Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Darkwire and Friends White Bantha Gift Exchange

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
OOC/ A 'white elephant' gift exchange is when you show up with something good but weird/unwanted, and it's wrapped.

When it's your post you do two things:
A) The unwrapped gift you brought is probably the one the previous poster picked, so you get to say what it is.
B) Take your turn: either pick a new wrapped gift (which the next poster will identify) or steal someone else's.

IC/

BLUE FLAME CANTINA

Folks were still coming in and adding their wrapped white bantha gifts to the pile. A few stalwarts had been here for a good hour, slurping eggnog and getting the place warmed up in general. The thing Jerec had brought was, uh, large and also clumsily wrapped in flimsiplast wrapping paper with a rocket ship pattern. He waved with a half-full nogmug as more new arrivals showed up.

"Hey folks, toss your gifts on the pile. I'm just about to take my turn."

He squinted at one of the other packages — it had an interesting shape but he couldn't decide what he thought it was. Lurching across the cantina floor, he picked up the gift and opened it to reveal...

Last edited:
Sturdy house slippers.
25364_900x.png

Jem was... gonna pass on that. She picked up a small square box and plucked off the ribbon to reveal...

An audible snerk and stifled giggle rumbled from one of the corners as a certain immature fixer noticed her package was getting picked up. It was a big box, and inside of it was another box. Inside of that box; another box. And so the experience went for another dozen layers of increasingly smaller boxes until finally the recipient reached the solid plastic wrapped in triple layers of newspaper.

The papers were torn off and with it Amea felt another snerk part her lips with another laughter. If the recipient thought it weird that she was laughing now she really should have seen Amea when she bought the gift at the gas station on the way here.
FXH2j3n.png

The hysterics slowed down for a moment and Amea's skin was given the chance to turn from as red as a tomato and into a shade perhaps a bit more human. Ever since she had heard of the genre Jizz and the accompanied Jizz-Wailing she had never really quite been able to get over the fact that this was what the genre's name actually was.

She exhaled a hot breath for a moment before she staggered over, took a package of her own and sat back down with a curious look on her face. She shook it for a moment, raised it up and down to try and see what it was. Given the sounds it gave off, it was clearly a…

She opened the package.

... mutated skull of some kind, vaguely human in shape and miscoloured by age.

For whatever reason, it was wrapped in plastic and held in a tote bag.

7wVde01.jpg

It was not, all things considered, a particularly sane gift. In hindsight, Kal should probably have picked something else, but the thing had not fit into any of his pre-existing collections. It was old and by extension rare and by extension a good gift, or so he had reasoned.

Giving Amea a thumbs up and a grin, the 'dark-haired young man' was entirely unashamed of his decision-making.

Realising that he was up next, Kal picked a package covered by an uncomfortable amount of glitter on a whim.

What else would be inside, but a gift of pure joy?

A46kGB4m.jpg

The colorful hair dye kit was the actual gift, but the glitter it was packed with was her way of ensuring that the gift would keep on giving. Daiya had included the non-toxic glitter variety, even if it would have been more fun to include a glitter bomb as well.

Maybe next year.

The young shadowrunner devolved into a fit of giggles when she realized who had picked her gift, grinning furiously while imagining Kal with colorful hair. It suited him.

She recovered eventually, and it was time for her to choose. The teen ventured for a smaller box, unsure of what she would receive. It was...

...a box of ants.

Daiya would remove the lid of her chosen gift to reveal half a dozen teeny tiny ant droids crawling their way around the box. One of them managed to scale the side and fell off, landing at the young Shadowrunner's feet with a distinct pop and causing an electromagnetic discharge that killed the lights and any other electrical devices within a few feet.

At least for a minute, and Yula took that as her cue to blindly grab ahold of something from the pile of gifts.

No, she had definitely not shoved some of her defective droid-popping-droids in a box and passed it off as a present.

When the lights flickered back on, the Zeltron found herself in possession of …

Jerec began distributing eggnog (both spiked and not) and a platter of cookies. He seized the opportunity to surreptitiously take a closer look at all the unwrapped gifts. Not that his Ithorian slippers were bad by any means, but he found himself hoping against hope that someone would take those slippers. That would free him up to take that exceptionally appealing Wookiee mug from Samnai Rouber Samnai Rouber

Boozy, he estimated the odds of that happening as one in yup, lots.

...a box of ants.

Daiya would remove the lid of her chosen gift to reveal half a dozen teeny tiny ant droids crawling their way around the box. One of them managed to scale the side and fell off, landing at the young Shadowrunner's feet with a distinct pop and causing an electromagnetic discharge that killed the lights and any other electrical devices within a few feet.

At least for a minute, and Yula took that as her cue to blindly grab ahold of something from the pile of gifts.

No, she had definitely not shoved some of her defective droid-popping-droids in a box and passed it off as a present.

When the lights flickered back on, the Zeltron found herself in possession of …

e9ya0wy7ec581.jpg

A rather uncomfortably ornate mask, that wasn't even built for functionality, to such a degree one could hardly breathe through it let alone see through it. It was possible sure, but outside of a classic holo theater production, it was essentially a fancy paperweight. Cassus came by it after hiring a supposedly reputable alien craftsbeing that was, unfortunately, both hard of hearing and working under a false impression of what his needs were due to a third-party translation error or two...

This also meant that the 500 UCks he acquired from the Darkwire Mutual Aid Fund went down the drain into someone's gift box. One man's trash and all of that. Though in this case, he was almost positive it was just regular trash. Maybe it was worth something as scrap?

Cassus reached for his own box, confident that this same gift-giving methodology would probably ring true for his gift as well...

It seemed his gift had not recieved quite the reaction he had hoped for. He had been sure it would be a hit, either due to its rarity or because of what it represented - the twisted skull of a mutated humanoid should have instilled a sense of self-confidence in its recipient.

After all, while everyone had their flaws, few flaws were as evident as having two partially-blended heads.

His own gift brought a chuckle to his borrowed lips - a hair product for an ordinarily bodiless individual was funny enough, but it was made far more entertaining by the fact that he himself had been persuaded to make hair products before. Hair products plural.​

A rather uncomfortably ornate mask, that wasn't even built for functionality, to such a degree one could hardly breathe through it let alone see through it.

It was the item following the ants (?) that truly drew his gaze, however. How delightfully unique! Yula Perl Yula Perl truly was a lucky individual.

"It's beautiful!"

"It's beautiful!"

"Uh, thanks. Uh…"

Beautiful was certainly a word. She would have gone with weird or gift most likely to make a baby cry.

"Wanna trade? For your hair thingies." The purple streaks would look fun in @Jem Galor 's hair, and potentially annoy the teen. The glitter would be of no consequence to Yula, for she was born into it. Molded by it.

She scooted a few seats closer to Kal for the pending trade, bringing her next to Amea Virou Amea Virou and nearer to the cookies. "At least you have a nicely shaped skull." It was unclear whether or not she was talking about Amea's skull, or Amea's skull.

"Done-" Amea said and grunted as she reached behind the backrest of her chair and lifted the skull to to push it firmly into Jerec's hand before he could go back on the deal. "Deal."

She said and took the slippers from his hands with an eager pull. With her new gift in her lap she proceedede to also slide a small stick into the Ithorian man's palm.

"And a hundred ucks for your gracious service, J. May it serve you well."

Jerec wiped away a tear of gratitude as he cuddled the two-faced skull.

"Oh, Amea, I didn't think I could get happier tonight, but here I am with this treasure."

He sighed, gave the skull an appreciative squeeze, and dropped to one knee. The eggnog put a little wobble in his swagger.

"Marry me, Amea. Please, marry me tonight. Nobody understands me like you — not since Quekko."

"Oh Jerec," A wide grin spread on Amea's lips as she knelt down before the Ithorian, pushed her cheek to his, errr, cheek or second mouth or whatever and extended her hand towards a sky painted before them -- or, you know, in like a dark corner of the room or something. "But I am just a human, a plain old boring human and you know you could do better than that."

"You, my friend are, a Nexu in his prime, a sarlacc with BOUNDLESS PASSION."
Her fist clenched as she pushed it to her chest. Before continuing she proceeded to punctuate her every sentence with a wild sweep of her arms. "You are too ferocious in your apetites to be tied down to something so plain as a biped with anything less than SIX mammaries. You need someone with a carapace firmer than a genetically enhanced zeltron masseuse's hands. And someone with a mind that could slurp your very essence like fruit juice, my friend."

Finally she placed her arm over his shoulder to hug him.

"The galaxy is your oyster, and only the finest of pearls would do for you, my friend."

A few moments passed, her voice lowered.

"And besides that, with Evelyn, and... The fact that I basically see you as something so close to a father figure as I'll ever have, and I mean, you know..."

Jerec broke from the passionate embrace and burped eggnog out both sides of his neck.

"I am sick at heart," he said, "but the elegance and sincerity of your words steal the sting from such rejection."

His eyes wandered to a passing Chagrian. If he'd had eyebrows, they might have perked up somewhat.

"Thank you, my dear friend, for saving me from myself. Excuse me..."

Jerec began distributing eggnog (both spiked and not) and a platter of cookies. He seized the opportunity to surreptitiously take a closer look at all the unwrapped gifts. Not that his Ithorian slippers were bad by any means, but he found himself hoping against hope that someone would take those slippers. That would free him up to take that exceptionally appealing Wookiee mug from Samnai Rouber Samnai Rouber

Boozy, he estimated the odds of that happening as one in yup, lots.
Samnai clutches her mug closer to her chest as she eyes one Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr , whose eyes she could feel on her gift a moment ago. Not that she would mind giving it to him (as long as he offers something in exchange), but hey. A gift is a gift, no matter how odd it looks. And hey, it's rather cute, in a weird way. Not that she's ever admitting it out loud.

She relaxes her grip once she notices the exchange of the two-faced skull and the slippers, glances down on the disturbingly accurate mug, only to distance herself from it once she realizes that she's practically cradling it in her arms, like a child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom