Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Dolos Class Frigate

Status
Not open for further replies.
[member="Reshmar"]

The only ship that is like this, the Jaahati doesn't have a specific list of armaments. Do you have any rough idea of how much they can be? I was thinking maybe 40xpoint defense laser canons, and 20x scrambler turrets? What are your thoughts

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
[member="Krayzen Dratos"] SO the scramblers will need more dev since they are stealth tech. now for numbers wise.
I started this looking at is as a frigate carrier, now it is closer to a heavy frigate which allows more heavier weapons.

Now you have some powerful shielding, advanced defensive systems, heavy hull plating, speed and maneuvering buffs, a hyperdrive buff,
Your main weakness to offset all this is the low armament rating which means fewer weapons.
for starters make the defense rating 16. With the redundant molecular shielding, anti ion and slicing, and the heavy armor plating this ship should have a brutish defense. Which makes sense for an EWAR ship.

Now the armament rating.
First the Capital armaments - Leaving the Armament rating it where it is really is needed to balance out everything.

Now the Scramblers would basically count as a turbolaser. You already have 40 turbolasers worth of weapons on this. I would say 6 Scramblers would work but they still need development for stealth tech if you want to use them. if you do not want to do the 10 posts for the scramblers I would say just put an anti-concussion field generator on it. does about the same thing.

Warheads - Make this 2 Heavy Warhead Launchers or 1 heavy and 6 standard, these are big and take up alot of space.
Defense armaments - normally this ship could have 10 defense weapons being a heavy frigate. But given the purpose and intent of the ship we can take 10 turbolasers and exchange them for the point defense lasers.

So my recommendation is
Armament 6
(50/11/8)
* 4 M4020 Sensor Jammers
* 1 Heavy General Purpose Warhead Launchers (for the EWAR missile)
* 6 General Purpose Warhead Launchers
* 4 MR32 Deck Canon
* 20 Point Defense Lasers (exchanged from 10 turbolasers)

Defense 16
and add an Anti-concussion field generator for the missile defense.

this balances out the heavy with light armaments well and still accomplishes what I feel you are intending the ship to do.

IF you just want to do the development for the scramblers then adding 6 of those would be possible instead of the anti-concussion field generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom