Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Death is but a Door; Time is but a Window

Myra gave Makai a half-melancholic chuckle at the mention of Thirty-Seven and his joke that he was beginning to regret getting him. She knew she was joking, but to a degree, there was some thought to be made regarding just how much information the droids were processing from them.

"We can see what we can do if you want to cut back on what data they get from us." although there were immense benefits to being able to read biometrics - the pair did not realize just how much so until their upcoming visit to Celadon came to fruition.

"Come on, we can go now. I just wanted a few more minutes of quiet before I turn into a watering pot again," while a joke, it also wasn't one. Myra knew she would be sobbing all over again today, perhaps into an exhausted state. Stealing a bottle or two of wine and closing themselves in her room or Makai's, later on, looked more and more like a necessary thing.

She smiled at him, taking Makai's hand with hers before leading him out of the bathroom and her suite. The pair eventually entered the solarium as Danger was giving thanks for everyone's presence.

They sat in the back, still holding hands. A box of tissues was presented to Myra by El-Three. The silver trail of tears didn't take long to carve Myra's cheeks. While Alric hadn't been her biological father, he had been every bit her pa. He had been the one to drag her from under her biological mother's corpse on Drumond Kaas, the one who had spotted her struggling and crying, terrified at age six at the undead who had claimed everyone she knew and loved then.

The damage his knee had taken then resulted in the man needing to take a cane everywhere he went from that point onward. It was a constant reminder of the sacrifices Alric had made for Myra and many, many more. He had been the one to forge through and create Arkuhn Medical when doctors across the galaxy could not find a reason or a cure for her terminal illness that came after. He had been the one to use as many resources and leverage connections along with Danger to find something, anything, that could help Myra find relief and be able to live through to see adulthood.

Don't worry about me. Myra squeezed Makai's hand. Makai is here. Judah too. We'll take care of Mama. They'll take care of me.

Thank you for everything, and I love, love, love, and miss you so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom