Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Demi-Wookiee

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'd rather kiss a Wookiee"

Images: My profile picture. Original derivative work. Original image: from Jacqueline Gallagher http://tonicacat.deviantart.com,
direct link to image: https://shewalkssoftly.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/1382347_1437816789778691_1177476717_n.jpg?h=583&w=450
Edited by a friend for my personal use from white to red fur.

Name: Demi-Wookiee
Designation: Sentient
Homeworld: Kashyk
Average Lifespan: 300
Estimated Population: 2

Average height of adults: 2
Average length of adults: N/A
Skin color: Light Pink, Light Brown, Dark brown, Light Pink and Brown
Hair color: Silver/white, Strawberry Blonde, Auburn, Dark Brown
Distinctions: Very hairy. Sometimes have bare arms, hands, feet, or legs with no fur, but otherwise just like a wookiee. Physiology is more human than wookiee from the neck down, except for the fur and sometimes claw-like nails on the hands and feet.

Breathes: Same as humans (Oxygen converted to Carbon Dioxide but with mix of other gases)
Strengths: Stronger and longer lived than humans. Able to approximate both Shyriiwook and Basic. About as technologically-advanced as wookiees. More force sensitive than the general wookiee population.
Weaknesses: Weaker and shorter lived than wookiees. Both Basic and Shyriiwook speech impediment. Leave hair everywhere. Neither attractive by conventional wookiee nor human standards. More cowardly than wookiees.

Races: Ginger, Blonde, Brunette, Silver

Diet: Omnivores, but unable to process foods high in arsenic, lead, some other heavy metals, radioactive materials, broken glass, rocks, lots of inorganic compounds, and some organic compounds considered toxins. Prefer fruits and vegetables native to Kashyk and human majority worlds.
Communication: Audible speaking, making hand gestures, writing
Culture: Wookiee culture, but more cowardly
Technology level: Wookiee technology level
General behavior: Running away, hiding, setting traps, attempting blending into wookiee society

History: A wookiee man named Lewdbacca and a young, mysterious, human, force-sensitive woman suffering from a rare disorder that caused her to grow hair all over her body, named Hy'peria Tri'cho'sia, met while the wookiee was on his coming-of-age ceremonial hunt (hrrtayyk) in the Shadowlands beneath the wroshyr trees of Kashyk. After he was caught in one of her traps and very nearly starved to death before being rescued by her, Lewdbacca felt a strong connection to the human. A life debt required the wookiee to return regularly to aid her and, over time, they fell in love. The woman used what could only be witchcraft or Sith alchemy to alter herself to ensure they could have children together. After the birth of their second sith abomination child, Lewdbacca demanded the human woman make an honest wookiee out of him, though it was done in secret, at a ceremony only Lewdbacca's closest family knew about. They were attacked, however, and Lewdbacca and his relatives were killed. Hy'peria's status is unknown, but she may have escaped with her newborn abomination child. The eldest abomination child was abducted by Trandoshans. (If this might lead toward approval, I can write this out in roleplay. No problem)

Notable Player-Characters: Pending approval and a further approval for retcon, Siriwook. Otherwise, none.

Intent: There are an abundance of images of male wookiees on the internet, but very few female wookiees. Or, when there are, almost none have the appropriate anatomy. A search for images that would be appropriate for roleplaying a female wookiee wasn't very productive. There are many people cosplaying as wookiees, however, and many borderline non-wookiee images that could be photoshopped into usability. By allowing a half-human, half-wookiee character, the number of possible images increases.

Also, since wookiees who are force-sensitive are few and far between, it is very unlikely that Siriwook exists, especially with all the other past players who have created wookiee characters have almost exclusively opted for force-sensitive characters.

Finally, I have been looking for a way to explain the "Voice-of-Hope-Within" that has been protecting Siriwook as being her mother and the notable lack of rescue attempts from her Wookiee relatives.

This looks fine, but I'm not sure about your intent. The amount of female wookiee pictures isn't really that good a reason to make a whole new species. The other reasons seem rather incidental, and this seems like a rather odd way to resolve them. I would prefer it if you could give me a solid reason for this species existing. Just suggestions, but I feel like your current intent doesn't really cut it.

[member="Siriwook"]

Women who cosplay as wookiees (like me) don't have six breasts like canon wookiees. Men who cosplay as wookiees have an easier time. The difficulty of finding images of female wookiees might seem trivial to you, but I always play female characters, and I find this is a serious issue in the genre. This new species will make wookiee representation more egalitarian with regard to gender. Which might encourage other women who want to play wookiees. Which might make it more worthwhile to play a wookiee in the first place for players regardless of gender.

Your current population is 2. I don't see how this is going to affect anyone other than you - avatar wise.
It's not a bad reason, but it doesn't hold up on it's own. I just need a good reason for making this, and then I'll approve it.

Okay, I have a good reason--a hidden motive for Siriwook's mother. Spoilers. You may be aware of the Shadowlands and what is in them. Perhaps demiwookiees were created to overcome obstacles to reaching those items, including plants and animals against which wookiees are more resilient. Given the rarity of force sensitives among wookiee kind, the dark side witch who birthed my character was unwilling to wait for a force sensitive wookiee that would be loyal to her to just appear and had to ensure she never felt completely welcome among her own kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom