Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Detours

"Ah." A fair enough assumption as any, he supposed, "Well it's a big planet. If there's other Jedi stationed on Nar Shaddaa, I don't know who or where, but I wouldn't rule it out." His own stationing was not exactly done in any official capacity. Just a personal choice that has more or less taken him away from the Order.

Cato blinked, then looked behind him to see an empty setting. "Huh. Didn't even notice." He reached into his coat pockets, apparently searching for something, "Sometimes the strangest thing Narsh can do is nothing at all. It's rare, but it does happen, believe it or not." The knight pulled out a collection of credit chits, counting them in his hand, "How much do I owe ya?"

Nar Shaddaa
Tags: Cato Harth Cato Harth

"It's on the house," Jasper insisted. "I made good credit today anyways. It's the least I can do for humoring my curiosity."

Cato was interesting indeed. A Jedi, sure, but not as orthodox as the exile had been expecting. Perhaps, in another life where Jasper had been taken by a master, he could have been similar to the knight sitting at his counter. The thought was brief, however. Jasper never liked dwelling on hypotheticals. Doing so only left one blind to what lie before them, or so he believed.

"Besides," Jasper continued, "Jedi or not, credits can get you out of trouble from time to time. With what you're up against, you'll need it more than me."

On the house. Cato grinned as he put away his credits, “Now there’s a way to become my favorite bartender in the galaxy. By all means, stop by Nar Shaddaa more often.”

He pushed himself off his seat and began to stretch his legs, “No shit. I should really try solving more of my problems with money.” It’s how most people did things around here. Well either that, or fighting your way out of problems. That’s more what Cato was used to. “Then again I don’t make a lot of money to begin with. I’d be destitute by the end of the month.”

With a lazy salute, Cato began to take his leave, “Maybe I’ll see you around, Jasper. You know where I hang out.” All the while, a couple spare credits were laid out on the bar, slipped there intentionally by Cato. The least he could do was leave a bit of a tip.

Nar Shaddaa
Tags: Cato Harth Cato Harth

"Likewise," Jasper replied.

Before long, the Jedi knight had slipped out the door, vanishing into the night of the smuggler's moon. It was a strange encounter to be sure, but not a negative one. Jasper had expected the man to pry more at his force sensitivity, or even sense the kyber crystal of his hidden lightsaber. But, despite his fears, nothing of note happened. Cato was unlike any Jedi he had ever met. Maybe, though he could only speculate, the true Jedi couldn't be found in the temple. The exile yawned, his jaw popping. He hadn't had a conversation like that in some time, especially while tired. The Philosopher was likely fueled up by now. Before long, he would be on route to Corellia. Then he could finally sleep. Jasper continued to clean shot glasses behind the bar, whistling to himself in the dimly lit bar.

Sorry for the late reply. Had an exam, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom