Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dawn is New Once Again. (Faction Members Only!)

A week after being taken off the streets, Jade was considered well enough to walk around. With a lizard on her shoulder and a staff in her right hand, she made her way out of the med bay.

She could sense the stares she got, even heard the mutters of the people around her. She was considered a witch, even a demon by some. Something she was used to. You didn't follow a different path and have a force based condition without some rumors being spread.

Jade settled in a small garden, relaxing at the smell of the various flowers around her. With an exhale, she lowered her breathing until she was in a light meditative trance. She could still process and interact with anyone whom comes in, but was calm enough to not get as sick as she normally does.

The lizard was simply asleep in her lap.

Sobaan Palle

S
Sneak sneak.

Sneak sneak sneak.

The little green and purple Togrutalian was back! And here he was sneaking through the garden. His momma had taught him how to move quietly so as not to startle any creatures. Her people were hunters. Even though he wasn't welcome there, he considered them his people too. But he was an outcast because his father was a powerful Sith Lord and a Mirialan. That was why he had green skin. The purple came from his momma. He did miss her and wished she'd come to visit.

Anyway, someone else was in the garden. He hadn't gotten a whiff of Fire Lady yet so he didn't think it was her. He also hadn't told her he was back but given her uncanny ability to find him in awkward situations, he kind of guessed she might already know. He made his way along the branch of the tree above where Jade had settled down with... A lizard! Oh he wanted it! But it wouldn't be fair to take it. Clearly it belonged to the woman.

Quiet as a mouse he slinked back to the tree trunk and edged his way down until he was just above her, even slowing his breathing, then reached out one hand to try and tap her on the nose before she could catch him.

The game was afoot!

[member="Jade The Rogue"] [member="Jyn Lorr"]

Sobaan Palle

S
He blinked.

Caught! Momma would be disappointed.

Withdrawing his hand, his little lekku twitched furiously at his embarrassment at having failed to surprise her enough to at least make her jump. He didn't know who she was but it didn't matter to him. Everyone, even old people, could have fun now and then. It made sense to him that they could and if it made sense to him then it had to be right. Except when it was wrong. Sometimes things seemed right but we're very wrong. Like when it seemed like you had to kill something to keep it from killing you. That wasn't right. You could wound it and make it run away instead.

"Hi," he said, still clinging to the tree. "I'm Sobaan. Why do you have a lizard?"

His orange eyes had turned from her and back to the lizard in her lap as he eyed it warily. Something about it felt off to him but he couldn't quite place it. Originally he wanted it, but the closer he got to it, he wasn't sure that he still did.

"I am sick, the lizard is helping me feel better." Jade said in a simple explanation. From what she could sense, the kid was too young to really understand.

Besides, she was bad at giving gentle explanations anyways. "My name is Jade and I just joined this order."

Her grey, pale eyes opened slowly, force sight settling on the young child near her.

"What's your name?"

The lizard moved to her shoulders, eyeing the child with dark eyes before settling to sleep once more.

She had not believed it at first when she sensed a presence she had not felt since Teth.

So very long ago now, the Je'daii had been newly formed and she had still been so insecure, uncertain of herself. Look at her now, she had embraced her positions within the Order and had learned how to control the beast of a curse which lay within her. Hardly the same woman at all, even her name had changed in part due to the unearthing of information on her past. She had found a brother, and a family friend, and a step-father... She was in a better place now that she had ever been...

And the presence she latched onto now only made her feel immeasurably better.

Stepping through into the gardens she felt that presence disperse as she stepped into the range of the Ysalamir's bubble. No more sensing, no more controlling, she was free from her own restraints for the time being in Jade's presence, such were the wonders of Myrkr's native lizards. She would be forever grateful of Sargon for showing them to her.

Her eyes fell over the two of them, equally as cursed woman and rambunctious little scamp, and she could not keep the smile from her lips. She lowered her head into a deep bow of respect, before stepping over to the Togrutalian and attempting to pull him into an embrace.

"It has been too long" she told him, before she could find cause to speak anything else. For truly it had.

[member="Jade The Rogue"] [member="Sobaan Palle"]

Sobaan Palle

S
"Sobaan Palle. Nice to meet you," he said smiling. "Your lizard doesn't like the Force does it?"

He'd learned a few things while he was out and about. But he'd also felt the change when he'd entered the bubble, he'd just not said anything about it. Gripping the tree was just something he was good at. Climbing. His mom had made sure that his survival skills were high. She'd been a hunter herself so it kind of made sense to teach him to be one. So he didn't have trouble hanging upside down from the tree and talking.

The lizard was weird though. He'd never run into a lizard that could stop the Force. It was like that weird ball he and Jyn went after before: a mystery! He was going to ask about it when he felt hands grab him and tug him off the tree. He hung awkwardly and his lekku twitched incessantly until he saw who it was that was picking him up.

"Fire Lady!"

He hugged her fiercely. Since she'd last seen him he'd grown a bit. He was starting to grow towards those pre-teen years. He'd gotten taller, a bit lankier, but he clearly was developing a healthy muscle mass. Probably from the tree climbing.

Jade was quiet, unsure how to explain. "He keeps the force from hurting me." She wasn't even sure how to explain force sickness to a child.

She gave a small smile and nod at the familiar aura of her rescuer. " Hello, Jyn. Or is it, Fire Lady?"

Jyn was glad to know that she had been missed, she could feel it in the way he squeezed her during their hug. Soon enough she set him back down within his tree, beaming a smile up at him as she listened to what Jade was explaining. Ah... The ysalamir... Yes, a curious little creature indeed.

"It is Jyn, though not to this munchkin I suppose" she chuckled, shaking her head; it had always surprised her how quick Sobaan had been to discover her own little curse, the fires which constantly flowed through her veins yet at times were more well hidden than others. Like now, she was in complete control. Though, she supposed the force nullifying bubble of the lizard helped with that.

"Miss Jade here has trouble remaining balanced in the Force," she explained to the lad, making it as easy to comprehend as she could even if that meant dumbing down the concept of the Force Sickness, "Just like I once did. This lizard - a ysalamir - helped me through my difficulties, so I brought one for Jade to use in hopes that it would help her too. Do you sense how the Force feels distant right now? Ysalamir are special in that they can remove the Force, they sort of... Push it away. And anyone stood in close proximity to it also feels those effects. No Force for any of us right now, my little friend."

Her gaze shifted to Jade after explaining, with an encouraging smile.

"How are you feeling? Have you tried meditating without the lizard yet?"

[member="Jade The Rogue"] [member="Sobaan Palle"]

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
AURUM
Azar City Streets, Outer Rim Territories

INTERACTING WITH: [member="Jyn Lorr"], [member="Jade The Rogue"], [member="Sobaan Palle"]
Lonely morning walks helped Ar'ekk to clear off his mind from anything that had been bothering him, such as nightmares of past occurances that continued to haunt him. This was something he clearly had gotten used to as time passed by, learning to accept that the situations playing in his head were unavoidable and that life goes on. Aurum was peaceful and he found serenity in these long walks around Azar City, the sounds of the city, birds chirping and the warm light of the sun touched down on his skin.

He didn't have to worry for little Tefie because she was staying with Sahna and Ignis once again, who would be taking care of her for the time being. The man wished he could've brought his daughter along with his walk that morning but that couldn't happen, at least not for today.

The Force was tugging him to follow a certain path and a familiar sensation started to buzz in his head, like someone he had met before was nearby. This never really happened out of the blue so the Knight decided to follow his instinct to try and pinpoint the exact direction where the source of his feeling was coming from. A beautiful garden at one side of the rocky road with big trees and sprawling flowers of all colors covered the back of a house from one of the citizens, that's when he swa woman with a veil on her head.

She was holding a staff and a small lizard rested by her shoulders, undoubtedly this was who he though it was.

"Jade?"

The other two individuals standing near Jade had their backs turned against Ar'ekk, so he didn't quite spot them clearly. You'd think the young Knight would recognize his girlfriend right away, right?

Think again.

"I do intend on trying, just not quite yet. Storm within me must settle first." Jade explained. "However, I do thank you for helping me. Now I can get off those cursed pills." Suddenly, another aura came into 'sight'

"You, scruffy......." She turned and smirked, standing up. " you're alive, pity, would have been a good reason for you to disappear."

Sobaan Palle

S
"Huh," Sobaan said as he peered at the lizard and then at the woman.

Sitting in the tree as he was, it afforded him a good view, and he was able to study the two appropriately. He wasn't overly fond of the lizard and what it did, but Fire Lady had said it worked for her, so maybe it was alright? No, he didn't think so. Taking away that feeling that he enjoyed, the ability to touch everything around him, to feel it there, without having to actually touch it was something that he didn't like parting with. He'd give anything to never have to deal with anything but it. And yet here was a woman that couldn't find balance in the Force and so she was hiding from the Force altogether. That seemed... strange. It didn't make sense to him that it would do anything but ultimately make it harder when she put the lizard down.

Reaching around to the small of his back, and in the folds of his clothing, he pulled out the ball he had found at the bottom of the chasm when Fire Lady had told him not to go down there. He rolled it around in his hands and studied it, and then looked at Jade again. If he could actually see, it would be certainly beneficial. He couldn't even see the fire inside of Fire Lady at the moment. She was just- her. That was odd to him too.

As he studied the woman and the ball and Jyn, another individual appeared. This time it was a man he didn't know, but seemed to know the woman with the balancing problems. He wanted to move away from her so he could get the feeling back, but at the same time his momma had told him not to be rude. So, he stayed put, sitting in the tree rolling the strange Force artifact around in his hands. He was pretty sure he wasn't supposed to have taken it, but that was partly why he did. Grown ups didn't tell you not to do things unless those things were fun or important, and he felt a strange connection to the sphere that made him want to be near it all the more.

"I don't like the lizard. It's nem jĂł."

[member="Jade The Rogue"] [member="Arekk"] [member="Jyn Lorr"]

"Hey now, mind your manners little one," she said to Sobaan when he stated how much he did not like the lizard, "the Force created it for a reason, remember that, just as it brought you back to us. How have you been? Are you back with us properly, Sobaan? I still have room for you as my student."

As she was saying this, the sight of [member="Arekk"] drew her attention and she remained quiet as he and Jade said their hello's. She noticed the familiarity between them and was honestly surprised to discover that they knew one another. A pleasant surprise of course.

She spied the orb in the young Togrutalian's hand and shook her head. Since Teth was no longer theirs, nor was the Temple upon it, she could not help but feel... Glad that he had brought it with him. Even she could feel the odd connection between the pair, and truth be told Jyn didn't know what it was any more than he did. It had sat at the bottom of that waterfall for quite some time before he plucked it from there, as long as Jyn had been on the world and she had first visited when she was around ten or eleven.

"Morning, Querido," she finally said, addressing her beloved who somehow hadn't even noticed her there. Not that Jyn minded, she was enjoying a catch up of her own.

[member="Sobaan Palle"] [member="Jade The Rogue"]

Arekk

AURUM

INTERACTING WITH: [member="Jyn Lorr"], [member="Jade The Rogue"], [member="Sobaan Palle"]
"Good morning, darling."

Bumping into Jyn wasn't a big surprise because after all Aurum was their home, despite being big enough to have a vast amount of citizens roaming the streets every day.

Mornings weren't as busy as when the sun settled down in the horizon, the sunrays beamed brightly and the air suddenly became warmer by the minute.

The Knight's eyes lingered on Jade and her newly acquired pet, she looked exactly the same as that moment when he found her in excruciating pain in the middle of a forest, stayed at the Ebon Hawk for a couple of days until she settled down then was dropped off in one of the close planets before making sure she was safe.

Perhaps it was the Force's work to put her back on track and get to Aurum where she could certainly find help to her issue with the "gift" that seemed to afflict her life in the worst way possible.

"I'm glad to see you again, Jade. Hope you enjoy your stay among the Je'daii."

Broadening a friendly smirk to Sobaan, Ar'ekk placed his hand on Jyn's shoulder and waited before resuming his daily morning walk.

Sobaan Palle

S
"That doesn't mean I have to like it," he said, frowning at the lizard.

Sure it was a part of natural nature, but that didn't mean he had to want it to exist. It was part of an ecosystem somewhere, but considering this was the first time he'd ever come across one he doubted it was a natural part of the planet they were on or any of the others he'd been on. That meant it didn't belong, so he didn't have to like it. Besides, he thought it was strange that someone would want to not be able to touch the Force. It was everything around them and a part of them. Being cut off from it seemed wrong to him. If you couldn't exist without the Force being a part of your creation, what purpose did it serve to make it go away? His lekku twitched ferociously.

When the other man appeared and Jyn and he conversed, he laughed at what he called her.

"She is not darling. She is Fire Lady!"

Silly man, calling her such a strange name. Who was he even? Sobaan was certain he'd never seen him around before. Granted, he'd been gone for quite a while as a result of getting stuck on whatever planet it was that had the First Order younglings on it. He'd tried to catch up to them, but every time he'd tried to find them he'd ended up failing. They were elusive and well hidden, apparently. His eyes drifted back to Jade briefly as she returned to where she'd been, and he narrowed his eyes in warning at the lizard, but then looked back to the man and Jyn.

[member="Jade The Rogue"] [member="Arekk"] [member="Jyn Lorr"]

Boy was Sobaan starting his teenage years early, his hormones and emotions seemed all over the place. The rather quiet yet adventurous youngster had found his voice, which in truth was a very good thing, it allowed his personality to develop, yet at the same time he would most certainly need to work on how he expressed himself. Not that she expected him to change who he was, just to present his views a little less impulsively.

There was no sense in arguing with him about it all of course, so she smiled and gently gave him a pat on the head.

"Darling, Fire Lady, can I not be both of those things little one?"

She looked over at [member="Arekk"] who seemed to be wanting to resume his morning walk, and before the man could go too far she began to speak addressing both of the males in the vicinity.

"Sobaan, this is Ar'ekk... Ar'ekk this is Sobaan, my Apprentice. Or, at least, he was. Do you wish to continue with that path, Sobaan?"

[member="Sobaan Palle"] [member="Jade The Rogue"]

Arekk

AURUM

The man's eyes lingered on little Sobaan, despite being a very young person he was a very brave and defiant person. A smile flourished on Ar'ekk's face as he replied back somewhat in anger. Oh boy.

"Nice to meet you, Sobaan. How about we call her Jyn, instead?"

His hand reached out to shake the small Togrutalian's, hopefully they hadn't started to meet with the "wrong" foot.

Perhaps he had clinged to Jyn enough to have developed something known as "puppy love" which was pretty common for young people like him. That thought amused him so he lightened up in attitude, not making much a big fuss about it.

"Guess I should moderate my words around Aurum, eh?"

That morning, Ar'ekk was using a really different outfit to the ones he usually wore. A much more "Je'daii" like attire, made all by himself. From a mile way you could tell it was homemade because the material used and its overall look screamed such, the red velour being bright as the sun that day.

One could say he was making sure it felt comfortable to give it much more use in the future, probably in training. His old robes had began to get stagnant and his leather jacket needed some cleaning after all.

Sobaan Palle

S
Sobaan blinked at Jyn.

"I stopped being your apprentice? Why would I stop?"

Now he was just plain confused. Sure, he'd disappeared for a while, chasing after the First Orders younglings because he'd wanted to play with them. That didn't mean he'd quit. Ok, well, he could see how it might have seemed that way since he disappeared while they were on a mission and hadn't come back for quite a while. Maybe he should have sent her a message or something while he was gone so she knew he was alright and wasn't ditching her. He hadn't thought of that.

The other guy mentioned calling her Jyn and he snapped out of his confused state and reached out involuntarily to shake his hand. Familiar maneuver and he did it before he thought about it. Calling her Jyn was still a weird idea to him, though. Sure, he'd grown, but the pet name was more familiar to him, but also more intimate than calling her by her name.

"If she tells me to I will, I guess."

The playful demeanor of moments before was clearly gone now. Mostly replace by suspicion and a bit of wariness. After shaking Ar'ekk's hand, he climbed up to where he could stand on one of the trees branches rather than hang on it. It gave him a better vantage point, but also put him out of anyone's immediate reach, which meant he was momentarily safe. So while Ar'ekk may have figured out that he had feelings for Jyn, Sobaan still wasn't sure about the man and Jyn's relationship. Better to be out of reach for now.

"Are you new?" he asked Ar'ekk before turning to Jyn. "I'll always be your apprentice."

[member="Arekk"] [member="Jade The Rogue"] [member="Jyn Lorr"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom