Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Devil in the Jungle

iu

Devaron. Unsurprisingly home to the Devaronians, a species often confused with devils and tricksters. The species certainly has their rogues, but the planet itself generally kept the best of them. Juno had come to take a visit to the little known Jedi Temple Eedit. The temple had a reputation as a place of healing and, well, Juno was looking to get over her past. Upon arriving at port however Juno had learned that animals near the temple had been more violent lately.

"So travel to the temple is closed?" Juno asked the port worker.

"Well, we won't let you rent a speeder that way. Insurance and all that. Some call my people devils, but our lawyers? They've earned it." The Devaronian replied.

"When will access be granted? " Juno asked.

"Whenever the Jedi say it's clear. May take a while. We've got some lovely tours you can go on instead." The port worker said, but Juno wasn't interested. Animal attacks like that were often a reaction to an imbalance in the Force. Juno decided to investigate. Heading to her ship and grabbing her master's retrosaber, Juno headed into the jungle on foot.

The Force would tell her where to go. Hopefully.

Iris Arani Iris Arani Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek Vizion Trozky Vizion Trozky

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

The colors were wrong.

Iris frowned as she walked through the space port, her gaze as ever drifting upwards to watch the Force in her unique way. Unnoticing and perhaps looking uncaring of the people around her. No, something was off. Wrong. Darkness had dimmed too many colors in a way that someone just having a bad day wouldn't. Something was here. Even in her distracted state she was able to focus on some conversations around her. One in particular caught her attention, if only because Jedi happened to be one of the few words she learned to help pull her out of her head.

"So travel to the temple is closed?"

She tilted her head, watching the exchange. Then watched the Twi'lek walk away. Should she follow? The colors answered for her. Sure enough, the Padawan would follow the other to the Jungles edge, humming softly.

"You feel it too?"

Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek | Vizion Trozky Vizion Trozky

“Chit, I don’t know. This chit aint up to me.” Dagos said very annoyed. Trying to explain to a droid why The Force once again brought them to a jungle was very much well it was very much just that and it was frustrating as frell. The small black and gold BD unit for his part bleeped and blooped something Dagos was fairly certain was condescending and would have earned the droid a slap across the mouth if it was taller…and sentient.

The two of them Jedi Padawaan Dagos Terrek and BD-NRG had come to Devaron to check out their temple but had been turned away by some pencil neck stiff who whined about insurance and lawyers, so they had taken to going in the jungle on their own.

The droid beeped at him again.

“Kark off man. Where was supposed to put the speeder? That ship we rode in on was karking packed as it was.” Dagos didn’t know what the droid was complaining about, he got to sit comfortably on Dagos shoulder while he did all the running and climbing and whatever. As Dagos and BD were coming up to the forest edge he could feel two presences that he was a little familiar with. He jogged over to the two other Padawans

“Hey Iris! Hey June!” He called out cheerfully

The droid chirped again. “Oh this is Bee-Dee.” He said as the droid hopped off his back and did a little bow to the girls. The cheeky bugger.

Iris Arani Iris Arani Juno Sabat Juno Sabat Vizion Trozky Vizion Trozky

OzaOphD.png
TAGS: Juno Sabat Juno Sabat | Iris Arani Iris Arani | Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek

He was drawn to Devaron by duty. Informed on the unusual activity on the "Devil's World" near the Eedit Temple, he had decided to check it out, but in stepping off the ramp of the Rising Star some vaguely familiar presences entered his awareness, causing a brief pause when his boots connected with the landing deck. These he had only felt around the Praxeum but did not know well enough to put faces and names to them... at least until the shouting of a couple names lit up some recognition for one of them: a fellow padawan alongside Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren under Master Noble, present at that fiasco in the Mess Hall. The girl with the rat.

"Iris..." he whispered with little surprise that the girl was here, and continued away from his ship. As he walked on, the three came into view with the one guy catching up to the other two, and for all he knew, they were three padawans, perhaps with more curiosity than sense. He himself was still one, but with approaching close to a decade and a half of it... he shook his head, and after a brief chat with the port worker Viz picked up the pace, breaking into a short jog. If they were going where he was going, he might as well join up.

"Hey," he greeted, dropping to a matching pace, twin hilts swaying gently on his belt, "temple trek, yeah?"

He'd never been to this temple himself, but had looked into it before making the jaunt out to Devaron. Built at a nexus point in the Force, it was a place of renewal, rebirth, healing... but what was causing the erratic behaviour of the local fauna? There was really only one way to find out.

Last edited:
Juno looked about to see not one, not two, but three other Jedi behind her. All headed to Eedit temple, and all pretty close to Juno in age.

"Howdy Dagos. Who're your friends?" Juno asked Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek ,acknowledging everyone for a moment and heading in what was hopefully the right direction. Juno was pretty good at finding things though. She was confident she wouldn't get lost, or at least not go somewhere she wasn't needed.

"I suppose you could call it a temple Trek." She replied to Vizion Trozky Vizion Trozky 's remark. "But something's not right." Juno said, motioning to Iris Arani Iris Arani and acknowledging her observation.

"I'm not sure what it is, but I intend to find out. Are y'all game?"

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Oh, Dagos was here too. Iris waved to Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek , smiling warmly. It was good to see a familiar face. And one she didn't remember. Vizion Trozky Vizion Trozky might remember her, but Iris rarely remembered anyone she didn't have some kind of prolonged interaction with. Even then, she rarely remembered names. Temple trek. That sounded fun. If not for the darker colors on the horizon coming from the jungle.

Her lips thinned as she turned her gaze out, nodding to Juno Sabat Juno Sabat .

"I'm game."

"Howdy Dagos. Who're your friends?" Juno asked

“This is Iris. She’s good people.” Dagos said gesturing toward the girl he’d spent a lunch date with once upon a time. It felt like it could’ve been ages ago or it could’ve been last week, he’d been through so much recently it was hard sometimes to keep track.

"Hey,"... "temple trek, yeah?"...

Dagos and the two girls were joined by another guy. Another Jedi if the lightsabers on his hip were anything to judge by. He was older than Dagos was with a layer of stubble on well defined cheeks and long brown hair that looked like he would spend most of his time keeping it out of his eyes. He reminded Dagos of the kind of guy you would see on the cover of the holomags that girls were supposed to buy.

As the other guy fell in step with their group Dagos gave him a ‘what up’ nod of the head while Juno was telling them how something in the jungle felt wrong. Dagos had to agree. He knew that jungles on average had many different and sometimes weird ebbs and flows of The Force but she was right, something unnatural was going on.

“...I intend to find out. Are y'all game?" Juno asked.

"I'm game." Iris said.

“Chit. Let’s get it.” Dag said.

Juno Sabat Juno Sabat Iris Arani Iris Arani Vizion Trozky Vizion Trozky

OzaOphD.png
TAGS: Juno Sabat Juno Sabat | Iris Arani Iris Arani | Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek

Viz brushed some wayward strands of hair from his face - exactly as Dag expected - and returned the nod.

"I'm aware," he replied to Juno's voicing of the feeling she got, that something's not right, "but it's likely the cause of the animal violence, which is why I'm here."

As the rest of them agreed to accompany Juno in finding out just what the source of the trouble was, Viz scanned the jungle which was unusually quiet. Normally there would be various calls and rustlings of the underbrush, typical of most jungles and forests. This was disconcerting, to say the least.

"There's no birds," he informed, "any of you happen to notice how quiet the jungle is? I can hear a leaf settling on the surface of a river a few klicks away," his mouth became a line, "I shouldn't be able to parse that so easily."

He continued scanning.

"Whatever it is, it unsettled most of the wildlife for several kilometres and scared them off… except for the aggressive ones near the temple."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom