Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you hate my writing as much as I do?

"Great, he's in the thread."
"Not him again."
"Just avoid him."
1422.gif

In this thread, I need feedback. I'll say it forward and true to heart, that I hate my writing. Perhaps the style, the way I roleplay, whatever it is; and I understand only some of why I dislike it. What I'm requesting is feedback on what would ensure a better partner in a thread, hopefully pulling back from the spotlight I have a tendency to put myself in and better involve everyone. Now, before someone says 'Oh, you're too critical!', I surely am not. I've for a long time noticed I can't maintain long term writing partners or interesting stories; and while some of this is certainly do to a poor reaction to stress in both IRL and Chaos communities, I'd rather just internalize this and make myself better because of it.

So, lay it on me. I haven't had a feedback thread since I had just started, and want to know what everyone thinks of me currently. What do you think could change in my writing, my roleplay, and even my demeanor to better bring The Slave and myself into a better light? I'd rather enjoy writing as the hobby it should be, rather than this desperate game of 'Who would write with him?'; and if my only choice is to change then so I am willing.

Do I write too big? Am I inconsiderate in threads I'm involved in? Does my writing even make sense half the time? How can I honestly improve? There is so many things I'm curious on, and I'd love some real responses.

Thank you guys, in advance.

[member="The Slave"]

Many, if not most, or all great authors dislike their work. They think they could have written something else, something better, did it differently. Sometimes they have regrets about a recent piece even when everyone loves it. Inspire yourself to do better. If you feel you need to change it up, change it up. But I don't think it's the be all end all. I can't say I know you, but looking at your stuff, I can't say mine is better!

I'll admit, I get the very same feeling. Not in the way you'd think, though! I get the anxiety that there are many out there that when they see me post, it's like I'm nerfing the threads life! Haha.... I'd be happy to find a way for us to thread if you're interested ;)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Slave said:
I'd rather enjoy writing as the hobby it should be, rather than this desperate game of 'Who would write with him?'; and if my only choice is to change then so I am willing.
  1. I have no idea what you're talking about here. So yeah.
  2. Nobody cares. It's a hobby site. F haterz. They're life probably sucks anyway.
  3. Nothing makes your writing better than reading. Grab a book and learn.
  4. Write everyday. Especially especially when you don't want to. It gets the crap out.

Kay. Go forth and kick butt now. Cheers! :D

Chance Bonaventure

C
Be you.

Simple as that. Don't feel you have to change to meet other expectations, because that's a surefire way to grow up with a complex about pleasing people. Do what you feel is right, write how you want to write.

Also, consider this as a method: Finished, not perfect.

I wish I had of been told that when I was younger. It's a great way to look at a lot of things in life, especially on the creative side. Write, post, learn, improve, write more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom