Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Death is but a Door; Time is but a Window

That made sense; especially as Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell seemed to still be running hot. Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell may not believe it, but the bantha didn't travel far from the Tusken, both had similiar temperments when it came to topics. Often times, just as stubborn.

Not to mention Judah's penchant to keep personal matters close to his chest; the mere fact he had revealed this much to her was shocking enough. By this point, Danger knew she shouldn't press for more. She spoke to Judah regarding the matter, provided her advice on the old salvager discussing things with Makai for this any any future matters, and she at least determined that Judah hadn't been to intoxicated by a floozy Force Jedi's seductive wiles to ignore his son just so he could bag another hit.

"...I," a pause then a sigh, rubbing her forehead. "I couldn't sleep. To much thinkin'," crying as well if she were honest, but the puffiness around her eyes and her exhausted posture gave plenty of indication of that.

"I don't reckon I can get any rest any time soon. For now, I have the droids refreshin' all the rooms. There should be one in your suite takin' care of things. " She added, mildly aware that any intrusion by a droid seemed to perturb Judah. She didn't know the why, only that he had his feathers ruffled if it was unannounced. Danger figured that it had again, something to do with his personal space and it being invaded.

"Feel free to stay on the Farm s'long as you like," Danger offered, trying to push aside her own grief for the sake of her guests. "Myra will probably stay, knowin' her -- and if she does, odds are Makai will too." the girl will be the one Danger was most concerned about, needing extra attention.

She took a deep breath, steeling herself for the inevitable flood of condolences. "We'll 'ave a funeral service here with the family once everyone arrives and settles in," she continued, her voice hollow and thick in her drawl, "Then the official one on Empress Teta. Alric had everythin' planned out, so it should make it easier."

"Almost ready?"

Makai looked at Ellie in the mirror as they got ready in her childhood bathroom, fixing the cuffs on his all-black attire. Thirty-Seven had picked it out, assuring the more dressed down look would be more appropriate for the family funeral service. A private affair, one to allow for true mourning before the pomp-and-circumstance of Empress Teta.

They had arrived together a few days ago after a complicated bit of travel due to his being so far out in the 'verse. Always a hazard in setting up these mines, many were in far-flung, out of the way places and quite far from any civilization.

Then it had been a whirlwind of grief, planning,and handling affairs dealing with the Farm and companies. Thirty-Seven was still fielding holocalls for them both, having enough knowledge to filter and distill the most important. Mix in the fact a number of friends and family and friends had arrived and it seemed it was a never ending parade of fires or tasks to attend to.

Makai had ordered Thirty-Seven to arrange for some of his belongings to be brought to the Farm. It was clear to him Danger would need help in the short term, at least until the dust settled.

The half-Galan wasn't sure if his father was in the position to do so, nor was he going to wait around for him to decide. Makai would step into the role of dutiful son, man-of-the-house and ensure the day-to-day ran smoothly so the Trade Queen could focus her time elsewhere.

Cashmere grey eyes met ice-blue in the reflection of Myra's bathroom mirror. Despite the somber occasion, memories of similar moments brought a slight flush to her cheeks. Taking a deep breath to steady herself, Myra nodded slowly at Makai's reflection, her hands deftly securing the last hairpin in her dark locks.

For the wake of her father, Myra had chosen to wear a black hat, wanting to look her best as she bid her daddy farewell. The gathering was set to be intimate, held in the solarium where family and close friends could pay their respects, share memories, and honor Alric Kuhn's life. Cocktails and appetizers would follow, providing a moment of solace amid the melancholy.

The presence of her sisters, Rose and Lily, added to the day's tension. Having experienced the disappearance of their parents in the past in a false funeral, they were now grappling with the reality of their father's passing. Lily's request to see Alric's body confirmed the truth for them, though it also revealed a crack in their stoic facade.

Myra sighed softly as she placed the hat atop her mahogany curls, completing her attire with a loose black dress and a cinched overcoat. She added sheer black stockings that went past her knee and S.I.N. heels, along with a touch of makeup to enhance her features.

"How's Mama?" Myra asked, concern evident in her voice as she thought of her mother's well-being. She knew Danger would already be overseeing the final preparations at the solarium. The Queen of Trade had been up since before dawn. Exhaustion was clearly in her body, but getting her to rest and sleep was like pulling teeth.

Rose and Lily had decided to go for a walk around the gardens. Casteel took it upon himself to assist any guest who needed assistance, using his skills to navigate any concerns so that Danger wouldn't have to worry about them.

Now, as for Judah's father.... well... pewter orbs would latch upon Makai again,

"And did you talk to your pa?" she inquired, her pewter eyes searching his for any sign of resolution with his father. Despite the day's heaviness, Myra found solace in each other's company, navigating the complexities of grief and family together. If he hadn't been here... well, things would have been very different for Myra's cycle of grief.

Last edited:
A soft smile met hers in the mirror, knowing exactly what she was thinking. A small benefit of having known someone for nearly all of your life.

Taking another look at his hair in the mirror, Makai frowned, wondering why it was looking extra fluffy. He busied himself looking through the bottles and sprays on the counter, noticing some of his items had drifted over in the last few days. Finding what he was looking for, Makai answered her first question.

"Tired, she needs to sleep. Or at the very least relax. I don't see that happening until after Empress Teta....which is not healthy."

Fingers carefully combed over his hair with the procured hair cream, iced azure locking with cashmere once again.

"I'm concerned." A small quirk of his mouth in amusement to assure her, to use a bit of humor in the situation."I'm half tempted to take her down with a tranquilizer filled blow-dart."

He was only half-joking. Makai was convinced it was going to take drugging the Trade Queen to get her to slow down and stop. Not above doing so, it would be more the mechanics and ethical concerns, not to mention if Ellie would be on board.

"I did. I argued with him while making breakfast about a week ago."

Makai mentioned it as casually as if he was telling her the weather outside. He turned to appraise his appearance, pleased now with his typical swoop to one side.

Instead of mentioning his father any further, he leaned closer and quickly kissed her cheek, not wanting to mess up any of her carefully applied make-up.

"Beautiful as always."

He just wished she was getting dressed up for reasons other than a wake.

[ Mister Dashiell, please move the arrangement twelve centimeters to your left. ]

Somehow, Judah was stuck with Makai's personal droid, Thirty-Seven. On the best of days he could barely tolerate droids, and even then that was in a limited capacity. Having to work one-on-one? Forget it.

Yet there was no shaking the droid, Judah was stuck helping set up the solarium for the wake, so there was no excusing himself.

Moving the arrangement incrementally to the left, looking back to the protocol droid for confirmation.

[ Back two centimeters Mister Dashiell and it will be center. ]

Barely touching the arrangement, this was another reason why he didn't work with droids ; far too precise when it didnt matter. Judah doubted any sentient beyond Casteel would have noticed something being every-so-slightly off center.

[ Excellent Mister Dashiell. Miss Arceneau will appreciate all of your efforts, despite your unwillingness to work with me. ]

"I'm working with you now, am I not, Thirty-Seven?"

[ Of course Mister Dashiell. However, body language indicates you are uncomfortable around non-organics. There is nothing to be concerned of, I have only been created relatively recently to assist Mister Makai Dashiell in all aspects of his life. ]

"All aspects?" Judah laughed, wondering what that even looked like.

[ Yes, personal and professional. I have also observed tension between yourself and Mister Makai Dashiell. You should handle this as soon as possible. It would not be advisable for Mistress Arceneau to intervene. ]

"I'll....keep that in mind Thirty-Seven."

All the more reason not to like droids ; intruding where they didn't belong.

"Over here," Danger directed with a soft, melodic drawl, her voice carrying a hint of warmth as her feline green eyes scanned the large portrait before her. The image captured Alric Kuhn's smiling face, his graying brown hair and peppered beard a familiar sight that tugged at her heartstrings.

Memories flooded her mind, memories of days filled with laughter and love shared with the Tetan. Despite the pain of his passing, Danger couldn't help but cherish the years they had together. Yet, as the day of the wake approached, sleep eluded her, leaving her to grapple with restless nights consumed by thoughts of their relationship and what lay ahead.

In the silence of the night, her mind became a battleground of insecurities, doubts gnawing at her like relentless maggots. She couldn't shake the nagging feeling that she was somehow inadequate, that perhaps Alric's clone was living a better life without her. But deep down, Danger knew these thoughts were unfounded, mere manifestations of her own fears and uncertainties.

Alric loved her. He loved her with as much love as he could provide. He had been her companion for the last fifteen years and had done his best to show her he loved, respected, and cared for her in the ways he knew how.

It was Danger who could never truly quite believe him. Danger would consistently compare herself to his dead ex-wife and the love they had. The logical part of her mind told her that no two relationships were ever alike, and of course, there wasn't really a way to compare the love one had for a former love to the one now. But it was so hard not to compare herself with how her previous serious relationships resulted in the man that Danger had made herself vulnerable with leaving her for another.

It took constant reminders that ALric had passed due to circumstances not under his control. He had not left her willingly. Alric was not the clone the Tetan had created to start a new life without burdens.

Taking a deep breath, she offered a silent nod of gratitude to the attendant, acknowledging the help of the local villagers who had come to assist. Their presence was a comfort, a reminder of the Tetan's impact on their lives.

As guests began to arrive, Danger's attention was drawn to a familiar platinum-haired figure in the crowd. Casteel, the young Anaxi, had offered his condolences and support, his knowledge of Arceneau Trade and Vanier Industries proving invaluable in navigating the intricacies of the wake.

Approaching him with a gentle touch on his arm, Danger's fatigue was evident despite her attempts to conceal it under layers of perfectly applied makeup. "Everything alright?" she asked, her voice tinged with weariness but laced with gratitude for his presence and assistance.

With a calculated elegance, Casteel's icy-blue eyes shifted from Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell and Thirty-Seven's attempts at a precise arrangement of the table to focus on Danger. His gaze wasn't that of a typical admirer, but rather that of a meticulous observer, scanning for any detail amiss. Despite the informal nature of the gathering, the Anaxi exuded an air of refinement, always keen on upholding appearances.

"Everything is in place, right on schedule," he assured Danger in his calm, measured voice. Judah completed the finishing touches on the arrangements with Thirty-Seven's approval, leaving only the task of greeting the guests and engaging in polite conversation. The evening was meant to be a celebration of Tetan's life, with guests sharing fond memories and stories before indulging in cocktails and appetizers.

The goal was to create a space where family and close friends could gather without the scrutiny of a larger, more formal ceremony. Yet, for Casteel, even intimate gatherings posed their own challenges, navigating the dynamics of familial relationships and the potential for tension.

There is nothing like family knowing exactly where to slash and cut with verbal barbs with the precision of a surgeon's scalpel.

Drawing closer to Danger, Casteel maintained a careful distance, projecting an image of friendly concern without provoking the rumors of a potential indiscretion. His lips formed a subtle expression of worry, a silent suggestion for her to rest.

"May I recommend an early nightcap and some rest?" he suggested softly, his words intended for Danger's ears alone. "If needed, I can arrange for some assistance," he added, recalling similar instances with Myra when she struggled with exhaustion and insomnia.

A shaky smile quivered on Myra's lips as she blinked back tears, her eyes rimmed with red from the overwhelming emotions of the day threatening to smudge her mascara. The compliment from Makai was sweet, but amidst the melancholy of the occasion, it only added to the tumult of emotions brewing within the young heiress. With her heart worn openly on her sleeve and her feelings swinging like a pendulum, tears were inevitable.

"Thank you," she managed to reply, her voice catching in her throat as she struggled to maintain composure. Drawing on her Companion training and the guidance of her therapist, Myra tried to recall her calming mantra to steady her emotions.

In need of something to occupy her hands, she took a tentative step closer to Makai; her gaze lowered as she smoothed out the line of his blazer. Fingers picking at imaginary lint, she focused on regulating her breathing to quell the rising tide of emotions.

"Well... it might not be the worst idea," Myra conceded, considering Makai's lighthearted suggestion about drugging her mother. "Perhaps getting Mama some sleeping pills could help."

"I could check her biometric data at our med bay and see what sleep sedatives would suit her,"
she mused, a thought forming in her mind. "Maybe offer them to her? Or slip them into her whiskey if she objects...." she added with a hint of mischief, biting her lower lip as she met Makai's gaze.

"Why did you argue with your pa?" Turning her attention to him, Myra sought answers in his expression, sensing the underlying pain behind his recent argument with his father. Just the mention of it caused a subtle twitch in the corner of Makai's eyes.

"...Talk to me." she urged gently, reaching out for him. "I know a lot of this has been about Mama and me, but... I know you're hurting too."

"Maybe offer them to her? Or slip them into her whiskey if she objects...." she added with a hint of mischief, biting her lower lip as she met Makai's gaze.

"One of the many reasons I love you ; building on my crazy ideas without a second thought."

It wasn't such a crazy idea in after all. Makai wondered the best way to go about this, who could they loop in that was trusted enough to keep mum but also willing enough to take the fall. Ellie was out of the question ; he didn't need Danger mad at her. There was himself, which Makai didn't mind bending the rules when it came to doing what was right. Maybe his father? Or even Casteel?

During the wake and gathering, Makai would ponder which of the three of them would handle this task.

Ellie reached out to him and he took her hand, drawing closer as she urged him to talk. They didn't have the time right now to dive deep into that pile of manure. Pulling her into his arms, he would have typically rested his chin on her head, but had to refrain due to her hat and carefully pinned hair.

"We don't have the luxury of time right now...besides, this is about you and Danger today."

Instead a compromise was proposed, a perfect middle ground in his opinion.

"How about after all this, we 'borrow' a bottle of wine or two, decompress, get buzzed, and I will be happy to dive into this, no detail undiscussed."

Makai needed to focus on her, on the wake and supporting the family. Diving into his own drama right before the service was distracting and not appropriate.

Judah was doing his best not to draw the ire of Thirty-Seven once again. Arrangements were being set as close to center as possible, using his first one as a guide. Perhaps sensing the elder Dashiell was uncomfortable, Thirty-Seven made the decision to only correct the placement when off by thirteen centimeters or more.

Other things, however, Thirty-Seven was more persistent on.

[ I can provide a schedule if you would like to speak to Mister Makai Dashiell in a more timely manner. Mornings are strictly off limits but I have openings in the early afternoon several days this week.]

Judah looked incredulous as he hunched a little, bending his knees to be eye level with the table, checking placement before the droid could speak further.

"I don't need a schedule to talk to my son."

[ I believe you do Mister Dashiell otherwise you would have already. Mister Makai Dashiell already has several functions planned through the entire month. Perhaps I can tentatively schedule you in on fence-building day? ]

"Fence building day?"

[ Mister Makai Dashiell is expanding the nerf field as per the wishes of the late Mister Kuhn. I have him scheduled for this task for three days. ]

"Oh." There was a long pause. "Go ahead and schedule me for one of the days then."

[ Excellent news. Do I need to send an itinerary and suggested attire? ]

"I think I can manage."

Danger understood what Casteel was offering; to anyone else, especially knowing that the Anaxi was a licensed Companion, they may have inferred that Casteel was providing service between the sheets to achieve her goal of slumber. That, however, was not the case. While love play was an optional portion of a contract with a Companion, they are trained to listen, entertain, soothe, and even offer advice and psychotherapy.

In this instance, as a Companion is taught to read body language, Casteel can discern the high exhaustion and strain the Queen of Trade was putting her body through. While she could undoubtedly hide it under layers of artifice and decades of wearing a mask, Casteel was able to notice the signs of strains. If he could, then odds were family members or friends who knew Danger intimately would also.

"It's fine," It wasn't, but there was nothing else Danger could do. She has already tried several different sleep sedatives and soporific inducers with little to no success. In tried, true redhead fashion, sedatives and painkillers were difficult for her body to process.

"Don't work much for me. I've tried," Danger said, patting his shoulder in gratefulness.

"I'll sort it out," she added, aware of a subtle look of skepticism in Casteel's arctic blue eyes. He only mentioned it out of concern.

"Let's get everyone seated... Makai and Myra should be makin' their way soon." Her green eyes would flicker off in the distance. Two figures caught her attention. The twins, Rose and Lily.

"Keep them company, would you?" She nodded over towards the pair. "They'll need tendin' to."

Casteel's icy-blue gaze lingered on the Trade Queen's face for a moment longer before he offered a cordial nod of acknowledgment. He gave a small bow in deference before straightening, murmuring, "As you wish."

However, in his mind, he mulled over whom to confide in about Danger's condition.

The thought of involving the Little Dove crossed his mind briefly, but he quickly dismissed it. She was too emotionally invested, he reasoned, even as he subtly nodded in agreement to Danger's request for him to keep Lily and Rose Kuhn company. He would ensure they were taken care of despite the tumultuous circumstances.

With a composed demeanor, the young banking executive adjusted the cuffs of his shirt with a slight tug, a subtle gesture of readiness. He knew the stakes were high, akin to a socialite preparing for battle. Conscious of the Kuhn sisters' Force user status and their ties to Empress Teta and the Sith, Casteel reminded himself of the need for grace under pressure. He vowed to uphold his noble stature and maintain impeccable conduct, aware that any misstep could create ripples in the delicate balance of power.

Mind returning back to Danger and her well-being, the Anaxi gave a deep internal sigh. The only other option that he would trust would be Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell . Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell would be a potential contender. A subtle arch of his dark brows perked at the recollection of just how good ol' Makky boy had implemented the well-deserved thrashing of Blythe De'Caar. If anything, he was succinct in his decision-making and follow-through. That much earned a bit of respect from Casteel.

However, Makai was still on Casteel's radar. He had to ensure Makky boy would follow through regarding matters with Myra. Would he bugger off as he did before and leave the little dove broken in tears? Or would he step up to the gravel bat to play for keeps?

We shall see.

Another shaky smile crossed Myra's lips, followed by a swift nod of agreement to Makai's compromise. "I'd love nothing more," she whispered, wrapping her arms tighter around him. She sought solace in his embrace, craving the comforting strength and reassurance his arms provided.

"Can we just stay like this... a little longer?" Myra pleaded softly, fully aware that they were running late for the event. But in that moment, she needed to feel Makai's presence, hear his voice and the rhythm of his breath, and sense the steady beat of his heart. She needed the assurance that he was alive and well, standing beside her.

Their previous separation, spanning years, felt all the more poignant now. With her pa's passing, every second with Makai seemed precious beyond measure, highlighting the fragility of life and the urgency to cherish their time together.

Finished setting up, Judah looked through the small crowd to see who was in attendance. Platinum blonde of Casteel was on one side, talking low to one of the Kuhn twins. There were various locals from the villages, a few close business associates.

A curious two were missing in attendance : his son and Myra.

Swallowing his pride, Judah had to ask the creepy droid for assistance. Standing motionless near him, optical sensors dimming every so often.

"Have you seen Makai and Myra?"

Thirty-Seven turned to Judah, as if pausing to think. In reality, he was checking biometric data on the pair before answering.

[ Biometric data does not indicate any activity. Neither is known for running late. Perhaps there has been an unforeseen circumstance. ]

Staring blankly, Judah couldn't believe this droid. Biometric data? How did Makai even let such a thing happen? The boy didn't have his aversion to droids but the elder Dashiell would have never thought he would be this deeply engrained.

[ Should I go check on them for you Mister Dashiell? ]

"Please. Inform them they are late."

[ Of course Mister Dashiell. ]

Thirty-Seven left and Judah breathed a sigh of relief. At least the droid would be out of his hair for the next ten minutes or so.

Makai rubbed her back, not moving. While they were late, he didn't expect it to be an issue. It was Ellie's father who had passed, he expected there would be a little grace if she was late.

"Of course we can."

There was a gentle squeeze as he held her a little tighter,comfortable silence enveloping them. He was a little concerned about the upcoming week, the whirlwind of a wake only to leave near immediately after to travel to Empress Teta for a more formal service.

In his opinion, it was going to be draining. Empress Teta was going to be worse of the two ; an entire day of a more public ceremony. He was worried about the toll it was going to take on Ellie.

It didn't take long to be interrupted. Makai heard the bedroom door open to have a tinny voice call out moments later.

[ Sir? Mistress Arceneau? ]

Makai gave an apologetic smile to Ellie, as if to say we've been found out. Despite both their droids having identical voices, he could pick apart their speech easy enough, El-Three did not call Ellie by Mistress Arceneau.

"In here Thirty-Seven."

Thirty-Seven ambled into the bathroom, taking in the pair. Nothing seemed amiss to the droid, which made him all the more curious for the delay.

[ Sir, Mistress. You are late to the service. Mister Dashiell has sent me to inquire of your whereabouts. Neither of you seem to be having any mishaps. ]

"No mishaps. Just enjoying a few moments of quiet together Thirty-Seven."

[ I see. Is it possible to re-schedule your quiet time with Mistress Arceneau? ]

"That's entirely up to her Thirty-Seven. You can go back down and tell my father we will be there as soon as possible. Its okay if we miss the first five minutes."

With the solarium all arranged, folks began to find their seats. Soft music filled the air, providing a gentle backdrop for the quiet conversations of the small, close-knit group. Danger took the opportunity to exchange pleasantries and accept condolences from those who weren't immediate family. All in all, there were no more than fifteen or so people in attendance, including family, significant others, and dear friends the couple had gathered over the years.

Myra and Makai hadn't arrived yet, and Danger suspected Myra might be struggling with anxiety or needing some extra support from Makai. Normally, it was Casteel who would calm her daughter's nerves in high-stress situations, but now, Danger had to rely on Makai to look after her.

Casteel sat seated beside Rose and Lily, their partners close by making small talk. Meanwhile, Danger's emerald eyes caught sight of Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell . Excusing herself with a polite smile, Danger made her way over to the elder Dashiell.

"Mighty grateful for your help," she said, her voice carrying gratitude tinged with exhaustion. Despite her efforts to appear composed, those who knew her well could tell that she wasn't entirely herself. Under the circumstances, nobody could fault her for it.

"Reckon Thirty-Seven went to fetch Myra and Makai?" Danger asked, coming to a halt beside the old salvager. Her black dress swished softly as she moved. It was modest in design, but the way it hugged her curves hinted at another side. Regardless of anyone's opinion of her attire, the classic black of mourning suited her well.

Last edited:
[ I see. Is it possible to re-schedule your quiet time with Mistress Arceneau? ]

"Give us a bit, Thirty-Seven... mama will understand. Just a few minutes." Myra called out. She did not disentangle herself from Makai, instead she tightened her grip around him. Where El-Three would have understood as her main protocol droid coded specifically for her needs, Thirty-Seven was attuned to Makai. Keeping Makai in schedule was one of the coded aspects of the younger Dashiell that he needed assistance with.

However, even Thirty-Seven was able to process the request for time.

[ Then I shall relay the message of your delayed arrival, Sir, Mistress. ] He replied, but still managed to add, [ Should you require more time than requested, please note that your stress-relieving connections have increased in time-frame. It would be prudent to re-schedule any unification mating sessions until after all guests have departed for your maximum utility of the stress relieving aspects. ]

Myra began to cough, shock and embarrassment flooding her face at the salacious reference regarding, well, their intimate life. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath, before adding.

"It's fine Thirty-Seven. Just a few minutes. Don't worry, we will be down there shortly"

This was the con regarding having highly attuned protocol assistant droids that observed and analyzed every bit of data in their lives.

"I haven't done anything, there's no need to thank me."

In his eyes, he really hadn't done much. Just assisted where necessary ; whether it be a sounding board for her or merely helping set up for the wake and guests that had arrived.

Much of the situation was out of his hands, finding himself just filling in where necessary. Judah thought Danger was still taking on too much of a workload regarding much of the funeral and other related traditions.

Yet no matter how much he offered or tried to volunteer himself, Casteel, or Makai for a task she would brush it to the side, taking on the bulk. Judah got it, keeping busy was her way of keeping the grief at bay. Or mostly at bay.

Anyone with a keen eye could see it had been eating at her.

"I asked Thirty-Seven to check and see why they were late."

Judah was just happy the droid was out of his presence for a few moments. There was something unnatural about a droid wanting to help assist humans that much, to be privy to so much knowledge of one individual.

Yet he didn't have to wait long for said protocol droid. However, Thirty-Seven didn't have the kids in tow as he marched up to the pair.

[ Mister Dashiell, Miss Arceneau. Mistress Arceneau and Mister Makai Dashiell will have a minor delay. I have advised them against mating rituals as such an act would be more than a few minute delay. However, it would not be the first time my advice on mating has been cast aside. ]

Judah coughed slightly, turning red faced. Again, another reason not to own a droid. He couldn't even glance in Dangers direction after that.

"Thank you for the update."

Last edited:
Thirty-Seven left without another word on their personal lives, Makai not speaking again until he heard the door close.

"Do you remember on Maramere when we were eating dinner and I was trying to get under your skin by agreeing with El-Three that having my own droid would be useful? I'm beginning to regret that idea."

Makai was going to have to remember to take off his intellichrono more often. Not that it was going to stop the droids from being overly observant ; body language analysis was highly programmed into each protocol droid, they could only escape so much.

"You don't have to go down there if its too much. Everyone would understand. I can easily explain to your Ma it wouldn't be prudent."

His first priority was to look out for Ellie and her wellbeing, everything else was secondary. Makai could easily understand why she wouldn't want to attend if she did utter such a thing. Despite it being a very intimate wake, the half-Galan knew many eyes would be on her. Being under the microscope while trying to grieve an expected death wasn't ideal.

"Whatever you decide, you know I'm here to support you."

A subtle raise of Danger's eyebrows betrayed her reaction to Thirty-Seven's comment about Myra and Makai's schedule adjustment. At this point, the Trade Queen harbored no illusions about her daughter's and Makai's intimate relationship. It was what it was when two young, healthy, and in love individuals were finally able to be together after years of being apart due to miscommunication and misunderstandings. They were trying to make up for lost time -- and to be frank, it was nice to be able to not roll her eyes in jaded cynicism at the loving way the pair seemed enraptured with each other. Seeing them together, how they smiled and enjoyed each other's company, the subtle touches and gestures of affection, and above all, the way they looked at each other was enough to provoke Danger's belief that their love was true. Young and inexperienced, of course. But real.

It was a sentiment that she dearly wished Myra would never ever experience a betrayal or disappearance of.

"Thanks for the update, Thirty-Seven," Danger replied without missing a beat. She didn't even blush. It wasn't that she wasn't embarrassed by the comment; she was just too tired to bother. Frankly, if Myra and Makai had decided to spend time together and skip the wake, that was fine by her. While she wasn't sure how Rose or Lily would react to Myra missing the wake, Danger was prepared to smooth things over if need be.

"Let's keep moving forward. No need to wait," Danger murmured, giving Judah a reassuring pat on his bicep. It was her way of saying, 'It's okay.' For now, she only wanted to keep her composure and get through the rest of the day. Perhaps, by evening, she could finally find some peace.

With a subtle gesture prompting guests to find their seats, the wake began. Danger led the procession, moving gracefully towards the front with a confident sway in her step.

The proceedings followed the familiar pattern of any wake. Danger offered a warm welcome and expressed gratitude for everyone's presence before delving into tales of Alric's life, his impact, and the amusing anecdotes that defined him. The Tetan had lived a remarkable life, leaving behind a legacy few could dispute. Myra and Makai slipped in quietly, much to Judah's likely relief, and took their seats at the back.

Tears mingled with laughter as others shared their own tributes. Rose and Lily delivered a heartfelt eulogy, though they struggled to maintain their composure at times. It was a bittersweet occasion, marked by moments of both sorrow and celebration. Yet, amidst it all, there was a sense of beauty and honor in the room. Here, gathered together, were the lives touched by Alric's presence - his lasting legacy. And in that, there was a profound sense of meaning and significance.

I love you, Alric, Danger mused to herself, swallowing hard, the tears once again trailing down her face. I'll miss you.

May the Force be with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom