Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion of Umbara- Planning

Hello, all! This is Lord Ajihad, hoping to bring you another somewhat-interesting One Sith dominion.​
First off, I'd just like to say sorry for the last dominion I made. I started it up and posted a couple of times, but went on LOA before we even got halfway through it. Luckily, everyone else pulled their weight and ended up taking Vortex, as well as making it a fun beach party dominion.​
I've been debating on whether or not to give it another go, but ended up deciding that this faction doesn't run itself. As fantastic as [member="Darth Pyrrhus"] and the rest of the staff are, they can't run this thing on their own. So, I shall therefore try and make a somewhat fun dominion the One Sith can actually enjoy.​
The target planet here is Umbara, also referred to as the 'Shadow World.' It's extremely dark, and has some deadly native fauna. It's your giant mutated octopus venus flytraps, bald pale creepy humanoids, and even the occasional banshee. There's an ancient Sith academy there, which used to be inhabited by the Brotherhood of Darkness. And like I said, it's darker than Mike Tyson's past.​
So for objectives, I'll need some help thinking stuff up. As always, the last objective will be to do whatever the heck you want. I'm thinking a group could get ambushed by the Umbarans and have to hold out until reinforcements arrive. Of course, we'll also have to take out the Umbaran King before we gain control over the planet. Besides that, that's all I've got. What would you guys like to see. Any ideas or recommendations are welcome!​

Yes, well, the Umbarans are a rather reasonable people with reasonable beliefs. Now, when I say reasonable, I do mean that they are agreeable to the philosophy of the One Sith in many aspects. You know, love of cunning, might makes right, no coddling the weaklings, etcetera. So as both an Umbaran and a pragmatist, I will beseech you to make this as painless for my fellow Umbarans as possible.

Also, the Republic, being simpletons, had no idea how Umbara works. At all. Umbara is not ruled by a single king or an emperor. That's stupid. It is ruled by a caste system, with the top caste being called the Rootai. Caste systems are also stupid, but that's not the point. Presumably members of the Rootai are petty kings ruling different swaths of Umbara. They will occasionally convene into a council to discuss more galactic matters. When they aren't assassinating each other, anyway.

For all intents and purposes, consider that failed Republic dominion as non-canon as non-canon can get.

I advise the following objectives:
  • Colonel Pollux has instigated a general mutiny among the Umbaran Militia, rejecting the authority of the Rootai Council and refusing their orders to stand down. Pollux's soldiers have holed themselves up in a large military base on the outskirts of the capitol city and are preparing to launch an assault. The One Sith will need to destroy them first. Assault the base, deactivate its shield generator, and then vacate the area before orbital bombardment commences.
  • Despite their cooperation, the Rootai Council has been keeping secrets from the One Sith. The Umbarans are purportedly working on improving some sort of gas used to increase the combat effectiveness of their soldiers when inhaled in sufficient quantities. Little do they know, sharing is caring. Join a small strike force to raid the underground research facility. Secure all data and samples, then ensure it is destroyed. Capture any scientists working on the project, kill everyone else.
  • The Umbaran Shadow Assassins were among the most skilled and feared assassins in the galaxy, once upon a time. However, the Sith Academy they were trained in has fallen into disuse. During the reign of the Sith Empire, its faculty, students, and anything of value were evacuated to Korriban when the Republic came to hold sway over the planet. Now that the Sith have returned, it's time to refurbish the Academy and cultivate a new generation of Shadow Assassins. ( [member="Darth Ferus"] )

Setzi Lunelle

Searching for Eleos's Altar
I like it! [member="Darth Adekos"]

tumblr_mpe7n2tWZt1qi66kho1_500.gif

Darth Atrox

D
Sounds good! Only problem is, Umbara is a rather large distance from the rest of the OS Space - would it not be more prudent to take over a system nearer the borders of OS Space?

I don't know, thoughts?

[member="Darth Adekos"]

Your (slightly uncanny) knowledge of the Umbaran people is much appreciated! I think I might just copy-and-paste your objectives into the dominion if no other ideas are given.

[member="Darth Ferus"]

I expect you will be leading the third objective?

[member="Darth Callidus"]

Umbara isn't all too far away from OS space, as it's about one hex away. However, I do admit it's a bit off the beaten path in regards to our current route of colonization. However, it'd provide a good location for the assassins to have a small outpost/base. Plus, it's cool and spooky :p

Very sithy place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom