Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Demonic Spiders: Enemies that are just friggin' unfair

Ornko'mad

The Mind Behind
If you didn't spend the first half hour or so of the game running around the Upper and Lower cities doing whatever sidequests you can find, KotOR's Rakghouls can be murderous. High enough attack that they usually hit, poison (so if you don't have antidote kits, you die even if you kill them), and there's so fething many of them. If you're ignoring sidequests and you're a melee character, you're gonna have a bad time.
That said, spend some time leveling, use that money for antidotes, and invest in blasters, and you'll be okay.

Also, husks (and especially abominations) from ME2.

Thomas Hunter said:
if you didn't spend the first half hour or so of the game running around the Upper and Lower cities doing whatever sidequests you can find, KotOR's Rakghouls can be murderous. High enough attack that they usually hit, poison (so if you don't have antidote kits, you die even if you kill them), and there's so fething many of them. If you're ignoring sidequests and you're a melee character, you're gonna have a bad time.
I used to have this problem the first few run throughs however I found a trick. On the PC version if a character get poisoned if you quick save then quick load the poison will disappear. This is helpful because then you can spend more credits on medpacks. The only problem once you beat them all there are the gamorrians... they are a pain even if you are a ranged 100%er

Rakghouls are a pain no matter what you're doing, but honestly, everything in Kotor 1 is harder if you try to do ranged. Rakghouls are no exception there. Power attack (or rapid strike 3) are infinitely better for damage output. And IIRC, Kotor 1 attack calculations are based on the higher of your strength or dex, so you can spam dex and get AC while having good accuracy.

Could be wrong on that part. It was before they introduced weapon finesse, for some unholy reason.

Ornko'mad

The Mind Behind
I usually only pushed range early game, because of all the melee enemies in the Undercity (rakghouls, Gammoreans, etc.). Even so, it was all high dex+power blast+dual weapon (which later translated to lightsabers), so I only lost one feat (and one that I still sometimes used later). Usually worked pretty well to keep rakghouls at bay, and when it didn't, well, that's what Mission was for.

ANYWAY, back on topic, the droids with freeze rays from the same game also qualify in my mind. The stupid things annoyed the carp out of me, because every time I fought them I'd get frozen and hammered, while my party desperately tried to finish it - until they got frozen too.

In Umbris Potestas Est
Despair Demons.

The first time I encountered one, I thought, "k, another demon type, no biggie."

Then it went freeze beam on me and everyone else in my party, not only paralyzing everyone, but also dealing a ridiculous amount of damage. And yeah, don't even try to melee attack them - they will jump up and run away to somewhere new so they can continue to spray you with freeze beam.

Eventually they'll be easy to kill, but they'll still have the status of goddamned bats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom