Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Day 50

Noah Corek Noah Corek
Spintir | Dawn Temple
Day 50

Jem laid out across the courtyard, music blaring in her ear piece as she stared up at the cloud. She ignored her project, the partly constructed wall left untouched in the high noon sun. She wasn't in the mood. If she could have just stayed in her bed and stared at her room's wall today, she would have, but Valery had blathered on on how trying could look like a great many things and blah blah, sometimes getting up is enough.

So here she was, staring at the partially built gate wall instead.

Surprisingly it wasn't the darkside that troubled her today, it was... well...

"If you don't do this for yourself, you'll never get out of here. You have nothing to prove to anyone but you."

It was herself.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
Jem Fossk Jem Fossk

Noah groaned as he finally made it to the Dawn Temple, stretching out the tired and strained muscles that had sped his way up the mountainside to this particular temple. But there was a question to be asked, why was Noah, a Mandalorian with only extremely tangential connections to the Jedi Order as a whole? Well the answer was rather simple, he owed someone.

In particular he owed Valery Noble Valery Noble for helping him out of some trouble and Noah was someone who honored his debts. Looking at the entrance to the temple two things caught his eye. First was the unfinished gate wall and second, and probably most importantly was the young girl laying on the ground nearby.

Looking the girl over he noted in his mind that she was probably not far off age wise from his middle children, Morgan and Junior, and judging by the music coming from her ear piece they shared musical interests as well. "Hey!" He raised his voice to get her attention. "I'm guessing your Jem? Val sent me...said I might be able to help you? With what exactly that's beyond me honestly..." Ah, a good start.

Jem's head lulled to the side, watching the lips move on the stranger that hovered nearby.

Where was flying chickens, honestly?

She squinted and grudgingly paused the track. "Um. The chicken place is at the base of the mountains. 'You're suppose to turn right, not ...left." The sass was subtle and understated. Sometimes she just liked to throw people for a loop to see what they'd do. No one yet had been so easily deterred.

She sat up and rubbed her face, chilly under the mountain's high altitude. "Yeah, a lot of people get lost here..."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah chuckled somewhat at her answer, it seemed that taste in music wasn't the only thing this girl and his children had in common, snark and sarcasm just seemed to be a young adult thing in the galaxy in general. "Let me repeat myself...Val sent me to help...with exactly what I have no clue. She seemed to think me talking to you might help with your...rehab? Is that what you Jedi call it?"

He walked over to the half finished wall nearby and observed it. Being an engineer by education Noah usually took these things with great interest. Dragging a finger across a freshly cemented section he sniffed it a little and then looked over at her. "You should use some clay in your cement...helps bind the stones together better and therefore makes the wall stronger."

Jem snorted.

"The darkside isn't a drug. We don't have withdrawals." Yet as she said that she knew it wasn't true. Her brows furrowed, uncomfortable with the realization as he left her for her wall. She shifted and tried to smush the truth from her mind but it lingered all the same.

"You should use some clay in your cement...helps bind the stones together better and therefore makes the wall stronger."

"They don't give me clay. It's too cold here for that kinda stuff. Who are you, anyway?" She challenged skeptically. "What do you know about building walls?"

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah looked at her with a raised eyebrow and chuckled. "Really? If that's so why do they feel the need to lock you away from society, isolate you? Ya know...the same thing they do with addicts?" His words weren't accusatory or inflammatory, simply a statement of fact with no malice behind them.

When she brought up his credentials Noah chuckled and looked at her.
"By trade I'm a soldier, spent a few years in the Commando's. There they don't just teach you how to destroy things but build em as well. Stone walls like this are surprisingly good for stopping blaster bolts and slugthrower slugs. By education I've got a Masters in Mechanical Engineering and Bachelors in Electrical and Chemical Engineering...so I'm pretty qualified in the subject I'd say."

His initial words were such a slap, she failed to hear anything else.

Jem sat there, blinking past the sting of the truth she didn't like to face, and tried to remind herself to breathe. That was the point of this all, wasn't it? To learn how to not give her first new jerk reaction control over her. Being intentional with your response required air and perhaps... a bit of time.

And so she continued to sit there, trying to catch her breath.

"I put myself here," she finally managed to say, without the bitter anger that rumbled in her gut.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah was a hundred percent sure of the reaction his words would garner from Jem when he let them slip from his mouth, that was his intention. To test her reaction and see if it was knee jerk or measured and calculated. To say the was glad to see her choose the second option would have been an understatement, while he wasn't well versed on therapy or counseling for Force Users he knew quite a bit about the subject for Non-Force Users and since they were based on simple sentient psychology he figured that many sections would overlap.

When she mentioned that she had put herself there he stood, dusting his hands off from the debris that had gotten on them. "Good, the first step in solving a problem you have is admitting you have one...some would say the first step is the hardest. And the next step? Generate solutions...so Jem, what solutions have you come up with?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom