Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Silence Meets Metal [FWC]

All was silent in the northern sector of Free World Coalition Space....
Too quiet despite an entire squad of FWC Rangers having been dispatched to investigate a free floating cruiser of unknown origin and unresponsive of the several attempts to hail by FWC Command.
Days have passed since the Rangers were deployed.
Recently FWC Command received a broken transmission from the Rangers frequency containing only a single audible word..
".....Rakghouls..."
Time had come to solve the mystery of the drifting ghost ship.
Soon a sweeper team was formed, vaccinated and deployed to recover the Rangers if possible and deal with the situation aboard the ship as they saw fit.

The sweeper team included:
[member="Theo Vereen"]
[member="Mercutio"]
[member=Ra’a’mah]
[member="SN-1411"]
[member="Tavi Riley"]
[member="Jim Pehico"]

The team began their journey on the shuttle to the ancient ship where an ancient horror awaits them...

Jim sat quietly as the ship took off. Typically, being an NFU, he wouldn’t risk himself going near a Rakghoul, but this situation was different. the FWC has vaccines, he would be accompanying a team, and this ancient ship should have plenty of loot, ancient loot. Loot that collectors and antique dealers would pay lots for. Jim saw nothing but profit that could come from this. Jim took a sip from his flask in his pocket. Already half empty. He knew he should’ve ran back to his quarters to fill it up. He put it in his backpack, which he brought in case he found a lot of loot. Jim decided to break the ice with the group.

“Hi everyone, I’m Jim. Brand new with the FWC. Has anyone here dealt with rakghouls before?” Jim said chuckling nervously.

[member="Theo Vereen"]
[member="Mercutio"]
@Ra’a’mah
[member="SN-1411"]
[member="Tavi Riley"]

He was trying to blend in be an average kinda guy. When asked his name he replied "Theo" left off everything else that wasn't who he was. That wasn't who he wanted people to think of him as. Not right now.

Still he kept quiet and listened. He learned more by listening. So far they needed vaccine against Rakghoul THAT had not been pleasant and he did not want to repeat it ever again. Course now he wondered if they told his mother. She would be having the proverbial fit about now. But it was all good he did this because he loved his home and the Coalition it was his duty to do so.

He looked up when he heard someone talking, "Hey Jim Welcome, I"m Theo and No I never have, Have you?" He sat up a little straighter be nice to have someone along who had.

[member="Jim Pehico"] | [member="Tavi Riley"] | [member="Mercutio"] | @Ra'a'mah

Tavi’s eyes danced from left to right as he carefully analyzed and went through all his system checks on his HUD. He needed to make sure everything was working. This was his first mission with the FWC, and he didn’t want to mess it up. He was worried also because of the Rakghouls. He has always dealt with criminals and droids in the past. He had no idea when it came to the Rakghouls, which he guessed he could compre to animals. Very Ferocious animals. Tavi shivered in his seat. He wasn’t scared, his suit’s temperature regulator was just malfunctioning....Yeah that’s it. Tavi decided to focus his mind back onto his drones. Git, Atom, and Net all hovered around him forming
a loose circle around him. As long as he had them he would be alright.

Tavi came back to reality when one of his squad mates started talking. Taco glanced over at the the chuckling man.

“Nope, never even hunted an animal before. Guess it’s a new experience for us both.” Tavi said.

Drone Equipment (4 slots):
Net:Electroshock probe,Motion and Acoustic Sensors,Thermal Imagery,Com link (Active)
Atom:Electroshock Probe, Motion and Acoustic Sensors, Com Link, Holo Camera (Active)
Git:Sonar Mapper, Com link, Motion and Acoustic Sensors, Penetrating Radar. (Active)

[member="Theo Vereen"]
[member="Mercutio"]
[member="Jim Pehico"]
[member="SN-1411"]
@Ra’a’mah

Mercutio was probably the least geared person on the shuttle being shirtless with only leather pants and combat boots with what seemed to be a single shoto hilt strapped to the top of his right forearm.
He quickly stood up with a smirk
"Mercutio, now everyone tell us, who's your daddy, and what does he do?"
He asks playfully before looking to Ra and shrugging.

The droid stood by with his heavy blaster. It facing up with the butt on the ground as he held the end of the barrel. Looking around at the others who were dispatched, and figured how well of a team they could be. To be honest he hoped that they could bring there own ship, if they were dealing with a deadly threat he'd rather bring a boarding party of super battle droids with him from his ship.

"So what brings you all here?" SN asked, "I came for what this could do for my legacy. Seriously, what could provide more glory then defending the FWC from an ancient threat?" He was glad that he had a good job now with the FWC, he did join to serve her majesty and the glory that could be rewarded for it. "The only thing I'm worried about is how well a protocol droid like myself will do against Rakghouls, even though I've hunted down some dangerous bounties before."

[member="Tavi Riley"]
[member="Theo Vereen"]
[member="Jim Pehico"]
[member="Mercutio"]

It was almost odd for Ra to be involved in a search and potential rescue mission. Not at all opposed to doing this, it wasn't she normally prepared for. On top of this, only a handful of people knew she could use the Force let alone which side she followed. As lead of the merchant fleet, she had almost put aside her sith days, but once in a while they were needed.

Of the people gathered, two knew she could use the Force and one of them...the shirtless one was her current apprentice who also knew her alignment. Hoping the two of them would keep hush at least on her alignment, Ra looked around as those that were coming along for the mission.

Crammed into the shuttle like sardines, she was able to look at each of the closely. After they introduced themselves it was her turn. She stood up and gave a slight nod before speaking.

"I am Ra'a'mah Numare and lead our merchant fleet. Just call me Ra. So much easier to remember. Now, I have been to Taris and that's where rakghouls originated so have some knowledge of them. Do we have vaccines? Most important we inject ourselves before we get bit or even scratched."

It was interesting a droid came along and she turned her attention to him for a moment considering carefully what to say.

"You mention you are protocol. However, you can't be infected so very likely won't be attacked at all. May have you in charge of communications unless you can fight at all."

[member="SN-1411"] [member="Mercutio"] [member="Tavi Riley"] [member="Theo Vereen"] [member="Jim Pehico"]

Jim looked as everyone replied.

“Thankfully this will be my first, and hopefully last encounter with Rakghouls.” He said to Theo. Especially if he gets infected. He then turned to the droid. “I’m here to make sure this threat doesn’t affect any of the FWC worlds.” It was partially a lie, he was here to find loot to sell, but it would hurt business if an FWC world was infected, so there’s always some truth to his lies.

He looked over to the Shirtless man. Was he stupid or fearless? Was there a difference? Mercutio and Ra has been getting cozy for some time now. Was it the muscles? Jim was in pretty good shape but he was no Mr. Universe like the guy over there. The shirtless man then made a bit of a slight to the group.

“Hey buddy,” he said to Mercutio. “You forget to pack a shirt or something?” Jim said pointing to the man’s chest.

@Ra'a'mah [member="SN-1411"] [member="Mercutio"] [member="Tavi Riley"] [member="Theo Vereen"]

Mercutio would merely shrug in response

"Easier to move around, allows me to use the force more freely, let's it flow more easily. Why? You uncomfortable with your sexuality?"

He asks, leaning close to Jim suddenly, puckering his lips near the other man's cheek before leaning back as the pilot came over the intercom with an updated ETA.

"When push comes to shiv, we'll see who gets scratched and who doesn't."

[member="Jim Pehico"] @Ra'a'mah

Jim laughed, “I’m incredibly comfortable with my sexuality, I’m just saying it might be cold on that ship.” Jim said smiling. Jim noted that Mercutio was indeed a force user. Could that be why he’s hanging with Ra? Is Ra training him? Though it wasn’t Jim’s business, he was curious to find out what they’re deal was. He looked over to the tan man with the drones around him.

“So Tavi is it? What’s the deal with the drones?” Jim asked out of curiosity.

[member="Mercutio"]
[member="Tavi Riley"]
[member="Theo Vereen"]
[member="SN-1411"]

Tavi flexed his arm, which was still sore from the vaccination he was given. It wasn’t that painful, just hoped it wouldn't affect his aim.

“Yes we got vaccines Ra, I’ve already injected myself earlier. I think the others did too. If you didn’t, they gave us a few extras that are in the medical box on your left....you know just in case. Also, it’s good to have someone with experience with us. Glad to be working with you Madam.” Tavi said as he relaxed slightly in his seat. This team was looking good in his opinion.

Tavi raised his eyes and smiled from underneath his helmet when he heard someone was interested in his drones.

“Those drones are like family to me, a part of me so to speak. They are for basic surveillance, and good for exploration. Good for mapping or finding life forms based on the equipment they have. They are going to make me see a lot more of the situation, and even provide a little defense for my self and you all.Their names are Git,Net, and Atom.” Tavi said while pointing to each drone. “Atom is the true follower of the bunch, and follows orders to the letter. Net is more curious and explorative. He likes to catalog things onto the holonet. He gets into the most trouble. Git is the quietest of them all, but the most hilarious. Right buddy?” Tavi said while each drone gave a beep, except Git who just hovered and did a 360 slowly.”

A man next to Tavi who looked like a heavy weapons expert snorted “Come on, “like family”? They are just droids, not your actually flesh and blood.

Tavi frowned for a second, but brightened up when Net floated over and used his electroshock probe on the man. The man jumped in his seat and swore. Tavi laughed.

“No, they aren’t my real family...but they are better” Tavi said as all the drones formed a loose circle around him again.

[member="Mercutio"]
[member="SN-1411"]
[member="Theo Vereen"]
[member="Jim Pehico"]

Ok so he had new names to remember looking about - [member="Tavi Riley"] | [member="Jim Pehico"] | [member="Mercutio"] | @Ra'a'mah . Well this was an interesting group. He couldn't help but chuckle.

And there it was a subject that just seemed to naturally occur in a room full of soldiers, - sexuality. He didn't think he needed to express his own at the moment, nope he'd keep that to himself.

Shiv? like...hmmm...he didn't want to look stupid so he didn't ask what that meant.

But now there was something he was curious about. "They gave us all some purple looking vaccine and loaded us up with more just in case. I've never seen a rakghoul." He tried to hide his accent some and to bring his language down some, so he could fit in better. He tried not to smile. Goddess knows what that would do with this group.

The pilot looked back at the group of misfits. “We’re here ladies and gentlemen.” As you exit the ship and observe the scene around you, you feel an unnerving sensation, if you are a force user you can feel that the ship radiates a strong sense of the dark side of the force. Too get a good look of the area around you, you’d need to take out a flashlight because most of the lights are off and the ones that aren’t off are flickering. Another shuttle followed in. This one a military shuttle. 3 soldiers popped out, a Chiss woman, a Zabrak male, and an older man. The older man walked up to the group. As he got closer, you would notice an obvious scar below his left eye.

“Hello sweeper team, I’m Sergeant Naz Versio, and this is Rho Squadron.” The man smiled, but you can tell there was nothing but fear in his eyes. “I see you met Private Saltbroc, he can be a bit much sometimes. The young lady next to me is Corporal Bedcro, she don’t talk much but I trust her with my life.” He nudged towards the woman. She crossed her arms as he continued.

“This young man right here is Private Nise. Outstanding ranger, came out of the academy top of his class.” Though the kid might be smart he didn’t have the brawn to back it up. He was abnormally scrawny for a Zabrak male. “Our objective today is to search and rescue the initial boarding party, and evac. We don’t want to be here more than we want to, stay together and follow my lead.” The elder sergeant said.

The team began their journey out of the hangar into the ship.

[member="Mercutio"]
[member="SN-1411"]
[member="Theo Vereen"]
[member="Jim Pehico"]

Tavi stared at the Rho Squadron before them, it was nice to have some extra backup, though Tavi didn't know yet if he could trust them fully...they seemed..green. He let his eyes wander over the Chiss female for a second before he looked away.She looked interesting

As soon as they started to move out Tavi activated the info link with all his drones, and connected to them, their visuals came in through his HUD, and lined up perfectly on the right. He could hear the microcomputer in the suit starting to get right down to work. Tavi connected to their com links.

"Alright Boys time to get to work. Net, Atom scout mode, stay close to the group and make sure to keep apart. Git stay." Tavi said as he raised his fist into the air "Move."

The private, saltbroc took a step away from them as they zipped by his head. Tavi grined from underneath his helmet.Scared of a teeny tiny, cyclops drone...

The two cyclops drones took off into oposite directions and started to scan the hanger, while Git stay right next to Tavi. Tavi raised his left arm and activated his night vision, and immediately started to get a clear picture of what was around him. He waited for a minute as he switched to thermal, and then back to night vision.

"No Contacts yet...." Tavi announced to the whole group. Tavi shakily held his rifle as they started to move out the hanger.

@Mercutio
[member="SN-1411"]
[member="Theo Vereen"]
[member="Jim Pehico"]

The droid followed out and into the hanger. Sadly the droid didn't have any kind of night vision programmed into him, It seemed that in hindsight it may have been a good investment. Instead he had a flash light, and a head lamp, the flash light was attached to his heavy blaster.

"Hey, as a droid do you think I should go first. Maybe the Rakghouls won't care as much for a droid. Plus you could say I'm a little more durable. The only think I ask is that is things get bad and I'm out, just take my essential hardware and put it in any droid you can." SN suggested, plus he wanted to be a hero, and thought that would be a good start for the situation. In the main part of the ship beyond the hanger, the tight halls could easily give a sense of dread if thing were getting bad. He didn't sense anything, it was a little too quiet to the protocol droid.

[member="Tavi Riley"]
[member="Theo Vereen"]
[member="Jim Pehico"]
[member="Mercutio"]
@Ra'a'mah

With a great deal of amusement Ra watched the half serious play between her apprentice and Jim. Shaking her head slightly when Tavi spoke of his drones and said they were like family, she nodded. Each had a skill set and would be of use to them. One of the people next to him spoke his opinion on droids and Ra gave him a dirty look, but held her tongue. Two years ago she had been scared of droids. Who was she to say what another person should think or feel about the rights or personalities of droids. They were now her allies.

Accepting one of the vaccines, Ra injected herself with one. They would last about three or four hours before another would be needed. Hopefully they would complete what they needed to get done before then though. If not, she was glad there were extras.

The shuttle landed and Ra made sure she had everything secured on herself before leaving. When they had been on the way to the ship, she had pointed out to SN-1411 the rakghould may not find him appealing because they couldn't eat him. Her suggestion he carry the communications equipment hasn't been answered.

"Unless you can fight, Mister Droid. I would suggest you stay in the rear. You mentioned you're a protocol droid. To me that says you're non combat for the most part. Tavi, can your drones communicate with him by chance?"

Following them out of the shuttle, she waited for Jim and Merc to join her. There were contacts in the hanger so at least for now, they had a safe haven to hide in or return to when everything was said and done.

[member="SN-1411"] [member="Tavi Riley"] [member="Theo Vereen"] [member="Jim Pehico"] [member="Mercutio"]

After the shuttle opened Mercutio was just simply gone, as far as everyone without force sight was concerned, even his scent was shrouded and blanketed by the force which he wrapped around himself as camouflage.
However, he was still there, and he moved carefully and silently down the ramp, ducking below the little droids as they zoomed through the air passed him.
Mercutio decided to venture a bit further than the bots however, taking his time allowing his eyes to adjust to the darkness and making good use of the brief flashes of light as they flickered.
Soon he would return, suddenly appearing at the side if Ra who most likely could feel his presence when he got close enough.

"Small locked portal near the end of the northern corridor probably just a broom closet, but the corridor I believe leads to the main bridge. At the very end is a door only halfway open. Pitch black inside, didn't hear anything, dead quiet, didn't want to risk trying to slip in."

[member="The Galactic Storyteller"] [member="SN-1411"] [member="Tavi Riley"] [member="Theo Vereen"] [member="Jim Pehico"]

Jim had been observing the scene around him. It was as if the hangar around him came out of his nightmares. He walked forward to Ra. Who had just finished telling the protocol droid what to do. Whether the droid was listening to her, he couldn’t tell.

“Well Ra, if they grab me and they start ripping me apart, please do me a favor and do your best to end my misery quickly.” Jim said with a nervous chuckle.

Suddenly a figure dropped behind them. Jim jumped in front of Ra trying to protect her. Selfless as always. Jim looked at who it was. Mercutio shirtless and behind them.

“By the force! Could you not do that!” Jim whisper-yelled putting his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath. He then quickly cleared his throat. “I mean I wasn’t scared.” He declared and gave a sheepish grin.

[member="Mercutio"] [member="SN-1411"] [member="Tavi Riley"] [member="Theo Vereen"]

Tavi turned his head slightly to the side and chuckled "Yes, you are not scared....you sure your alright? Because your heartbeat is rising rapidly, and I see a increase of temperature in your cheeks..." Tavi bullpoodooted as he pretended to scan Jim pressing the side of his helmet, while he was just switching thermal on and off.

Tavi then turned to Mercutio "Nice scouting, I'll send Net to watch that halfway open door."

He then turned around to look back at the droid "You got the communication equipment yet?" Tavi said in a slightly anxious tone.

[member="Jim Pehico"]
[member="Mercutio"]
@Ra'a'mah
[member="SN-1411"]

SN felt like protesting, but figured she was right. Reluctantly the protocol droid went to the rear. Which meant he could probably melt anything coming up from behind. SN had the feeling that rakghouls probably would still go after him. They just couldn't turn him into on of them. Then he looked at [member="Tavi Riley"] "Communication equipment? I thought one of Naz's team got it." He said, eyeing the three of them. He wasn't sure if any of them got it. Then again he could've been talking to one of his droids.

Nonetheless the oblivious droid moved along. Down the halls there could be some ominous noises moving through the ship coming in on them from the sides. The droid figured that they were simply small impacts from asteroids in space. Bumping into the space ship every now and then.

[member="Jim Pehico"]
[member="Mercutio"]
@Ra'a'mah

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom