Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Debemus Constare (LotF Leadership)

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Rave Merrill"] [member="Anders Sivas"] [member="Kitt Solo"] [member="Lucianus Adair"] [member="Jared Ovmar"] [member="Sargon Vynea"]

Popo the Hutt had arrived in Fringe space relatively recently in a single shuttle flying Republic diplomatic codes. He'd come to attempt to negotiate the Fringe's aid in the ongoing hostilities between the Republic and the One Sith. With luck, negotiations would be successful and their help would be garnered. That said, Popo knew negotiations would be difficult as relations between the two factions were slightly on the chilly side, though the Hutt was determined.

"Thank you for meeting me on short notice," the Hutt said politely with a gracious nod. "I understand that you often have more pressing concerns and your attention to my visit is highly appreciated."

Republic Politician [member="Popo"] the Hutt came with an interesting set of tricks. Or so I'm imagining as I come into the Council Room and take my seat. I pull on the collar of my dress shirt and adjust my watch. This smells like a potential for military action and it'd make me shiver if I didn't have to be terribly bright. A Z1 Administration Droid hangs out behind my chair, tapping at a data pad. Sparkles the Droid passes it to me, and I start flipping through.

"You're welcome. As the others come in, why don't you tell us what this is about?"

It was an interesting position to be in - he had been at Coruscant, terrorizing Jedi. The hunt had gotten the better of him and he could not find it in himself to resist the allure of such an opportunity, especially when Na'Varro had signalled his intent to be there. Meeting with the grand poobah of the Republic, whom had not been Republican at all at O'reen - Adair would never forget O'reen - was somewhat of an easier prospect than meeting with one who was.

Regardless, the hutt represented that territory, and thus, these talks would hardly be a 'piece of cake'. That much was certain in his mind. Coming in dressed in the dark colours to which he was accustomed, the High Councilor for Economic Affairs took up his usual seat in the Council Room (which resided in the primary building of the complex that housed all the main offices of the government of the Fringe Confederacy) and cast a glance to [member="Anders Sivas"] as his fellow councilor asked as to the reason for the presence of [member="Popo"] in their territory. He shifted slightly, getting comfortable, and leaned to one side on an arm, centering his attention on their hutt visitor.

He said nothing, equally curious as to what the answer might be, and whether any other members of the council would be present to hear it.

[member="Jared Ovmar"] | [member="Lucien Cordel"] | [member="Sargon Vynea"]​

Lucien came into the council room next shadowed as ever by his assistant. He was not best pleased at having been called in to meet with a republican. "A republic mouth peice , how qauint" Lucien said quietly to his assistant as he neared the table. His assistant as ever remained quite and emotionless.

Lucien arrived at his own seat and indicated to his assistant to help him from his jacket. Lucien was as ever dressed in a three price suit. He had selected a pale grey suit that morning. He smoothed down his waist coat before sitting down. His area had been prepped before he had entered and a bottle of sparkling water and a fine cut glass awaited him.

He looked over their guest as he poured a glass. It was uncommon to see a Hutt in the upper echelons of Republican politics, despite his hatred Lucien was intrigued.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
I sat next to Anders, and just listened for now. I fought against the Republic on Coruscant, true enough, but in heart I am a pragmatist. If the Republic can make it worth our while, I would gladly put my vote forward to take on the One Sith.

In the end that was all there was to it. Profit. Profit and opportunity. People who wanted to consider principles should go and play with their dolls. This was business.

[member="Lucien Cordel"] [member="Lucianus Adair"] [member="Anders Sivas"] [member="Popo"]

Moving into the room with silence the Zabrak looked over the faces before sitting next to [member="Lucien Cordel"], one of his many old friends at the table. "Republic talks I see, well why does this feel like an old song and dance just being redone. When they are high they invade us without cause, when they are low they're always willing to talk. Of course that could just be the nature of a republic always shifting in the sands of the voting masses."

Leaning back Sargon nodded his head to each member of the Council as he flowed through the Force greeting each personally in his own way, touching on their own signatures with his. The whole council was just about here now, the only thing Popo would have come himself for felt a bit obvious to Sargon, the question was why did he think the Fringe were the ones to turn to? Keeping his eyes on the Hutt, he awaited the man's proposal.

[member="Jared Ovmar"]
[member="Lucianus Adair"]
[member="Anders Sivas"]
[member="Popo"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom