Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech "Defender" Trip Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
8jVvw2MrLwy_XuNxQQEhJspimZg0yJKUqzLOUTyVo35BZ_fJdhbEU6SZOhBOiscE8pMpBFf_9Iauho4_Y4Mk6vE5zCe7SV35q_9gV_02jv9lUSyU8rKRf-Pu9EdSNfJJ1uqM_8fr

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Moonveil Communications & Holdings Mega Factory (R&D Dept)
  • Affiliation: Darkwire, The Family, Small Groups
  • Market Status: Open-Market
  • Modularity: Tripwire Color
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Wiring, Circuitry, Detonite Explosive, Durasteel Ball Bearings, Cast Plast, Light Emitting Diodes, Adhesive materials, Neodymium magnets
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Anti-Personnel Mine
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Explosive Type: Ball Bearings, Detonite Shaped Charge
  • Delivery Method: Placed
  • Effective Range: Average
  • Area Of Effect: Average
  • Damage Output: Extreme
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Equipped with a basic Signal Jammer which may disrupt communications of an opposing force.
  • Dual Magnetic/Adhesive backing provides versatile mounting options
  • Equipped with a gyroscopic anti-tampering mechanism; attempts to manipulate an armed mine results in immediate detonation
  • Colored indicators: Blue - Disarmed/Red - Armed
  • Capable of defending a gap of up to 10 feet (3.5m)
  • May be connected through software to a secured network
STRENGTHS
  • Combination of materials provide extreme damage against anything directly in-front of the charge
  • Provides excellent early-warning and defensive capabilities
  • Unlikely to damage anything its placed upon
  • Useful as a distraction or for demolitions
WEAKNESSES
  • Relatively safe if laser is unbroken
  • Laser is visible to the naked eye
  • Vulnerable to damage
  • Indiscriminate
  • High chance for collateral damage
  • Even if disarmed, may still explode due to damage or tampering
  • Vulnerable to EMP interference. Note: Gyroscopic anti-tampering feature is not affected.
DESCRIPTION
Developed for Military & Private Security use, the “Defender” Trip Mine is a reliable defensive munition for perimeter & asset protection. Due to its size and weight, it may be difficult to carry for extended periods - users are encouraged to utilize them in zero-traffic areas to minimize unintended casualties.

Similar to prior iterations, the mine is equipped with a basic signal scrambler which may interfere with common electronic detection methods and communications over unprotected frequencies. The only reliable way to ensure detection is to rely on one's own visual acuity. To further protect the mine from tampering, a gyroscopic safety mechanism has been built in; any attempt to move, redirect or otherwise alter the device in any way results in immediate detonation. This feature is mechanical, and therefore unaffected by EMP damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom