Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Rule Clarification

Keeping in mind that here are the only official rules that I know of;

Tefka said:
1. The thread must have a minimum total of 100 posts.

2. The faction must construct a believable plot for the duration of the role-play and present some sort of opposition for it's members.

3. You may only dominion a planet that is available on the SWRP: Chaos Official Map.

4. If you finish a dominion within 30 minutes of a faction finishing a dominion on the same planet, an Invasion thread for the planet must be initiated to decide ownership of the planet.

5. All posts in a Dominion must be made to be quality posts. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in a raising of the minimum post goal for the Dominion.

6. No single Writer may be responsible for more than 1/5th of the total posts in a Dominion.

7. Dominions must have a minimum of 5 unique writers posting in it.

*Changes are in green

What I require clarification on is this.

Can a person just do their 20 posts and be done with it, assuming all of the above are met, or do they still need to wait for the other, say four people, to post before being allowed to post again.

Or where it may be only 5 writers doing an entire dominion, could two people get their 40 posts done together without worrying about being accused of spamming?

Because I've been told both. And considering if I get this not-really rule/secret rule wrong the dominion can be slapped with a penalty, which I would prefer not to be the cause of..

I actually quite like following rules, but I need to know what they actually are.

[member="Chiasa Kritivaas"]
We have not specified in minute detail what ‘quality posts’ are. However, since dominions are faction events I would wonder why one person was posting all 20 of their posts one after another. A couple are fine if done with other alts etc, but there’s got to be room for everyone else.

Likewise, five people posting 20 times each mechanically one after another would do it, if the posts showed thought and complied elsewhere.

Basically, the rules are the hard guidelines. So long as you show effort, don’t spam, and follow the rules we’re not going to mark you down.

Tefka said:
Each member of Staff has different definitions for what "quality" means as well. When someone calls one specific instance out, a few of us talk about it at the time of discovery and make a judgement call.

These are basically not answers.

Spam is never defined. General answers are provided. If they were specific I would not ask.

In short if it's not a proper rule I'm not going to follow it and will just carry on writing whatever quality story I feel like. If this turns out to be an issue I suggest rewriting the rules.

Having two judges come up with different answers on the same basic question is ridiculous and makes it impossible for people to follow rules when no one can agree what they are.

Chiasa Kritivaas said:
These are basically not answers.

Spam is never defined. General answers are provided. If they were specific I would not ask.

In short if it's not a proper rule I'm not going to follow it and will just carry on writing whatever quality story I feel like. If this turns out to be an issue I suggest rewriting the rules.

Having two judges come up with different answers on the same basic question is ridiculous and makes it impossible for people to follow rules when no one can agree what they are.
Your concerns are noted.

Honestly Chaos, I think you have a problem.

I get it, less rules more freedom. You don't want to restrict us. And I love that. I came from a place with so many rules that you couldn't really write stories, everyone had to progress in the exact same ways at the exact same rate, and it was better than nothing, but it was stifling. So I get what you're trying to do.

We're trying to operate on Wheatons Law. That's great. Utter freedom as long as you don't break said rule. As long as no one else feels you're infringing on their freedom or ability to write a great story. Cooperative play even when we're IC at odds. Or at least, that's the intent.

We have very few actual rules. The ones we have are relatively straight forward in most cases, if often spread out and hard to find.

Here's the problem.

Non-existent rules are being enforced by staff. Because they were maybe, possibly alluded to by someone who might have authority one time in some random thread. But they're never actually added to the list of rules. And no two judges agree on them. And we're not going to add them. And you're not going to get a straight answer if you ask. And you're probably going to get condescending comments from the people meant to be the pillars of the community.

Because you're trying to find out what the rules are, so you can follow them.

It doesn't matter if they're arbitrary, it doesn't matter if a person likes them, it doesn't matter what they are. But if anyone is going to enforce them, if people, in some cases groups of, are going to be penalized for breaking the secret rules frigging fix it. Flip a coin, make a decision, add the rule. Or stop chasing people about it.

Contrary to popular belief, I actually love rules. I like having structure. I like a clear heirarchy. I like to know what is okay and what's not. I actually find it exceptionally stressful to not know what the rules are WHEN THEY CLEARLY EXIST IN SOME FORM BECAUSE THEY'RE BEING ENFORCED, IF HAPHAZARDLY.

Literally all I want, is to be able to follow the rules Chaos. That's it. So either tell me they properly don't exist or add them to the list. This whole guess whether you're going to get yelled at today model is not working for me.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Chiasa Kritivaas said:
Non-existent rules are being enforced by staff.
1. Sup gurl. You got evidence of this? If so, can haz plz? Otherwise... Can't help. I don't see what you see. :D

2. You sound frustrated. :(

3. *hugs* <3 xoxo

Example; Post switch to 1/5 dom rules a writer and I who were interacting primarily with each other since we were the only ones on the same objective got told we were spamming and the dominion was going to be penalized if we did not stop. Posts were quality, we were moving faster than others.

Example; Got told off by a FA admin because a Mod warned them I'd posted twice in a row in a dominion and that too was going to be penalized. Posts in question were more than quality.

And yet no one will tell me if it's against the bloody rules or not.. Someone else asked told 'it depends on the situation'

How so? The best we've got here is that it has to be quality.. I am under the belief that my posts are. If not I'd like to know what's required to have them count as such.

Is it just that it depends on whether or not the Judge likes the person or faction in question? Great. Can I get the set of rules that apply to me then? Bad enough when I get hit with the stick, the fact that an entire faction can be when I am trying to help is unacceptable.

Jaaaay, I just want to know what the rules are so I can follow them, why is that so hard ; ;
#firstworldrpproblems

<3

Chiasa Kritivaas said:
Non-existent rules are being enforced by staff.

No new dominion rules have been enforced by Staff, wherein 'enforced' means 'someone has reported a dominion with regards to these rules, thereby requiring staff to mediate.'

Chiasa Kritivaas said:
Can a person just do their 20 posts and be done with it, assuming all of the above are met, or do they still need to wait for the other, say four people, to post before being allowed to post again. Or where it may be only 5 writers doing an entire dominion, could two people get their 40 posts done together without worrying about being accused of spamming?

Tefka said:
You can post all you want in regular roleplays, but Dominions are team-oriented. Work as a team, not as a carry.

Reign your urge to spam in a little bit and follow a proper posting rotation and you won't even notice this rule is there.

Jsc

Disney's Princess

As far as I understand it, the whole 'quality' thing is just to avoid abuse and keep 'Speed Dominions' in line with good competition. I've never heard of 'spamming' or 'speed posting' or 'breaking post order' to every have been a thing.

So yeah. Sounds like good old FapFapFap to me. I'd get on the horn and see if you can talk to this magical Mod(s) who are calling you out. Your concerns have less to do with the Top Rules than they have to do with a single Judges perspective. If you can talk to them? You could probably fix this all in one swing. Easy as pie. Just like Factory Judges. They allow for a sense of give-n-take. You just have to talk with them about it.

Cheers and happy hunting! :D

Jay Scott Clark said:

As far as I understand it, the whole 'quality' thing is just to avoid abuse and keep 'Speed Dominions' in line with good competition. I've never heard of 'spamming' or 'speed posting' or 'breaking post order' to every have been a thing.
Most straight forward response so far.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Chiasa Kritivaas said:
Most straight forward response so far.
Pfft. Lol. Hey, whoa there cowgirl! ...I ain't Staff. Just a dude trying to connect. Slowww downnn there miss sassy. Rofl.

But seriously, you're golden. Even if you are super sassy today. Woo wee. Much sass. Such wow. <3 :D

And again! Good luck out there. It's CHAOS man. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom