Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear Shadow Empire

[member="Tiberius Rex"] [member="Kaia Brin"] [member="Adan Jax"] [member="Eliza Downheart"] [member="Silara Vantai"] [member="Breanna Volsh"]

ECLIPSTICA

The Lethewalker, a fast, sleek, ugly frigate, exited hyperspace over the capital of the Shadow Empire. Rave sent [member="Fable Merrill"] a smile that was supposed to be reassuring; frankly, she was out of practice at reassuring. "Now, just like we talked about, Fable. You'll be wonderful. Just...be yourself."

She patted Fable's cheek, gave the smile a better attempt, and picked up the comm.

"Eclipstical Orbital Control, this is Master Rave Merrill aboard the Lethewalker. On behalf of Akure Executive Leatherworks, I have an offer for your leaders."

Fable Merrill

As directed by Michael Bay.
[member="Rave Merrill"]

'Be Yourself' was a woefully callous thing to say to a girl who was quite aware of her status as a clone and quite often brooded over that fact. Whether or not Rave Merrill intended on this depended on your opinion of how Dark-Sided she was feeling this month, but Fable decided that Rave had meant nothing by it. She was likely being overly sensitive, making mountains out of molehills, or some mixture of both - the only cure of which was to stop being such a stupid child. Obviously.

So Fable simply nodded and clasped her hands behind her back, trying not to look as horribly nervous as she felt. A body guard should be confident, capable, resolute - Fable felt none of the above, but that didn't mean that she wouldn't do her best to appear as such. "I'll do my best, miss." She promised in her typical, quiet voice. And she would. Whether or not her best was enough to make any real difference was a thing that remained to be seen.

Tiberius sat in the lavish meeting room of the Council of 9 trying to in all honesty get some sleep. Since he had all this authority thrusted on him all of the sudden he had been working tirelessly to get The Shadow Empire up and running again. With that in mind Rex didn't feel a hint of regret for dozing off in his chair trying to hide out from his many advisors scurrying around ALWAYS finding some problem that if not solved that very minute it would be the downfall of The Shadow Empire. As Rex was about to enter sleep his emergency comms chirped letting him know an unknown ship was approaching their capital and was attempting to hail them. "Send the transmission to the Council of 9 meeting room...and get [member="Breanna Volsh"], [member="Ice"], [member="Navio"], [member="Vash Ordo"], [member="Michael Steelfang"], and [member="Alexandra Lianne Feanor"] in here for this" Rex clicked off his coms before he could even hear the random underling say yes sir. As the transmission came through Rex heard [member="Rave Merrill"] 's message "this is Tiberius Rex, Emperor of The Shadow Empire...what kind of offer?" Rex was never one for negotiating and prefered to get straight to the point hoping his council members would soon join him.

Ice was in the middle of going over his design for his new Stealth Frigate. She wouldn't be the biggest in the fleet. But she was sure to be his pride and joy. He smiled happily looking over her lines. She was positively one of the finest looking ships he had ever seen. It was then his comm link pinged him an incoming message. His brow scrunched up at the interruption. "Why is it only when I'm focused on something that...", His own thoughts were cut off as he realized he was being summoned to the Council of 9 Chambers.

A look of panic spread over his face. "I didn't forget a council meeting did I!? Surely not. I would have set it on the calender to remind me...." He pulled up his datapad and searched, but found nothing else of import happening this day. "Hmm. I wonder what this is about." He mumbled to himself.

Quickly changing out of his casuals, he threw on his official uniform. Making sure he was presentable, Ice then hurriedly made his way to the chambers. Tis not wise to keep an emperor waiting. Ice manage to get through the security fairly quickly today. Always nice when there is no problems. As he opened the door, he took stock of the fact that he was the only other person in the room. Was he just the first to arrive? Or was this meeting just for him. Different scenarios quickly ran through the mans head as he entered and closed the door behind him.

Noticing the emperor seemed to be in the middle of a transmission, Ice approached, bowed respectfully, and quietly took a seat next to him. He was really curious now what this was all about.

[member="Tiberius Rex"]

[member="Fable Merrill"] got what Rave hoped was a reassuring look as screen came alive with the emperor of this little bit of space. Another man sat down next to him as she watched. [member="Tiberius Rex"] [member="Ice"]

"Emperor Tiberius, I'm hoping my reputation precedes me. I provide alchemical weapons and protective gear, as well as specialized foodstuffs and warbeasts, to a wide variety of governments and private clients. I'm transmitting a list of the products and services I provide.

"I wish to go into business with the Shadow Empire, and I'm willing to give your government the same one-fifth discount I give to my own employees. If you'll permit it, my associate and I would like to offer demonstrations in person. We're prepared to make planetfall at your command."

From the moment Ice sat down, he got straight to work on information gathering. First, he ran the persons face through a scanner. While it went to work, Ice found it odd and little rude, that this rep didn't even bother with introductions. And for some reason thought the Emperor should just know who they were.

Scanner readout - Best guesstimation on presented subject:
Race: Human
Skin Tone: White
Sex: Female
Hair: Dark Brown
Eye: Unknown, not enough detail
Height: 5'6"-5'8"
Weight: 117-123 lbs.
Known Aliases: ...analyzing...

Before the scan could finish, the rep transmitted her list of items and services. "Hmm. Akure Executive Leatherworks and Tion Hegemony Trade Nexus." He thought to himself. "Interesting." It was then the scan came finally finished.

Known Aliases: Rave Merrill - Akure Executive Leatherworks and Tion Hegemony Trade Nexus representative.

As he was quickly scanning through the data provided, something she said caught his attention. His eyes widened a bit in astonishment. "Emperor, if I may." He stopped to make sure he was allowed to interject. When he got the gesture to proceed, he did so. "Miss Merrill." He paused for another moment wondering if she'd noticed that he knew her name despite not actually introducing herself. "Am I to assume that you wish to bring your ship full of war beasts and god know what else right into our capital, on our front door step and present everything to our Emperor just like that?"

He allowed another slight pause, but the question was rhetorical. Before she could continue, Ice did. "I'm sorry ma'am. But as the Emperor's Shadow Hand, that is not something I can allow. Security reasons. I'm sure you understand."

"However, if the Emperor," Ice said while gesturing his way, "does in fact desire to see your demonstration. I will send my carrier corvette to your position immediately. My men will then oversee the transfer of whatever animals or items it is you wish to demonstrate. Any person wishing to come for the demonstration will have to be searched and scanned. Weapons outside of what you may wish to show, will not be allowed. Are these security measure acceptable to you?"

He may be at present, the Shadow Hand only temporarily. But he still took his job seriously. Ice was not sure, what lax security measures she may have been used to dealing with other governments. But here, there would be no such drop in vigilance. He would see to it, she complied with everything, or she could leave.

[member="Rave Merrill"]
[member="Tiberius Rex"]

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
[member="Tiberius Rex"] [member="Ice"] [member="Rave Merrill"]

Alexandra remained silent as she entered, her dauntless blade over her shoulder and Sabers at her sides. She stared out from the grey cloak that was hers and only smiled at the fact she had been called her by Tiberus himself. "What ever it is that you think i did, i promise you... it probably happened." She smiled as she said that, looking at Rave and Then Ice, her eyes running from one to the other, glee chief on her face as she was careful about how she lowered herself down into the chair.

[member="Ice"] [member="Tiberius Rex"] [member="Alexandra Lianne Feanor"]

"That would be completely acceptable, Hand. Naturally we have no desire to jeopardize your security or make you feel less secure. Quite the opposite."

[member="Alexandra Lianne Feanor"]
[member="Tiberius Rex"]
[member="Rave Merrill"]

Ice allowed a small smirk to grace his face when Alex appeared and made her "defense", before sitting down. "Relax Alex. You're not in trouble...yet." He added somewhat playfully. "In fact, it appears as though you were just in time. Miss Merrill here, from Akure Executive Leatherworks wishes to provide us with her companies products and possibly, even war beasts. We were just discussing the security requirements for her to visit and make her demonstration."

He then turned his attention back to Rave as he awaited her answer. When it came, he nodded happily and gave a small smile to the woman. "Very good." He said simply. In truth, he didn't wish to sound rude or obnoxious. Ice was actually very interested in the products she was about to demonstrate. But it was never a good idea to let on your interest. At least not so soon in the negotiations. And rules were rules. They were there for a reason.

Turning toward Tiberius, he asked simply. "Well my Emperor. Shall I send the ship?"

Rex sat back in his chair just silently observing his temporary Shadow Hand and [member="Rave Merrill"] interact. He smirked briefly at [member="Alexandra Lianne Feanor"] comment but made no other indication that he had heard her. [member="Ice"] did a good job of speaking on his behalf, Rex's main concern was security of his capital and he was interested as well but he was very good at not showing it. "Well my Emperor. Shall I send the ship?" Rex simply nodded his head in confirmation "go ahead, send a ship". He looked at the screen unsure of what to think of this "vendor", for lack of a better term, "I hope you have some good deals for us."

[member="Rave Merrill"]

The moment Tiberius gave his nod, Ice's fingers were dancing along his datapad as he quickly issued the orders. Normally, it would take a little longer to get this done, but fortunately the carrier was his personal ship till his new stealth frigate was built. "Miss Merrill. The ship will be there in 15 minutes. You may begin transfer of what you wish to demonstrate the moment it arrives. The ship will then take you and I'm assuming your quiet companion there, to a secure location outside the capital. We will be waiting for your arrival. Till then, I bid you good day."

Ice gave a slight bow out of courtesy, and then cut the channel. It was at this point, he allowed his more traditional to take over his expression. "Sir." He said to Tiberius. "I think this could be a great opportunity for us. I have heard some interesting tales about their products. If half the stories are true, we might be able to secure some amazing gear for our elite units."

Turning toward Alex, he asked,"How about you Alex. What is your opinion?"

[member="Tiberius Rex"]

Vash had just received the transmission from [member="Tiberius Rex"] to head to the Council of the 9 Meeting Chambers. By now, he was likely late. Trying to keep his mind off of whether or not he was in fact late, he hurried through the halls, dressed head-to-toe in his full beskar'gam. He entered the room without giving any notice. Vash looked around under his helmet at the others. He stood before them for a moment or two before speaking up. "Heh.. I'm late, aren't I?"

Before letting the others respond, he continued. "Sorry. I'll ensure it doesn't happen again." Vash let out a cough, as he paced about the room. "What is this all about then?"

[member="Ice"]
[member="Rave Merrill"]

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Tiberius Rex"] [member="Rave Merrill"] [member="Ice"] [member="Vash Ordo"]

"Ive fought against the creations of this one... i agree, if a deal can be made her creations are some of the most advanced and useful things in the galaxy. Droids are still the chief of great things, but hers come in second i guess." She smiled her hands tinkering with something she had been working on before she came here and her eyes running over the details of what she just saw. "I suggest caution though, and that whoever goes to meet her can speak with caution and a level head. No need to... madden one such as her. The Contacts that Rave Merrill holds are quite chilling ones."

Ice turned toward Vash and quickly filled him in on what had been going on with the transmission. When he finished, he listened to what Alex had to say. "Who's going?" He paused, a look of confusion apparent on his face. "I thought we were all going. In fact, we should probably head there now. If this Merrill is as scary as you indicate. It would seem we wouldn't want to be rude and keep her waiting. Shall we?" Ice finished as he got up from his seat. "I'll let Rave know we're heading there now. So the sooner the better."

With that, it is presumed they all made their way to where Ice's ship would be dropping of Rave, her associate, and whatever she wanted to demonstrate. Ice himself stood at attention as the ship landed. As much as he demanded respect, he also would show it. When the doors opened to allow the Merrill's down, he'd offer a small bow as a courtesy.

[member="Vash Ordo"]
[member="Rave Merrill"]
[member="Tiberius Rex"]
[member="Fable Merrill"]

Bree had entered silently listening to the conversation at hand and the decisions being made. The decision to go easily made and rightful that they should be cautious to trust anyone on first site was a rookie mistake that could not be afforded.

She searched their faces as they made their way out what were they thinking and did she want to stay and watch for what would happen, or was it safe for them all to go. They would need to be armed. It was times like this she wished she had a magical ability to either sense a lie, or know the future. Being blind like this was a disadvantage over those who already knew what would happen.

[member="Ice"] [member="Alexandra Lianne Feanor"] [member="Vash Ordo"] [member="Rave Merrill"] [member="Tiberius Rex"]

As Rex and his entourage arrived at the hangar they waited patiently for the ship carrying [member="Rave Merrill"] and [member="Fable Merrill"] to arrive. Tiberius wasn't one for conducting negotiations but he imagined that as Shadow Emperor he needed to at least make an appearance since it included his people and to give their future business partners a good first impression of how he ran things around here.

[member="Breanna Volsh"],[member="Ice"],[member="Alexandra Lianne Feanor"],[member="Vash Ordo"]

[member="Tiberius Rex"] [member="Breanna Volsh"] @Ice @Alexandra Lianne Feanor [member="Fable Merrill"]

The transfer went as quickly as such things could go. Sample cases, racks of clothing, cages for warbeasts -- the Imperial ship's cargo bay filled up quickly with alchemy and the odor of chrysalide droppings.

In due course, via Imperial starship, Rave and Fable descended on the meeting point. All relevant things were unloaded for the demonstration. The caged warbeasts offered their pungency to the breeze.

Ice simply stood there, watching over all the different items as there were being unloaded. There were a five men per animal that came off the ship, and stayed by each cage as they were brought out. In this way, if any of them got out of control, they could be quickly put down. Though granted, a couple of the larger ones might need a bit of assisting to be put down. Ice's deckhands assisted in bringing down the items that were not animals as well, since only the Merrills were allowed to come down to the surface.

The Merrills themselves, had been granted every courtesy. Not needing to do any of the unloading, they were directed to the group which formed the leadership of the empire. "Rave. A pleasure to meet you in person. I trust my men were as accommodating as they could be? And as careful to with your items? I know I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to offer us today. What will we be starting off with then?"

Although Ice could be a bit of a formalist at times, he preferred to just get right to the point. And he really wanted to see what capabilities these things had.

And even though Ice was now apart of the upper echelon of the empire, and now had his official uniform. He could still be seen wearing his two blaster pistols. There were plenty of guards nearby the leadership party, sure. But he never trusted his life to others. As curious as he was, he still kept a watchful eye on the Merrills. Just in case.

[member="Rave Merrill"] | [member="Tiberius Rex"] | [member="Breanna Volsh"] | [member="Alexandra Lianne Feanor"] | [member="Vash Ordo"] | [member="Fable Merrill"]

Alexandra Feanor

Unlike Ice she came in a dress, cloak and with only her sabers hidden in the cloak and no longer carrying an armory. Her sabers were more than enough to do what they were here and now she was waiting to see what it was that could happen during this meeting, waiting to see who would come with her, Ice, and Tiberius of course.

[member="Ice"] [member="Rave Merrill"] [member="Breanna Volsh"] [member="Vash Ordo"] [member="Fable Merrill"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom