Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Dead Planet Contest: Katosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katosh

~~~~~~~~~~~~
pic%203%20darkworld-thumb-330x237-80313.jpg

(1. Source: Real Planet, TrES-2b)​
(Visual Representation of Katosh)​

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To win the Dead Earth contest!
  • ​Image Credit:
1. http://www.blastr.com/2012/01/9_real_planets_so_amazing.php
2. Alien Evolution Book
  • Canon: N/A
  • Links: N/A
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Planet Name: Katosh
  • Demonym: Kotaon
  • Region: ​Unknown Regions
  • System Name: Ad-Vekel
  • System Features: ​A dying star, and two other planets; both also effected by the same catastrophe that lead to Katosh being classified as a -Dead Planet-
  • Coordinates: 18 - 22
  • Major Imports: N/A
  • Major Exports: ​Massive composites of Durasteel components, and deep under ground acidic rivers. Largest export, a dangerous natural air born pathogen. The species of this planet were dealers in biochemical weaponry, however due to unknown circumstances; the biochemical pathogen they synthesised was activated on their own planet,
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
  • Gravity: Standard
  • Climate: Acidic rain and month long storms are common on the planet. Otherwise, climate is comparable to frozen.
  • Primary Terrain: ​The entirety of the planet's surface is dead, a rocky tundra.
james-cameron-alien-landscape1.jpg

( 2. Source: James Cameron's LV-426 Concepts)

• Major Locations:

• ​THE GREAT POOLS:
​The Great Pools describe the home of the airborn pathogen that thusly makes this planet inhabitable. They are great black pools of goo like substance that stretch on for thousands of miles across the face of the planet, these venomous pools used to release the airborn pathogen and delve deep into the core of the poisoned planet.

• ​ERIKAD CITY:
​The home of the Katoans, an ancient city of technology and culture. Not much is understood regarding the Katoan people, however the last few cycles of their existence previous to their extinction has been studied and partially deciphered. This is thanks to the many symbols that spawn the spiralling tall towers and Cambodian style architecture of the Kotaon peoples city.

• ​THE MINES:
​Orbital studies have shown massive caves that lead down to untold depths. Studies claim there are a total of 600 of these cave entrances, however there are a total of 6 massive entrances, being in total 3 miles in circumference.

POPULATION
  • Native Species: Katoans
  • Immigrated Species: N/A
  • Population: Uninhabited
  • Demographics: None, everything that ever lived on this planet is dead, mutated and rotted into the very rock and metal of the planet.
  • Primary Languages: Writing within the city of Erikad is an unrecognised language. Presently only small segments have been decoded.
  • Culture: Based on what small dialect could be understood through rigorous testes and decryption, the orbital snap chats of the city of Erikad has revealed that the ancient society of the Katoans; whom are presumably extinct was that of akin to a worship of a single dictator. Based on hieroglyphs discovered within the city; force wielders were incredibly rare and worshipped as gods. These 'gods' were the law of the land, this lead to widespread influence of the dark side as this power corrupted those who had it.
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
  • Government: Dictatorship of the highest level.
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Wealth: N/A
  • Stability: ​What drew this planet to the attention of the rest of the galaxy was a beacon. This beacon, was millions of years old before it even reached the edge of known space. Roughly 1,000 years ago, based on the databanks of the old republic; a rescue operation was put together to respond to the beacon. The rescue operation consisted of historians, scientists, Jedi and soldiers. None of which survived the violent airborne pathogen. The planet was therefore put under quarantine, the handling of this quarantine has shifted several times due to wars and political disputes and is currently under no jurisdiction. This planet is where people go to die.
  • Freedom & Oppression: ​No system of government in place to enforce any sense of freedom or oppression.

MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY

• Military: Based on recent research, ancient remnants of anti-artillery turrets have been discovered in random sites across the planet, massive weapons of destruction. However, none are functional nor can be reached, many look broken or have worn away with the passage of time. The city of Erikad has minimal visible defences which additionally has also began to rot, just like the city itself has began to fall apart slowly. A large spire that reached into the upper atmosphere of the planet crumpled down and crashed into the city, destroying a large portion of what many researchers considered to be the military compartments of the city.
  • Technology: The technology is visible defunct and non operation, however appears based on speculations to be far more advanced than our own. Much of the aesthetic of the technology appears impossible to explain, and unfortunately will remain that way as it is untouchable.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Planet was discovered by our known galaxy roughly 1,000 years ago by the Republic. A rescue/research team lead by Doctor Sullivan ventured through unknown space, following an ancient distress beacon back to the planet. Upon its discovery Doctor Sullivan's team examined the planet from orbit, there was no signs of life on this planet, no flaura or fauna. However they did discover signs of civilisation; a massive city. Hieroglyphs etched on the buildings were slowly deciphered, revealing small segments of their language. No sign of life was detected, however strange black earthy forms were visible all throughout the city. Touching down on the planet, the landing team was attacked violently by the airborn pathogen many became sick and soon the very cells that they were composed of began to mutate, non survived. A few survived long enough to escape to the research station posted outside.

Shortly following this, the station crashed into the planet. Based on data logs retrieved by droids from the wreckage, it has been surmised that the airborn pathogen had mutated into a malevolent sentient creature and Doctor Sullivan crashed the station into the planet, rather than risk returning to known space.

Since then, the planet has remained desolate, silent and completely untouchable by any form of life with the exception of those made of metal. In the past 10 years of recorded data. Not a single person has been maintaining the orbital station currently keeping the planet under quarantine. The technology of the orbital station is roughly 40 years behind our own. The civilisation has been compared with a massive corporation in their use of their scientific advancements. Selling their biochemical weaponry within their system, leading to all the lights within this system to grow dim and dark.

Katosh's sister planets Krota and Daegon have been put under quarantine also, however are not currently under examination.
In the centuries that have passed, the airborne pathogen and all remnants of life have overtime died out; the black lakes remain very much so violent and poisonous, however beyond that the airborne pathogen has effectively wiped itself out.

HOLONET ACTIVE:
ACCESSING REPUBLIC ARCHIVE>>
​ACCESSING RECORDS>>>>>>
ACCESSING K-26 FILES>>>>>>>>>>>>

DOCTOR SULLIVAN | ||| 011:
​"What was that? Repeat Captain Trei I can't get a positive read on your team!" Doctor Sullivan's frustrated tone is background to screams and static as the landing party's Captain Trei's breathless broken sentences reached Safe Heaven's com relay. "Where's Officer Cabel, get an exo suit on, and outside. Try and boost our relay. I need to know what's going on down there." The sounds of blaster fire, and what sounds like someone gargling violently fill the communications centre of the research station with silence. "Doctor, I'm getting a reading from the Excavator shuttle, it's leaving the orbit." ~ Navigation Officer Roen's voice shot over the local com frequency directly to Sullivan's personal Datapad. "I'm on my way to the bridge. Send security to the hangar bay, activate the shields; we can't just let them land it's against protocol." They weren't alone on this frequency, Jedi Knight Oren Sovek's voice suddenly came to life. "Delay that, I sense such pain on-board that shuttle. We need to help them. I'll be in the hangar bay." ~ Sullivan broke into a sprint down the long silver corridor of the orbital research station. "Master Sovek, If I recall correctly I am in charge of this operation. Keep the shields up!" There was no response, it was likely that Sovek was on his way to the hangar. "Doctor, Roen again. The shuttle has reached maximum speed, and is damaged. It's barrelling towards the hangar, it won't stop!" ~ Sullivan stopped in her tracks, rerouting her datapad's com frequency to the lower deck's open com channel; "Everyone, evacuate the hangar bay!"

Suddenly, an explosion shakes the station. The audio cuts out as Sullivan screams and drops her data pad.

​||| | RECORD END | |||

DOCTOR SULLIVAN | ||| ​012:
​"Officer Roen, do not open the door." - "But Doctor, someone is knocking on the door. Someone's trying to get in. They need help!" - "No Roen, that thing, that pathogen. Whatever is in the air, it's killed everyone. Whatever's knocking on that door, it isn't one of us." The sound of Roen's footsteps are audible as he backs away from the door. "Then, it's just us. Here, on the bridge. Everyone else can't be dead. They could've sealed other area's off like we did." - "Maybe....best not to think about it. We're losing air Roen." The knocking suddenly becomes louder and more violent. "I think it knows we won't let it in." - "We can't let this get back to known space. We don't have enough emergency power to send a warning to the republic. But, we..." The physical effort of pushing herself to her feet is audible, Roen walks over to her side. "Doctor, what will we do?" - "We, we....crash the ship." Her voice trembled on the last word. "That'll kill us and anyone else who's still alive." - "But it'll kill that thing too." - "No Doctor, I can't let you.."
-Zap- The sound of single blaster shot rings through the air.
​||| | RECORD END | |||

[member="The Matador"]

Great stuff, I like it! We just need a few touch ups before approval.

First, we'll need you to fill out the intent for making this planet.

The coordinates you have written down don't conform to the map on Chaos (here) please choose an appropriate Hex on the X-Y axis.

You also seem to have accidentally cut and paste a part of the template for a Force Nexus just beneath your major locations, this should be removed. After that, I think I'll be able to stamp this for approval :)

As discussed in the Pathogen submission - this planet submission will require the same edits to be made. This pathogen may no longer be active / existing.

Please let me know when you have finished making the changes.

[member="The Matador"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom