Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Dirty Deeds, Done For Free?

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
The Dresuoti was abuzz with activity today. Normally the hustle and bustle of the small settlement was fairly minimal, both due to attempts to keep their location relatively hidden and the fact that the population wasn't too large, but now the cult was out and about in full force. Armed Legionnaires stood at the ready near the landing pads along the eastern side of the canyon, even more patrolled the settlement itself. A pair of repulsorlift transports were the main area of attraction, parked near the wall's entrance and having their last checks being done as the technicians fluttered around the vehicles.

Alisteri himself stood near the landing pads, the Legionnaires before him eagerly awaiting the order to move to the front of the settlement and board the transports. Today would be their first excursion out to try and peacefully negotiate with some Formos natives. The city was barely an hour's journey away so it was only natural that it be their first mission. They had a good impression to make, so the Knight was intent on bringing a respectable force to show that his promises of protection was legitimate.

"High Priest." A cultist saluted, a datapad in their other hand as the masked man turned to look at his follower. "A ship is inbound to the planet, I've transmitted the coordinates to our location as you requested." The Sith nodded and turned around to peer up in some attempt to spot the approaching ship. Their mission had one last member that they were waiting on, and it seemed like he would arrive soon.

"Good work. Head back to the cathedral and resume your duties. Legionnaires!" The cultist bowed and took their leave as the Legion tensed and stood still. "Head to the transports and board them, I shall greet our guest personally and we'll move out when we're both in our seats." Without any delay the Legion turned to face the front of the settlement and began marching single file towards the repulsorlifts. As they left Alisteri's gaze narrowed on the sky.

"Let's see who Alina's recruited this time..."

Kyrilu Storm-wracked Kyrilu Storm-wracked

Kyrilu brought the Aegis down towards the settlement below, barely paying attention to what his hands were doing as he let his instinctual piloting skills take over while he wrestled with his thoughts. He could scarcely believe he was here, apprenticed to a Sith and sent on an errand to earn the right to use his very own lightsaber. If he had been told even a month ago that this would be his new life, he'd likely have laughed and sworn to die first, but Alina had shown him the truth. About himself, and how his inner emotions and desires were always driving him down this path. That kind of power and strength in someone else was hard to argue with.

Ky broke himself from his reverie as he banked the ship down towards the landing pads, seeing a line of soldiers tramping off single file and a lone figure standing near the landing pad he had been directed to, staring resolutely up at the approaching ship. He put the ship down and made his way to the ramp, striding down confidently to meet...who was this intimidating, masked figure waiting to greet him. Ky had been given a name and told to assist the Knight with whatever he required in order to learn how to bleed his lightsaber crystal. He was given no other information, a fact Ky chafed at even though he knew this was a test of his loyalty.

Stopping a few yards in front of the masked figure, he simply nodded his head once.

"Knight Haxim?"

Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Alisteri crossed his arms behind his back as the ship landed in front of him, idly running his gaze over the vessel a moment before the pilot climbed out of it. Despite all the years that he had known Alina he had never had the chance to meet one of her apprentices. And the first one to meet his gaze would be a former Jedi no less, looking back on the situation with hindsight it was almost funny.

His eyes never left the apprentice as he walked down the ramp and stopped before him, returning the nod. "You must be Kyrilu. Welcome to Formos." One of his hands gestured to the settlement behind him as he spoke. Not every detail about the new Sith had been relayed to him, not that he had asked for it, but Alina had been clear on his purpose and reason for being here. "Lady Tremiru told me that I could count on you for a helping hand around here. I hope you're ready to begin at once, we have a ride awaiting us already." He had a resolve to break.

Without further explanation he turned on his heel and began walking away from the landing pads and towards the entrance to the settlement. "Come along, we can discuss more on the way."

Kyrilu was briefly taken aback at the greeting before he followed along.

"Polite for a Sith, aren't you?" Ky said, a mirthless smile on his lips. He took in his immediate surroundings, impressed at the industrious bustling settlement he had landed in. He was aware of the dangerous traffic a planet like Formos could invite, but even to Ky's senses there were an awful lot of guards for a settlement this size. Maybe the usual sarcastic routine wasn't such a great idea after all.

"Capable errand boy, at your service, Ser Knight," Ky said, striding alongside Knight Haxim towards what he thought was the entrance to the settlement. "Am I leaving so soon?"

He needed something from Knight Haxim, but as he'd recently learned in one of the most painful ways possible: old habits do, indeed, die hard.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
The remark drew a small scoff from the masked man, not to mention a roll of his eyes, but his response was a calm one. "Diplomacy and courtesy are not foreign to the Sith, they are simply rare." From what he had seen of Jedi there wasn't a similar skill set. The townsfolk only gave the pair passing glances as they made their towards the walls that kept the settlement safe from the rest of the planet, with the last of the Legionnaires loading up into the repulsorlifts as they came into view.

"Yes, we are. Normally I would have you shown around the place but I have a mission that you can help with. Nothing too dangerous of course, I hear you're not allowed to use your blade." There was a bit of amusement in his voice at that, as if he found the apprentice's situation to be something of a joke. Perhaps he did in some way.

Alisteri stepped onto the nearest transport and sat down in one of the few unoccupied seats, all but one other having a cultist sitting there already. "We have a city in dire need of some assistance, something to do with a gang or raiders or something like that. We're going to wipe them out."

Kyrilu followed the Knight towards a set of repuslorlift transports currently occupied by the soldiers Ky had seen filing away from the landing pad on his descent. They moved with purpose as they took their seats, which combined with the uniform nature of their armour and their full-face, impassive helmets portrayed them more like a small, professional military force rather than simple settlement guards.
"Yes, we are. Normally I would have you shown around the place but I have a mission that you can help with. Nothing too dangerous of course, I hear you're not allowed to use your blade."

"We have a city in dire need of some assistance, something to do with a gang or raiders or something like that. We're going to wipe them out."
Ky frowned at the remark but bit back the first reply that came to mind.

"I don't need a weapon to be dangerous; I'm no passenger here, Knight," he said, unable to disguise the edge in his voice.

"We have a city in dire need of some assistance, something to do with a gang or raiders or something like that. We're going to wipe them out."

Ky nodded, taking the last seat on the transport.

"There's that Sith attitude. Once we're finished, I'd like a word in private. There's something I need from you in return."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"We'll see about that." Any good warrior could operate fine without their weapon, Force Users especially. The soldiers glanced at the new Sith as he entered and took a seat, one of them knocking on the cockpit's door once both the Sith had sat down. The transport's door slid closed and the sound of the gate opening could be heard.

"Oh? A request?" The masked Knight cocked his head to the side slightly as he peered at the apprentice. "Bold. I can respect that. I'll hear you out when we get back, provided you perform well enough."

Alisteri had a couple ideas about what would most likely be asked of him but he didn't know for sure. The transports soon sped out of the settlement, heading for the nearest city to complete their mission. "Did you have any questions before we get to our destination? I don't need you confused in the midst of battle."

"I'll be sure not to disappoint, Knight," Kyrilu said as the doors slid shut. The repulsor engines sooned purred to life and Kyrilu felt the transport lurch into action.

"Questions? Many. It's answers I'm in short supply of these days," he said, reflexively running a hand through his hair.

Ky subtly shifted his senses outwards, not actively intruding on the soldiers' thoughts but more to glean their surface emotions. He was aware of how little he had come to value the gift he had been born with, relying on it only in times of dire need, but since coming into contact with Lady Tremiru his world view had been completely shattered. Being entirely severed from the force was the most wretched, harrowing experience he had never imagined, but experience it he had. He would do anything to avoid a repeat, and that meant becoming powerful enough to be able to counter such an ability. Small, progressively greater, uses of his power was a fine start, but he feared it would not be near fast enough. I have to make the most of my time away from Lady Tremiru.

"Is this a simple search and destroy mission? I have other, more subtle, skills I made quite the career out of, if you have more than just dead raiders in mind."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
The Legionnaires were fairly easy to read from even an basic probing, clearly not used to having someone peering at them with the Force. Most of them were resolute and determined, ready to finish the mission and return home. Others were eager to prove themselves, whether to one another or their leader varied, and another handful were content in merely following orders. All in all they wanted to get to the action.

"Our main objective is to wipe out these criminals yes, but to overlook whatever information they have would be foolish." Alisteri shifted and nodded to the apprentice. "If they have any hidden alcoves or terminals that could lead us to more of their kind then feel free to pilfer as you wish. I doubt they are completely unaware of other criminals and gangs."

Any information on Formos in general would be useful of course, but that went without saying. Knowledge was power and power was necessary to survive, it was as simple as that.

"What skills do you have in particular?"

The emotions Kyrilu gleaned from the soldiers were encouraging. None were overly nervous at his presence, largely ignorant of him in fact, which meant Knight Haxim was not likely to be luring him into some trap.

Kyrilu nodded his acknowledgement of the Knight's instructions. "Hidden terminals are my specialty. I can slice into any system, and if there's anything of interest you can bet I'll find it, whatever the security."

"Slicing, security systems or something more live," he gestured to the vibrosword sheathed at his hip.

"I can also be a hell of a lot more subtle than two transports full of soldiers, if need be. No offence, you lot," he said with a short laugh.

"Impressive set up, back there. All your work?"

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"A slicer eh? Good. None of my soldiers have such a skillset." They knew how to fire weapons and sing prayers to the Dark Side, it was pretty much the only hard requirements for his Legion. Alisteri himself had little patience for dealing with security, if he couldn't sneak around it then he would simply carve through it. Something that he needed to work on in the future.

The masked Knight surprisingly chuckled at the remark and nodded, his Legionnaires seeming indifferent. "You're not wrong, but if I was after subtlety I would have done this mission myself. This isn't a simple purging just for the sake of it."

He gestured to the transport and his soldiers as he spoke. "We're trying to prove a point. That we are dependable, that the Sith can be the saviors and guardians that Formos needs. Just like we used to be on Dromund Kaas and a dozen other worlds. Protection for the common folk is a thing best done in the common eye, so that criminal and civilian alike can see how we back up our claims."

Fear was such a powerful piece of leverage after all.

"Oh the settlement? Mostly yes. The landing pads, the wall, and the junk were all there already, we merely expanded upon them and started building housing and whatnot. There was also a little cantina set up there too but we dismantled it for materials." The previous owners left them plenty to work with.

"It's all rudimentary for now of course. I'm hoping this city can provide access to proper building supplies and equipment, there's only so much that can be done with hammers and welders."

"We're trying to prove a point. That we are dependable, that the Sith can be the saviors and guardians that Formos needs. Just like we used to be on Dromund Kaas and a dozen other worlds. Protection for the common folk is a thing best done in the common eye, so that criminal and civilian alike can see how we back up our claims."

"I understand. Show your hand once, then let them all wonder what more you might have hidden up your sleeve." Kyrilu had tried his best to stay out of the limelight and avoid any mention of galactic affairs for years, so refrained from remarking on the Dromund Kaas comment. He didn't want to put his foot in it without knowing what he was talking about.

"You have grand ambitions for Formos, then? Admirable," Ky said, then realised he was skating round what he wanted to talk about.

"Lady Tremiru, my.....Master. You have worked with her before?"

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Alisteri nodded in agreement with the statement, slightly surprised that the apprentice understood his intent. For the most part anyway. Then again he supposed that showing off as guardians of the people, whether or not they actually meant it, wasn't a foreign concept to Jedi. "Grand ambitions? No. I am merely bringing knowledge and safety to the people." Whether they wanted it or not.

He gave the other Sith a look out of the corner of his eye at the question, inclining his head as if he was remembering something. "Oh yes, Lady Tremiru and I have worked together for years now."

Worked together was admittedly an understatement but he didn't bother elaborating too much. "She is a very dangerous woman, and a cunning Sith." His masked gaze turned to the apprentice once more. "You should feel lucky Kyrilu, she is not a cruel master like many of our peers." For a moment his tone slipped into a deadly note, as if he had admitted to murder or some other vile act.

Then he nonchalantly turned back to stare out of the transport's window. "What do you know of our ways?"

Kyrilu almost scoffed at the notion of a sith bringing safety to anyone, the reaction ingrained within him from his years before Lady Tremiru. He nodded when the Knight spoke of his master. He could personally testify to her lethality - the scar on his jaw from her incredible strength was still fresh.

"Lucky is...an interesting word for the change in direction my life has taken recently, but you are right. Cruelty does not seem to be her method of control," he said, not entirely lying but not revealing his true feelings. Not yet. The edge in the Knight's words seemed to Ky part advice, part warning, one he was sure to take to heart. He was hoping for any nugget of information on his master he could potentially use to his benefit, and the Knight had unknowingly just offered one up.

"Beyond these scars you see," Ky said, gesturing to his face and bared midsection which revealed the thick, webbed force lightning scars which had earned him his first pseudonym, "for which I was named Storm-wracked, so far I know little of the Sith ways. I had hoped to learn something during my time here, Knight"

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
The Knight noted the response with a small hum but didn't comment or reply, simply acknowledging what the apprentice had said. In all honesty, while Alina was far beyond the typical cruelty of the Sith, she was not beyond cruelty itself. One did have to possess some level of violence and sadism in their line of work. To what extent that side of the Lady Tremiru would be seen by her apprentice, he couldn't guess.

Not yet anyway.

"Ah, I had been wondering about those." The scars had been fairly evident of course but there was little reason to question them. He supposed that they had to be earned one way or another regardless. "Well then you are in luck yet again, apprentice Storm-wracked, teaching the word of the Sith is an area I take great pride in." He nodded to one of his soldiers as he spoke, the Legionnaire's armors all bearing the familiar sigil of the Sith on their shoulders.

It was a symbol that they were proud to wear, one that they had learned to fight under and raise up high. Such was the way of the cult they belonged to. "Has Lady Tremiru at least had you learn the code? It is a very basic foundational piece. One of the few that still matter in this day and age."

"My Master does nothing by accident, it seems," Kyrilu said. He was pleased at the Knight's enthusiasm - or what he guessed was enthusiasm from behind the full-face mask. Having to draw out every tiny piece of learning and knowledge was not something he enjoyed under the tutelage of his deceased master. In fact he distinctly remembered loathing Master Valens every time he felt a lesson coming on.

He nodded in response to the Knight's question.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me," he recited. He had committed it to memory on the journey to Formos, but, as with the Jedi code, simply knowing the words was not enough, not even close. If Knight Haxim was as devout a follower of the Sith ways, Ky knew he would do well to listen first to the Knight before throwing his own nascent opinions out there.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
A laugh left him at that remark as he nodded, knowing just how true the statement was. Accident and Alina hardly ever went together, especially when it came to people. She was careful about those she allowed close, he knew that from personal experience. He was starting to see a few glimmers of potential in the apprentice, but he wasn't about to let him off that easily.

"Good. That's the start of any true Sith's journey." He gestured to the other's lightsaber as he continued. "Anyone can kill. Anyone can be a vengeful warrior. A fair amount of people are blessed enough with the Force to use it. But not everyone can become a Sith."

The Legionnaires shifted, some of them tilting their heads up or leaning forwards in their seats. They were listening intently now. "The lie of peace, one that so many would covet and strive for. But there is no peace. The galaxy is that of struggle and strife, of nature and chaos. One must throw off such a concept to survive. It will only drag you down, chasing that which will never be yours."

The Knight raised up a finger and nodded to the window in front of them. "Think of our mission now. The people of Formos have no greater rule than themselves, no obligation but to one another, and still there are those that would hunt and abuse them. Some of these criminals were likely once neighbors, colleagues, friends, but now they're a threat. One that we shall extinguish."

Kyrilu smiled as the Knight laughed. The man was easy to talk to, polite, but he was also a Sith Knight. A dangerous person to take lightly, no matter how personable the outward appearance. Still, Ky was glad of the Knight's company for now as he began his lesson.

Ky listened, finding himself nodding alongside the soldiers who had pressed forwards in their seats to pay attention to their leader. Knight Haxim was erudite and well-spoken, and clearly passionate and devout in his beliefs, given the conviction in his voice. Ky didn't need to probe the Knight with the force to understand that. His certainty in the ideals he espoused was infectious, clarifying for Ky a connection between the Code and his own experience he was unable to see before.

"Peace was the fantasy I chased for years after I left the Jedi. In the name of simple survival I had become a coward. In my struggles against my Master's tightening grip, the conflagration I felt coursing through my body once I confronted my fears was... intoxicating." Ky said. He felt a measure of his power, still dulled from his master's severing, return to him as he spoke.

He nodded, a small smile on his face. "Peace is a lie, there is only passion. This, I understand. Thank you."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"Conquering your fears, becoming master over your doubt, these are vital to finding your place in the Force." For a moment he idly recalled how liberating it had felt to strike down his own fears, carving into his enemies with lightning and blade. "That feeling will only grow with time. Just be careful not to let it cloud your mind apprentice, the path of the Sith all to often leads to pride and damnation."

As he spoke he stood, gripping onto the transport's rail above the seats as he nodded to his soldiers. "Look alive, we're in town." Soon enough the transport came to a halt and the ramp lowered, the Legionnaires filing out in an orderly fashion ahead of the Sith. Beyond the threshold of the ramp lay their destination, what appeared to be a city center with a few market stalls and glowing signs advertising business being visible.

"Let us see how strong your passion has made you, Storm-wracked." Alisteri nodded to his fellow Sith and stepped past him, out into the light of day without any fear or shame. No true Sith felt such things anyway.

"Fan out and form a perimeter Legionnaires, no one gets out of that building alive."

Kyrilu nodded. It was sage advice, and he would endeavour to be mindful of it. He thought on the Knight's words the rest of the journey until the transport settled down, the soldiers marching smartly into the daylight. As Knight Haxim strode from the transport, Ky took a moment to secure the vibrosword sheathed at his utility belt and the blaster pistol in its underarm holster.

Ky stepped out into the stink of civilisation, the background hubbub of masses of people going about their business bounced around the rock-and-metal environment before reaching his ears. Larger cities always assaulted his senses, both physical and ethereal, to the point he needed a moment upon arrival to settle himself and focus his force sight into a smaller sphere of perception. He approached the Knight, watching as the soldiers took up defensive positions around one of the buildings.

He drew his vibrosword with a flourish in his right hand, pistol gripped in his left. "Time for some fun."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom