Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Decky & Bryn: An adventure

Where in Cérmæ's name are they?

Sharp emerald eyes looked over the rain soaked courtyard which by now looked like a giant pit of mud, anything green had been stepped on, rolled over, or driven on until nothing but dirt had remained and once the rain started dirt had swiftly become mud. Declan's boots squelched and schlocked as he walked through the mud in search of his brothers who he was sure he told to stay here. Finally after minutes of fruitless searching Declan found a familiar face.

"Gunar!" Declan called to an old grey beard. " Þú're welcomer sit fyrir sore eyes gamall maðr" Declan told the man. They were of a height but where Declan's eyes were a bright green, Gunar's were pale blue and traced with age lines, Declan's long brown hair sat loosely around his shoulders and his beard had grown wild around his face. Gunar's hair and beard were both grey and braided in a warrior's fashion. The old man was one of the first to offer to bring his axe south and give aid to Declan and the rest of the pack.

"svá eru þú ungr kub. Minn heart er glað til sjá þinn andlit" The old warrior said, as the two of them clasped arms. Old as Gunar was he was still built sturdy as an oak with stone hard muscles and a grip like the bite of a bear. Both men had runic tattoos that cover them from shoulder to hands.

Declan had been far from home for two decades but when he returned to the hall of his father and announced his intention to travel back south, find his missing brother and perhaps even take the fight to the ancient enemy of his people, Gunar had wasted no time in volunteering. Declan had known the man since he was a boy. Gunar was brother to Kove, the best brewer of mead and beer in all the winter lands. That made Gunar the uncle of Declan's boyhood crush, Malinda. Gunar was a true warrior someone who had been raised up from a common Zathori soldier to one who lived in the Alpha's great hall and often shared meals sitting at the Alpha's own table.

"Have you seen my brothers?" Declan asked.

"Yes." Gunar answered grimly.

"Where are they?"

"They left with that girl. The young one with the orange eyes, calls herself Alpha."

The wolf inside him wagged its tail at hearing Gunar mention Aelin but something about the old man's tone left Declan feeling uneasy.

"They bloodied my apprentice boy, your brothers did. Don't blame them too much though, the boy got mouthy with them and insulted Yasmine, the fool but that girl. That girl goes and shames him in front of everyone within earshot, forbade him use of the turbo lifts, means I'm stuck doing most the work now and then she banishes the poor lad. Denies him the safety of the pack and for what? Some words?"

"Aelin did that?" Declan couldn't believe it. He could not wrap his mind around what he was hearing even after Gunar told him specifically what happened. He was not shocked to hear that his brothers had been zealous in defending the honor of their Alpha but hearing how Aelin responded to the boy's simple ignorance left him stunned. She had lept off a roof to save a Zathori boy not so long ago, one who had threatened the pack with a weapon, who had tried to keep information about her sister from her, she saved that boy and welcomed him into their pack but someone she is responsible for protecting, who swore and oath to Declan, that person is banished? Was this pay back for how he acted to Elias? Had Declan truly not made that right with her?

"Where is the boy?" Declan asked,

"I could not say. I did not learn of his fate until after it happened. I searched for him and could not find him. A couple of hunters who came down with us and a few of the wolves who were already here went out to look but that was nearly an hour ago and they haven't returned." Gunar told him.

"I will go look for him." Declan declared.

"Thank you, Declan. I think he is going out in the wood as well. My boy isn't the only one missing." Gunar pointed over to toward the entrance of the temple, the path leading out to forest. There stood a familiar figure. Declan made his way to the wolf at the edge of the wood.

"Ho! Brynjar, góð heill ok fastr leggr!" Declan greeted holding his arm out.

Brynjar Threist Brynjar Threist

A lot of things had been going on recently. He had found some clues about where Medelwr had could be located but Brynjar hadn't taken the journey on finding it or Glwyn's grave yet. It was still too dangerous and it was going to be a long trip to do both. So he needed to gather supplies and figure out how he would explain his absence to the others. He didn't want people assuming he fled or abandoned Islimore, nor did he want them worried that he was dead. It was going to take time and he wasn't even sure if the starting points he had were right. There was also the growing issues with Gerwald, he knew that things would be coming to blows soon enough. The arrogance of the other Lupo displayed during the mission to save Aelin's sister was incredulous, that another Lupo would treat a member of their own kind like a dog blew Brynjar's mind and he couldn't forgive that. Especially since it had come so naturally from Gerwald and then there was the condescending look and put downs that he had done to Brynjar personally. That digging away at the Alpha. He had been wandering the area trying to clear his head but also seek out Declan, he wanted to check that the other Lupo was doing okay after the mission, he had looked rough when they left Coruscant and he was sure that the words had cut deep with Declan.

There was some mention of the Wolf Woods being dangerous and that there could be issues with Lupo going missing. Brynjar wondered if this meant hunters or the Fayth were attacking but he wasn't sure, all he knew was that he had to carry his axes at the ready for anything. His hair was tied into a tight knot at the back of his head and he looked like he had washed in at least the last couple of days or so. Which was as fresh and clean a look for Brynjar that one could hope for. Wandering the edges of the woods, Brynjar tried to scan the area while he hadn't been asked to figure out what was going wrong, his sense of duty and support had him wanting to do something. His gaze tried to accommodate the darkness of the woods but he couldn't see anything and his nose didn't tingle but he could feel something wasn't right.

Before he could think what it meant to feel something wrong, he heard the call out from Declan, he looked over and the other Lupo seemed to be looking good. He gripped the forearm of the other Lupo and shook it slightly, "Vel mætt, Mayþinnr bráð munu feitur ok nægilegur." Greeting Declan back in Wulfi with a warm smile, "how have things been? I have been trying to find out where you have been since the mission for Meira." Brynjar stated upfront, not pretending to hide his concern or his reasoning for being around the area. He was still going to check out the woods but for now, he wanted to check in on Declan since that had been his primary goal as of late.

Declan Durinson Declan Durinson

"how have things been? I have been trying to find out where you have been since the mission for Meira." Brynjar asked.

Declan was genuinely surprised to hear of Brynjar’s concern for him. The two of them were not especially close and with Brynjar having been witness to Declan’s shaming at the hands of Gerwald it was possible that Dec had kept some distance between them, he was touched by the gesture and favored Brynjar with a warm smile of his own.

“Honor drew me away from this place. I returned home to the hall of my father.” He struggled knowing how much to reveal. His trip and the events were no secret mission but to say he went home to ask for help at the request of Freya would be a partial truth that led to admitting his failure on that front. Saying he went to beg the forgiveness of his father and brother would be closer to a whole truth but would also mean admitting a far more painful failure. His father was gone, feasting in Freann and his brother was Gods know where.

“Had I known you were seeking me, I would’ve found you before I left.” Declan placed a friendly hand on Brynjar’s shoulder and squeezed. “Do you have need of me?”

Declan’s own gaze turned now toward the darkness of the forest. The urge to growl a warning at the darkness poked at the back of his mind and the hairs on arm stood on end. There was no tangible danger. Nothing he could smell or hear and yet, the sense The Gods gave him warned him of something. Something dark.

The look of surprise on Declan's face when Brynjar expressed concern had troubled Brynjar. Was he truly that stoic, that cold on the outside that others did not realise he cared? It was concerning because Brynjar always thought that out of his family, he was the most clear on when he was concerned for another's wellbeing. Brynjar shook his head, he needed to focus on what he had come here for, "that is fair enough, don't fret it is just that I wanted you to know that what Gerwald did was wrong. We are not dogs, we are Lupo and to treat us as dogs is degradation of the worst kind. I want you to know that you are no dog, you are a free Lupo and you deserve the respect that comes with that." Brynjar grips Declan's shoulder firmly with the cold fire in his eyes that is lit when he talks to a Lupo.

"We have all done things to survive the purge. We can only come together and rebuild ourselves as Lupo." Brynjar didn't need to or want to pry into what Declan had to do with his father, unless the other Lupo wanted to talk about it then it was his right to keep such things secret and personal. Brynjar rarely discussed things he needed to talk to his parents about and never mentioned his searching for Medelwr and Glwyn's grave. Those would eventually come out but when he wanted others to know. "A lot of things happened on that mission and I think what happened with Gerwald was glossed over because finding Meira was such a priority but his behaviour will come to bite him someday, that is something I am sure of." Brynjar mentioned, he believed that the Gods were justed that karma would repay the favour.

Watching Declan's gaze return to the woods and feeling the same danger senses that Brynjar was feeling, he knew that there was something deeply troubling there. "I had only come to speak with you, truly. But I have been hearing things about these woods and think it might be something that we need to investigate." Pulling out his axe, he points into the darkness, "something out there is taking our people and we need to find whatever it is. If you wish to join me that is." He gave a nod to Declan, it was his decision whether he came or not and he wasn't going to force the Lupo.

Declan listened to Brynjar’s words, unable to force his eyes to find Brynjar’s. They were honest and heartfelt and he did not deserve them.

Brynjar was willing to give Declan the benefit of the doubt and more. He brushed away the insult from Gerwald and tried to lift Declan’s heart with words of affirmation. Words Declan didn’t have the heart to feel for himself. Brynjar and Gerwald did not get along, that was true. Hardly had Declan seen two wolves so different try and make it work as a pack but hatred or no, Brynjar was right, to treat another Lupo as nothing more than a common dog was near unforgivable and should be grounds for an honor duel.

Water pooled at the edges of his eyes but did not fall as the other wolf placed a firm hand on Declan’s shoulder.

You are no dog. If only that were so.

“You. You are a good man, Brynjar. You are a worthy Alpha.” Declan said softly, finally meeting Brynjar’s gaze, tears still in his eyes. Whether his heart grew soft from the kindness of Brynjar or at the irony of how misplaced it was he could not say.

"We have all done things to survive the purge. We can only come together and rebuild ourselves as Lupo." Brynjar said.

Would he feel the same if he knew the truth of it? Would there be such sympathies for Declan if he knew what truly had kept him from Islimore and what consequences his own kin paid on his account?

"something out there is taking our people and we need to find whatever it is. If you wish to join me that is."

“I would be glad to join you,” Declan told Brynjar. “I was heading that way already. A boy from the north has left our camp and I was hoping to find his trail before the rain washed it away.”

The world was growing darker. Even though the sky was overcast, one could see dusk approaching. The forest grew darker the deeper they went. A fine mist rolled over the forest floor billowing toward the two wolves like smoke from the great dragon Fáfnir. Their footfalls were muffled by the soggy leaves and mud underfoot, the smell of stale sitting water and rotting foliage made trying to track anything the traditional way almost impossible.

“How is it you came to join this pack of ours Brynjar?” Declan asked curious to get to know Brynjar better after the Alpha went out of his way to soothe Declan’s own feelings. “Did Aelin lift you from the dredges as well?” Declan remembered where he was the first time he had met Aelin and so part of him wondered if perhaps Brynjar had met her in a similar fashion and while he had not been back long, in the short time he had been back among the pack, he had heard some of the helpers talk…gossip really about Aelin and Brynjar sneaking off to spend time alone away from the camp and so maybe Aelin was a safe topic for the two men to speak on, maybe Brynjar had more information about what happened between the missing northern boy and Aelin as well.

After some fashion of walking and talking the two men would come upon one of the missing scouts. A woman with chestnut color hair. She lay on the ground, covered in mud and blood a gruesome wound on her abdomen lay open and steaming.

“Do you smell that?” Declan asked. There was something foreign and off-putting under the stink of death. Declan had hardly any time to think about the strange scent when suddenly bursting from the trees around them were several of the other missing Lupo.

There were four. Three men and a woman, each man held a heavy hand ax in their grip, the woman was armed with a bow and all carried a knife on their belts. They roared with feral rage, their pupils large enough that they almost turned their eyes black. The four wolves raged and flew at Declan and Brynjar with murderous intent.

One of the men, a large man seven feet tall if he was an inch charged at Brynjar while the other two went for Declan. The woman with the bow aimed at them both, firing an arrow at Brynjar hoping to skewer him in the chest as he faced down the hulking wolf.

One of those he went after Declan swung his ax as Declan kneeled near the corpse they had found. He hardly had time to roll out of the way, the attacker's ax buried deep into the flank of the dead Lupo.

The other advanced on Declan who scrambled backward, scooting with his hands and bottom to try and put some distance between him and the oncoming assailant.

They may have found more than they bargained for.

It was clear that Brynjar's words had a deep effect on Declan and he was glad of that, he had wanted to offer his support to Declan and it was good to know that the man was in need of his compassion. There was still something that he felt Declan was holding back, something that he felt that meant his affirmation was not taken in fully as Brynjar had wanted. He wanted to delve in deeper and figure out why Declan wouldn't allow himself to be fully appreciated, especially since he was a valued member of their growing group at least in Brynjar's mind. There were few people who didn't get along with the Lupo. He offered a warm smile, "if you ever need to talk about what is on your mind then you can talk to me. I won't pry since having privacy and things kept to yourself is important." Brynjar affirmed as he then looked into the forest.

There was a comfort that came with having company and a reassurance that his back was covered if anything went wrong. "I appreciate the compliment, being an Alpha and a leader is all I know how to be. Sometimes I even wonder if this was the life I wanted." Brynjar admitted, he felt comfortable opening up with the fellow Lupo, especially since Declan wasn't another Alpha nor was he someone looking for any weaknesses to take Brynjar down. He paused and sniffed, the scents of the forest felt off. The rotting of leaves and such made it feel like late Autumn or even Winter weather yet outside the forest was still warm and vibrant. There was an uneasiness to the scents that were invading Brynjar's nostrils. He kept moving but his eyes were scanning the surroundings as he listened to Declan speak.

"I came looking for Lupo. My parents had believed that between the wars and the purge from the Fayth that all pure blood Lupo were wiped out. They were so convinced that they wanted me to claim the title Anasi with no proof of any other Lupo and be the ruler. I felt that I needed to at least explore the galaxy, gain some insight from the galaxy and see if there were any Kaiha left. I arrived on Bellassa since there were rumours of Lupo being there and I found Aelin and Børre, Aelin and I talked for a bit. I decided to stick around since if I truly want to be Anasi then I need to be around everyone here and try convincing everyone that I am worthy of being the ruler. Though I know Gerwald would never just stand by and let me lead, though I refuse to stand by and let him lead." Brynjar stated as he was looking around in case some danger came around. "I haven't really spoken to Aelin since the Summerlight Gathering. I messed up and jumped the gun, with being the last member of my clan and thinking it would strengthen my position, I proposed she be my mate when we were basically strangers." It was the first time Brynjar admitted that to anyone.

Sniffing, there was something wrong about the body and when more Lupo sprung from seemingly nowhere, Brynjar raised his axe. "Back off, I do not wish to kill our kin, but leave me no choice and I will end you." Brynjar barked with a growl as he barely avoided the arrows. It seemed these Lupo wanted death but he knew there was something different as well, they were crazed by something. Brynjar blocked with one of his axes, hearing the ring of metal echo in the woods. He pulled out his second axe and swung it at the hulking beast. The man was an impressive size and it would be a shame to end his life but Brynjar was not going to die, not this day at least. His final slice chopped the hand on the Lupo off, it disarmed the man without killing him.

Staring at the archer woman, he growled and charged forward, shots fired and one landed in his shoulder. Pain wasn't even felt as Brynjar allowed the adrenaline and bloodlust take over. His axes cut into the woman, killing her swiftly but Brynjar didn't stop. His axes kept swinging down till his arms tired and then Brynjar started punching and getting blood all over his chest, face and arms. He howled and celebrated the taste of bloodlust after holding back for so long. He hadn't fought like this since meeting the new Lupo, he tried so hard to be reserved and collected so he appeared the smart leader type but the sight of blood, the adrenaline, the rush of battle, it was too much. He left the bloody stain that was the woman's corpse and with only his fists, he attacked the hulking man. Not caring about leaving them alive now, he wanted to kill. His fists punched till the hulking figure was nothing but another stain.

Brynjar panted hard, sweat and blood glistening from his body. "Think there are more looking to kill us?!" Brynjar shouted to Declan, curious to see how well he was doing.

…Sometimes I even wonder if this was the life I wanted." Brynjar admitted.

How many of us truly get the life we want? Declan thought to himself. It certainly wasn't him but then again, what life had he truly wanted? At fourteen, he would've given up everything to live a simple life, to share a bed with Malinda, have a family with her, share a table with his brothers and help his father rule. At sixteen the life he saw for himself was full of adventure, reliving the stories of Durin I, facing giant monsters and scores of Wild Wolves, discovering holy places thought lost to time. At seventeen for one mad moment he thought, his life was one as Alpha, as the new protector and hours later his life ceased to be his own. Trapped, beaten and nearly killed Declan spent many years after as a slave, so long that he saw no other life for himself and now he was here, living a life he had not foreseen.

Declan listened to Brynjar's story of how he came to them. Declan was surprised to hear that it was Brynjar that sought out the others on Bellassa; he himself had virtually no contact with any other Lupo in his time away from Islimore. Except at Blackbourne manor and that had ended in blood but again after close to a decade without seeing another of his kin they seemed to find him all at once. First Aelin and Børre on Hutta, finding him in the pits, nothing more than a "Den rat" as Aelin had called him upon their first meeting and then only a few weeks later, Karim had found him floating alone in the dead of space, bound and chained surrounded by the corpses of his crew.

If Declan had found that interesting it was nothing compared to when Brynjar mentioned his intention to claim the title of Anasi. By the gods, how many more of them wished to rule? Did he know that Aelin too sought to unite the clans under her own name? Would they do this together? Is that why they snuck off together away from the others, to devise how best to do it? What did they who grew up away from Islimore and their history want with being the Alpha of the Alphas? If they were opposed, who would Declan side with? Would he side with either?

These thoughts and a million more slammed around in his head so furiously he hardly heard Brynjar say he proposed that Aelin take him for a mate at the Summerlight. He would've told Brynjar not to worry about that. He should've told him that it was nothing to worry about since Aelin seemed not to hold it against him from what Declan had seen but thoughts of the future and his place in it drew his focus, that was until screaming ax wielding enemies drew his focus even further away.

Declan continued scooting as the enemy bared down on him. The advancing assailant stood taller than Declan at his full height but not as tall as Brynjar or the man that had attacked him. Gnarled bloodied hands held a wicked bearded hand ax, worn from age and covered in still drying blood. The attacker threw his head back, wild black hair flying around his face, and let loose a roar of blood lust. Declan stopped scooting backward and threw himself forward into the oncoming man's legs, sending him crashing down to the forest floor on top of Declan. The two men rolled around in the mud and dead vegetation, each trying to grab ahold of the other, the ax lost somewhere on the ground away from them. Grabbing and yanking on the loose dark hair of his opponent Declan was able to scramble on top of his foe. Not once but thrice Declan slammed his fist hard down on what he assumed was the man's mud covered head.

Blood streaked and mud covered hands reached up toward Declan's face hoping to stop the onslaught anyway possible, fingers reached into his mouth and pulled desperately at his cheek, sharp nails cutting deep into flesh, the taste of iron filling his mouth as his head was pulled to the side and the balance he had astrid the downed foe was thrown off kilter. Declan could not give up his position of advantage. He could not. He bit down hard hearing a crunch and a muffled scream from below him.

Jaws clenched and ground until the crunching stopped with a pop and a fresh spray of metallic taste filled his mouth. He spat blood and fingers onto the fallen man underneath him who screamed louder than ever as Declan's own hand ran over his face until his thumb found purchase in the man's eye socket. There was a grinding and screams and the feeling of something soft being crushed and pierced, until there was a pop so loud it hurt his ears. The man's maimed hand reached up to where his eye used to be and the screaming continued, no longer the sounds of a man but of an animal wounded and afraid.

Half a laugh and half a howl erupted from Declan as his enemy's fear and pain crashed over him like a wave. He felt nothing less than unbridled joy at suffering felt by his foe. Soft sounds came from somewhere behind him, miles and miles from him, he thought but getting closer.

The hair on his neck stood straight, there was danger, he had to move. No. Wait. A voice within commanded. Now! Declan rolled to his back and switched positions with the maimed screaming Lupo who's screams stopped suddenly as the ax wielded by the last living lupo buried deep into the screaming man's skull.

Wild crazy eyes looked down at Declan as the remaining enemy tried fruitlessly to unstick his weapon. With a burst of strength Declan shoved the corpse hard toward his new foe driving him backwards and allowing Declan to rise to his feet.

Declan thrust his arm forward palm out and a burst of energy from The God's sent his opponent hurtling away and crashing into a large tree with a sick thud and a crack as his arm bent in a sickeningly unnatural way. Without knowing how Declan found the discarded ax from before as it came flying into his hand as though it were magnetized. Declan sent the weapon flying through the air and watched satisfied as it stuck deep into the broken arm Lupo's chest. The man wheezed once or twice before falling.

Covered in mud and blood Declan's chest heaved as he looked over to Brynjar who was similarly covered in victorious glory. The Wolf's Wood filled with wolf song as Declan howled in bloody triumph. His heart's greatest wish at this moment was to go find Firenne Van-Derveld Firenne Van-Derveld , though his thoughts drifted Karim once again, as well.

"We should find out what caused their madness." Declan said between ragged breaths as he yanked the ax from the skull of the dark haired lupo.

Traveling deeper into the forest the two adventurers would find themselves in part of the forest that lost all the color of the red and gold plants normally found in The Wolf's Wood. Here they were surrounded by blackened and dead plants, gnarled thorn- ridden vines snaked around everything, choking the very life from the vegetation and the very air itself was thick with dread and foreboding that would weigh on them like they had been forced to the bottom of the sea. This was a dark place and full of terror.

Hearing the howls from Declan, Brynjar could tell that the other Lupo was doing fine in his fight. Brynjar had seen Declan lose himself to primal instincts once before on Coruscant but back then it wasn't helpful to the situation they were in. Now, now it was completely fine, they were fighting for their lives and why not enjoy that fight a little more than necessary. Brynjar panted hard, the fight wasn't over yet and the wolf inside him screamed to join the fray but with the craziness and darkness, Brynjar still wanted to try some caution. His wolf side tended to get reckless and dangerous at times and right now he needed to be careful encase the situation changed. Brynjar spotted his axes a few feet from him and used the Force to pull them into his hands. Rising from his spot, his body was soaked in blood.

The arrows in his shoulder slowly began letting him know that they were there, he pulled them out and growled loudly, they were not comfortable to remove and he had to make sure they were protected from getting infected. He was not going to die from an infection, that was never going to happen, at least until he was closer to 200. Even then, he rather be killed in a fight than die of infection at that age. It was rough patchwork but he made sure that his wounds were covered and sorted then looked over to Declan, "are you injured?" He asked in a gruff tone. Better they were to sort it out now before moving on.

"What do you think could cause this madness? Human magic or poison?" Brynjar asked cautiously, his knowledge of things outside of the Lupo way of life was heavily limited and he sighed deeply, "We should not have killed them. As much as I needed this, they were innocent and our people..." Brynjar was swiftly coming down from the bloodlust high and looked at the dead bodies, "we are too few in number to be killing ourselves." Brynjar growled, ashamed of his actions. "Lets find whoever did this to them and make them suffer. They will beg for death long before they die for this." Brynjar promised as he rose and stormed forward.

Noticing the difference in the environment around him, Brynjar looked over to Declan, "we are heading in the right direction. Whatever caused this is destroying the nature of these woods. Must be evil, and very powerful. We need caution." Brynjar suggested, "I do not know what would be the correct approach though, we have no idea what it is that we shall be facing. Do you have any clues from what we have seen?" Brynjar asked, hoping that Declan's experience with the outer galaxy would help them in this situation more than Brynjar's aggressive attack things attitude.

"Are you injured?" Brynjar asked in a gruff tone.

Declan spat a glob of blood tinged saliva onto the forest floor where it was quickly lost in the pool of dark red blood that was forming around the dead man at his feet.

"I'll live." He answered back. Declan was covered head to heel in blood, mud, and bruises. His long brown hair had turned black and heavy from being soaked in the grime. He would need to wash once they returned to camp, perhaps he would make his way to the sacred pool he had once discovered with Brynjar and the priestess Miera, Aelin's sister and the catalyst for so much of the recent events.

"What do you think could cause this madness? Human magic or poison?" Brynjar asked, his voice uncertain and disturbed about what the answer would be.

"Have you ever seen the wolf mad?" Declan asked Brynjar. "Those touched by Malkor, The Dark One? How these wolves would have drawn his ire, I do not know but I would fear, perhaps we may need face a God."

Declan had seen a wolf mad lupo only once in his life. The way the woman fought and strained her bindings, snarling and screaming, scratching, clawing, and biting at anything she could reach including her own face which she had rent to horrible red ribbons, flesh peeled and hanging from her as blood flowed in the claw marks like rivers in canyons. For years every nightmare he had was about that woman.

"We should not have killed them…"Brynjar said, remorse filling his voice as he took in the carnage around them. Declan too let the scene wash over him. He knew Brynjar was right, their numbers were low enough without killing each other but Declan could not find the heart to weep for these wolves, though he knew he should. He had, however, learned long ago that he, Declan Osbourne…no…Durinson, would do what it took to survive.

"They died with weapons in their hands. Perhaps Aerðs will judge them worthy."

Declan stood among the dead plants, eyes scanning for any sign, any tiny detail that could help find answers. It didn't matter what he saw or where he looked, nothing made sense, a Hunter since he was six years old, Declan should have found something in this place that clearly did not belong but he could not focus. There was a constant buzzing in his head as if he had donned a wasp nest for a helmet. There was some sort of malice to this place that assaulted him unrelentlessly, his stomach turned upside down and twisted in knots, his knees were weak, arms were heavy, coming here without resting may not have been the best thing

"It is too late for caution now, My Loves. You are here and You. Are. Mine." A booming voice rang out through the desolate glade in garbled galactic basic that sounded like cracking of tree limbs and the rustling of leaves.

Suddenly as if from nowhere, but no it wasn't from nowhere, what had on first glance appeared to be a gnarled stopped tree revealed itself to be a monster teen foot tall with a stag skull helm atop its head. A living plant with a thirst for warm blood, whose very evil blackened the forest around it and very likely corrupted the members of the pack they were forced to slay. The monstrosity now sought to feast on the flesh of our heroes.

It seemed that Declan was bruised and could use a soothing bath after all this. Which Brynjar couldn't think would be bliss for most folks, he preferred hearing and feeling the power of a waterfall pouring on his body and deafening him from the noises outside. It was one of the few times that he could have some peace and feel calm.

"Wolf mad? Malkor? No, I have not heard of these things." Brynjar stated as he thought about it then shook his head, "it makes no sense that a God would activating harm our people for no reason. Playing tricks, being mischievous or difficult? Sure, but outright harming our people like this, no. This doesn't feel like the acts of a God. No God worth worshipping would drive their people mad or get them killed. This is something else. I can feel it in my bones." Brynjar stated. He was not super religious but he also had strong views on what the Gods should be like, people worthy of the worship they receive and why would his people devote themselves to a being that would kill them.

Declan offered his thoughts on their actions and Brynjar nodded his head quiet. Killing food, humans or people in a duel, he had done all that and more to survive and be here but these were Lupo. These were people that were meant to be his subjects one day if he achieved his parents' dream. And he murdered them, more like annihilated them. There was little but stains from the Lupo he killed, no one could identify their bodies and he was supposed to just move past it all? He felt wrong but at the same time, he knew that he couldn't linger on the losses any more. His actions were done and his judgement would come in time.

There were clear signs that Declan wasn't doing okay and Brynjar approached him, looking at the fellow Lupo. "What is wrong? Focus on my voice, drown out everything else and focus on my voice Declan. I need you here and now." Brynjar wasn't not feeling comfortable in this environment, he was struggling to stay calm but he needed to be the calm one right now. "If you need to leave then head back the way we came and warn the others, I don't want you fighting when you feel this way, I can handle this alone if needs be." He tried to look Declan in the eyes with a seriousness, there was a confidence in that Brynjar could handle this that wasn't necessarily the truth but he didn't want Declan to think anything other than Brynjar was sure he would be okay without the fellow Lupo if Declan needed to leave.

Brynjar saw the sentient plant and almost burst aloud with laughter. It was a walking, talking tree that was causing the issues around here? Yes, he had to be careful but he was expecting a human with deadly powers or magic that was beyond their abilities to combat. A humanoid plant monster, that was something that he could kill, something that he could burn, something he could chop. Holding his two axes firmly in his grip, Brynjar grinned widely, "Oh but you don't understand, you are the one who made the error here, you made me kill my people. So, now you will have to suffer. I am going to inflict so much pain that you will be screeching. Karking monstrosity!"

With a loud war cry, Brynjar launched forward. His axes aiming to slice and chop through any of the vines and tentacles that this monster threw at him. His rage returning sharply and bringing in his battle focus.

"Wolf mad? Malkor? No, I have not heard of these things." Brynjar stated as he thought about it then shook his head, "it makes no sense that a God would activating harm our people for no reason. Playing tricks, being mischievous or difficult? Sure, but outright harming our people like this, no. This doesn't feel like the acts of a God. No God worth worshipping would drive their people mad or get them killed. This is something else. I can feel it in my bones."

Declan hoped Brynjar was right, and not just about them not having to face a displeased God, but he knew that he was not. Declan had seen the darkness of Malkor with his own eyes and bled from the teeth and claws of his worshipers. To think all Gods ruled through benevolence and because they deserved it was the wishful thinking of children. That is an unfair thought. It is the hope of a good man and a strong warrior that those with power deserve that power.

Many an Alpha ruled through fear and swift retribution, why would The Gods, those who shaped the lupo after themselves be any different? To explain to Brynjar that in The Wilds they still sacrifice pups to Malkor would take time they did not have.

Whatever darkness reigned over this part of the wood was affecting Declan far more than it was Brynjar.

"What is wrong? Focus on my voice, drown out everything else and focus on my voice Declan. I need you here and now." Brynjar’s voice called to him through the fog of his mind. The words sounded hollow and echoing as if Bryn were shouting from the mouth of a cavern to Declan who had gotten himself lost deep inside.

"... you need to leave…head back… I don't want you fighting…I can handle this alone..." Brynjar said to him through the fog. Of course he did not need Declan. Some dog trained to die in a hole, what use could he be here now to this Alpha, born and raised to fight, to lead?

Another voice rang through the fog, clearer than Bryn’s it boom and burst into his head as if Declan himself had imaged it but no it was too real, he could practically feel the voice shake his body as it laid claim to the lives of the two lupo warriors.

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A sharp sick laugh like the breaking of branches emanated from the stag-skull helmed monster as Brynjar roared threats at the creature.

Gnarled thorne tipped vines flew from the creature to meet a leaping Brynjar, but they came from more than just in front of the raging warrior. The glade was filled with seemingly dead vines, all were connected to the evil being that had taken over the place, so while two thick ropes of vines shot from the creature toward Brynjay, four more all covered in nasty paralysis inducing thornes came for him from the ground in an attempt to seize Bryn by his arms and legs.
Declan was still lost in the fog, fighting a mental battle to return to the mortal plane and help his friend but for now it was beast vs Brynjar.

For Brynjar, it wasn't that there couldn't be tyrannical gods, that there were gods who were purely evil, there were. But he questioned whether they were actually gods or stories to ensure children grew up understanding that actions held consequences. For there were some who did not see this and devastated the lives of many because they believed they were above the consequences of their actions. Brynjar never believed there were gods out there that could harm the worshippers, for the sole reason that if you kill the worshippers or everyone who knows you, then you are forgotten. And if you can be forgotten then were you truly ever a god?

It was a debate for another time and a debate that Brynjar never wished to have since the conversations around gods always left him more confused than it began with. Instead, he focused on the task at hand, the duty of slicing vines and ensuring that this plant beast suffered for forcing his hand. As he called out to Declan, it was clear that there was something sinister going on within his head, something that was evil and wicked. Brynjar growled, this beast, it was karking with his friend's head. Now it was not ready for the rage of the barbarian that was Brynjar.

A roar boomed from Brynjar as he held his stance, his roaring went on for a while, letting the plant monster prepare its vines. It didn't matter, the roar was pumping Brynjar, flooding his body with adrenaline and allowing him to ignore any pain that was to come from this fight. A quick sniff, some of the vines were poisonous, something in them that would do more than scratching. Brynjar realised that he needed to be careful. His axes sliced through the vines, sweat was coating his body as he moved swiftly and ensuring that he dodged any of the poisonous thorns that got too close. However, he was getting scratched and cut deeply by the other thorns, his body wasn't registering the pain currently but he knew that fighting this alone was not sustainable.

Looking over to Declan, the man needed help. There was only one thing that Brynjar could think of. His mother described a power that an Alpha should have when using the gift was a shared battle bloodlust as she called it. A power that raised the morale and skills of his fighters while weakening the enemy's skills. He was not proficient with the power but now was a good a time as any. Breathing in deeply as he slid backwards and avoided a thorny vine attack. His mind expanded and he shared his strength, his fortitude, his bloodlust with Declan. He shared the connection of being Lupo and tried guiding Declan out to the open to help him fight.

"Come on Declan! Together! Let us show this plant fodder what a true predator can do!" Brynjar roared over to his friend. "Focus on my voice, focus on my power!" He was hoping that this power would be enough to help Declan rise above the cowardly attacks of the plant beast.

Holding one axe firmly, he threw it straight at the beast, aiming to hit the creature straight in the chest.

"Come on Declan! Together! Let us show this plant fodder what a true predator can do!" Brynjar roared over to his friend. "Focus on my voice, focus on my power!"

A warmth rose in Declan’s chest and spread throughout his body with each beat of his heart. The lead drained from his arms, his legs once again stood firm on solid ground and the fog around his mind began to clear. No longer was he trapped in a cavern of confusion but now returned to the real world he was reminded of where he was and why. The monstrous tree stood in his line of sight with one of Brynjar’s axes buried deep in its chest. The monster’s cracking laugh continued as it pulled the weapon from its body and snapped the axe’s handle like a twig, throwing the weapon to the ground with contempt.

Several spear-like vines were flung at Brynjar and a handful of thick black vines covered in pulsing red pods that looked like open sores reached for Declan. Declan now clear in his intent to put an end to the monster simply swung his ax and cut down the disgusting vines. As his blade moved through the slimy oil-colored plants like gardener’s sheers a fine black mist was released from the pods and immediately flew into Declan’s face. It covered his beard and flew down his mouth, up his nose, and into his eyes. The fog from before was gone and Declan was now subsumed by darkness.

He was no longer with Brynjar in the tainted meadow. He in fact was no longer on Islimore. He was nowhere. Surrounded on all sides by pitch-black. Then from behind him or no, from all around him, he heard the sound of soft footsteps in water. She appeared as if from nowhere, the ground beneath her bare feet rippled, dark hair in a thick braid spilled out from beneath her hood and the tattoos around her mouth were unmistakable, fear and longing fought one another to take hold in his heart as she reached for him, putting a hand gently on his chest.

“Það er ekki lengur tími til að kúga. Sýndu þeim mátt þinn, Durinson.” She said in a voice as deep and seductive as velvet before leaning in and kissing him gently on the lips.

Thunder boomed in the distance and Declan’s eyes opened.

Out of the darkness and in the world with Brynjar, the spores or whatever they were had taken their effect. Declan’s eyes were as dilated as those of the Lupo warriors they had been forced to fight less than an hour ago.

Declan lifted a hand. Thin blue strands of electrified power danced around his fingers growing larger and more powerful as they raced up his arm until his whole body was engulfed in a field of blue crackling power. Lightning raced from Declan popping and snapping vines along the forest floor until a torrent of power engulfed the laughing monster who started to scream as its appendages and finally its body burst into flame from the dark power coming from Declan. Distorted laughter emanated from Declan as he watched the creature die.

Declan then rounded on his friend. His eyes fully black, lightning still crackling around him.

“berðu vígtennurnar unga. Láttu okkur sjá hvort þú átt skilið það sem þú sækist eftir.” Declan said to Brynjar in a deep and distorted voice sounding nothing like his normal self.

It is no longer time to cower. Show them your power, Durinson.

bare your fangs young one, let us see if you deserve what you seek

Last edited:
Brynjar could feel Declan rise against the power of the beast. He did not allow it to conquer his mind, Brynjar felt proud in his powers and in Declan to resist such attacks. They were never easy and Brynjar knew all too well how being broken psychologically can do to a Lupo. His mother had been training him against such attacks for years now.

Seeing his axe ripped from the chest and snapped was painful, more painful than any of the attacks. Brynjar had forged that axe himself, carved the wood by hand, to see it snapped and gone. It was proof that this world, he needed stronger, he needed Medelwr. But also proved that he was folly to think this beast would be easy to kill on his own. Though he was thinking it was more helping Declan to get away and find reinforcement since the man looked broken and lost initially. Hopefully, this shared bloodlust would strength Declan's resolve and demonstrate what they could do as a team, and that both of them deserved to be Lupo.

Holding his axe in his right hand, he saw the vine spears flying towards him. Brynjar moved and slashed at the vines, only feeling one slice deep against his side. Grunting loudly as he winced before gripping the vine and chopping it off. From there, he flipped the vine around and launched it at the creature's head like a javelin. Seeing it bury in the head but not kill the creature, Brynjar growled, conventual tactics were not working. He looked over to Declan and checked to see how his friend was doing, it seemed like he had gotten himself coated in some black ink. Losing control of himself like the Lupo that they had faced before.

It was the display of power that Brynjar had not truly seen before. Some kind of Lightning emanated from him, set the creature on fire and killed it. Brynjar was glad to see the creature dead but he knew in his gut that the fight was not truly over. That Declan wasn't freed in the way that he had planned. Disconnecting the shared bloodlust, Brynjar buried his axe deep into a tree. "I will not fight you Declan."

He knew that they had to kill the other Lupo as they attacked them but now Brynjar knew, he knew that it was this black inky liquid that possessed them. How to stop this, he didn't know. Best way to get through this was to just knock Declan out and drag back to his people for help. "Attack me if you must Declan, but I will not kill you. Too many of us have died today."

Holding his fists up for a guard, Brynjar waited to see what Declan would do.

"I will not fight you Declan."

"Þá muntu deyja." Declan warned in his dark distorted voice. He slid the ax he had taken from the corpse of the lupo hunter he had been forced to kill and like Brynjar he threw it away. The blade of the ax sunk deep into the soil and the handle stuck out from the ground.

"Attack me if you must Declan, but I will not kill you. Too many of us have died today." Brynjar told Declan as he prepared for the event of Declan’s attack.

“Ef þú vilt ekki berjast, hvernig geturðu vonast til að leiða? Þeir sem létust voru veikir. Hópurinn efldist við dauða þeirra. á það að vera eins hjá þér?” Declan asked darkly.

Declan charged at Brynjar, he moved quickly but not out of control, closing the distance between them in only a few steps. Declan jabbed twice with his left hand, testing Brynjar’s defensive strategy, then he tried to land a vicious right hook to the head.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Declan stood in the dark with the woman from his dreams.

“Where am I?” He asked

“Hvergi og alls staðar.” Her velvety voice answered. “Hér dvelur hann.”

“He?...Who?” Declan asked

“Sá sem þú hefur hlaupið frá, Durinson.” She told him with all the patience one would when explaining something to a child that they should already know.

The Wolf.

(First spoiler is Declan to Bryn translation)
Then you will die."

If you will not fight, how can you hope to lead? Those who died were weak. The pack grew stronger with their death. shall it be the same with yours?

(Second spoiler is mysterious woman to Declan)

Nowhere and everywhere. This is where he dwells.

The one you have been running from, Durinson

Last edited:
Declan kept moving forward, charging forward at Brynjar. The Alpha sighed since he knew that he was going to have to defend himself against Declan, something that he wasn't exactly looking forward to. Breathing in deeply, he remembered the times he had to fight his father, the old man would always be aggressive and launch into the fight. Brynjar realised it would be similar here, Declan was bigger guy, Brynjar was not a skinny twig but Declan was just a bigger, more impressive guy. Brynjar was honestly surprised that he wasn't the Alpha of his clan but that was likely just due to how impressive his brothers and family were as a whole.

However, for Brynjar it meant one thing. He needed to be faster. Agile was the key here, if he was standing around and trying to take the hits then he would be on the backfoot and find himself a lot weaker. It was how his father use to fight him growing up, heavier and stronger, Brynjar never stood a chance in terms of raw power meeting raw power. Sliding around, moving out of the way and keeping on his toes. That was the only way to avoid getting hit.

"Minn andlát er eigi nú. Hvárgi munu ykkarr, bróðir." Brynjar replied in Wulfi, it seemed that Declan was only speaking in the native tongue, he wasn't sure what the black ink was but it was controlling his mind. As the jabs came, Brynjar ducked to the side, letting them harmlessly punch the air. His hooks came at the side of Declan hard. Aiming to hit his ribs should the blow connect.

The hook from Declan to the head was one that Brynjar blocked with his arm. "Ek leið eigi með dráp þau séð sem veikburða. En lyfta þau upp, gerð þau sterkari. Ef vér halda dráp þau vieweð sem veikburða þá allr en Lupo munu munu vinstri." He wanted the clans to be strong, to be able to fight and destroy the Fayth, ridding themselves of the humans but he knew that it wouldn't work out that way. Aelin made it clear with his fight with Gerwald that they couldn't just rely on strength, they needed to train people.

Shaking his head at Declan, "Þú veit betri þan flestr. Vér eigbuilðr fólk upp, þú hafworkeðr harðr til lift mik, Aelin ok svá mang fleiri fólk upp. Gereigir láta brjálæði eyðileggingu þú" Sliding around, behind Declan, he tried to grip the Lupo into a chokehold in the hopes of knocking his friend out to take back to safety. However, it was much riskier manoeuvre than Brynjar was use to making.

*My death is not now. Neither is yours, brother.

**I lead not by killing those seen as weak. But lifting them up, making them stronger. If we keep killing those viewed as weak then all but Lupo will be left.

***You know better than most. We must build people up, you have worked hard to lift me, Aelin and so many others up. Don't let madness ruin you.

Declan’s jabs struck nothing but air. Not wholly unexpected but it showed that Brynjar was more agile and quick on his feet than one would expect from someone his size. Declan ignored tha man’s mewlings. Using the true tongue to advocate for the weak was not worth responding to. Either this would-be-Anasi would see the truth in Declan’s words through action or he would prove to be no Anasi at all.

Brynjar’s counter strikes landed home hard into Declan’s side. There was a crunch and he now made a queer wheezing sound when he breathed. Declan’s own counter hook went blocked and his compromised breathing allowed Brynjar to use his quickness to try and take Declan’s back and put him in a choke hold. The close quater nature of this struggle would allow Declan’s power to become more of a factor that and a number of years almost dying taught one that fighting dirty worked.

Declan swung his hand back behind him like a pendulum reaching between Brynjar’s legs hoping to grab a hold and squeeze a very sensitive and important bit of anatomy.

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I can’t see.” Declan told the woman as they stood surrounded by darkness

“Þú vilt ekki sjá, Durinson. Þú hefur aldrei.” She responded

You don’t want to see Durinson. You never have.

For Brynjar, he wasn't advocating for the weak, he just was refusing to see them as weak and fat that needed trimming. To him, they were people he was failing as Alpha. No, everyone deserved a chance to be raised up and made stronger. "segja mik bróðir, hverr hafritinnr til ákveða hvat er sterkr ok hvat er veikburða?" Brynjar grunted into the ear of Declan as he kept a firm grip on the chokehold, his muscle bulging in order to constrict the airways. He felt Declan reach for the groin and growled. It was a dirty, cheap shot but one he should have predicted for, it was one of the few ways out of a hold. His arm reinforcing the hold, released and gripped the wrist of Declan to prevent him from reaching his groin and doing any harm there. His other arm was still trying to choke Declan, gripping the leather of Brynjar's vest as an anchor.

"Declan, if you wanted to touch there, you know that you should buy a man lunch first." Brynjar teased, it was in basic since that was the language he learnt humour so was the default language he turned to when expressing humour. "I really didn't think you were interested in me that way but I'm afraid that I don't just jump into bed." A smirk played on his lips, he wasn't sure if Declan would remember all this but it would be amusing to tease the older wolf about this at a later point. For now, he had to go back to being serious since Declan was still at risk.

A tight grip on one wrist felt like Brynjar had firmly render the arm useless, he really wanted to break Declan from this, "Megin ok veikleiki er eigi vöðva, þat er eigi makt. Lítár Aelin, vífrinn er minnstu Lupo ek hafeverr séð ok enn hon er sterkr vild ok ákveðin, hon er far fran veikburða. Ek mundu at þú ótta um munu veikburða, at þú eru eigi sterkr œrinn inn komparison til restarinnar ór meðlimir klanrinn. En þú eru sterkr, þú eru sterkr eigi réttr því at ór þinn vöðva en því at þinn hjarta gerir þú sterkr. Fit þessi. Fit þessi myrkur!"

Brynjar could only hope that his speech, his words would get through to Declan.

*tell me brother, who has the right to determine what is strong and what is weak?

**Strength and weakness is not muscle, it is not power. Look at Aelin, the woman is the smallest Lupo I have ever seen and yet she is strong willed and determined, she is far from weak. I remember that you fear about being weak, that you are not strong enough in comparison to the rest of the members of the clan. But you are strong, you are strong not just because of your muscle but because your heart makes you strong. Fight this. Fight this darkness!

"segja mik bróðir, hverr hafritinnr til ákveða hvat er sterkr ok hvat er veikburða?" Brynjar grunted into the ear of Declan as he kept a firm grip on the chokehold.

"Megin ok veikleiki er eigi vöðva, þat er eigi makt. Lítár Aelin, vífrinn er minnstu Lupo ek hafeverr séð ok enn hon er sterkr vild ok ákveðin, hon er far fran veikburða. Ek mundu at þú ótta um munu veikburða, at þú eru eigi sterkr œrinn inn komparison til restarinnar ór meðlimir klanrinn. En þú eru sterkr, þú eru sterkr eigi réttr því at ór þinn vöðva en því at þinn hjarta gerir þú sterkr. Fit þessi. Fit þessi myrkur!"

The chokehold was firm and the wheezing that had been coming from Declan was becoming a sputtering as he clung to consciousness. His hand brushed along the inside of Brynjar’s thigh as he attempted to free himself. Brynjar had also taken note of his reach and blocked Declan’s attempted hands-on castration but that meant he was only holding onto Declan with one arm now. As strong as Bryn was and he was damned strong, he nor hardly anyone was strong enough to hold Declan with one arm. His free hand pressed up under Brynjar’s elbow lifting the man’s arm up onto Declan’s face which was still slick with black ink and half-dried blood, the disgusting substances helped make him slippery enough to pop loose from Brynjar’s grip.

Declan stumbled a few paces away from Brynjar and turned back toward his former partner.

“Sigurvegarinn.” He answered Brynjar, with his eyes nothing more than deep black orbs, his bare chest covered in a mix of ink and blood heaving from the effort to breathe as much as rage.

Declan raised a blood-soaked hand and with the power of The Gods began to squeeze trying to crush Brynjar’s spirit and his throat.

“Styrkur er andi. Styrkur er að gera það sem þarf þegar þess er þörf. Styrkur er að sleppa takinu. Aelin verður prófaður nógu fljótt. Það er ekki veikleiki sem Durinsblood óttast, það er styrkur.”

The victor.

Strength is spirit. Strength is doing what is needed when it is needed. Strength is letting go. Aelin will be tested soon enough. It is not weakness Durinsblood fears, it is strength.

Breaking free from his chokehold, it was frustrating but Brynjar's only true hope was that the man was close to unconscious when he did that. It was clear that he wasn't and now the man was free. Breathing in deeply, his body was covered in the same slick ink stuff and Brynjar could only hope that what this substance was that consumed Declan, it had to be consumed orally. It would not bode well if both of them fell to the darkness. Brynjar needed to think of a way to end this fast, he still wanted to save his friend. A Draoidae might know how to cure the man but he needed the big guy knocked out. Looking around, all he could see was the handle of his axe... Could?.... Yeah, that could work.

Before his plan could be set in motion, Brynjar's airway constricted as if he was being choked. Lifting in the air, he knew that Declan was using the Gift to do this. Choking him from a distance, it was something his parents had done as a punishment tactic and his father also wanted to test his capabilities in getting free from a trap like this. No point wasting time, wasting time was going to get him hurt. He wished that this didn't go too painfully for Declan, reaching deep inside, Brynjar tapped into the Gift. From there, he blasted a strong Force Push at the feet of the Lupo, aiming to knock him off balance and cutting the choking.

Spluttering away, Brynjar dove into the bushes and hid. He needed to recover from the choking and think on what Declan meant about Aelin. Tested soon enough? What did Declan know about Aelin that Brynjar didn't? Was she thinking of going for the Anasi role? He had seen that possibility from the Summerlight Gathering, it had been partly why the initial mating offer had been made. He thought it would be tactical but Brynjar realised it had been silly and dropped those notions. Was it that or was it Declan announcing his next target? If it was the next target situation then Brynjar needed to end it now since he was not letting his mistake wreak havoc on the other Lupos. Especially not Aelin.

Pulling his axe into hand, Brynjar felt his throat sore and tender but allowing his breathing to return to normal. He accelerated at Declan, as he got in close, Brynjar feint a swipe at the head with the axe, then slid around the big guy and jumped on Declan's back. The axe's handle choking Declan this time as Brynjar hope that using the wood would work a little better than trying to use his arm again. He jumped on the back to avoid another crotch attack from Declan as well. This was his best plan in knocking the man out.

"Kannski. En ek hugsatr megin megkomar fran fer eftir á fleiri fólk ok láta þau lyfta þú upp. Lonerinn vargr deyr hvile pakka lifir af." Brynjar grunted as he held firm on the chokehold. "Svá, einnhverr veikleiki er oss mistakast til lyfta þau fólk upp, til gerþaur sem sterkr sem oss, fyrir vér erum allr einn stórr pakka."

"Ok ek em eigi fer til mistakast þú, ek munu gerþúr hvole aftur, bróðir" Brynjar whispered as he attempted to finish knocking Declan out.

*Maybe. But I think that our strength comes from others lifting us up. The lone wolf dies while the pack survives.

**So, any weakness is us failing to lift those people up, to make them as strong as us, for we are all one big pack.

***And I am not going to fail you, I will make you whole again brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom