Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Kalamar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
ri5k4gl.gif
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: update codex subs
  • Image Credit: Pokemon
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: N/A
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Kalamar
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Origins:
  • Average Lifespan: 300 Years
  • Estimated Population: Inter-Planetary
  • Description: Tall with small feathers over leathery skin. Depending on the bond it can change its form in a cocoon of force energy. From becoming a blue and white bird of grace to a smaller more agile one with flame sacs in its wings allowing it to ignite. With golden feathers or silver wings... even channeling a maelstrom of energy.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type I, Type IV
  • Average Height of Adults: From tail to wing tip 9m
  • Average Length of Adults: From wing tip to wing tip 9m
  • Skin color: Reddish orange
  • Hair color: N/A
  • Distinctions:
    • Can create a cocoon with its wings for reentry into a planets atmosphere initially before opening up.
    • Cocoon can change form when bonded to a force user.
  • Races: Changes slightly in shape and form depending on the type of force user it is bonded to.
  • Force Sensitivity: Standard
Strengths:
  • Space Borne
  • Able to alter its form
  • Creates a force bond to change form.
Weaknesses:
  • Spongy Hide: To absorb ambient energy in space and convert it to food, the Dov's hide is very squishy able to produce chemicals to propel itself through space.
    Hollow Bones: From being in space, their bones density is lower making them easy to break.
  • Force Nullification: Being a creature of force sensitivity if it loses the connection it can be painful and disorienting.
  • Bond: THe bond it forms with a force user determines its form but also allows the transmission of pain and fear.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Ambient solar energy and heat
  • Communication: Verbal
  • Technology level: N/A
  • Religion/Beliefs:
    • Seen throughout the Kazahana asteroid fields flying, they are regarded as dangerous birds of prey that can fall to planets. Seen as dangerous by spacers for their size against smaller ships and because like mynocks they are attracted to the shiny power cables to chew or peak at. They are less a threat to ships larger then them or more armed to deal with nuisances. On fighters or mining vessels they can cause problems to gunk up the mechanical parts or try and nest in engines if they are large enough and inactive enough.
    • With the Jadeite studies they were able to bond and change the forms of the creatures. Creating a smaller case study of them and allowing other jedi padawans to have them as pets if they care for them.
    • Forms:
      • Dova: The base form, its wings and tail are able to interlock and form a powerful cocoon able to face re-entry into a planet but also when bonded change its form into different ones if the bond is strong enough.
      • Atu: Majestic and graceful. With blue and white feathers bonded to more guardian type jedi cooling their combat skills.
      • Rila: GOlden feathers, with streaks that light up the skies and usually form from a strong bond with those more aligned to the consular stylings of the order seeking wisdom of the force.
      • Tala: Sleek, even tempered and a symbol of beauty seen by many. The form is for those bonded with it who are balanced in the force and focused.
      • Vissa: Fierce and strong, bonded to the sentinels and able to aid them in ground dangerous attacks from sith with lightning.
      • Vul: Fiery and Fierce, able to protect and restore. Usually bonded to those technical minded and artisans showing how they create something from the ashes of the old.
  • General behavior:
    • The Kalamar are usually seen traveling between the asteroids of the Kazehana asteroid field. They float from asteroid to asteroid looking for the mining stations or the passing ships. Searching for the cables and ones inside. They are birds of prey and go after the things smaller then them. When near planets they will wrap themselves into a cocoon of their wings and tail to protect their body from reentry heat that might ignite the gas sacks in their body.

The females of the species more protective of their nests with eggs. The males often trying to kill the young for easy food. With larger predators they are able to swarm and attack in packs if they believe they can beat it. Colossus Wasps being one of the largest predators in the asteroid belt.

When swarming with others and attacking they use wolf pack like tactics buzzing the target from different angles until it is tired and distracted while focusing at the weaker points or open wounds to make them larger. The same swarming against larger predators can be applied to smaller to medium sized one on different planets. Against ships they go after the connections of communications and arrays.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Once a more common site in the space between the worlds and souring through the asteroid fields. The Kalamar were hunted down to near extinction by hunters and fear from the locals. Now slowly they have become a semi protected species to repopulate them. Not being feared as much anymore. The Kalamar have flown across the system spreading their shadow over the different worlds and moons but influencing some of the people. Their fights against the collosus wasps within the asteroid field has led to some small graveyards where swarms fought a single one and either all died or some how managed to kill the beast. Often times it being a baby and not as experienced. Their presence on other worlds has created different variations that are prized by hunters as babies. THe studies of the Jadeite jedi have shown a grerat deal of interest. Learning more about the creatures as they were able to bond with them through the force and in doing so it changed the creatures forms into different types. Allowing a jedi to have a skilled companion and protector.

Last edited:
I'm extremely hesitant about the force sensitive part. You want them to be force sensitive rarely, sure, but shoot lightning? There's a canon reference, but only from a RPG game, and it dosen't offer any explanation or reason just "Sometimes they spit lightning." Any particular reason that when they rarely develpo force sensitivity they fire lightning, rather then something else?

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Mrrew"]

Other species when they show force sensitivity do stranger things (the dragon snorting lightning and having battlemind, starweirds yelling through the force to kill, those wierd lizards on yavin that force scream) but the lightning is not a big point. I have no problem removing it if you think it will be to much.

I'm not sure what drgaon you're referring to, but Starweirds are believed to be darkside creatures, I believe, and the Yav in creatures (Howlers, I think they were called?) were Sithspawn. So yeah, i'd prefer if you could remove the mention of lightning.

After that, you're approved. :)

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Matsu Ike"]
Leaving aside the fact that I strongly doubt they could survive the heat and gravity of re-entry, they certainly can't leave a planet once they get there, surely?

So those who land on a planet are stuck there, which means their diet and vocalisations are all rather circumstantial of them ending up where they aren't expected to be....

[member="Matsu Ike"]
After much consideration I’ve decided this doesn’t work.

Thus, I’m going to ask you to change this rather radically to either:
  • A planet based creature able to get to great heights.
  • Or a space based creature living on asteroids.
But not both.

At the very least, since they can’t leave a planet once they get there you would doubtless end up with many different variations, or they’d die off on the planet as they adapted.

I would not be adverse to a second submission dealing with the other sort, but one submission cannot do both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom