Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diplomacy at its Finest (Republic Dominion of Hapes)

Hapes.jpg

HAPES ORBIT

Chancellor of the Republic Aurelia Saelari looked down on the peaceful blue world below her. She had come not to fight a war, but to negotiate a peaceful annexation of the Hapes Cluster into the Republic. She was wise enough to know however that such things were rarely so simple.

While the Jedi Order had sent many of its strongest masters to vie with the Sith, the Republic's main forces along with some of the other Jedi would be coming to Hapes to oversee the integration of the cluster.

It was almost time to descend and meet the rulers of Hapes. Aurelia hoped that things would not be too...unpleasant.

"Ready my shuttle," she ordered. Perhaps a comment was due here. "They will bend to us," she said, mainly because her writer makes obscure references.

Carmen Dax

C
Carmen would be charged to Guard Chancellor Aurelia. She was to be with her at all times and to watch over to make sure nobody tried any funn buissnes. She accepted hoping that this would get her brownie points to find a master or even get promoted. She was wearing cermional robes from being infrom of the Chancellor. and the fact that they were meeting the Hapes. She wanted to make sure that she was dressed approeatly. She was in the back of the room watching the Chancellor when she said "Ready my shuttle"

Carmen talked into her com saying "Ready the Shuttle." She then answered the chancellor "Your ship is waiting ma'm."

"Thank you, Padawan. It is so pleasing to see a Jedi who is both helpful and present," Aurelia said with a warm smile.

Walking down to the shuttle bay she boarded her transport. It was, as one would expect, an advanced and well made craft. Other political, Jedi and military delegates would take their own shuttles down. Along with herself and the Jedi her elite bodyguards would be going with them as well, leaving little room for others.

Aurelia buckled herself in as the ship sealed and started to lift off. "So, Padawan, how goes your Jedi training?" Aurelia asked. Making small talk was a key part of a politician's role.

Carmen Dax

C
Carmen followed the Chancellor to her ship. It was elegent and yet modern. She liked the glossy finish on the ship. There were some "Elites" is what she would like to call bodyguards that were for Politicians or high ranking officals. THey were with them as their bodyguards. She then sat down in a seat across from her and buckled in.

She answered her question "Its okay. Right now I'm looking for a Master to train me." Carmen was slightly nervous talking to the Chancelor of the Republic. It was hard to look ar her with out shivering. She had this aura around her that stated "I have the power here, and you are below me." So when she was talking to her, Carmen felt as though she was messing with powers that she shouldnt be even near.

Aurelia nodded understandingly. "Come, come! Are the Jedi so short of masters that they cannot train even a fine young woman such as you? Such a shame. I wish you all the luck in finding a Master who can make you a true and proper Jedi Knight."

The Chancellor was a little annoyed too, that instead of a Jedi Master she'd been sent a teacherless Padawan as her guard. Still, at least Carmen wouldn't be so stuffy as most of the Jedi Masters Aurelia had met.

Carmen Dax

C
"Yes they are short on masters. Its strange though that someone couldnt train me. I thought the Jedi were abound and numberous, But I was wrong." Carmen continued. She didnt like it how she grew up in a time where Jedi were everywhere. and now they have dissapeared. She would none the less still look for one.

"I'd like to thank you for that commpliment, but I dont think I would be a good knight right now. I still need to train some more."

"Of course, my dear. None of us becomes what we are without training and experience. One day you will be a fine Jedi, I am sure. I will talk to Master Efreet and see if I can't help you find a Master to train you."
Aurelia smiled reassuringly. She didn't think of herself as that bad...unless confronted by idiots. There were a lot of those however.

Carmen Dax

C
Carmen smiled at that thought. Maybe she could even be trained by Teferi Himself! the thought intregued her. "Yes and thank you for your help." Carmen thougth about the task that was ahead of her now. If she could prove herself then maybe she could get a master. "Procede to planetside Pilot." Carmen said into her comlink. They had to be at the meeting on time.

Hanna smiled and waited for the arrival of the Chancellor, as she had been at her home in Hapes, until the meeting to ready things. She stood by her mother, and nearby was the Queen Mother of the Hapes Consortium. She waited patiently yet was eager to see her new boss. She had some of the Queen's bodyguards now, that she was here as a Republic and Hapes person, she was afforded much better protection.

The Chancellor's ship came in to land at the Fountain Palace, under watch from guards and fighters craft. "Follow my orders, Padawan, and don't speak unless spoken to. The Hapans are arrogant, touchy and proud, so the aim is not to insult them, while showing we are the stronger party," Aurelia told Carmen.

As the ship touched down Aurelia stood, looking as much the Queen Mother as the ruler of Hapes. She knew that her Vice Chancellor would be waiting as she walked down onto the landing platform.
"Vice Chancellor, so nice to see you. I must say you are looking most exquisite today," she greeted Hanna.

(OOC EDIT: I had a mixup. Did not realize I was not allowed to be in both the Dominion thread and the Invasion thread. Since I was in the invasion thread first, I will have to back out of this one. My apologies everyone. Please ignore the parts of Hanna's post that include me, and give her time to edit me out of it.)

@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Aurelia Saelari @[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Carmen Dax @[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Ryori Za'tire
Hanna smiled as she saw the Chancellor, it was good to see another familiar face. " Nice to see you to Chancellor, You look wonderful as well"
She still couldn't believe she was so important a person, she was torn about her loyalties though she was sort of the bridge between the two parties here. She also had been treated better than ever before while here. Hanna needed to get use to this all.

(Aww...shame. Anyway...we'll meet again Ryori!)

Aurelia smiled. "Very nice of you to say so, Ms Lissiri."

Together they walked inside, flanked by Republic and Hapan guards. In order to meet the Queen Mother there were certain protocols that had to be observed, but Aurelia had refused anything which put her below the Queen Mother. She was, after all, the leader of the Republic, and would not bow to any mere monarch.

"Follow my lead, Hanna. This could get rather...intense," Aurelia told the girl softly.

" It can't be that bad, but after you" She said wondering why. It was beautiful in the court, as was the whole planet, most of it being untouched wilderness, the small cities like this one that were on the planet were just as beautiful as the people who lived in them. The elegant throne room was where they met the Queen Mother, who was a stunning example of the selective breeding that occurred in Hapes. she of course bowed to the Queen Mother, as she was her Queen Mother, first and foremost when they got to her.

Aurelia made no comment at the apparent optimism of her companion. Few planets or people gave up their autonomy freely, especially not a isolationist and proud group like the Hapans.

They entered the throneroom where the Queen Mother Tasira sat in state, surrounded by guards, courtiers and other notables. Most of them were female, for Hapes was a Matriarchy where men were second class citizens. Hapes itself had not suffered as much as other areas during the Dark Ages, employing violent quarantine to prevent the Gulag Virus reaching them. The loss of trade and contact with outside had weakened the cluster though, and they were no longer the power they had once been. That might change though, and the Republic was there to see it done.

"The Chancellor of the Republic, Lady Aurelia Saelari," a herald called.
Those assembled inclined their heads. However when the Queen Mother rose, the Hapans knelt until she clapped her hands for them to rise.
Aurelia had inclined her head, but had not knelt. She was the Chancellor, not some vassal.
"Welcome to the Jewel of the Galaxy, Chancellor," Queen Mother Tasira said.
"Thank you, Majesty, it is indeed a wondrous place. I thank you in the name of the Republic, and request an audience with your majesty to discuss matters of state."
"It shall be so. Come, Lady Aurelia, we will discuss these matters in private."

Almost unnoticed a tall woman had been watching and now stormed out, followed by several others. Aurelia knew them from her briefing as Tasira's daughter, son in law and other nobles opposed to this meeting. Things might well get...interesting.

Flint Pherson

F
Outside

"...Haha. Oh no Commander. Fear not. You and I are much safer out here. We shouldn't weary ourselves with the stately business of our betters. It is far better to leave our wise women to such important matters. Trust me. Our rough skin would only get in the way."

Flint offered a frown at the elvish fellow leaning against the railing next to him. It seemed the men of the lower court had found their topic of the afternoon. And it wasn't pretty.

"...And. How does that work exactly, Minister Meir? The women. I mean."

"You don't know? Well now. We can't have that, now can we. Come. Stand here Commander gaze out across the city that is our abode. Do you see this beauty. This wisdom and power. That, my good friend. Is woman. They are the power of life and of creation. The power of society and order. And without them there would be no great city as you see it before you now. There would be only the rune of man."

"Uh huh. So you um... Speak with such passion Minister. You must truly believe that. I see."

Flint raised an eyebrow as the glittering Minister swayed back and forth across the balcony. Gesturing grandly in his white and silver robes.

"...Oh but we do Commander. And I'm somewhat surprised at your hesitancy? After all, is not your great Chancellor a woman? Does she not guide you like the Revered Mother guides us? ...I must say. It is pleasing to note that the Republic is lead by one such woman. I do hope it becomes a rather endearing tradition among your peoples. Just a... A healthy observation of course."

"Ahem. Yes well. We tend to judge our leaders by their capabilities. Not their um... Sex. If you follow me."

"Ah yes. Oh! But to be the better sex indeed. ...Ya know? Some days I wake up and truly wish that I had been born a woman. Oh yes. I believe that. As do many of us here. For we respect beauty, power, and a ladies finesse above all else. Our weak male hands are just not made to hold the harps of life, I suppose."

"Right. I ugh... I'm sure that must vex you greatly. Or... Not. I'm not sure. Ahem. What do you do again?"

"Oh. Come now Commander. Silly little me. I've flustered you haven't I. Oh no. My apologies. I speak too freely in my own home. A Minister should know better when entertaining guests. Come. Come. Walk with me. I have many other grand vistas and sights to show you. And fear not. For it will just be you and me. Just the boys. Being boys."

"Yeahhh. ...Something, like that."

Flint clenched his jaw and shook his head. He'd had enough of these pretty lads and their ocarina-strumming boy bands to last a lifetime. Beauty... Feh. Love... Ugh. the merry jubilation of men's fashion... Oh kark it all. I think I'm going to be sick. Flint wanted nothing more than to just grunt and just punch this sissy boy right in the kisser. Now that thought, brought a smile to his face indeed.

"...I'm sorry? What was that Commander? Did you say something?"

"Oh. No. Just uh... Just wishful thinking. Carry on. I'll be... Right behind you. Hm."

It was going to be a long day.

While Flint had a merry time with the feckless effetes which made up the male side of the court, Aurelia was led into a private meeting room.

Since Hapans had a problem even with low light the room was unnecessarily bright. Along with the Queen Mother were several ministers and officials, @[member="Carmen Dax"] and @[member="Hanna Lissiri"] and of course Aurelia.

"I would have it known that this is not a submission or surrender," the Queen Mother said firmly. "What we are doing is not becoming your thralls, we are joining the Republic in the hopes of mutual gain. Hapes does not need protection, but if we may help free the galaxy from darkness we may help the Republic in this cause."

Aurelia smiled and nodded her head. Privately she thought the QM protested too much. The Sith or Mandos would eventually look at Hapes, and both women knew that the Republic was preferable to either.
"Of course not, Majesty. This is a scheme of mutual benefit. Hapes will retain internal autonomy, and will have a voice in government of the Republic." She looked to Hanna briefly. "In time of war though, we will count upon your support."
"If it is a just war, you have our word," Tasaria replied gravely. No definition was given, but Aurelia didn't argue the point.

Brave new world. All praise glorious manifest destiny, once again Siobhan Kerrigan found herself in the service of the Republic, here to aid in another attempt to assume direct control over a neutral world. To be sure, unlike on Anaxes Hapes was supposed to be conquered through honeyed words and backroom deals as opposed to the thunder of the cannon.

Such a beautiful place it was, ruled by scheming, decadent aristos that kept their males in bondage. Siobhan particularly approved of the latter idea, even though contrary to a certain 'holo-documentary' she had once seen they were not iterally kept in bondage and apparently did not wear ball gags. Given how pathetically effete the males at court looked, it probably was not needed anyway!

Only unlike on Anaxes Siobhan was no longer a Jedi, but had exchanged hippie robes for the in her eyes more exciting and less restricting corporate power of Omega, after getting a very persuasive offer she couldn't refuse from Tegaea Alcori. While the Chancellor was obviously relying on her own Republic guards, the Jedi and her formidable powers of persuasion to carry the day, Siobhan had been contracted to her security detail. Just in case things went south and some direct intervention was necessary to overcome any heavy risks and seize the prize.

Intelligence had indicated that certain members of the Court, a Princess among them, were opposed to the annexation, citing the usual reasons for why such a strong and proud race should not submit to outsiders, especially those who might corrupt their morals and destroy their way of life. Personally, Siobhan did not care much either way, though the idea that the Hapans could resist the Sith and the Mandos on their own seemed ridiculous to her. Hmm. They got cute chicks though, she thought.

She listened as the Chancellor and the Queen Mother engaged in preliminary horse-trading about Hapes' role, exchanging grand words about driving back the darkness. She drowned out most of the conversation, but unsurprisingly the Hapans were a making a show out of not being the Republic's pets in order to get a better bargain, while the Chancellor was making promises to get them to sign.

The force-user for hire resisted rolling her eyes when the Queen Mother said they'd only assist in a 'just war'. We gonna have a philosophy debate every time someone starts shooting? Heh. Everyone says their war's 'just' to look good for the holocams, she thought sardonically. The ex-Jedi scanned the area, taking in the Queen Mother's counsellors, civil servants and other officials of the court, taking note of the positions of the armed guards and possible exits, ever vigilant, though on the surface she seemed relaxed. Many of the portraits hanging on the wall and expensive vases probably cost far more than she earned in an entire year, even when one took bonuses from successful Omega operations into account.

The ex-Jedi experienced a sudden craving for a smoke, though she clamped down on the desire to get a cigarette out. She glanced over at the Jedi Padawan Carmen Dax. Siobhan did not know her personally, though she thought it a bit strange that the Council would assign a sole Padawan as bodyguard, but then was just her. She gave the Padawan a wry smile, then turned her gaze back to the politicians.

Hmm. Are there any old Jedi enclaves on Hapes? Perfect for sightseeing, she wondered sarcastically, suppressing a grin to keep the stony visage she projected to the outside intact. Her blue lightsabre, attached to her utility belt, was in reach, a heavy blaster pistol was holstered on her hip. Siobhan was the sort who expected trouble, maybe because she was a magnet to it. It would certainly make events exciting.

Carmen Dax

C
Carmen listed to The Chancellor and did not say another word. Not even to clarify that she understood her. They were lead into a room that had high ranking officals from the Hapes' planet. or even from off planet. she was then lead into a room where the Queen and the Chancellor would talk in private. She saw some other force user as a body guard. She was not dressed as a normal Jedi, but rather as a Merc. It was strange to see that she had a lighsaber with her. then other assortment of weapons. Carmen made sure that she was standing straight and not moving. She had to look the part. Even if she was only a Padawan.

@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Aurelia Saelari @[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Carmen Dax @[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Siobhan Kerrigan
Hanna smiled and was glad to be in a place so easy to see, it was her one problem with the republic, is they never seemed to have enough light. She let the queen mother and Aurelia talk and was content to enjoy the moment. She spotted her mother in a corner, which was nice, thought it was funny, how becoming Vice Chancellor suddenly made her friends with the Queen Mother, she had even been brought into private conference with her, before the meeting. It was funny how a position suddenly made you worth their time.
Hanna was also glad to see men in their place, as to often on other worlds, they did things that women should do. It was true, Hanna aggreed with her people, Women were simply better, but she also knew that letting men do more than they did on Hapes did wonders as well. They were more fun if they are allowed freedom. She hid her thoughts though, as surely the Vice Chanecllor can't be thinking such things, even though that everyone in her staff was a woman, which was funny, that now that she had her own position, she had more control over things, such as that her non republic provided guards, were female, some of the toughest in the galaxy. She sighed as she thought how she would have to work some men in to smooth over things, Aurelia wouldn't appreciate it if she held so true to her people's beliefs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom