Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Disposable Heroes - NIO Dominion of the Ord Canfre/Garqi Hex

OpSB.jpg

// Moff Predor //
//
Objective // 3 // BYOO
// Focus //

The tea was exquisite as always, made even more flavourful by the knowledge that the pirates on the surface of Garqi would soon be wiped out. For such a shockingly cheap price as well. As it turns out, when the might of the Empire is bearing down upon your small and fragile world, a few hundred credits is plenty enough to sell out the men who's lives you were willing to die for yesterday.

The trick wasn't the price, it was finding the weak links.

The agents of the New Imperial Order were second to none when it came to finding buried documents, files on certain members of the pirates existing in the backlogs of arrest records and citizenship. Of course those details didn't matter as much to Boram.

What mattered was the information of the families that the intel led to.

Threatening to murder ones' family tended to be a double edged sword with pirates. Half of them didn't care and the other half already wanted to die for the cause. It wasn't enough to know who they were, the good Moff was interested in their families in order to find out who they are. Being an enemy worked so much less for being a friend.

So when Boram was able to find out who amongst the pirates wasn't entirely committed to sacrificing themselves for the cause. And it was those ears that he reached.

"Send the command down, Captain."

It was vital to ensure that the line of command was muddled enough to not be traced back to Boram, loyalty and trust in only the most vital areas of the phone line. All that truly mattered was when it reached the ear of the fools who thought they could survive the wrath of the Imperials.

And it was with a self-satisfied smirk that Boram pushed open the doors for the troopers with only the lightest of shoves...

VK-462

V
OpRL.jpg
// VK-462 MSTRSGT WARLOCK //
// OPERATION RIDE THE LIGHTNING //
// Lucina Centaris Lucina Centaris Tess Tess Open //
//
Invincible //

As indirect as ever, Scar was. It was to be expected, didn't ascend to the rank of commander for being lax, after all. Dedicated as he was, this was the kind of thing that gave everyone the impression that the honor guard was all drones with maximal hardons for Imperial-Procedure. If Yieda was a testament to anything, it was that impression being the farthest from the truth. Of course, none of this was to rag on the commander. He'd earned the right to conduct himself anyway he pleased, even if facilitated the stereotype.

"Yeah, sounds good Commander," she responded, a small smirk accompanying a shake of her head. She took a quick look around before looking back to Tess. "So, what we whippin' in? I'm guessing you got a ship, yeah?" Yieda didn't have her own ship. She could fly, sure, but she wasn't exactly a fighter pilot. She'd just came to the assumption that she'd be riding co-pilot on the way in when she was briefed. Otherwise, she'd be in a tight spot, but she didn't imagine they'd be deploying ever ship in the hangar, right?

OpRL.jpg

Objective: 1 - Operation Ride the Lightning
Allies: NIO | Yieda Taar | Lucina Centaris Lucina Centaris
Immediate Objective: Infiltrate the pirate flagship

It was becoming abundantly clear that neither of them were very talkative. Whether it was the fact that they were prepping for a mission of just their natural state of being she wasn't sure yet, though she had to admit that it was rather annoying. But then again, not everyone enjoyed a chat before a mission. So instead she gave the commander a smile and a nod to his explanation. "Perfect, commander." she confirmed calmly before looking at her partner. "Well since Commander Scar offered to give us a lift, I figured we can just hang back in the shuttle, let them breach and cause some ruckus, then move in. I'm curious what kind of safety measures they have on their reactor core. I haven't had a challenging slice in a while." she explained her plans to the Twi'lek.

She looked back at the commander, figuring they'd still have a minute or two before docking with the enemy ship. "Boarding operations, you say? What else are Nova Troopers good for?" she asked him, curious about the commander's unit. They were clearly not simple frontline grunts, that was obvious. She couldn't help but be rather curious over what these troopers were capable of.

However she wouldn't have to worry for long as the stealth ship set off. A more serious look spread on Tess' face as she checked herself over once again. "Hey commander, you guys using any specific comm lines?" she asked him, taking out her commlink to sync with the commander's line. With that done she made sure her earpiece was online and then started to deconstruct her rifle. The barrel and stock were slipped into the inside of her heavy leather jacket and clipped on to keep them hidden from view. The pistol was tucked into the back of her pants. Just incase she needed a rifle on the way out.

She looked to Yieda again. "Ready?" she asked her. She was looking forward to this operation.

Ka'cee'nuruodo

K
Byoo

A pale blue light bathed the cramped confines of the stealth bomber in a dim aura. As Kacee stared out at his comrades they appeared to be ghost in a sea of black and blue shadows. Each one of the five man squad had his eyes transfixed upon the holo figure before them. The ominous being bore the markings of a High Moff.

"Greetings Inferno, I must keep this short..." He spoke in imperial high lingo.

Of noble birth Kacee guessed. The man bore a well kempt face, but still the adage of time wore heavily upon his gaunt features. Wrinkles and bags marred his eyes, while pale hair lined his scalp.

"We have ascertained that these pirates were meeting a unsavory group of criminals upon this world to purchase a weapon of considerable power," He paused as his eyes appeared to scan the commando in front of him, searching for something.

As if he wondered if the soldier would fail him or hesitate in his duties. Kacee knew why the Moffs eyes fell to this one in particular and this one alone. He was the leader of Inferno squadron Enigma. Captain Keys. The Moff continued briskly as he bowed his head and the shadows fell over the deep pockets of his cheeks and eyes.

"This weapon is held within a factory vital to the planets reconstruction. You are to secure the weapon if possible, disable it if not, and hold the position untill main forces can arrive..."

His head seemed to decline to an even greater degree untill the shadows had covered his whole face. "I must remind you that this factory must not be damaged and should these insurectionist come to knowledge we have found their location, they would likely use the weapon against us..."

Captain Keys bowed smartly. "Yes sir, secrecy and efficiency will be our main prerogatives. They'll never know what hit them..." He spoke respectfully in his baritone brass.

How Kacee longed to be in that man's boots. To be in command of a Inferno squadron. Perhaps a misplaced grenade... No, it would be to obvious. Kacee would bide his time until Key's slipped up himself and when that did happen... Kacee would be their with knife in hand.

"Good, Tarkin out,"

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitting in the private booth, Adrial sat back, a cigar in one hand, in another a bottle of phattro. Before Muunilist he’d been a man on the verge of bankruptcy, forced to fight in the New Imperial Order. After Muunilist he was considered not only a war hero, a certified bad ass, but now he was rich after the release of the best protein supplement to enter the market. Palprotein!

A jar of the famed substance sat open on the table before Adrial, the Thyrisian eyed it before sitting forward. “I told you Tambor! This stuff! This stuff was the best you’d ever have! And look where we are now!”

Reaching his hand into the jar, Adrial pulled out a handful of the white powder raising it to his nose. Giving the white substance a light sniff, the warrior’s head shook slightly. The second sniff was far larger, the man burying his nose into his palm. Snorting the powder with a fury unimaginable by anyone except the genetic phenoms of the galaxy Adrial consumed the supplement.

Eyes bloodshot, looking across the table to the infamous Gat Tambor Gat Tambor , Adrial motioned to the jar. “Give it a try, you’ve never had anything like it.”

1bU4qaL.png

// OBJECTIVE // I brought my own!
// FOCUS // Hunter Blackburn Hunter Blackburn

Adrial Magnus was the latest of many industrial apprentices Gat Tambor had acquired throughout his frankly overrated career as a war profiteer and industrialist. Of course the Thyrsian saw it fit to meet within this kind of establishment. Gat didn't mind though it didn't pull him in an any exhilarating direction all the same. He was a Skakoan and one frankly far more fixated on technical marvels than he was the pleasures of the flesh. Until it came to the terrorist warlord Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter , the rarest of beauties to catch Gat Tambor's attention. Even if she never followed up on his VERY smooth attempts to woe her on Christophsis. Though, as they say, it is what it is.

When the powder was brought before Gat he narrowed his beady amber eyes ( though it was a truly abnormal trait of a Skakoan, one which had a nebulous origin but 'supposedly' had always been what Gat looked like even if there were claims of a different story). Taking up the jar of the protein pow(d)er, Tambor reaches his fingers into the white concoction, musing it between his fingers.

"OWERERERERRRREEERR-- Hmmmm. You are yourself a testament to this mixture's merit. Perhaps it may be...worth the delve." He said, if he wasn't eight hours into another micro drip dose of mind spiral he might not have managed to make this blunder, loosening the grasp of the methane rebreather from his head, he managed to show his bare face for a spare few moments as he pressed his hand against the jar and dug out a handful of the protein powder before all but inhaling it through his mouth and nose.

"Ohhhhh...yes...the power." He says, his voice unobstructed by the atmo suit for another moment before he fixes the rebreather over his face again, sucking down an inhalation of sweet methane before he screws his eyes shut beneath the atmospheric goggles, revealing his gaze again to show a true invigoration of raw power coursing through him.

"This- Magnus...this is good, the best." The Skakoan iterates, his voice behind its industrial vocoder again.

Focus: Gat Tambor Gat Tambor

“Yes, with this protein we could truly rule the galaxy in terms of sheer gains! Tired of these damn soy boys and their low test shit! You though! You’re a man of refined tastes, of culture.” Adrial commented, as the Skakoan delved into what was perhaps the most holy substance in the galaxy. “This is only the beginning! I have ideas for many more products, the Voracitos Mass Gainer, the Tavbar, The Carni-”

Cut off, Adrial’s eyes widened in sheer fear as Gat Tambor removed his mask. How many had truly laid eyes upon such a powerful individual. The Thyrisian grabbed his chest as his heart skipped a beat. The crimson eyes of THE Gat Tambor felt as though they were boring into Adrial’s very soul.

Perspiration built up rapidly before cascading down the man’s dark skin. Breathing hastening, Adrial stared straight into the heart of death itself, into the end of the very universe. What he thought was another mortal was so much more. Not even the Sith Emperor himself evoked such fear.

Shooting to his feet, Adrial had to do something. Rearing back his fist balling, Adrial drew all the way back as though he were about to fling a discuss. His leg raised high into the air, toes pointing towards the ceiling. As the foot fell it crashed through the table between the Thyrisian and Skakoan. The fist came forward like a catapult, sheer, unending brilliance as it shot through the air with all the force of a maddened warrior amped by the mystical Palprotein.

// OBJECTIVE // R O I D _ R A G E

The fist slammed into Gat Tambor's abdomen sending him flying back from the booth with tremendous post as the Palprotein haymaker of the Thyrsian took purchase into the Skakoan's form, sending him slamming into the seat of the booth behind him and through the wall of Xotic Delights before he emerged in a cloud of ash and dust. As soon as it cleared his atmospheric suit was all but gone, revealing the sharply toned P O W E R F U L form of the Skakoan fueled by raw untamed power invigorating him from the Palprotein.

"WOEEEEEEEEEEERRRRER- Magnus...an excellent first strike but you'd be foolish to think that your mortal hands can do anything to best me. Now come I do wish to see the damaging potential of this powder." He said, gesturing the Thyrsian toward him before rolling his shoulders. Invoking the Stormtrooper to charge toward him before standing still for a moment. All but appearing to be accepting of the man's next attack before he hefted his right leg into the air, before he fully extended the limb out, slamming it against the earth beneath with a seismic quad stomp that saw the muscles ripple with in toned aesthetic fury as he sent the sonic rupture through the city street and back toward the charging Thyrsian with the aim of throwing him back again to immediately encounter the effect of the attack the Thyrsian debuted this devastating exchange with.

Focus: Gat Tambor Gat Tambor

Charging through the ruined building of Xotic Delights, Adrial exited the hole in the club. People fled in sheer terror of what was to take place. A battle that transcended that of mere mortals. Nexu, Rancors, even the infamous sarlaac pits couldn’t hope to best the two individuals that met in combat. The civilians knew they didn’t stand a chance, all they could hope for was to weather the storm, nay the hurricane that was about to take place.

Rushing towards THE Almighty Skakoan time slowed. Possessing physique that not even The Ones could match, Tambor seemed to bend reality around himself. Each rippling striration a marvel, each visible vein a testimony to the temple that was his body. Then in a stomp he released the chimerical QUAD STOMP! It was said such a technique was impossible to perfect, yet this Skakoan had. Tears of joy, and envy fell from Adrial’s eyes as he looked upon the technique.

In the wake of the seismic energy, not even Adrial could withstand it. No force truly could. The shockwave tore into the Thyrisian’s very being, lifting him from his feet. It was like being cut hundreds of times in only a second. Slashes and gouts of blood sprang from the man’s body. Flung backwards, Adrial hurtled through the air at a speed resembling a proton torpedo. Slamming into a nearby building, dust, and debris shot free.

For a few seconds some of the crowd stopped to watch. Perhaps the Thyrisian had been put down. No, from the hole came an Adrial dressed in only a man thong. Eyes narrowing he nodded his head. “Impressive Mr. Tambor! But let me show you this.”

Placing one hand behind his head, other on his waist, Adrial’s side turned towards the Skakoan. With a flex and slightly leaning, Adrial flexed the entirety of his core up to his chest. The obliques pristine, the abdominals unmatched, the side chest shot godly. The air crackled with energy, the air detonating and extending towards the Skakoan, in its wake leaving a furrow over two meters deep in the earth.

// OBJECTIVE // R O I D _ R A G E

Disappointed, if only for the briefest of moments when it seemed the High Lord of Skako had bested the Thyrsian in finality and willed him unconscious. Chairman Director Foreman Senator (candidate) Gat Tambor had thought himself victorious until he saw the form of the Stormtrooper emerge from the dust and ruin. Gat Tambor's eyes narrowed before the beady amber gaze widened and fascination when he peered the A E S T H E T I C pose and perfect form flow through the Thyrsian. The aesthetic perfection nearly blinded the Skakoan outright.

The electric energy crackled in the air between them before a crater erupted at Gat Tambor's feet sending him buried into the earth beneath as the city streets and surrounding area shattered in ruin from the chaos. Whatever city was unfortunate enough to house Xotic Delights may very well not live to see the end of his conflict. Not with these two pillars of power contesting the streets.

Gat Tambor slowly rose to his feet before charging toward Adrial and propelling himself through the air toward Adrial landing infront of the Thyrsian with a stomp upon the earth, his form lowering down to a kneel before he slammed a fist into the ground beneath. Rising, his amber gaze met the Trooper's before speaking up.

"Impressive...very impressive, you have potential." The Skakoan said before he clapped his hands together, silencing the air between them, eventually letting those hands erupt in a rapid flurry of punches toward Adrial's chest.

Volgin Alto

V
OpRL.jpg
// ROOSTER // Purge Commando
// OBJECTIVE // Ride The Lightning
// FOCUS // OPEN

N5cG5gd.png
Too many, too many, too many. I wasn't designed for this. I had a greater purpose, I was one of the first. I could tell from the beginning that the now Sovereign Imperator hadn't full intended us to stay loyal. With those nanogenes taking over our body, I assumed the designated purpose of 'hunting Jedi' had a double edged sword. Sith weren't gonna be far off our scopes. I was right, that day we left, when I was called off an op on Yavin to hunt down a rogue Jedi me and the rest of Gauntlet were redirected out of the Empire. Nirauan.

On the way we were closed in on by interdictors. Had to board and fight them off ourselves. I had twelve more notches from S-IMP troopers and an X marks the spot from a fresh cloak. He must've been an acolyte, no older than twenty. His art of movement wasn't so good, it took a five round pulse of charric to put him down. Tough play for someone going up against Dagger. We'd been primed and ready to take out the Triumvirs. Allegedly. That was what the Chiss claimed at least, the both of them. Always weirded me out how many of them Tavlar picked out for the unit but it made sense when I last asked about it.

I heard right when the metal of the claw pried open the metal again. I could see why command wanted us boarding these ships instead of destroying them. Left more good materials for the big wigs in the core to turn into fresh destroyers but hell, did it feel like a risk. These metal capsules felt much more uncertain than solid ground. Because they were. Nothing but a few inches of steel, honeycombed composite and shielding protecting me and my unit from the void.

That mercenary, the first one to meet the breach. He wasn't ready when I put a foot against his chest and a pulse to his head. Ah well, better him than me. It was always a tough look, to look into the eyes of someone you kill...but I've gotten used to it.

// MOFF PREDOR //
//
PERSONAL STAR DESTROYER //

With the confirmation of Boram's plans on Garqi going through successfully, a contented smile began to rest on the bitter old man's face. A job well done for today. And as always came with a job well done, was a good deserved rest afterwards.

"Tea is ready, My Lord." The Chiss assistant took a quick bow as she held out the tray with the fine porcelain cup on it, offering it to the moff.

A nod and an acceptance of the cup would be all the affirmation the Chiss would receive, Boram was in far too good a mood to allow himself to be brought down having to talk to the help. A smug smile rested on his face as he made his way down the hall towards his bed chamber, the tea tasting far sweeter than it normally should. Today was a very productive day and he would rest well.

A quick end of the day workout to keep in shape, and stripping and showering to clean up before bed. His Chiss and Zeltron assistants helped slide on his coziest sleepwear as he put his feet in a comfortable pair of fuzzy slippers, sips of the tea in between the various states of dress. The little Loth wolves on his slippers were a personal favourite animal of his, a symbol of guidance in the world.

As his assistants climbed into bed, Boram took the time to go over to his terminal and turn on his favourite Lo-Fi channel "the bootless boy". The low beats helped him relax and get his R.E.M sleep more than any white noise would, a finger playing along with the beat as he walked over to his glass of warm milk and put it down quickly. Pulling down the face mask, he fell into the arms of both sleep and his mistresses.

A proper day's rest.

BYOO - Sneak and seek
Ord Canfre //
ExplorCorps Outpost
Mad Hatter

Ah hah! Here it was.

Her years of training as an Inquisitor made discoverability an all too easy feat for the slipperiest of locations. This outpost wasn't in that category, but it was worth noting nevertheless. No, no, this place wasn't hard to find at all. Those snivelling Ashla-followers didn't do well to conceal their foot prints.

The empirical defector trudged right up through the front door. There was no need to knock. This place was no longer as busy as it had once been. This threshold hadn't been crossed in years.

If the Jedi had found any traces of the Vahla scattered throughout the galaxy, it would be noted here. The cultist would seek out her nomadic brethren and resurrect them. Make a collection of them once again. Imbue them with the same destruction-hungry spirit that hungrily gnawed at her soul.

This would be the place. Vella was assured of it. As much of a nuisance as those who worshipped the opposing Tythonian moon as her, they were well organized. Or at least they had been at one point in history. The outpost she wandered through was testimony to that. Idly, her ruby gaze perused the navigational markings that were etched on the walls. Flickering projectors remained dimly lit. A gloved hand ran over a dimly lit screen, brushing away a layer of dust to reveal nonsensical garble beneath. A collection of historical data, translations in the midst of being completed.

Similar motions were repeated for several minutes, and she poked and peered around until a bolt of frustration radiated from her fingertips.

"I'd prefer if you didn't do that, actually." Someone spoke up meekly from the shadows.

Startled, flames gathered around Vella's fingertips, and she pointed an accusatory finger at the lurking stranger. "Who are you!"

The silhouette stepped into the light, their hands held up to plea for mercy. They were fragile, lithe, on the defensive. "Just an explorer, like you I guess."

The flames extinguished and she sniffed in disagreement. "Explorers are lost. I'm a hunter."

"What are you hunting?"

Trying to find usefulness for the lifeform that seemed keen on talking, Vella cocked her head in the direction of the random holograms around the sanctuary. "Can you read any of this?"

VK-462

V
OpRL.jpg
// VK-462 MSTRSGT WARLOCK //
// RIDE THE LIGHTNING //
// Tess Tess Lucina Centaris Lucina Centaris //

Yieda groaned. Unlike her counterpart, she was not looking forward to this operation. She absolutely disdained flying. Something always went wrong, be it a crash, getting hit, or being forced out of the side of a gunship only to land in an active firefight without a weapon. Luck hadn't exactly been on her side when aviation was involved. Being on a large ship wasn't nearly as bad, but having to get into a transport was far from ideal.

"I guess," she responded unenthusiastically, stepping into the transport ship. She stepped through the small unit of Nova Corps troopers and sat in one of wallbound seats. She brought the overhead straps down to buckle herself in. When the whirring of the engines grew louder and the ship began to rumble her eyes squeezed shut with discontent. "Fuck, I hate flying so much," she muttered to herself, gripping the bracing as tight as possible.

Volgin Alto

V

OpRL.jpg
// ROOSTER // Purge Commando
// OBJECTIVE // Ride The Lightning
// FOCUS // OPEN

N5cG5gd.png
If only that was the only goon brazen enough to look down the sights of one of us and levy his blaster up this might not have been so bad. That's part of what made boarding trips a different animal. On the ground, there was endless space to turn and run. Here- it was do or die unless you somehow memorized your route to the escape pods. These pirates rarely had these kinda boats all too long to get that far anyway. Not near Sith space that is. Say of the Sith what you well but they knew how to run clean trade routes, something we seemingly had a problem with. Not that it was our fault, these New Imps were still finding their stride and 'consolidating the realm'. In this part of space? Pirates were par the course. Just is what it is.

Our comms were vocoded and scrambled as per usual. Meant they were louder with the extra distortion but it worked as an intimidation tactic, lowlifes like these were typically more keen to book it when they heard those dreaded mismatched words. Turning down the corner they popped a smoke in this corridor, assuming it'd do anything with the helmets we had. The Hellion just like any of the New Imp patterns had the Acumen factory install which mean't we could seamlessly swap out for thermals and light them up. DK-577 'Bruiser' thought the move was to toss an imploder between three of them. It worked out for us, to his credit.

Paz Koon

P

OpSB.jpg

// ONE HAND KILLING //
// Knight Vasari / 'Seraphim' //
// SPIT OUT THE BONE //
//

N5cG5gd.png
Lambert sat quietly among the Ascalan hostages. He'd managed to slip in during a movement of captors from one place to another. Ascalan may not have had many citizens, but it was so large and spread out that no one thought it odd that they didn't recognize him. The large storehouse they were being held in was on the farthest outskirts of the settlement, opposite the point of attack for the rescue operation. With his hands both hidden in the sleeves of his coat, he tapped slowly on the device he wore on his left wrist. Morse code was sent through a hyper-encrypted frequency back to command, flying right under the radar of Damage Inc's communications. Coordinates and intel would hopefully be relayed back to the operatives at an appropriate pace.

<LOCATION CHARLIE SIX FOUR DELTA FOUR PATROLS EAST SOUTHEAST OSCAR NINER UNIFORM>
<COMMENCING LIBERATION>

As soon as a guard passed by where he was sitting on the cold concrete floor, Lambert sprung upright to his feet and pulled the guard forward with the force. The guard spun around and impacted back-first into Lambert. One arm tucked under his armpit to keep his weapon tied up, a milk-white hand wrapping over his mouth. With a push and pull, a loud gurgle and pop sounded as his neck snapped beneath the force of Lambert's grasp. His limp, paralyzed, but still living body fell into the Imperial Knight, held up as a personal shield. Lambert caught the weapon and began to fire at the five other guards in a wild spray. Caught off guard (heh), all of them were felled in one swift motion. The quelling at break-neck speed (heh x2) a testament to the power of the Imperial Knights.

The guard's limp body fell to the floor. "
Everyone willing and capable grab a weapon," he ordered, making his way for the front entrance of the storehouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
What filled the streets transcended a duel between Jedi and Sith, it made the latter look like a playground fist fight. What took place between THE Gat Tambor and Adrial Magnus would go down in the history books as perhaps the destruction of an entire city through their sheer might and presence. There was no better display of such a thing than when the Skakoan leapt from what should’ve been his grave and impacted the ground.

The impact of the beast was enough that some say it knocked the planet’s rotations slightly off kilter. The very ground beneath the two’s feet quaked in fear. The tides began to rise, and the moon above shined a crimson. The color of blood.

“Hit me with your best shot.” Adrial managed to get out before the Skakoan released an unholy barrage on him. It started out with five punches a second, then it went to ten, fifteen, then eventually it was at a hundred punches per second. Each blow struck with a resounding thoom that caused the earth to shatter, and the Thyrisian to constantly slide backwards.

Adrial tried to brace himself against the bombardment, yet even he felt pain. Each blow crashed into muscle leaving an intense burn and instant welts on the stormtrooper’s skin. He had to use his secret weapon before he died.

Shoving his hands into the sides of his man thong, his massive palms placed upon his shripped thighs, Adrial flared his back out. Some came to wonder if it was perhaps wings beginning to sprout from the warriors back, or perhaps a hidden jetpack. No, it was sheer muscle, his rounded Lats protruding so far you could see them from the front. Chest swelling and hardening, core tightening Adrial became a wall of beskar.

Feet buried into the ground, Adrial bore through the barrage, now each hit increasing in intensity to the point where the planet began to suffer from seismic activity. The reverberations of each impact shook the nearby buildings, glass exploded outwards, and a fissure began to open in the ground.

Gat Tambor Gat Tambor

unknown_7.jpg

// Nephilim //
// Orbiting Ord Canfre //
// Objective // Contact Spencer Varanin Spencer Varanin //

N5cG5gd.png

Silence filled the space surrounding Errant, his room devoid of entertainment. He stared up at the ceiling, one leg hanging off the bed, kicking aimlessly as if something of interest might take shape randomly. Unfortunately, nothing appeared to take the Imperial Knight's attention. Instead, he maintained eye contact with the slate-gray surface above him, mentally tracing designs out of the durasteel. His mind wandered beyond the nothingness happening around him, images of a battle taking shape within his imagination. Dunes of rolling sand stretched for miles, the grainy particles stained with crimson ichor, marking the site of the ongoing struggle. Banners of all shapes and sizes fluttered in the wind, appearing to dance alongside the crescendo of battle. Piercing light erupted from the crossing of silver and crimson sabers. Imperial Knights clashed with darkly cloaked Sith, striking them down with the cold efficiency instilled in them by their commanding officers. At the tip of the spear stood Errant, one hand holding tight to the uniform saber hilt of his favored weapon, while the other hoisted the New Imperial Order's insignia high.

The day-dream went on a while longer, eventually seeing Errant strike down the Lord in charge of the Sith's dogged defense. The nondescript head rolled away, bouncing like a child's ball as it descended deeper into the dunes, disappearing to the cloud of dust kicked up from the battle. Errant looked back to the men at his charge, all familiar faces, all brothers in arms. Lambert, Dorian, Rurik, and even Zovesa cheered in unison, the Sith defeated, their stalwart champion striking yet another blow against the tides of darkness. He deactivated the saber and returned it to his side. No longer locked in whatever struggle he imagined for himself, Errant allowed his vision to shift away from the glory of victory, panning across the horizon to focus on the silhouette of a lone wanderer. Though time surely would've changed his father, Errant could still vividly recall Ven's face. Angular features denoting his mixed heritage, long silver hair, braided expertly, a callback to the many cultures he studied to perfect his favored style of combat, but most of all, a pair of kind, blue eyes. Like the sky above, Errant remembered how easy it was to lose himself in his father's gaze. Behind that warm kindness, the younger Echani could see the truth of his father's life. Wars fought without end, countless deaths, all weighing on the lost man's shoulders. It appeared endless to Errant, littered with unanswered questions.

Tearing himself away from the memories of his father, Errant sat up almost instantly, his eyes snapping to the holoprojector atop his desk. He hopped up and skittered across the room, hastily tapping away at the device before his bottom made contact with his seat. It didn't take long for the Imperial Knight to plug in the proper information necessary to reach his mother, Spencer Varanin. He hadn't spoken to her in months, maybe longer. A hint of guilt took hold of him, dropping like a heavy stone into the pit of his stomach. It took several long minutes of focused breathing to shake that concern away long enough to activate the holodevice and engage the long-distance capabilities of his communications-link. He waited excitedly for several seconds, those seconds soon stretching into minutes, the mixture of excitement and anxiety a constant up until his mother's form finally took shape before him.

"Mom!" Errant nearly jumped out of his seat, likely maintaining his composure due to the more rigid expectations aboard his traveling home. "I know I haven't reached out since leaving, but I wanted to ask you some questions about dad," his shoulders drooped a bit, stoicism falling away to reveal the storm of emotions inside her son. "But first; how have you been? Are you well? How is the other one?" the final question came out with Errant's typical attitude towards Spencer's absentee-wife, a woman who tried, and failed, to act as a guide and second mother-figure to the former Prince.

N5cG5gd.png

BYOO - Sneak and seek
Ord Canfre // ExplorCorps Outpost

The lurker didn't seem to concern themselves with the fact she deviated from answering the question. They were mostly relieved the menacing glow around her fingertips had extinguished. With her question, they took it as an invitation to emerge further from the confines of the shadowy veil.

It was frustratingly vague to the traveller. Being able to read this wasn't very specific. There were bountiful texts all around the facility that they'd poured over in recent weeks, making the mostly abandoned outpost their home.

"What are you loo--hunting for?"

"Anything on whereabouts of Vahla."

"Ah, the nomadic nation. Cursed to wander through the stars."

Tight-lipped, the tattooed cultist didn't validate the attempted observation. If the outpost's vagrant was looking to seek companionship, the former Empirical inquisitor would not be it.

Absence of conversation was enough of a hint for the vagrant, who was still deeply uncomfortable, to meander to a spot that they'd found some scribblings that might interest her. "As you probably know, this outpost was abandoned by The Jedi."

Vella couldn't prevent her lip from curling in disdain at the very mention of Jedi.

"They took much with them, and left this space for those coming and going who might find interest in the histories they'd recorded." He felt like a mouse, being watched by a cat. Was talking buying himself time? Was this more harmful than helpful? It was difficult to tell, so he glanced nervously over his shoulder to the blood-coloured gaze of the pale woman in black. He shuddered, and looked back away. "Vahla have always been elusive. If you don't mind my observation, it's remarkable to see one in the flesh. Your tattoos must mean you're dedicated to The Goddess. What is the organization called? Fires of Vahl?"

Despite herself, Vella shook her head. She wasn't interested in engaging in a discourse, but any opportunity to expand on the influence of the once powerful warrior tribe was not to be missed, even if it never left this outpost. It was her obligation. "Embers of Vahl." Her correction was curt.

"Ah yes, that's it. Rolls off the tongue much better -- look, here. An account -- whichever Jedi penned this had actually been found by a Vahl hunter. Not the other way around. They managed to escape...."

"Pity."

"...They managed to escape. Which..whatever your opinion of Jedi might be..."
apparently, not great "..Means they were able to detail this interaction. Seems to have happened somewhere in the..Azurbani system. About...hmmm...five hundred years ago."

A heavy groan rumbled from the laconic woman. She approached behind the reader, peering at the text as if her hateful watch would change the letters on the screen. They were steadfast, unflickering. "Is there anything more recent, can you keyword search?"

"I can try. If you...you're making me nervous being this close."

"Don't be nervous, just efficient."

// OBJECTIVE // ROID RAGE

Each strike landed with the force of an asteroid impact onto Adrial's pectorals with the rapidly ascending pace of each haymaker into the Thyrsian's chest.

No.

No.

No.

IMPOSSIBLE.

When the Thyrsian flexed his impeccably A E S T H E T I C form to channel raw power through his body and absorb the rapidfire blows of the Skakoan. Abruptly, they stopped, a singular fist resting still against the Thyrsian's chest before his amber gaze slowly lifted to lock with the Stormtrooper's, from which point the Director of the Trade Federation let off a menacing laughter. Lowering himself down to a kneel again he surged from the earth into a jump that escalated nearly five feet into the air.

Jerking his legs back the Skakoan continued his laughter before he slammed both of his legs against Adrial's chest in a vicious kick to his chest that may very well send the man veering off into flight from the sheer power that Gat Tambor channeled into the attack before he eventually landed on his feet once more unto the ground beneath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom