Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Deregulation

Greetings.

I am Heath Valhoun, King of The Elysium Empire.

I recently saw a debate over factory regulation and I, at the time, didn't feel qualified to take a side.

Now, having used the factory, I have decided to give my two cents.

Chaos, as a whole, is extremely deregulated. ANYONE can make a faction. ANYONE can start as a Sith Lord. You can have as many Subs as you want. Major Factions can have huge armies, and fleets. At first, I thought..."wow, this is crazy and there's no way they manage to have a timeline".

Now I think "Wow, this is perfectly balanced."

As for the factory....It should not be deregulated

The factory is a very reasonable system. Judges are respectful and realistic with their expectations. The guidelines are simple and feasible. The system allows anything you can imagine as long as it provides a balanced RPing environment. Nobody needs 80 SSDs, it would be absurd, and it'd force others to take even more drastic actions, countering with, perhaps, 50 Death Stars. The current system allows some very powerful and unique things without forcing the hand of other RPers. It's an excellent system.

If it is deregulated, the entire site will be broken. What would stop me from creating a mini-death star capable of being mass-produced and still powerful enough to destroy a planet? I heard the argument that "reports" would balance it. Wrong. Many would report just to troll the admins, others would report based off of their opinion, not a reasonable template. There would be a flood of reports, and it, as mentioned, would break the website.

So, in conclusion, NO, we should NOT deregulate.

Thanks for reading the rant.

Definitely Not Tefka Definitely Not Tefka John Locke John Locke Valiens Nantaris Valiens Nantaris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom