wasn't something she should try on those she wouldn't want to be harmed, she nodded. There were only a few people that were in that category, but she would remember his warning.

She listened to what he mentioned about people being similar to droids. If her mouth had been open, she closed it now and took on a very thoughtful look. As he put in words in a language she could understand, a few things fell into place and she nodded again.

"Most droids are quite easy to control. I have also encountered droids that had two brains and those were more difficult to control. Electronics travel through the body of the droid, maybe in a similar manner that thoughts control the actions of people. No, no, that's not quite right. A person can control their actions and thoughts much better than droids can. Droids don't have emotions but people do."

It seemed like she was more talking to herself, but what she said was loud enough for Adrian to hear. Looking over to him, that look was still on her face.

"Firewalls are easy to breakthrough. So what you're saying is I should start thinking and seeing people more like droids? It might work..."

Lowering her brows, there was just so much to take in right now. In a way, she might be getting overloaded and just overthinking this. Not as much as when this door was initially opened for her. Then, she ran. Now she was facing this with an open mind.

Aren had answered his question before he had even asked it. Coming out of her thoughts, she almost didn't know she had asked one.

"Yes, well sort of. People and droids are similar you say. Does that mean I should start thinking about them like that?"

Noticing they were getting close to her room, a bounce appeared in her step and she really wanted to see her friends again.

AMCO AMCO

Smiling at her spoken musings - it reminded Adrian of himself as an Acolyte, though her curiosity felt perhaps less frantic, his curiosity having guided him into a number of exceedingly dangerous situations. That awareness-consuming thoughtfulness was much the same, however.

Letting the fact that she asked the same question twice go without comment, he paused briefly, then responded. "Indeed, something tells me that might help. It is true that a person has more control over their action, in a sense, but we too are programmed, in our own way - biological machines, vast tapestries of needs, ideals, and interests. Pluck at the right string, and the response becomes predictable."

Taking another moment of consideration, he was struck by a moment of inspiration. "Consider the following: Do you consider your actions when opening a door, when reading a piece of graffiti, when simply walking? Some things become rote, confined largely to our subconsciousness. Kind of like, ah, auxiliary software? It is possible to force a mind to obey in defiance of its own wishes, but much easier to simply... lull it to sleep. To let their subconscious mind carry out the order, obey the request, or simply forget you were ever there."

Chuckling softly, he shook his head. "At least, that is my interpretation. The Force is deeply personal, you see. You could study its mysteries for a lifetime, but without practice, you would never be more than a mere amateur. What works for me, may not be what works for you."

Technically her own curiosity had put her into dangerous situations, but luckily she had found an understanding person in Adrian. Instead of breaking into a Lord's residence that would rather murder her, he had welcomed her and now walked with her along a journey he had already taken.

Nodding as he spoke, he asked her to consider something. What many people feel are natural things that were indeed controlled by their brains. Much like the movements of droids, what organics did were just electronic impulses. Throughout history, there were examples of droids that ignored their programming and it was clear organics could as well.

"You know I think one of the few things that make organics and droids different is a need to eat. Of course, droids do need to recharge now and then or at least most of them do...it is similar, but not quite the same."

When he finished speaking, she nodded in comprehension.

"I know that. People learn in different ways. Honestly, I feel we will both learn from each other. Me more than you, but even you don't know everything. Perhaps, as I expand on my understanding of technology and the Force, you will as well."

Reaching her rooms finally, she opened the door and walked in. Turning the light on, three droids came to meet her. Pointing at each one, the smallest crawled up her legs and into her arms.

"This one is Sam, the hovering one is Red and the one that looks like a protocol droid is EL. She was my first creation. Picked her pieces on Voss!"

That was before she ever knew she could use the Force.

AMCO AMCO

Smiling brightly, teeth almost eerily perfect, Adrian nodded to his apprentice. "Oh, I'm sure. Teaching is a great way of reinforcing the basics - and I'm quite interested in seeing what novel new methods you might be able to develop, given the right opportunities."

Observing the way she interacted with her droids, the clear fondness she felt for them, he was reminded somewhat of his own projects - except, of course, that none of his creatures had thus far been successful enough for him to consider them a potential friend.

"First creation, hmm? Not bad. I'd show you mine... but perhaps best not give you a stroke." Winking impishly - though he was, perhaps, not entirely facetious. His first creations were not something to be beheld by those with a weak stomach or psyche.

"I wonder what improvements you could make if someone were to put in a good word with the Corps of Engineers. I hear they have all kinds of strange new technologies, in those workshops of theirs."

"Are you calling me a coward?"

At least he agreed that she would probably teach him some things at the same time she was learning. Not everybody thought of that or even knew it happened.

Blinking her eyes, they lit up when her mind connected the dots. The prospect certainly excited and interested her.

"You would do that for me?"

Dropping her bag on the floor, she moved into her room and offered Adrian a place to sit if he wanted to.

AMCO AMCO

Smiling wryly, Adrian shook his head. "Aha, I dare say you misunderstand - I don't see a coward trying to rob a Sith Knight in the heart of one of the Empire's most protected cities, in one of the most fortified regions of Sith space..." A glimmer of humour in his eyes, he continued. "... but my first creations were, ah, not quite as intended. They tend to provoke unfortunate reactions in those not hardened to the niceties of Sorcery."

Moving to take a seat as offered - good thing he had given her a proper suite as opposed to the stone cells some of his peers favoured for their apprentices - he smiled warmly, nodding.

"Why, of course. I have a rather different, ah, modus operandi, compared to many of my peers. There are certainly Force Sensitives out there who aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, so to speak, but you have potential and the cleverness to use it." Waving a hand at her droids, he continued, tone much more familiar than the one he used with most subordinates.

"I think you can do great things, create true wonders, with the proper mixture of guidance and freedom... and the necessary resources, of course."

He made a very good point when he said she had been the one trying to break into his building and steal his droids. That her actions weren't those of a coward and Aren silently beamed with pleasure at the compliment. Listening to what he finished saying, she nodded. With a small motion to EL, her number wasn't one. Instead, it was 31 and there was a reason for that. The woman was familiar with droid numbering and EL was not her first attempted creation. Just her first successful one.

Once he had taken a seat, she offered him food and drink. If he accepted then she would prepare something. Even if he didn't, she would make something for herself. Setting a small bowl of food on the floor for her porg, she took a seat in the chair. Eating her own food, the next few hours went by in what felt like a flash.

The conversation bounced back and forth. Various ideas were talked about and each of them got a good feeling about the other. When the energy ran out of Sam and Red, she knew it was time to call it a night. Not that she really wanted it to though.

There would be some light in her eyes as her mind processed everything that had happened today, she somehow got the message to Adrian that it was bedtime for her and her friends. Opening the door to let him out, she understood totally he could have done it himself.

"Have a great night and I look forward to our next meeting. Thank you!"

She was positive it wouldn't be long before they would be talking again and her knowledge would just expand. Adrian held the key and he was her future.

AMCO AMCO

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom