Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Deals with Devils

Aaaine

Everything, anything, for science.
Time: 2300 Hours

This was a horrible, horrific idea. Nothing good, nothing at all, would come from this.

There were whispers, sometimes louder than a mere whisper, around the contacts that Aaaine had been unfortunate enough to make in the past few months, of a player in the weapons market becoming active once again. This, as well as the other services this woman offered, could eventually become key to the Unblessed making the moves that were desperate to complete.

While she had only been with the group for a very short period of time, their lack of legitimate firepower was jarring to the scientist. Of course, military was not her area of expertise. Much to the contrary, actually. She’d be more likely to shoot herself than land a shot with a pistol any longer than a few meters. Her hands were meant for the rigorous and delicate art of science, not for the killing and maiming of a mercenary.

Thankfully, it seemed like this woman was, and possessed, everything that the Unblessed needed to complete some of their outlying objectives. Whether or not it would be as simple as buying their help, or if Aaaine could convince her to join the cause, that was up in the air. Those whispers had spoken of what the Blood Matron was like, but rumors of maiming could only be trusted once they were seen by her own eyes. The chiss just hoped it would not be her.

This is what led to why coming here was a horrific idea. It was the perfect situation, with seemingly the perfect partner for the Unblessed’s cause. Why this was horrible, of course, lied with the fact she was walking into the den of the lion alone. This was the only request given by the weapon’s dealer, that she would be alone. Aaaine could only hazard a guess to why, though she imagined that if things went south, she would indeed be suffering.

“You’re sure about this?” A voice crackled through her earpiece, one belonging to her personal red coat body guard. Alecari’s tone was nervous, worried over the potential and very real dangers that Aaaine faced. “I can’t imagine it would be that difficult to sneak inside, get an angle of this meeting so I could cover you..” Doing this would bring the chiss a bit more peace. The red coat could handle himself, and if things went wrong…it’d be better to have him than not. He, along with the rest of his squad, were set up nearby at a cafe and would move at a moment’s notice. Though if things went wrong, the chances they would be there in time to actually intervene was…slim.

But no, no this would not do. She would not be considered rude by this Matron in their very first meeting. Doing so would just be inviting trouble. “Stay where you are, Alecari. You will know if your help is needed.” She responded, cold tone dripping from her words, as blue digits dipped from where they was held high by her ear to trigger the comm. Making her way up the final few steps to the building where the meeting would be held, a shaky breath wracked it’s way through her lungs. There was no stepping back now.

Into the lion’s den she went.

Warning! Adult Themes! Theme Song
Attire: {x} Shield: {x} Sidearm: {x}

The offices for Vrotoa Tech Industries, the face of Zenva's legal business persona, were not like the offices one would find on Coruscant or another major civilized system towards the core of the galaxy. This was Nar Shaddaa! The Smuggler's Moon, and it's entirety had long ago been dominated by night clubs, gambling dens, and the crimals that called it home. All of which was almost perpetually bathed in the vibrant glow of neon lights. The shadows ran deep in the labyrinth of alleyways and streets that lead to the three story building that served as the headquarters for Zenva's legitimate businesses.

Young Zabrak men dressed in expensive suits stood at the entrance of the building. A line of people stretched off to one side, waiting to be allowed into Hhawa Kouiehh, or Club Vicious. The nightclub that served as the first two floors, and supposedly a few basements, of Vrotoa Industries offices. As the Chiss approached the front doors, a golden plated Droid strode out to meet her. "Greetings, and salutations, Lady Trea'aain'elis." It chirped in a faintly masculine tone. The Droid placed hand on it's chest, bowing slightly at the waist for a moment. "I am known as F-Three. I am the personal attendant to her radiant excellency, Lady Zenva Vrotoa. Please be advised, the entrance is alarmed against most things considered a weapon. Discard any before entering, and I am confident you will be forgiven for bringing them in the first place. Now, please follow me."

The Droid turned away to lead her inside. The guards payed it, and thus her no attention. An odd klaxon alarm beeped a warning as the Droid walked through the doors, itself registering as a weapon by the security systems. Still the guards ignored them with the exception of a single glance to ensure the Droid had entered first. F-three continued inside, walking briskly through the center of a lively, active, dance floor. Music pulsed, and lights strobed, but the Droid forged a straight line towards the back, and a waiting set of amber colored elevators.

Once inside, the lift brought the pair up to the penthouse suite that served as Zenva's offices. Apartments decorated in deep red art works, black leather furniture, and golden accents filled the interior. Much like the floors below, and the city beyond, the space was lite by the odd purple glow of neon lights. The Droid gestured towards a lavish seating area before moving to stand near a single throne like chair the other couches were centered to face. "Please, make yourself comfortable. My Mistress has been called away to handle an unforseen incident below. While we wait, may I offer you some refreshment?"

Before the woman could answer a voice rang through the apartment. The uniquely musical voice that spoke was spoiled by the aggressive nature of the language she spoke, Zabraki. A moment later the sound of stiletto heels clicking against the hardwood floors filled the space as the Matron rounded the corner. She took a swallow of the amber liquid swirling in the glass she held in her left hand, and gestured almost absently towards the Chiss with a large pistol she held in her right. She crossed the room slowly, her expression unreadable behind the bizarre glowing tattoo shining in the neon lights.

The Zabrak continued to speak in her vicious mother tongue, sauntering towards her waiting chair with a practiced grace. Eventually the Droid spoke once more. "My Mistress apologizes for the delay. She was indisposed. Please, be seated and be welcome. The Lady is most pleased to welcome you into her establishment."

Aaaine Aaaine

Aaaine

Time: 2310 Hours

Red eyes regarded the droid with slight level of contempt. Perhaps she just liked the more personal touch, versus where a droid felt much more cold. Though most of the galaxy would regard her entire species as cold if they had the opportunity to. Maybe she shouldn’t judge, knowing that the matron was more than likely very busy and she should just be happy to have a meeting with them regardless. “Of course. I carry no weapons, so I hardly see this as an inconvenience.” Flashing the droid, along with the pair of guards, a quick smile, she proceeded through the scanner and up into the club, her senses almost immediately assaulted by the flashing colors and sounds.

Finding the elevators after a quick jaunt through the dance floor was a welcome reprieve to the lights and noise. Aaaine, when she was a younger, less mature woman, would’ve enjoyed the chance to go to a club such as this on her off nights. Objectively, it was gorgeous, a mix of new and old styles. But now, with a little more time under her belt, Aaaine would more than likely receive a headache and not a good time from all the noise.

After stepping into the elevator, Aaaine reached into her coat pocket, producing a single, white pill. Regarding it in the palm of her hand momentarily, a boat of calm in the sea of blue skin, could give her nerves the relaxant it needed. She should take it. She should. She had been taking it for much, much less. But she swallowed, palming the pill once more and placing it into her pocket. If it was needed, the possibly to take it still was there.

By time she had decided against taking the pill, the elevator doors had opened, and the meeting space was received to her. The purple glow of the created a unique effect on her skin, turning it almost a deep shade of pink. She looked more like a karking zeltron by some accounts than a chiss. Humiliating.

Before she had much of chance to lament her current situation, the sound of heels clicking against the wooden floors drew her attention. Her brow furrowed, turning to glare upward toward the menacing woman. Every story, myth that spoke of how the woman carried herself was seemingly true off the bat. She was hauntingly beautiful, intimidating in every fashion, and the drink in her hand screamed how little she cared about the thoughts of the younger chiss.

Clearing her throat once the woman had sat, Aaaine dipped her head in a bow, raising it to regard the red skinned woman with her dark gaze. “I do appreciate you taking the time out of your…busy schedule to meet with me, dear matron. I will make sure that your time, however valuable it may be, will not be wasted here tonight.” She remained standing, allowing the table between the pair to keep the distance separating them for now. Sitting would convey a level of calmness, relaxedness that Aaaine certainly did not have at this moment.

The sharp click of the Matron's heels, and soft thump of the music below were the only sounds in the chamber for a few moments after the Chiss greeted her. The Zabrak reached her seat, and paused, turning to regard the woman opposite her. She didn't behave properly. Most were busy stumbling through a long practiced speech by now, desperate to escape the room alive. A majority of the rest were here to demand something they believed they had some imagined right to possess. The Chiss was anxious, clearly. She kept her distance, refused to sit, but maintained eye contact. How bizarre.

It's was difficult to see the scowl forming on the Zabrak's face. The glowing skull that served as her mask in the neon lights of Nar Shaddaa saw to that. The inquisitive tilt of her horn crowned head however, was much more noticeable. She turned to face the Chiss properly, leaning forward to place her drink on the table between them. When she straightened, her pistol came up once more, sweeping before her in an almost bored gesture.

She spoke, her feminine voice at odds with the harsh language she used. Pausing here and there, the Droid behind her spoke aloud in Galactic Basic. "Her Grace says that you are not a member of her clan, you need not address her as Matron. Lady Vrotoa, or her Excellency will do well enough." Again the Zabrak's pistol came up as she gestured to the seats before her. "She says, you have been offered a chance to sit with her, but do not accept it. It is impolite to refuse the hospitality of a Major Domo when on Nar Shaddaa. Some might consider it a challenge of her authority."

Zenva's head slowly tipped to one side again, the music in her voice beginning to drain the longer she spoke. This time the Droid took a step forward before translating her words. "As her time is valuable, and you do not come here to supplicate to the Domo, tell her Excellency why you are here? If you are not here for business worth sitting to discuss, it must be a matter of some urgency. Explain."

Aaaine Aaaine

Aaaine

Time: 2311 Hours

Ah, that would be an issue. She had been so preoccupied with getting here safely, making sure that she was ready to actually meet with the Zabrak, that she had neglected to take the time to research and accommodate the local customs. Something so simple could be the reason why she stumbled at the very start line, which could lead to this whole meeting being a failure…with her head on pike, pranced around the dance floor below.

“Ah..” Her mind searched for a proper explanation as quick as she could come up with, attempting to find a reason that would not get her eaten on the spot. Eventually, however, she just settled upon the truth with a deep sigh. “With all truthfulness, it was not my plan to disrespect or challenge you, Lady Vrotoa. I am a scientist. The majority of my life is spent on my feet, and, frankly, I find myself very comfortable standing. But since you have offered, and I do not wish to offend, I will take a seat in your presence.” And finding a seat, she did, placing herself into one of the plush seats across from the woman.

Now, now came the harder part. With another, shaky breath that Aaaine desperately held tightly to her chest, her crimson red eyes glared toward Zenva in search of her own gaze. “My name is Trea’aain’elis, or, as you probably know by now, Aaaine. I represent, as it’s head scientist and executive, The Laboratories Collectively against Force Overreach. Or, LCFO.” Now that she was into her speech, words seemed to flow more easily from her lips. This was the part practiced to ad nauseum before this mission, however. “I have come to you with a list of request for supplies. Supplies that…that would be needed for some less than savory ideals, though by the clientele that I understand you sell to, I doubt that would be much of an issue.”

For a moment, the Chiss paused, scarlet eyes searching again to capture the gaze of the woman in front of her. She needed a hook, a reason for why Zenva would chose to help them. And, kark, she didn’t even know if she believed in the cause she was about to speak on, but she’d be damned if she didn’t try. “Lady Vrotoa, as one of the largest, most prominent, and most wealthy weapons dealers on Nar Shadda, I’m sure that you have encountered your fair share of law enforcement. How many times, would you say, do you feel as though the jedi enforced their law fairly. There was a heavy pause in the air, all nervousness gone from the Chiss’ voice as she sat, awaiting an answer from the matron in front of her.

There was a moment of hesitation, a sound of realization and the few heartbeats that followed in which no practiced answer was prepared. While it was nearly impossible to tell where a Chiss was looking, to Zenva it was obvious her eyes were darting around looking for the correct way to respond. It brought a smile to the Zabrak's face, pearlescent serrated teeth contrasting sharply against the glowing deaths head tattoo. The Chiss did her upmost to explain herself, and after a moment moved to take her seat.

"Better." The first word she had spoken in Basic. Her voice rang sweetly, nearly musical in its richness, the smug satisfaction beneath it was hard to miss. The Zabrak's weight shifted, settling herself into a lean, one powerful leg slipping from the slit in her evening gown. Seemingly content to listen to her guest from there before speaking a few words in her native language.

"Her Excellency wishes for you to continue." The Droid behind her added. There she stood, her now empty hand resting on a hip, a pistol held loosely at her side, and staring directly into those bottomless crimson orbs while the Chiss went through her speech. In silence Zenva listened, unmoving and unresponsive. Only at the end, with a heavy pause hanging between them, did Zenva react. Her horn crowned head tilting slowly to the side once more.

She began to speak, her savage tongue more aggressive than her tone implied. She spoke calmly, almost slowly as she bent to pick up her glass once more. She paused, sipping from the amber liquid within, and turned her back on the Chiss. She continued to speak, taking the few steps needed to return to her chair. Turning back, she slipped into the seat, and folded her exposed leg atop the other at the knee in one elegant twirl.

Finally her Droid translated her words. "Her Grace wishes for you to be truthful, Lady. You are not here for weapons of war. Anyone on this Moon could get you weapons, and none would ask your motivation behind using them. Instead, you are here for investment in your cause, yes? You are, in fact, here in supplication to her Excellency because you desire her involvement with your Collective, yes?"

Aaaine Aaaine

Last edited:

Aaaine

Time: 2312 Hours

A headtilt, one filled with curiosity and interest in the words spoken to her by the droid translating for the matron. What Aaaine found curious, even more interesting, was how it was clear that she could speak basic when she wanted, the Zabrak seemed much more interested in speaking to Aaaine in her native language. She could not tell, at least in this moment, if she should view that as someone speaking down to her, or having the respect to speak to her in her native tongue. However she viewed it, there was a lingering doubt that Zenva actually cared how the Chiss viewed her.

Being pinned to get to the point was an interesting move from the arbiter of this meeting. But, it did serve the point to undermine the speech that she was going to attempt to make. Even through the words spoken through the droid, Zenva was finding ways to control the flow of the conversation. Perhaps Aaaine thought she’d better be able to dictate the flow, get through the meeting quickly and move on. Now, that was very clearly looking like the opposite. If Aaaine was going to have any say in this conversation, then she needed to find some sort of emotional ledge she could grab onto.

“If that is what the matron desires, then I shall drop some of the formalities.” Rolling her shoulders, half to relieve some of the tension that had built up between her shoulderblades and half to make a show of rolling off the words she had thought up. A deep breath, one where her eyes closed in a resetting motion, before that breath passed her lips and deep red orbs found Zenva’s mask once again. “LCFO’s desires are to see the overreach of force users throughout the galaxy end. We have methods that are kinder. More public facing. But to better understand force users, we need..donations.”

Standing, Aaaine’s hand’s folded behind her back. Starting to pace the room, her voice changed from the more upbeat tone that had tinged the edge of her voice throughout this speech to the more drawn out, deeper tone that many Chiss spoke in. “Means to an end. That is what many in the galaxy look at their goals as. Those that achieve their goals actually follow through on that mantra.” Pausing, her gaze turned to glare into Zenva’s mask, face twisting into a stone visage of confidence. “My goal is to see every user in this galaxy either give up their connection, or have it permanently severed. Power breeds inequality. I have no doubt you follow the major news of territories near your holdings. The current situation involving Senator Jaikavi is just one in a long line of overreach by force users in this galaxy over those that do not hold that power.”

Her pacing started once again. Gaze burning a hole into the floor as she stepped, now fully entranced in the words pouring forth. “I have no connection to the senator or his situation. But I have seen this overreach before. I wish to cull it. I need benefactors, powerful benefactors to accomplish this goal. Weapons, supplies, stealth ships…bounty hunter connections. Subjects to test on.” Finally, she stopped, her full form turning to face Zenva straight on. Her posture, tall and straight backed, spoke volumes of her connection to this cause. The believe ran through her.

“I need partners spread throughout this galaxy that will be willing to not only join me, but participate actively in purging this poison throughout the galaxy before it kills us all.

A small smile lingered on Zenva's lips, however difficult it might be to determine, as she watched the Chiss ready herself. The woman's shoulders rolled before she drew herself up with an empowering breath. For a moment Zenva allowed herself to enjoy the view, openly admiring the deep bruised color the lights had turned the blue woman. Then the Chiss went and ruined everything. How typical.

Aaaine rose, clasped her hands at the small of her back, and began to pace. Zenva's body moved reflexively, coiling in on herself like a serpent readying a strike. Her shoulders rolled to make herself a smaller target as her right wrist went rigid in her lap, locking her pistol in a ready position though it had not come up to actively point at the woman. Zenva was silent for a time, nearly turned to watch the Chiss through a profiled pose. A moment later the woman's voice began to change, her words nearly dripping with Chiss bravado.

A smile split the glowing mask as a warm laugh rolled from the Zabrak. "Ah ha! There's my guest." She murmured in a honeyed tone. Slowly Zenva forced herself to recline, easing her body back to her atypical imperious posture as the two women locked eyes again, stoney confidence and grinning death. Aaaine continued, speaking about a Senator which only vaguely rang a bell for the Zabrak.

When Zenva responded, it was once again in the harsh language of her people. Still, amusement colored her tone as she gave a brief answer. Her Droid translated for her a moment later. "Her Excellency has passing knowledge of this Senator Jaikavi. Accusations of corruption among government officials can drastically alter much of the galaxy." By the time the Droid finished, the Zabrak had turned her head completely to stare at the machine for a few moments.

Aaaine resumed her pacing, drawing Zenva's attention back to her as the woman continued to speak. After a few moments the Chiss turned, almost snapping to attention like a soldier. Again Zenva couldn't help herself, blatantly looking the woman up and down in admiration. She spoke boldly, with a conviction that was difficult to fake. It brought another smile to the Zabrak's glowing skull tattoo.

Again the Zabrak spoke, and again her Droid was needed for translation. "Her Excellency expresses pleasure at the fortuitous timing of your request. She wonders if you have heard rumors about the recent Sith attack on her Palace on Tatoonie? An event that has left her Grace with a number of potential samples for your Collective to study."

For her part, Zenva used the pause while her Droid spoke to lean forward and retrieve her drink. She took another swallow of the amber liquid, and began to speak. Still she refused to speak Basic, and her Droid spoke for her a moment later. "Her Excellency wishes to know how familiar you are with her history? If you are aware of her participation in the war between the Confederacy of Independent Systems and cult known as the One Sith? Or the numerous times she has personally faced such beings on the field of combat?"

Aaaine Aaaine

Aaaine

Time: 2312 Hours

By the time she finished her pacing, and the beginnings of her pleading toward the arms dealer to help their cause, she found herself almost second guessing the tone she had put on. She had fought for so long, throughout all levels of schooling, to change her tone to make people more willing to listen to her. Chiss dialect, accent seemed to turn off so many people from listening to them. Instead, she had tried to adopt a more galactic basic style of speaking, which seemed to get her farther in life.

But now, it actually seemed like the woman was listening to her. It was…a nice change of pace. To be able to use her original dialect and have her words be respected and not turned away was quite different than how she been treated throughout her life. As the droid began to speak in Zenva’s place, Aaaine returned to her seat, listening to what they had to say.

“I cannot say I have..” She shook her head, listening to the droid explain the possible benefits of what had been left behind in the attack on Zenva’s palace. Live test subjects were considered more desirable, but their current theories could absolutely still be examined on those that had passed away. “But I will say that your offer is appreciated..and something that I would like to examine adding to our contract, if we are to come to terms. I do appreciate the offer.”

A bow of the head, one full of respect, ended that line of query from the Chiss, allowing her to return to her previous state of listening to the words spill out of the droid. Zenva still refusing to speak basic to her was…interesting, but she’d let it roll off her shoulders, for now. “It would’ve been extremely inconsiderate of me to not at least courteously begin to understand the history of the Blood Matron. While I am…disconnected from the politics of the galaxy, one would have to be an extreme hermit to not understand the power vacuum that the Confederacy disbanding left in the galaxy. Their wars were all legendary.” A curious tilt of the head, crimson eyes regarding the Zabrak with an interested gaze. “Why bring up wars of the past?”

The Zabrak sighed while her Droid spoke for her, finishing the drink in her hand in one final swallow. She seemed displeased, the scowl forming on her brow noticeable enough through the haunting glow of her tattoos. The moment the machine had finished civilizing her words, her hand shot out to her side specifically held away from the Droid. She spoke a word, and a moment later the Droid circled behind her to take the glass. It was forced to circle behind her a second time in order to refill her drink at the bar along the far side of the chamber.

The Chiss began to speak again, Zenva's corrosive eyes snapping back to the woman almost instantly. When the woman bowed, deeply and in near reverence, the glowing skull smiled, flashing serrated teeth once more. Only when their eyes met did Zenva incline her horn crowned head however slightly in response. Zenva responded, her honeyed voice spoiled by the harshness of her native language. There was a gravity to her words, a seriousness that held a sharp edge. A threat perhaps, or simply a questioning of sincerity.

Near the end of her answer, her Droid returned, handing her a new glass of bright amber liquid with a fresh shard of ice chilling it. The machine returned to it originally position, speaking for it's Mistress almost instantly. "Her Excellency is pleased that her attempted assassination might result in positive works for your Collective. However, she wishes to fully understand why she has be chosen for your organizations benefactor? If her victories against the Sith are not."

"That's not what the feth I said." Zenva's voice interrupted the Droid, venom in her tone. She brought up her pistol, flicking the barrel at the Droid in a dismissing gesture before the weapon returned to her lap. Turning her attention to the Chiss, Zenva's head tilled inquisitively. "It's very interesting that you come to me. While the Jedi have done the most to alter my life, it was through a single act. An act almost no living thing is aware of. On the other hand, the numerous warring bands of fething saber psychos that call themselves Sith concern me far more regularly."

The Zabrak set her stiletto clad heel to the floor, leaning forward to gesture with her weapon. The way she moved the bladed pistol however was so casual, it was as though she was unaware the weapon wasn't, in fact, her hand. "I want to know what you've learned about me? I want to know how you plan to cull the fething Sith from our galaxy? And more importantly, I want to know if you will share a drink with me? We have much to discuss, I think."

Aaaine Aaaine

Aaaine

Time: 2313 Hours

If Aaaine was ever going to be asked, then a slight twinge of jealous hinted at the back of her mind seeing the droids attend to the matron hand and foot. She typically was not one to drink, as that was left for hours that weren’t spent in the laboratory playing with less than kind chemicals. And those hours had begun to disappear en masse the last few months since she joined with the LCFO. But the idea of having a droid to wait on her a bit during the hours she had off was certainly an idea she could get behind.

By the time she realized she had been spoken to again, it was hard to force her mind to focus in once more. But it worked, enough so that the startle that shot through her body upon hearing the words spoken in basic from the Zabrak was enough to bring a cocked eyebrow to the Chiss’ face. She had done her best to keep her emotions at bay and off her face throughout this interaction, but the harsh tone of Zenva in that moment broke her cold exterior momentarily.

For her first comments, the Chiss’ gave the woman little more than a shrug, choosing her words to make a point of what the zabrak had just said. She wasn’t necessarily trying to win Zenva over with her answer, more explain her point of view. “Jedi..sith, they follow the same path, just on opposite sides of the road. Both are prone to overreach in power, both are prone to use those powers to put down those that do not have the connection. Their path is of no matter to me, or my research. Science treats us all equally in the end.”

She allowed the other woman to start to speak once more, and while she did do her best to listen to every word that spilled from the Zabrak’s black painted lips, Aaaine couldn’t help but flash her red gaze down to the weapon that would level at her every so often. It a power move, simply, and while she outwardly did nothing to show her nervousness, every time that barrel lined up in her direction, she felt a twinge of shock light up her heart. It made it certainly difficult to focus on the words that came forth from Zenva.

By the time she realized the matron had finished speaking, she shook her head to clear it, attempting to give a clear answer. “I..yes, ah.” Another shake of the head, a deep breath, then those red eyes settled on Zenva’s. “Answers relating to anything you would like about my research, within reason, I can divulge over drinks. I know enough about you to know most of your business dealings finish with a drink. That is, at least, for the deals that end well.” The Chiss, attempting some small form of humor, flashed a cheeky smile in the Zabrak’s direction, hoping to elicit some response.

Aaaine's explanation of her view on those that followed the divergent paths of the Force earned a shrug. "Death, the great equalizer. Well, dissection and study in your case, I suppose." Again the Zabrak's head tilted sharply to one side, her caustic gaze narrowed. Something had caused the Chiss to flinch, or near enough in Zenva's mind.

The Chiss seemed to shake herself, stammering in to her response at first. She really is out of her depth, Zenva mused to herself. Slowly she reclined back into her seat. This time her right leg came up to rest atop the knee of the other, the whirlpool of thorned tattoos around her knee slipping from her gown. A wide smile formed on her sharp features, serrated teeth gleaming oddly in the neon lights.

A small laugh escaped her, then another, until her ringing laughter filled the apartments. "I find the best dealings start with a drink. By the time we reach the important details everyone has had a chance to relax. Sooner or later everyone speaks openly and honestly. Sometimes when they don't mean to."

Zenva paused sipping her new drink for the first time. As she did her pistol came up to gesture towards the couch opposite her. She spoke briefly in her native language once more, the sharp words softened by her tone. Her Droid spoke for her a moment later. "Please, sit with her Excellency. I will fetch you a refreshment." The Droid turned to start across the room towards the bar.

"What do you want to tell me about your research, Doctor? It is doctor, isn't it?" She asked, smiling behind her glass. "I can't say I'll understand much of it. I'm not particularly knowledgeable in the finer workings of the sciences. I am typically more interested in the application of research. The weapons it can produce for me, or the gains my people can cultivate from them."

Aaaine Aaaine

Last edited:

Aaaine

Time: 2314 Hours

The laughter that rung like a bell throughout the apartment sent a shiver down the Chiss’ spine. Despite everything, her entire demeanor and consistent attempts to show that she could control herself and the situation, all it took was the mocking laughter from the Zabrak to continue to show just how little control she had over what would take place in the next few hours. Control was more than likely out of the picture at this point, but perhaps she could earn a modicum of respect from the other woman.

Taking a drink, partaking in the culture of Zenva’s current situation, would perhaps be the first step in that. Sitting back into her chair, a red eyed gaze moved from the Zabrak to the droid, tilting her head in question. “Well, perhaps a refreshment would be nice. A Cassandra Sunshine, if you have the pieces, would be divine. If not…just a Merenzane Gold.” Her eyes glanced over to Zenva momentarily, taking in the expression that might come from her choices of beverage, before returning back to the droid. “Thank you.”

Watching the droid move away from the pair, Zenva’s voice caught her attention again. And between that smile that had the devil’s gaze behind it, and a voice that enraptured her attention, her mind began to fire in all the ways she might be able to impress the Zabrak. Impress them enough to throw their support behind the LCFO and Unblessed, without giving her every piece of the projects.

“Our..research falls into a few veins related to force sensitivity and it’s inner workings. Shepherd, specifically, has begun to look into the relation of physical characteristics in different species to see whether there is any relation to that and likelihood of force sensitivity. At this point, little has been seen that would correlate to a significant result.” She reached behind her jacket, into the waistband of her pants, and produced a datapad that was slid over to Zenva. “There are a few other projects that are in that system that I feel…less inclined to speak about verbally. I know not who is listening.”

Was that a shudder? Did she just tremble! A shiver of pure delight rolled through Zenva as her focus changed however subtly. Those caustic yellow-red eyes widened, dancing across the sapphire skinned alien, drinking in every micro expression she could find. A giggle slipped through the Zabrak's toothy grin. Her genuine amusement left the sound light, almost innocent in its girlishness.

Finally, her anxious guest moved to sit once more, turning away to address Zenva's Droid. The Zabrak's smile deepened as she leaned forward, her glass coming to rest on her knee while Aaaine spoke. Again her head tilted to the right, an obviously exaggerated gesture of curiosity. "Do you thank your scalpel too?" She teased, chuckling at her own humor.

There was a moment, at least in Zenva's mind, were the two women locked eyes, and time seemed to slow. Bottomless crimson orbs delving into her soul even as she lost herself in their gaze. It was mesmerizing, staring into those fathomless pools of blood red, never truly certain where they in turn stared. The sound of her Droids synthetic voice caused her to blink, snapping out of her momentary trance. "My deepest apologies, Lady Trea'aain'elis. I fear a Merenzane Gold will have to suffice."

The Droid's head turned sharply to look at its Mistress, earning it a brief scowl before it moved away to make a drink for the Chiss. Zenva's attention returned to her guest a moment later as the woman continued her efforts to win Zenva's support. One hairless eyebrow rose as Aaaine spoke about a Project Shepherd. "Interesting. Some form of shared genetic code, perhaps?" She murmured in a low tone.

There was a single moment of tension in the Zabrak, an involuntary reaction to a hand disappearing in to a coat. It passed just as quickly, before Zenva reached out to pick up the offered datapad. Her eyes glanced down for a moment before returning to that sanguine gaze. "This is Nar Shaddaa, Doctor. Everyone is trying to listen. The first to succeed will be shot in the head for their troubles." A sharp smile curled her lips, utterly confident in the truth of her own reassurances. "Please, speak freely in my company."

Aaaine Aaaine

Last edited:

Aaaine

Time: 2315 Hours

Deep red eyes turned to look over at the Zabrak, chiding her cheekily at the idea of thanking the droid for her drink. Zenva’s smile was returned with a brash one of her own, raising an eyebrow in a bratish manner that broke the cold facade of the chiss momentarily. “Only when it does it’s job well..of course, there are times when it doesn’t, and I incinerate it or toss it off a cliff.” Leaning back, that cold facade slowly began to return as she listened to the other woman.

The drink option was..acceptable, shrugging when it was all that was available. Her eyes flashed over to Zenva as she practically snarled at the droid, prompting the smallest of grins behind the glass of amber liquid as she brought it to her lips. Did she dislike it more because it reflected poorly on her as a host, or because it might upset Aaaine? Either way, it was the first moment in this entire conversation where she might have scored the smallest of points in this game of words.

The liquid burned down her throat, prompting her to release a slow breath as it slithered down her throat while she placed the drink to the side. A nod was cast in Zenva’s direction, though a shrug of indifference followed shortly after. “Genetic code could be a predisposition to those being more likely to have high midichlorian counts, though that isn’t necessarily something we’ve been able to put in a significant category. But, to be fair, our crop of subjects hasn’t exactly been the highest quality of volunteers.”

Zenva’s response had the Chiss’ chewing the inside of her cheek for a moment, eyes glancing over the woman with a raised eyebrow. Something about the way she called her doctor prompted her to reach back over, grabbing her drink and using it to hide the smallest semblance of a smile. Amber liquid consumed, courage restored, her drink was replaced and she began. “Fine. I have two projects I’m willing to dive into with you in these moments. While I do not doubt the security of your existence, call it..professional courtesy to not reveal all when our deal is not yet finished, or even laid out.” Another small shrug, followed by Aaaine nodding toward the datapad on the table.

Project Asclepius and Project Hypnos. The two projects on the forefront of our chemcial warfare divisions, being headed by Ginkgo Biotechnic, one of our subsidiaries. One deals with a chemical makeup of deathsticks, while the other is focused on anathesia’s effects on midichlorians. I’m happy to dive into either of those. Please, ask me questions.” She motioned to the datapad on the table, containing the sum research of both those projects before. The Chiss leaned forward, resting her forearms on her knees, eagerly awaiting to see what the mind of the blood matron went for first.

Zenva's eyes narrowed as the Chiss quirked a brow, spitting a sharp retort in response to her teasing. Behind the bizarre glowing skull, wheels spun, calculating every muscle movement the sapphire woman chose to make, and perhaps some she didn't. As her guest sat back, drawing back behind the mask of cold indifference so customary of her species, Zenva couldn't help herself. Another laugh, warm and sweet, slipped passed the dangerous visage she so loved to display. That's right, fight back.

"You're refreshment, Lady Trea'aain'elis." Once her Droid returned with a drink for Aaaine, the Zabrak held up her glass in a wordless toast, sipping her's as her guest sampled her own. Again there was a look of annoyances for the quickest of moments between the Zabrak and her Droid as it moved to stand at her side once more. A smile curled her lips however as Zenva returned her attention to the Chiss smirking behind her drink.

Trea'aain'elis, as the Droid had so easily called her, repeatedly and to Zenva's great annoyance, readied herself with a swallow of her drink before setting it aside. With a nod she began her explanations. Zenva's disinterest in looking at something other than her guest forced the Chiss to elaborate, perhaps more than she desired, simply to move the conversation forward. The Chiss seemed to steel herself with a second drink, earning another shallow laugh from her hostess. For Zenva, this was little more than a game, controlling the Chiss in what minor ways she could find.

The game had to end. "This is all extremely interesting, Doctor, but you're right. Let's be professional about this." She paused to sip her drink again, her dominant hand dipping into her lap to retrieve her pistol once more. Using it to extend her reach, Zenva leaned forward to push the datapad back towards the Chiss.

There she stayed, looming forward, a vicious grin of serrated teeth splitting her sharp, glowing features. "These are ongoing projects. Supported, and supplied by what very well might be my competition. I see you are passionate. I also see a few flows in your rehearsal." Slowly Zenva reclined, her smile fading as she settled back.

She spoke a word in her native language, her Droid moving to fetch a tray waiting on the nearby bar. When presented to the Chiss, it's shining surface was littered with what were likely recreational narcotics. Several Death Sticks lay among nearly a dozen offerings. "You already have Death Sticks, they're simple enough to find if you're motivated. I can offer plenty of substances for you to test, but is that why you are here? Why are you here, specifically? Nar Shaddaa, Hhawa Kouiehh, my apartment? What is it you desire, Aaaine? A partner? Protection?"

Aaaine Aaaine

Last edited:

Aaaine

Time: 2318 Hours

The Doctor watched, slightly annoyed, as her datapad was pushed back toward her with the help of the pistol. That was quite the spit in the face, as she was more than willing to show off her research but it didn’t seem like the Zabrak had much of an interest in learning or even really looking at the data. These were not things that seemed to motivate Zenva. It shocked Aaaine to a small extent, that she didn’t seemingly want to see the validity in what the researcher was trying to sell. But if the blood matron across from her didn’t want that, what would it take to convince her to help?

Aaaine felt like the game was beginning to come to an end, and even as she sat back in her chair and tried to listen to what the Zabrak had to say, talking about how much of her speeches were practiced, she couldn’t help but reach for that drink and down the rest of it to steel what nerves she had left. She wasn’t wrong, as she hadn’t been many if any times throughout this meeting. Most of her speeches had been practiced for hours before coming here. What was she supposed to do? She was a researcher. Memorization was a huge part of who she was.

Crimson gaze darting to the droid as it was called forth, an eyebrow raising at the sight of plenty of death sticks just haphazardly rolling around on the tray. Zenva was…not incorrect, yet again. Finding those had been easy, and at this point, the Zabrak did seem frustrated enough to be done with Aaaine tiptoeing around the point. It was time then to play the rest of her hand, and either walk out of here with the pot or with empty pockets.

“Fine.” She started, with no hint of the nervousness or needing moments to steel herself. Crimson gaze bore forward into Zenva’s face, the Chiss’ head tilting slightly as she took in the Zabrak’s features. “There are many, many things I desire. Pieces of equipment that I know you are good at getting. Ships, weapons, building equipment. All things you…or others, can get for me.”

Swallowing, fighting for a moment to let her voice display too much emotion, she instead allowed her eyes to drift ever so slightly upward, meeting Zenva’s gaze. “But what I desire is to surround myself with men and women who are willing to do what it takes to buy into this cause, help and others utterly eradicate the greatest threat this galaxy has ever known. But sith and jedi in political power, allowing themselves to make rules that those without a connection to the force can never fight and must conform too. It disgusts me. And I want to rid it’s stain on this galaxy. But to do that…I need partners. Close allies. Men and women that will buy in completely with what I am doing.”

For a while, her voice lingered in the room, as her gaze continued to meet and stare directly into Zena’s gaze. Walking out of this place with empty pockets, after all she had been through emotionally while sitting here, was no longer worth it.

Shock and insult were written all over the Chiss as Zenva returned her datapad. For a moment Aaaine was lost, sitting back stiffly, her eyes darting enough for Zenva to actually notice. You would think I'd slapped her, Zenva mused to herself as she watched the Chiss try to recover. Zenva's arrogant interruption of her speech had seemingly upset the Chiss a good deal.

In a proper boardroom, on a more legitimate world, Aaaine's knowledge, her research, her script would have served her beyond well. Such things unfortunately did nothing to spark any interest from the Crime Lord she spoke to here and now. Zenva was a creature of passions. Red emotion in all it's gorgeous versions from lust to loathing and everything in between, was the only real way to entice the Zabrak. Unless, perhaps, you had enough means to invoke her greed.

Aaaine's sharp retort caught Zenva by surprise. The Chiss finished her drink in a single swallow fixing her eyes on Zenva's again. A small smile curled the Zabrak's coal painted lips as Aaaine steeled herself. Her voice seemed to waver halfway through, fighting to keep emotion for her voice, or so Zenva assumed, but she managed to say her peace while staring into Zenva's corrosive eyes. When she finished, Zenva swore the woman was practically panting, upset with the Zabrak's nearly dismissive nature.

Her yellow-red gaze never left Aaaine's crimson stare. "There. That didn't hurt, did it?" Zenva's smile deepened as she paused to sip her drink again. "That's exactly what I want to hear, Doctor. An intention, a plan. That conviction." A soft laugh escaped the Zabrak.

Zenva's pistol remained in her lap, her empty hand however came up to gesture to the Droid. She spoke a few words in her vicious mother tongue, her Droid responding with an affirmative a moment later. It set the tray of "party favors" on the table between the women, and turned away to start making the Chiss another drink. Zenva's legs shifted again, her nearly fully exposed left leg settling atop the other at the knee.

"You are absolutely right, it is disgusting. It's cruel and illogical." Zenva's shoulder rose and fell in a shrug. Again she paused to sip her drink, considering her words for a moment. "I think I would like to be a partner to you, Aaaine. To help you in your goals. So tell me, how should you like to start? What needs can I satisfy for you here, now?"

Aaaine Aaaine

Aaaine

Time: 2320 Hours

That’s what it took? Raising her voice and speaking out of anger and emotion? It was that let her finally get through to this red skinned son a kark? What had she been holding her composure throughout this for? If this was the way to those cold, small hearts, then she would drop an level of formality and just get this whole thing over and done with. Perhaps then she could find a room where a blaster wasn’t waved in her direction haphazardly every other second.

Her eyes danced down to the tray, inadvertently leading her gaze to partially catch those long legs of her opposition. A quick look in their direction once more brought a bluer color to her cheeks, choosing instead to force her eyes back on the tray. A sip of her drink quickly turned into a longer one to once again steel her nerves for what was coming next. Red eyes glanced upward, a cocked eyebrow in defiance in Zenva’s direction, as her hand absentmindedly grabbed one of the deathsticks delicately and used it to shove the datapad back across the table to her.

“On that datapad is a list of immediate needs and contacts I would like you to act as a mediary for me for. A couple of the top items would be a place to call the base of operations for our more…military minded fanatics. It will be staffed by either droids, or our people exclusively. I don’t want anyone not screened by myself or trusted others stepping foot on it.” Straightening from her bent over position, her shoulders relaxed slightly now that the less tasteful of requests was out in the open. “The other items requested are more..scientific and long term in nature. Materials, subjects as you’ve mentioned, and items that would be considered extremely hard to get otherwise. Those are all items, however, I believe would be better laid out in a contract.”

Leaning back, Aaaine licked her lips as she awaited to hear what Zenva thought of her immediate requests. Before she could speak however, a thought occurred to the Chiss that had her reeling for just a moment, shuddering at the fact she had forgotten something so easy. “Ah..yes. And what sort of payment would you be looking for? I can certainly begin to gather the necessary credits that our contract would dictate.” Hoping the matron wouldn’t be too offended at her lack of thought to ask that at the very beginning, she prepared herself for any coming onslaught that might occur.

| Zenva Vrotoa Zenva Vrotoa |

It took a little needling. Chipping away at that frosty Chiss demeanor with sharp comments, and disinterested behavior, feigned or otherwise. Like so many before her, Aaaine broke, unable to keep emotions from her voice, her face. To Zenva's twisted pleasure, when the ice cracked, and fell away, fire poured out. Anger, but deeper, or perhaps even personal. How interesting.

The Chiss looked down, one hairless eyebrow rose inquisitively as Zenva watched the woman in a fleeting moment of silence. Did she change color? Zenva's eyes snapped down, eventually settling on her own legs. A smile split the Zabrak's plump lips, serrated teeth gleaming in the neon glow. Slowly her foot started to bounce in the air, flashing glimpses of the crimson sole to the black stilettos she wore.

Retrieving a Death Stick from the tray between them, Aaaine leaned forward, using the narcotic to push the datapad back towards the Zabrak. Zenva's eyebrows shooting up for an instant, a soft hum escaping her as she forced her attention from the view to the words being spoken. Inhaling sharply, Zenva straightened as her guest sat back once more.

A word escaped her in the vicious language of her people. "Her Excellency thinks." Zenva cut off the Droid with another, sharper word. The Zabrak held out her pistol, the Droid stepping forward to take the weapon from her as she moved forward to pick up the datapad, settling it in her lap as she returned to her reclined position. Again, she spoke a few words. "Very well, your Grace." The Droid replied, turning away and moving to stand at the edge of the chamber.

Clearing her throat, and sipping her drink again to center herself, Zenva's corrosive eyes settled on the datapad as the middle finger of her dominant hand started to navigate its surface. "A military facility, but you're decentralized if I recall correctly. Able to be staffed nearly exclusively by Droids. While being able to keep the uninvited from entering. Something mobile perhaps, or oh!" She chuckled softly, looking up to flash the Chiss another smile. "Such wonderful ideas spring to mind, but we'll circle back to that. Such things require planning."

Her gaze turned back to the datapad, scrolling and skimming for details that might grab her attention. Aaaine spoke, questioning payment and contracts. An inquisitive little hum escaped Zenva as her face turned back to the Chiss, hairless brows raised in question. "Payment? Well yes, I'll need credits. I have workers, and engineers to pay, materials to buy, transportation costs. The list goes on, but you've already given me something I desire, Aaaine. You want me to speak on your behalf? Why, that's access. Information, access, clientele. Depending on how expensive a partnership with you becomes will determine how much more of the things that I desire that you'll need to give me." A deep smile curled the Zabrak's lips. "Fair?"

Aaaine Aaaine

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom