Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dream a little Dream of me

[SIZE=12pt]The Outer Rim[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The Eternal Light seem to glide through space as effortless as any ship. Faith stood silently behind the pilot who did as his Princess commanded.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Though she had for every morning since leaving the Wheel spoke the prayer thinking of her husband and son. She could not help when near to travel the same path that their ship had 8 years ago. The only person who knew she did this was the pilot and he was sworn to secrecy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“If you see anything, hear anything that might…” She looked down placing her hand on his shoulder, “anything Captain would be a blessing.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]She could not help but want confirmation that they were gone. The darkness of her eyes only hinted at the deep sadness within her that lingered over memories. Memories the only things she had left to hold onto, to..relive in her dreams.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Life without them held little for her. No one could see her pain and she shared it with no one.[/SIZE]

The Outer Rim / [member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

It is funny they call the empty of space when it is so vast and filled energy, life, and death. When the captain was asked if he had seen anything or hear anything that might...well with no further explanation it let him to concluded with the though to look for any trace of the Princess's husbanded or son. "There is one thing there your grace", the captain pointed at one of the counsels. The screen he pointed at was just a bunch of scraggly line moving up and down in a pattern. "We are picking up a faint Gama signature from a nearby uninhabited system. It is not a distress call but it is something. Do you wish us to investigate further?"

Faith paused looking in the direction that the Captain was pointing. She reached out her mind already full of endless questions.

She looked down and the out the viewport, "Yes Captain. If we have never looked there then we must look there now" Had they never looked there before? If they had not why had they not?

Hope, she could feel hope. But she dared not to hope too much for..oh goddess what if they found them. What if they found what was left of them?

Faith stumbled into the copilot seat her eyes never leaving the pinpoint that could lead to answers.

8 years. She must not hope too much, she must not put too much faith into one moment. NO. She needed to calm herself. What would Theo say, breathe. Yes breath.

[member="Dar'yaim Balor"]

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

"We have looked there before. It does not make sense", typing away at the key board the captain was trying to make sense of the data. "Here it is", he continued, "We never picked up the Gama reading before because we're never meant to pick it up tell know." Baffled the captain still looking at the counsel continued to explain why they never picked up this reading tell now. "We never picked up the reading tell now because a program in this sensor data base was pre-programmed to read this faint signature but only after a curtain time has passed. Who had authorized this", he questioned he had questioned just as the name of the programmer name had just pooped up. Dar'yaim Balor....

Faith stared at the name. Her Riduur programmed this to keep quiet until now?! This didn't make sense why?

Faith still overwrought with emotion tapped the screen, "take us to that location. " ,

Explanations would be searched for. Stunned into silence she sat there a whirlwind in her mind as thoughts came went drifted back. She understood nothing.

The Captain nodded to her and began moving towards the signal. The small little breadcrumb of a signal. But track it he did.

Time seemed to progressed slowly whlie they traviled to the unamed system. What was the Gama signal and why where they not be able to discover it tell now? "Your Grace, we're here", the captain looked confussed, yet he looked intriged as well. Looking out the derasteal veiwer they were looking at a barin planetiod. The planetiod was indeed a moon orbiting a planet covered with a pinkish ocean. It was very hard to imagine anyone living on the moon. It was posible, if there was some sort building structure to subport life.

"Yor Grace", the captain egerily called out as he read new information being displayed on the computer in front of him. "The Gama reading, It is eminating from a small object on the moon's serface. With your permision I could bring it aboard. I 'm quite curtin it is holding a message with in."

Faith stared what was this, "yes Captain bring it in"

They dispatched a droid to retrieve the object Faith tried to have patience but 8 years how much more was she to endure. The droid returned holding the object.

Faith paced the length of the ship. How would she explain how she found. No. That didn't matter, if.

If. An object was not her son. Was not her husband. What would the object say or insinuate.

She walked back to where it worked to clean and prepare the object.

Faith thought she would die from anticipation.

The object was bo larger then a fist. Very soiled in construction. Looking at the obect while it was being cleaned you could easily guess that it had a thick outer layer to protect what ever it held from the hazards of space. As more space dabri was cleaned off scares littered the outer shell from years to space exposer.
Finnly though the driod finished cleaning the time capsel. As careful as the small droid cleaned the outer shell...it pressed a single smooth button on the surface oval time capsel. Four lines in total along the capsel...then as soon as the lines spreed further apart stale air hissed out. The air trapped within was smelled horabile but it was harmless. It was open though and there sat a small holo dish card. The time capsel contained a holo disc. Would Fith pick up the disc and find out what the contents contain?

Fascinated she watched, layers of dirt built up falling away. The hissing was unnerving for a moment the concern was poison but if this was from D he wouldn't poison her.

Well not knowingly

She walked slowly looking down at the contents. She reached out and without thought she snatched it, "I want to see what it says" , She headed towards the conference room where communications would read the disk.

She sat down placing it in the reader. So. Now.

She heard a crackle. A hum. Followed by static. Dark eyes stared.

The vision of the holographic form of Dar not in armor shimmered into view. There was sadness in his eyes. It was painfully obvious recording this was not a easy endeavor to complete. "My dearest Faith. If you're watching this recording, it means I did not come home from my latest mission", Dar paused for a moment in speaking as his eyes started to water and naturally he covered his mouth with his hand. He took a small brief moment as he recovered his composer. There was no question, he loved Faith with all of his being. He was never afraid to show it to her, not even now.

"I'm sorry Faith", he found the strength to speak again, "I did not tell you about this mission before I left because I knew you well enough you would not let me go without you. The mission was far to dangerous and there was no guarantee I would even make it back alive. I could not ask anyone man nor woman to take this mission under my command. Not just because the very importance of this mission to succeeded. Faith if I let someone go in my place they would just be where you and I stand at this very moment. I could not escape my fate. Any action I took other then the one I took would shame everything we hold dear. There comes a time in a man's life he must make a choice. I made that choice. I chose to fight to protect the one I love."

"The nature of this mission was a strike behind enemy lines. It was just right after the One Sith took Alderaan. Mandalore was under constant thread of the Sith. There was a opening for a one man to infiltrate a Sith ship yard and lay sabotage to it. It would mean less ships for the Republic and the Mandalorians to contended with. The details of this mission is complex and I do not dear mention the details in case this message is somehow intercepted before I complete the mission."

"However we both know the One Sith do not take prisoners in the truest sense. Those captured a quick death is mercy. Torture then death is far more appealing then to be shaped by one of their Vong. Even if I escape one of these fates. My best hope is to avoid being tracked by Sith is to escape their jurisdiction and be incarcerated and sent into prison. This plan, this prison I could be in is stored on this disk. All you have to do is place the disc into a port linked to your navigation computer. Prisoners there are not normally given parole. However a prisoner maybe released if someone on their be-hath gives a tithe to the prison. If I am not there. I'm sorry Faith. I knew we had huge plans of growing older together. My love, if I do not get to be there or not please. Please enjoy being part of our children life", think of the possibility of grandchildren Dar smiled, "one day they will have children too. Let them know they're loved. Let them know that even if I'm not there I loved them. I loved them with every part of my being and always will."

"Faith my love. I hope to see you soon."

[SIZE=12pt]The image before her Faith reached for it so long it had been so long since she had seen that face, or heard that timbre of that voice.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The words he was saying were almost lost on her as the emotions that churned within her worked to send her beyond reason. The tears were welling up in her dark eyes the longer she listened the more she understood the more she needed to keep calm, keep her wits, and rely on reason to get her through this once more.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]A mission?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She shook her head, he went on a mission![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Oh Dar’yaim Balor when I..[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] the thoughts halted but why had D not mentioned Bud, had he taken Bud with him! She would kill him if he had.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Prison if he was caught, the Sith the sith, she hated the Sith. And he went there. She was going to beat him soundly. But where was Bud. Where was her eldest son in all of this. There was still the possibility that he was dead at the hands of the Sith. Feth.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Prison.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She needed to go and see if he was in the Prison, she needed to find her son.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Faith looked at the Captain, he was beginning to retreat, “Don’t go” Faith thought about what she would give for her husband there was nothing she wouldn’t give. A couple of recent gifts she had received might buy, or be enough tithe to find her husband.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She pulled the disk and handed it to the Captain, “Wherever we to go be sure to broadcast we are on diplomatic mission”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It wasn’t a lie.[/SIZE]

“As you wish”, the captain took the disc and bow in respect. He held his breath while leaving the room. He felt a bit an anxiety and hesitation with this whole mission. He was foremost charged with the princess’s protection. Being so far from Republic space increased the chance encounter with someone who would wish the young lady harm. The small freighter was fast but would not last long running a true war ship.

He listened to his own foot steeps on the drerasteel corridor deck plates. Each step almost felt it echoed with his increasing heartbeat. Was the princess’s husband still alive? Was he incarcerated somewhere? After listening to the message the captain was convinced of one thing. The child of the princess’s was not with the husband. The man had sounded urgent that he had to go alone and that there was a high chance he would never make it back or even live. Every evidence he knew of the man would never endanger his young child like that.

Stepping on to the bridge of the freighter he pondered that last bit of thought. If the youngling prince was not with his father then where is he?
Reaching over to place the disc into the navigation computer he could feel the stress of the job building in the muscles in his shoulder and back. It was a physical reaction to the suspense of where he might have to take the princess.

The computer churned with activity. He waited breath held for the results.
Then the verdict came in. The prison was located within the Hapes Cluster.

It was all starting to make more sense but placed them all in a unique situation. Eight years ago the Hapes Consortium was not a full member of the Republic. One particular space corridor ran through the breath of the Hapes Cluster. The cluster somewhat nestled somewhere in-between The Republic and Mandalorian space. One end of the corridor started in One Sith space and the other ended in the Silver Sanctum territory. It was most likely the fastest path out of the hell he found himself in.

“I wonder”, he slid off to another counsel. He began skimming for additional information before taking all of this new to the princess. Skimming through what information he could through the holo connection on the ship, he used his own Republic access codes to research anyone being arrested within the Hapes Consortium around eight years ago with the Prince’s description. There was nothing. This did not surprise the Captain one bit. Dar’yaim was well known to be very astute tactician. In the case of this mission he went out of his way more than once to make sure no harm was to come to his family while maintaining the anonymity of a covert mission. He may have, when and if he committed a crime within the Hapes Consortium to auld the Sith…he may have hid all his true identity. Tactically speaking the captain was astonished. Such forethought would have kept a possible very heated political situation silent. Such an incident could have caused animosity within the Happen Royal Court. Such animosity historically have prevented groups conjoining in alliance.
The captain found Dar’yaim’s willingness of self-sacrifice commendable. He just hopped whatever crime
the man may have committed was not to aggrieves, that is too able to amend this situation.

The path was more them a moment ago. They will have to go to Hapes Prime first to court favor with as many Happen nobles as they can to find out if Dar’yaim is sitting in that prison and promise some future favor to release him and forget any unpleasantness that this all may have caused.

“Your grace, if you please come to the bridge I’ve found additional information that is urgently important. We will have to formulate a plan if we wish to conclude the end of this mission a success”, the captain was far more hopeful. The stress of bringing the princess into danger was gone. It just bring new complication that hopefully did not end badly for the Republic.

Faith at times could be very focused on a task, forgetting everything except one thing. That is what she had done with the disk she couldn’t look at it, look at his face telling her why he did what he did. He left her knowing she’d be angry.

He went to do something he knew was dangerous, and took their son with him. She was angry with him.

All she could think about was getting to find him, find their child. A prison.

Wherever it was she would use every ounce of influence, and credit she had to her name to find them, to bring them to rest, or home.

The Captain’s voice filtered through the haze of her thoughts, “something more?” Faith did not know how much more she could take. She stiffened her resolve and headed to where the Captain waited. Good thing he was along.

“A plan, why exactly a plan Captain” Faith peered over his shoulder to see what it was he was looking at, none of it made sense to her so she would have to rely upon the Captain. Republic codes, and she believed that said Hapes Consortium.

She had one friend in the Consortium, a noble woman. Would she have to put that relationship to the test?

“Tell me what you have found Captain” Faith sat down and waited.

"Mainly what you see on the consul", he pointed at the word Hapes Consortium on the screen. "I did look through records available to me and there is no record of a man fitting your husbanded. Politically stepping forward is a tedious endeavor at this point but not impossible. I'm pretty sure your husband hid identity for this mission and he assumed a different name. Due to the nature of the mission, knowing your husbanded I'm confident when I believe he did not bring your son with him. A strong indicator is when he could ask no one to undertake this mission but himself. That leaves a couple of questions about your son. Does your husband even know his son is missing? If your son is not with your husband then where is the boy?”

“Your grace about your husband. If he is in a Hapes prison he went to great lengths to cover his true identity. My guess would be so there would be no back lash to the Republic. Going forward it is my professional opinion that we should keep in mind if handle poorly it could become more then uncomfortable politically. If explained to the right people within a curtain light, maybe we can avoid in upsetting the Happen Court. It would require gaining favor. Or in more plainly words owing a favor to one or more nobles in the Hapen Court.”

She owed a favor already to Melanctha Dallamoor did she dare ask one more. Faith looked down again thinking, "if Bud is not with D and he was with someone else, surely in eight years Bud would have come home, found a way to contact home." Sadness more sadness living through the nightmare of it all again.

"It would seem Captain that all the questions can mostly be answered by my husband, which means I will have to speak with the Hapan noble woman i do know and find out if she knows another that can look into the prison." Faith was running ouf of things she could do to help. Her position as Minister of Intelligence offered her some things, but her position as Princess of Alderaan offered nothing except what the Sith left behind. that left her position as Senator, perhaps through that there was something she could give.

"Cherubah has a family that may receive us" She looked over to the Captain, their military do you know any officers, within the military, or even heard of one?"

“Me personally, no”, a touch of gloom displayed momentarily across his face. He personally did not know anyone. He wished he did but he did not know of one personally well enough to ask such a favor. “I do not your grace. At least not well enough to ask a favor. Though I did meant one such noble in passing at a Republic Naval seminar. Your husband had introduced to Duch`ix Alexander Grey. I am no more than acquaintance to the Hapen Fleet Admiral. However your husband and the Duch`ix spoke. I had got the distinct impression they knew each other for a long time. Judging the situation using military etiquette assumed they were not past collages but friends as well.”

“If I could suggest your grace”, by chance the captain had a thought, “You may draw far less attention by visiting your friend. Then by chance draw a quieter meeting with the Duch`ix. After all a Republic Senator going to visit a Fleet Admiral may draw questions or attract a few more eyes. Far to many eyes or questions then what you need at this point from people who would be far less understanding.”

She listened the Captain was trusted she'd heed his advice, "Very well let me send a message to the Ducha and see what she says she can do, and if she knows the Duch'ix" Melanctha was not the ordinary Hapan she was bit more out there than most.

Faith sat down and composed a message that she hoped would gain the attention of the Duch'a and at least make her curious enough to invite Faith and the Captain to her home. Once they got there then Faith would explain.

"message sent, now we wait" Faith was tired and wanted to lay down. The emotional release she had earlier had taken all her energy, and strength. She wandered back, she had wanted to play the message again but that wouldn't help anything.

She sat in a chair and stared at the floor, she hated waiting.

Sometime later the Captain came back gently shaking her as she had fallen asleep in the chair, "Princess a response has been received"

Faith groggy nodded, "ok let's play it" Faith struggled to her feet sleep still heavy on her senses. She watched the message play out, "Well seems we are welcome, Cherubah Captain."

The captain just smiled as he heard the news. Well for a moment there was an order given. With a respectful nod he took it as a cue to leave the room and set the course.

Days later…

The trip by hyperspace was quiet. They had plenty think about and they had a few days to think of the possibilities. Was Dar’yuim indeed in a Hapes prison? If he was where they going to be able to get him out legally? It was suspenseful and it reached new heights now they were given permission to land.

“You ready for this your grace”, the captain asked as he began to fly to the space port.

"no" she said it as flat as she could truth was in the days they had been traveling she reminded herself that all this hope could be dashed easily. So. It was best not to expect anything.

She had mourned her husband and son, unless something different happened here she...would continue to mourn her husband and son.

Faith had received the response from Melanctha to come, and let them discuss what favor it was she needed and perhaps they could negotiate an outcome.

Cherubah

A world that reminded her of home Melanctha may not know just how fortunate she was to live here. Faith decided to wear a light blue dress with the long traditional vestments of Alderaan. She let out a deep sigh.

"She will meet us, are you ready?"

There was only one proper he dressed for this occasion. He wore his dress whites typical of Alderaan Officer.

“Yes your grace”, he was ready to walk slightly behind her and to her left. He knew very well he will have to pay close attention to protocol. The last thing the lady he served to gain disfavor and lose her chance at finding her lost family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom