Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Dartflower Sniper Lanvarok

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pomojema

Voices from the High Academy
OysVefD.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Azel Moran
  • Affiliation: Ashin Varanin, Mercy, and select associates
  • Market Status: Closed market
  • Model: Dartflower Sniper Lanvarok
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Semi-unique
  • Material: Alchemical alloys, duraplast
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Exotic sniper weapon (railgun-powered lanvarok)
  • Size: Large for a sniper weapon
  • Weight: Average for a sniper weapon
  • Ammunition Type: High-stability, slightly concave durasteel lanvarok discs; standard power cells
  • Ammunition Capacity: Small (six-disc magazines; power cell supports 36 shots)
  • Effective Range: Battlefield
  • Rate of Fire: Average for a sniper weapon
  • Damage Output: Extreme for a sniper weapon (Average against rigid heavy armor, or using silent mode)
  • Recoil: Average for a sniper weapon
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Railgun lanvarok
  • Bayonet
  • Adjustable muzzle velocity
  • High-quality scope
STRENGTHS
  • Extremely durable, capable of withstanding capital weapons fire or lightsaber impacts.
  • Muzzle velocity can be dialed down to just below the local speed of sound for a silent shot.
  • Long slicing bayonet gives options at close quarters.
  • Spinning disc ammunition can slide between ribs/armor plates and whirl around inside rib cage/armor, increasing lethality (e.g. against large creatures). Will turn individual Drengir's internal structures to pulp. Good at amputation and decapitation.
  • Spinning disc shot can carom around corners.
  • Spinning disc shot will turn into a whirling spray of molten durasteel if it meets a lightsaber. This is only likely to cause surface spatter burns, albeit nasty ones.
  • Spinning disc shot can shear through even the finest flexible armor and the toughest hide.
  • Alchemical metal can soak up Force lightning like a traditional Sith sword, though this would shut down the weapon.
  • No muzzle flash.
  • Does not overheat.
WEAKNESSES
  • Spinning disc shot vulnerable to falloff.
  • Spinning disc shot vulnerable to wind.
  • Spinning disc shot can glance off heavy armor, jolting the target rather than biting in.
  • Rail gun mechanism and scope's electronic components are vulnerable to ion weapons or electromagnetic pulse. Total shutdown/descramble/reboot takes ~2 minutes.
  • Bayonet does not extend far beyond muzzle, limiting impalement effectiveness.
  • Small ammunition capacity, combined with bulky six-disc clips, meaning the user will run out of ammunition in any prolonged engagement.
DESCRIPTION
Named for the Dromund Kaas dart flower, this weapon uses an adjustable electromagnetic railgun to fire modified lanvarok discs at battlefield ranges with reasonable accuracy. The master smith Azel Moran built a small handful of these sniper lanvaroks in the mid-870s as a personal commission for Ashin Varanin. The Dartflower is roughly comparable to the average sniper rifle in Ashin's extensive collection, but with unique aerodynamic challenges and opportunities. Like an ancient lanvarok, the Dartflower is devastating against soft tissue, flexible armor, and internal organs, and has specific weaknesses and possibilities against heavy armor.

"Emptied a magazine against a charging terentatek. Two shots glanced off the horns and cracked them. One shot hit the left eyeball, bisected it, and whirled back out of the eye socket. The fourth shot slid through the muscle of its thigh, through and through; the terentatek barely noticed it. The last two shots slipped between the ribs and whined around inside the skeleton and armor. One exited via the terentatek's shoulder, the other via the groin."
—Testing notes, Azel Moran, 874 ABY, Korriban

"I believe the sniper used a long-range version of an ancient Sith lanvarok. I counted half a dozen shots. Some glanced off my armor but staggered me. I blocked one shot with a lightsaber, a major mistake. I held the block (a severe jolt) and the spray of superheated metal skittered off my armor and burned in the gaps. A shot sliced off my hand, requiring extensive regeneration. I barely made it to cover, at which point the final shot ricocheted oddly and glanced off my armor again. I was lucky to survive."
—Mission report, Jedi Knight
Khefiir, 874 ABY, Kessel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom