Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DEVASTATION: Factory Contest

Dev.gif

[SIZE=11pt]On August 24th the TSE and ORC will begin a campaign being facilitated with the approval of Staff in an effort to test a new opportunity for “Micro” Events based around existing Faction Rivalries. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]For this campaign, the Sith Empire will be deploying a Planet Killing Superweapon and unleashing its deadly potential upon their bitter rivals, the Outer Rim Coalition. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The Factory will be hosting a Competition to collect submissions for this Superweapon which anyone on Chaos can submit to the Starship Section of the Factory. A few will be chosen by TSE’s Faction Leadership, one of which will be chosen by Staff to be the Planet-Killing Superweapon unleashed for the duration of the Campaign.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Take a look at what submissions will be judged upon and the requirements they must adhere to. Label all submissions with [CONTEST] in the Title and link them in this thread to be Judged.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Competition will start on today and last until August 12th, 2019. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]
Sith.png
[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=11pt]JUDGMENT CATEGORIES[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Effort: Is the submission well written, providing opportunities for stories for boarders, defenders, fleeters, and starfighters to tell a story? That’s the main goal and so more opportunities for these stories will factor in.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Cool Factor: Does the submission exhibit a level of cool like the Fonz? Is it Scary to behold? Does it seem like something an Edgelord might call home? [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Creativity: Not necessarily new ideas, reinventing the wheel in the form of the [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Eclipse[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] or the like isn’t frowned upon in the slightest, but how creative the overall submission is will be a factor.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]ELIGIBILITY[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]This Contest is open to [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]ANYONE[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]TSE[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]’s Faction Staff will select a short list which will then be Judged by members of the [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]RPJ [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]and [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]SITE ADMIN[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]teams. [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Each Writer can Submit a maximum of [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]ONE [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]entry.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]The contest opens immediately and will run until [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]August 12th, 2019[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt].[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]All Submissions that are not selected to be used in the Event will be Denied and Archived.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]CRITERIA[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]All Submissions must be labeled with [CONTEST] in the title.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Submission Must use the Super Star Destroyer Template[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Must be Mobile and Hyperspace capable on its own, but may otherwise be a Space Station or Ship.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Must include a Planet Killing/Destroying Weapon[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Weapon cannot fire through Hyperspace (Superweapon has to be on location in each ACT)[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Armament Rating must be [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Extreme[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Must be Affiliated with [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]TSE [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Only[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Submission must be [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]UNIQUE[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Must consent to weapon being destroyed at the end of the Event.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]WINNERS[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]The winner will receive bragging rights that their submission MAY destroy a planet and provide one of the key settings of the story.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]The winner will also get a shiny unique Rank Tag[/SIZE]

Question: The carrier of the superweapon is of an SSD class, and everyone knows that Superweapons are to be destroyed by the end of the event they are introduced in.

If by chance that by the end of the event only the superweapon itself is destroyed, will that SSD carrying it persist beyond the event?

Let me know if my question is unclear and I will seek to rephrase it better :p

[member="Darth Voracitos"]
Work on the assumption that the whole thing will go up in flames.

[member="Vanessa Vantai"]
Just one planet as it's theoretically possible for this to be in a system with more than one canon or custom world.

Huxy

[ Message Received ]
[member="Laira Darkhold"]

Can we utilize a company in part of the manufacturer section? IE; the Sith Empire constructed the majority of the vessel, while Company #1 manufactured the frame and parts of the vessel per a one-time contract? The Affiliation would remain solely with the Sith Empire, of course.

[member="Darth Voracitos"] [member="Vanessa Vantai"] [member="Kor Vexen"] and [member="John Locke"]

I've placed your submissions under review, however they won't be being judged in the normal sense. Instead the Event Staff will be reviewing them with the above criteria after the Contest ends. Until then, feel free to make edits if it strikes you.

Thank you all for participating!

Thank you for all the participants! The judgment team has been keeping up with you all and we convened to select a winner. Every submission to the contest was excellent and deserving of praise. Everyone should give [member="Kraken Society"] [member="Vanessa Vantai"] [member="Darth Voracitos"] [member="John Locke"] and [member="Kor Vexen"] a round of likes for the effort they've put into bringing this event it's centerpiece!

Without further ado,

Ultima - Heaven on High has been selected as the Winner of the Devastation: Factory Contest!​
[member="Kor Vexen"] your fancy Bling and Bragging rights await​
Mastermind.gif

Congrats [member="Kor Vexen"]! I am jealous of your Voracious Victory! ;D (tiz a pun!)

I had fun participating, and I will seek to endeavor in finding ways to recover the creativity I expended in creating my submission!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom