Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion of Christophsis - call for Objectives

Christophsis has come up as a planet that may be next for the TU to dominion.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Christophsis

If anyone wants to write up objectives, feel free to post them here.

There are lots of things to do on the planet including mining (crystals particularly) and upsetting the oligarchy.

Personally, I'd like to see an objective to get our criminal network back up and running.

Looking forward to what you guys come up with! :)

Potential Objectives so far
- Meeting or suppressing the Oligarchy (Darth Vizios)
- Kickstart TU Crime Network
- Establish a mine or trade in the Crystal City of Chaleydonia

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
The TU does a lot of heavy work on improving the infrastructure on a world we dominion and begin protecting. Working with the Oligarchy should be a primary focus. Not all dominions need to be war, and I feel Christophsis is ripe for a Techno Union almost friendly take over.

Maybe an angle that the Christophsians want the Union's support, and are making the effort to plan for what the Union brings in to a world, but that criminal aspect, network, whatever, arrives in full force to begin sabotaging, through whatever means (the Pre-Factory has a good list of a variety of criminal aspects) seem appropriate.

Mining would be good, as well, setting up the mines and export of crystals.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Obejective A: Negotiate Techno Union Take-over with Oligarchy
Objective B: Establish a military presence
Objective C: Oversee a mining operation, while developing TU mines
Objective D: Eliminate Slavery from mining labor practices (I believe the TU outlaws slavery)
Objective E: Discover an exclusive source of Lightsaber crystals (could be fever further at a later date to have a unique TU crystal for the Obsidian Order black crystals perhaps?)
And of course do your own thing.

Any and all of those have fun!

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Objective*

Here to fix your typos at midnight.

It might be good to show that the TU can work with a planet that is set up to basically BE the TU. Working with the Oligarchy, to change them into something the TU can use and mesh with, rather than breaking it down and rebuilding, is perhaps more boring but the outcome would be a stronger bond.

And I dig the lightsaber crystal thing. I know the Obsidian Order was using a storm-blue-gray crystal in @Isley Verd's submission. Making a black crystal would be cool. I am just putting this out there because its 00:30 and I am thinking. What about a crystal that gives the saber a pulse, like how magma (which creates Obsidian, an igneous rock) or molten metal (to signify the techno Jedi aspect) looks. That's getting off topic, but yeah.

Thanks Dave - good stuff. And also Corey for fixing typos and your thoughts as well. :)

You guys both gave me an idea, and since we have Naboo and are domming Christophsis, maybe we can work it into the TU somehow.

It does involve working *with* the oligarchy rather than against them (kind of what we did with Naboo) so I think Corey's suggestion works better with what's in my head.

But I'm going to let the idea rattle around in there before committing it to the forum somewhere.

[member="Darth Vizios"] [member="Corey's OOC"]

[member="Corey's OOC"] | [member="Darth Vizios"] | [member="Tmoxin Temi"]

Objective A: Rescue Rangers

After fighting a trade war with the Retail Caucus for several years, their position on negotiation with the Techno Union abruptly changed. Whether this was because our fleet appeared in orbit of their headquarters on Christophsis is beyond me. A Techno Union diplomatic mission was sent to the surface of the planet to discuss the possible assimilation of the Retail Caucus and provide them with favorable terms. High-profile individuals such as the Viceroy of Manda, the Viceroy of Hypori, the Viceroy of Rodia, and the Director of the Department of Diplomacy are in attendance.

You can understand, then, why it was rather disheartening when the lackluster security provided by the Retail Caucus was overwhelmed by a commando force of Yuuzhan-Vong and their clandestine Selectivist allies. Both diplomatic parties have been taken hostage (among other civilians) within the Retail Caucus Headquarters in the city of Chaleydonia. The Vong and the Selectivists have barricaded themselves inside and are issuing a series of demands for the release of the hostages. These demands include such reasoned positions as "the death of every serving member of the Executive Board" and "the end of the decadent bourgeois that is the Techno Union."

The Retail Caucus are cooperating with us in this crisis, as their most senior members are currently within the building and are also hostage. They have provided us with detailed blueprints of the building. You are to join up with the rest of an elite strike team, infiltrate the building, rescue the hostages, and then secure the building. We will need at least one Yuuzhan-Vong and one Selectivist captive by the end of this, so keep that in mind.

A successful rescue mission is exactly what we need to ease tensions with the Retail Caucus. Don't be reckless.

Objective B: All Systems Are Oligarchy

Christophsis is governed by a Mercantile Oligarchy- a collective council of some of the most powerful corporations operating on the planet. They understand how Christophsis' economy functions. They understand what makes the populace tick. More importantly, they've been the source of the planet's consistent prosperity for centuries now. Thirty-five billion people owe their lives to this government, so that's why it's important we have their total support. The Mercantile Oligarchy consists of twenty councilors in total at the moment.

Seven support the Techno Union. Five are unsure of our cause. Five are in the pocket of the Retail Caucus. Three are little more than wealthy inheritors of their parent's fortunes. Spoiled brats who we suspect are starting to develop selectivist sympathies- probably because they're young and don't know any better.

You are to meet with members of the Mercantile Oligarchy and turn our minority into a majority. We expect blatant coercion to be left out of your persuasive arguments, except in the case of the selectivist sympathizers. In which case, coerce to your heart's content- Selectivsts are barely people anyway. When the presence of our fleet is no longer necessary, we will expect to have the full support of the Mercantile Oligarchy.

Objective C: I'm Walkin' Here!

The Mercantile Oligarchy has some concerns- particularly with the shadowy organization that just erected a military base on the dark side of their tidally locked moon. Information is scarce, as the Mercantile Oligarchy lacks the resources to investigate and the Retail Caucus is largely apathetic. The primary suspects are slavers, Bando Gora, drug smugglers, or any other loathsome assortment of riff-raff. Maybe all three. The Techno Union is, fortunately, in the market for establishing a military base in the system. Demolishing this one and building ours on top of it would be a simple matter.

These individuals and their presence in the system represent a threat to stability. Drive them from the moon by any means necessary. Use the Techno Union fleet to drive off whatever naval vessels they have, then land and secure the military base for ourselves.

Looks great and thank you for the write-up [member="Adekos"]

This can go up exactly the way it is. Do you want me to post it or are you going to?

Objective 4 can be do your own thing. I will probably be establishing a mine ala [member="Darth Vizios"]'s Objective: Oversee a mining operation, while developing TU mines. Anyone else welcome to join me.

[member="Kyber Salurra"] | [member="Danger Arceneau"]

I have a [member="Gilamar Skirata"] who wants to provide aid at Objective C. If either of you could go there to give him someone to post with, that would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom