Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Demonsgate is pretty close to hell. (Demonsgate mission thread/Phrik mining)

Piraiba

Togorian Barricade
It wasn't until Zoey started ripping the bag to bits to clothe herself that Piraiba noticed that it wasn't a traditional clothing item. It simply just didn't dawn on the Togorian that he had handed her a large sack. Still his fellow crusader managed to be resourceful with it.

Piraiba complied meekly enough when Marix moved to pull his head down to bandage his wound. However, the irony of teasing the masculinity of the Crusade's largest male had flown right over his head. The cat simply looked at her blankly and tilted his head slightly in an expression of confusion. He reached a hand up to touch at the makeshift bandage on his head before giving a slight nod in thanks.

Piraiba continued to lead the two women out of the room and back into the mostly unscathed passageway they had just been in just before. The Sith Knight's motor skills seemed to be restored though his sense of urgency was significantly reduced. Out in the corridor he stopped and began to look both ways.

"This one is ... turned around."

The feline reached down to his side and grabbed one of his two lightsabers. He activated the weapon to check it's condition before extinguishing the solid white blade. Then he reached over to offer the weapon to Zoey. Truthfully he wasn't sure if she knew how to operate such a weapon given her usage of a beskad. The hilt was much larger and heavier than she'd be used to, and the blade was extended to match the height and reach of a creature twice her height. Still it was never to late to try new experiences.

"Piraiba will follow."

@Crystal @[member="Zoey Marix"]

@[member="Piraiba"] @[member="Zoey Marix"]

Crystal wondered why they seemed to be going back the way they came. But then there was a pause, and arming themselves with light sabers. She didn't sense any danger at the moment. But, that meant nothing.

She pulled her lightsaber hilt from her side and ignited the blade with it's snap hiss. Her companions would notice that it was unlike any they'd seen before. She didn't carry a traditional colored saber. Her blade was magenta. She nodded to Zoey to take the lead. She would have the element of surprise from behind her should something happen.

(Sorry guys)

Grabbing the rather large lightsaber hilt from the feline. I had never used a lightsaber before. Not even once. I trained for one, but never used it because my teacher had left me. Now that I had one, I might as well start to learn. I looked to Crystal as she nodded to me. With a pistol in my left hand and a rather large lightsaber in my right, I walked forwards. The pistol aimed in front of me, I walked towards the men we had just killed. I had a feeling that there was something behind that door. And it might have been mine.

As one of the men popped out, somehow surviving by being further back from the rest of the group, he brought up a rifle of some kind, but before he could even bring his sights to his eyes, He had a smoking hole where his heart would lay. "Let's keep going." I whispered to myself. Walking forwards as though nothing happened.

@[member="Crystal"], @[member="Piraiba"]

@[member="Zoey Marix"] @[member="Piraiba"]

Crystal was getting that tingle again, but no sooner did the hairs on her neck stand up, the threat was singed. And so, they pressed on.

"You might want to use two hands on that blade." She offered, trying to be helpful and not condescending about it. "You'll have more control of it."

Zoey just didn't seem to be all that comfortable with the lightsaber, which indicated to Crystal that it was not her primary weapon. "Have you trained with lightsabers, Zoey? If not, when we are finished here I could instruct the basics for you."

Piraiba

Togorian Barricade
Piraiba followed the two women silently at first until Crystal started to make conversation. The Togorian was on his feet, but he still was having a bit of lag when trying to get his mind to focus and snap to attention. He'd depend on Zoey to find her weapons and other gear while he guarded their rear.

"The hardest part for this one was learning to compensate for them not weighing anything," added the feline in reference to lightsabers.

Something wasn't right though. He couldn't place his claw on it, but something about this cave had his neck fur raising. It was too quiet ...

@Crystal @Zoey Marix

[member="Lord Daemos"], [member="Lelani Sevestra"], [member="Preliat Mantis"], [member="Dav Scorpio"], [member="Listeri Dalane"]

Four Ton Saga Squad
Junked Up Ship
Demonsgate...

Ah the lovely hell hole of Demonsgate, a place where no one else could possibly found, due to it's amazing hostility. Little did Triam know of the opposition she would be facing here. She had hired a band of- well, mercs she supposed- all of them wanting one price or another. The blonde blushed under her helmet a bit remember Preliat, it wasn't a swooning one but more of embarrassment. She didn't remember the last time she saw him, and she felt guilty for essentially leaving him alone after all this time.

She shook her head to focus at the task at hand. She wasn't so sure how a Mandalorian and a Sith would get along, he did say he was Mandalorian though, perhaps they wouldn't butt heads then. The others were complete strangers to her, but they wanted in on the action and what she could offer. She was willing to oblige if it meant securing her massive payment later.

She decided on to return to Roche after the last time she went there, and with the increasing tensions in "The New Wild Space" territory that composed former Imperial space. This seemed like a much safer option, going to the one place she least expected anyone to hunt for ore. Little did she know about the Morossian party involved with it.

With the interest of a literal ton of phrikite ore in mind, she decided that her dainty backpack and light frieghter simply wasn't going to cut it. She need specialize equipment for that much, and thus she reasoned a Shen-Ru class ore freighter convoy was necessary to borrow, and all the essential equipment for big mining operations... lots of explosives!

Using her own freighter as a convoy "flagship", she contacted the mercs following her via holo.

"This is Cuddly Kitty, do the rest of you come in? This shouldn't be a difficult operation, in and out. It isn't likely anyone will be on planet, but in case their are, it's up to use to ward them the hell away from my mining rigs. By the end all of this you all will get your fair prices paid. Everyone ready for surfacing?" She asked her crew.

Moross Crusade Team
Underground
Somewhere near the Armory

As [member="Crystal"] told me to use the lightsaber with two hands, and it would be much easier. I obliged. Taking the pistol, I shoved it in the back of the rucksack of a diaper and gripped the lightsaber hilt. it was fairly large, and was not yet activated. even as this be, The woman offered to teach me when all of this was over. I smiled and dipped my head as I walked forwards, "That would be much appreciated. and I use a Beskad, not a lightsaber."

Walking through the door, no one was there. There were four doors, and as I was thinking on what to do, [member="Piraiba"] mentioned that the hardest part was adjusting to the weightless part of the combat. I took the hint and decided that by using very soft hits, and controlling my hands use of the lightsaber, would i have an easier time of using it.

Even after the man spoke, I got a chill up my spine. and almost all at once, men bashed open the doors, and began to fire.

[member="Triam Akovin"]

Matreya

Sitting in front of the controls of his Winter's Eagle, Damien Daemon reached out and tapped a button combination, "This is Lord Daemos, I copy." He was here for two reasons, one, to aid an ally in fulfilling her obligations, two, because he also required some mining. Which explained the minor mining droids and machinery kept on ship.

Pulling up next to his Bossess ship, he tossed a salute through the viewport - unconcerned of whether it was seen. Stifling a small yawn, the man couldnt help but sigh. He hated long flights. Lets get this over with. Damien thought silently.

[member="Triam Akovin"]

Listeri jogged out the dimly lit entranceway of his XS Light Freighter, looking around the barren land before him. He stop sight-seeing when he felt a small hum from his pocket. He pulled out his wrist comm, and listened in to the broadcast from "Cuddly Kitty." What!? That's a dumb name. He thought as a smile spread across his face. He put his wrist up to his mouth and began speaking into the shiny gadget. " This is The Starhound, checking in. Surface is go with me. " He stated bluntly, as he began looking upwards.

Four Ton Saga Squad
Junked Up Ship
Demonsgate...

@Triam Akavin

Preliat turned to the woman, and threw his hands up in the air. Seriously, he was right there. Next to her. In the frigate. He blinked, and then lowered his rifle to his feet, putting on his helmet.

"Sure."

Lelani Sevestra

Hapes Consortium Building Subsidiary - Warden
[SIZE=10pt]Lelani would sit back in her captain chair as she glanced onto her computer terminal just making final checks of the systems of the Old Hapan Nova Class Cruiser she was currently commanding for this mission. She sighed and would lower her hand down to the left side of her chair arm and pressed down on the intercom button. “Would all pilots please have their fighters prepped in to ready launch formation? Thank you. I need all repair teams on standby at their ready alert post.” She spoke sternly into the panel before releasing the button. “Captain the lead convoy ship is requesting a check-in” said the communication officer to the captain. Lelani would type into her monitor before hitting the communication button. “This is Captain Lelani Sevestra of the Nova Cruiser Baldavia checking in.” She spoke before releasing the button. “Control bring the ship over the lead convoy ship.” Lelani spoke outloud. “Yes captain!” the flight officer replied as he would type into his control panel. The Nova class cruiser would slowly reposition itself over the ship that Triam Akovin was currently on, letting the convoy ship settle in between the Hapan Cruisers split wing pylons. [/SIZE]

[member="Triam Akovin"]

Crystal offered a smile. "You'll adjust with practice." And she got that tingle again. Someone was coming. No one she recognized. "And it seems you'll get some practice now."

She positioned herself to defend their injured Togorian friend from further harm. And she was ready.

[member="Lelani Sevestra"], [member="Preliat Mantis"], [member="Listeri Dalane"], [member="Lord Daemos"], [member="Crystal"], [member="Zoey Marix"], [member="Piraiba"]

"Ugh, of course you do!" She said and punched Preliat in the arm, who was sitting at her side. He wanted a date, so... she guessed he would get two! This one where they dig chit up and kark up the faces of anything else that showed up on a planet renowned for its hellish environment... how romantic. She didn't care, he was a capable soldier, and she was sure he didn't mind.

"Alright everyone this is it, approach the landing site, but keep your ships prepared for take off. The environment is sure to be unpredictable, and we need as many hands on our ships as we do in the dirt. Is that clear? Let's go!" She said into her communication device. Her ship full of mining rigs rattled through the acidic atmosphere with literally blazing colors... it was actually kinda scary. She should probably at some point consider actually buying a different ship... actually better than that, an official chauffeur, she sucked at flying. She got a little better obviously hopping all around the galaxy, but she'd rather not risk crashing it through a hangar bay again like she did at Roche.

Her ship landed precariously on the ground, near the skirmish of the Moross and... whoever else was on this planet. In full gear, she got out of her ship with a mining gun in hand, and a pick ax. She honestly didn't know how to mine this stuff... I mean, you would think she did after all the stuff she had gotten awhile back, but before she was just stealing, right now she was actually mining. Of course her scant equipment was nothing of course and not going to be the brunt of her rig, but she was scouting out the area quickly as the more laborious of her hired hands set the machines in their specific positions.

"I'll do a quick scouting of the area, who's coming with me, and who's going to watch the surface and direct our labor droids for the mining op?" On an out of character basis, she didn't mind if all of them came, as she had hired several NPC's to do some of the more menial tasks. No doubt, with Preliat by her, she decided she would climb down into a surface that she thought might have a cave. Cave's were good, caves could be extensive, and hold lots of rich ores. Obviously she was only looking for the one, but it was a start.

Matreya

Daemos slowly descended, moving towards the ground and his destination, "I will accompany you Triam. Over." Daemos murmured into the comlink. A slight updraft of hear caused his ship to vibrate and ratttle until it settled gently into a standing position. Rising to move towards the exit ramp, Daemos clicked his helmet into place and murmured to the voice within. Plans were being set out, scans were done via the ship before being sent to himself.

It was far easier to tell the woman he sought to mine as well, but instead he would have his few personnel do it while he was doing his job. Easy, less possibility of failing, thus keeping his reputation in place.

[member="Triam Akovin"]

Lelani Sevestra

Hapes Consortium Building Subsidiary - Warden
Lelani would sit back in her chair as she glanced at the view screen watching as the convoy would land and begin unpacking its equipment. She pressed down on the intercom button on her right arm of her chair. “Acknowledge Triam” She replied before releasing the intercom button. “Weapons officer power up all weapons and have them ready and deploy ray shield perimeter grid.” Yes Captain the officer replied as she typed into her console. The Nova class cruiser would begin its descent into the atmosphere. Lelani would smile lightly at the smooth entry process and would stand up as she walked up to the bridge view screen and lean forward glancing out at the landscape as the ship came into a hover over the mining site the ship was much larger than the site itself. Eight large pylons would detach from the hull of the cruiser and come crashing into the ground to form an Octagon perimeter fence. After a few seconds the pylons would power up and sync with one another as an electrical ray shield would establish around the camp perimeter. Lelani returned to her chair and opened the communication channel to Triam "P[SIZE=11pt]erimeter[/SIZE] has been set and Cruiser is holding position over the site."

[member="Lord Daemos"]
[member="Triam Akovin"]

Lelani Sevestra, Preliat Mantis, Listeri Dalane, Lord Daemos, Crystal, Zoey Marix, Piraiba

"Great, follow me down. The rest of you keep the perimeter happy, and try to monitor anything below using the mining equipment. It'll either detect something shiny or it'll find something hostile after all, that me and bestest buddies will have to take down." She commanded the party around.

She started to head down towards the cave she saw earlier, with her companions by her side. This was the same cave that held Zoey Marix and the other Morossian's, along with the strange hidden base of these strange criminals. They thought they had a bad day with her, wait until they found Triam. She would show them a real criminal, and then some.

She went through the extensive terrain carefully, making sure that she didn't slip and fall, least she fall into some pit of lava or something. This was a hellish place. So hellish in fact she but in a respirator in her helmet in case she need an emergency dose of pure oxygen. Noxious fumes were a queen to deal with. She looked around and noticed something peculiar. She noticed signs of tracks leading to the cave. Perhaps it was occupied. That wasn't a good sign.

"We're heading for that cave down there," She shouted to her fellow Merc's, "It looks like it might be occupied, be on the look out for hostiles."

Matreya

Triam set off, thus so to did Damien. Each step offered the small 'chink' of metal brushing against metal, while he vocally remained quiet for a moment. Soon enough a cave came into view, and his pace slowed just a bit. It reminded him of that place on Dagobah. That place he visited to test his steel, and though he was satisfied with the vision and its end results, it had taken a toll.

It was that place that he first went so long ago, to see if killing his parents was within himself. The cave had manifested a form of Daemos so dark and untouchable, that the real Damien had felt he could die upon one slip up. First a duel was held between the two, using sabers for weaponry. When Daemos lunged at Damien, Damien would slide to the side before bringing another powerful blow towards his opponent. To which Daemos would parry and retaliate.

It was a long battle, longer than any he had ever completed. Days had passed before Damien exited, and when he did it was with an obvious change forever. Having conquered the Darkness within himself he had to admit it was there, and powerful. So he had his answer, after which he no longer had family.

He still went to their graves every so often.

However, though this cave reminded him of the past, it didnt stop his trek. Instead it hastened his resolve. Moving to near lead the group he nodded his head gently. Things were changing. No cave could hide this. If Voracitos ate at his memories anymore, Daemos wondered what would be left - since his last ravenous munching, Damien felt a sickness during dark acts. A feeling he was warned to be called a 'conscience', something he had never felt.

Placing a hand on the hilt of his saber, Daemos closed his eyes tightly for a second. When he opened them, his vision took in that which was within the first couple hundred feet inside the cave - despite the darkness. Anzati senses, plus Czar enhancements, to many it was deemed unfair.

Looking to Triam he nodded. It was clear. So stepping over the 'threshold' of the cavernous rock cropping, he stared at the walls of the surrounding area. There wasnt very much alloy wise close to the mouth, but it was evident that the further in you went the more reflective the walls became.

"Daemos, scans are complete. The largest strains are in the cavern you are, nearby though is a smaller cave and in it likely a couple hundred pounds worth." The Voice inside his helmet murmured and he nodded.

"Tell the men to begin."

[member="Triam Akovin"]

Crystal's eyes narrowed. There seemed to be others approaching from the direction they'd come from. That was strange indeed. There were no familiar presences among them, at least familiar to her. She looked to [member="Piraiba"] and inquired "Are we expecting reinforcements? I don't recall anyone else being dispatched..."

She looked to [member="Zoey Marix"], then back to Piraiba. "Should we keep going forward, or go back?" The Sith Princess was asking both of them.

I looked to the large Feline. as Crystal spoke. I had shoved the blaster pistol into the Diaper that I wore. And as it was shoved in the crack of my butt cheeks. if I landed on my ass it would definitely hurt to have a gun literally shoved up your rear. But it was a spare weapon should I need it. I looked to Crystal as she asked if we should go forward or go back. I shook my head. "What if they are reinforcements for the guys we just killed? I saw we go on to maybe get to a choke point and make them come to us. Should they be good, they we can work together. If not, Well then we can end their lives while they can only fire on us one at a time. And I kind of want my Beskad. Better to use that then a weapon I have never used."

I gave my two cents. and well, I thought we might go with that plan since the Feline was a little lightheaded.

[member="Crystal"] @Piraiba.

Matreya

Stopping instantly, Damien held up a hand to signal the others that stopping was the best idea. Concentrating on taking in all sounds for a moment, D nodded when off in the back of the cave he heard voices. We're not alone Triam. Im going to check it out, Damien murmured against the mind of his boss. Dropping low to his haunches, and staying near the shadows that ran along the walls of the cave, Damien neared those in the rear.

Slowly reaching down to grip his saber, he drew it upward with a flourish as it activated, "Who are you!? Why do you skulk back here in the dark!? Are you going to attack us while we hold our backs turned!?" Damien yelled, the tip of his plasma weapon close to the trio. Had this been barely a few days ago, he might have started with an attack aimed to incapacitate all members present, but instead he thought this plan through.

[member="Zoey Marix"] [member="Crystal"] [member="Triam Akovin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom