Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darkness Strikes

Zaiden stood silently gazing into the void of space, the glass between he and it being the only thing that could save him from its suction to death. His mind simply kept him still, for though his body was there, thoughts were not. Instead it was deeply swept within the Force and its many pulls. Something was wrong, any powerful Force User would sense this. All he could ascertain was it was located within his planetary domain. Whatever endangered his family or his people needed to be handled.

Turning on his heel, he headed for the bridge, “Commander, set course for Val’hala. Make haste. Something is wrong.” The man was used, by far, now towards his superior using whatever means he possessed to receive warnings in advance. He was pretty sure Zaiden was a wizard but never asked.

Absentmindedly, his hand drifted toward the pommel of his lightsaber, while he sent a telepathic message to Bryn, whom he wasnt sure of her position on the ship, “I hate to let you know, but we have to return to Val’hala. Something terrible is happening.”

==================​

A face in the shadows of the hood could almost be seen, snarling at the alchemy basin before him. Bodies of countless sat beside the man, while he worked his magics upon the fill. Blood, chemicals, sage arts, and magics all went in slowly, a chant filling the air. The air began to sour, smelling so foul it was almost nauseating. A dull hum began to fill the air, slowly reverberating further along within the temple.

People outside began to scream, shouting in agony as their minds were assaulted. It was as if a screwdriver was slamming repeatedly into the soft tissues. Alongside of this was the feel of a corckscrew, digging so deep it was like feeling it in their throat, that was slowly grinding their consciousness to absolute insanity. Before long, the pain began to receded…

It was like nothing changed. Each person suddenly moved around like they were unaware of what had previously occurred. Slowly the effect continued along person to person, level to level, building to building. This power would taint the whole planet, one could be absolutely sure. Yet, you had to question what was occuring? What had been done to these people, and was still happening?

[member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Barr Vexos"] [member="Lan-Dai Navras"] [member="Yanmog Althsar"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Thiavi"] [member="Bryn Celli Ddu"]

As an agent of the Sith Empire, Bryn had to come and go when duty called. However, there was something growing between her and Zaiden. What had started out as a budding friendship had taken a steep climb and rather quickly. She was a woman coming to terms with her training and what he was teaching her.

She quickly realized with him, she had a much better future than what the Sith offered. However, her loyalty to them was still almost faultless and when they called, she answered. When her duties released her though, she was right back at his side.

They were lovers and there was no doubt of that in mind. Not yet quite ready to take the next step in things, she was comfortable with what they had.

At the time he sent his telepathic message, she was in the shower, but it came as clear to her as if he was next to her. Closing her eyes, she had to focus on sending anything back to him.

What is going on?

There was too much distance between them on the ship to pick up what he was feeling, but deep inside she knew he was upset. Finishing the shower quickly, she got dressed and went to find him

Where are you?

Once she found out, she would move like the soldier she had started training as and nothing got in her way.

[member="Zaiden Dean"] [member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Barr Vexos"] [member="Lan-Dai Navras"] [member="Yanmog Althsar"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Thiavi"]

Thiavi

T
A lone freighter drops out of hyperspace above Val'hala. It wasn't a large freighter, it a was ruddy, cheap little thing used to transport passengers from place to place, by the look of it, it was probably smuggling something and using the passengers as a cover up as well as secondary income.

One of those passengers was thiavi, a mandalorian with a troubled past sealed away behind the armor and name she'd scavenged for herself before escaping tatooine, now she was just trying to "Make her way through the universe" as some might say.
Of course, she wasn't entirely alone. Beside her stood her tall, faithful companion and technical servant, Kebo, The Red KX-series droid stood beside her, wondering what she was looking at when she stared out into the void through the freighters small windows.

"Ma'am, We'll be approaching Val'hala soon, is there anything that needs tending to before we land?" The droid asked curiously

"Uhh, yeah. Run your diagnostics, make sure you're in tip top shape before we go" She knew he was doing fine, save for being 20 years late on any routine memory wipes, She just hated to see him as bored and aimless as she felt.
She sighs and leaves the window, sitting on a nearby crate where her helmet sat, picking it up flipping it, looking into the blackened T-visor for a moment

"Wonder if any of the exiles are on Val'hala?" "Unlikely I'm afraid, Most of them are either harassing UCM Territory, or in ORC space. The odds of the exiles appearing on Val'hala are two point-"

"How many times have I told you not to tell me the odds?"

[member="Bryn Celli Ddu"] [member="Zaiden Dean"] @Kahlil Zambrano @Gray Vanasir @Barr Vexos @Lan-Dai Navras @Yanmog Althsar

Faraway location, Val'hala

On a remote plateau sat a lone figure in deep meditation, head bowed and eyes closed. Yanmog had come to Val'hala for some earlier business and inadvertently found this place — a particularly potent nexus of Force energies — along the way. Deciding that it would be a good place to train, he had taken residence here for the past few days, attempting to strengthen his connection to the Force. It had, until now, gone smoothly, and he was feeling his connection to the Force deepening.

But here, now, near what should have been the end of his training session, something was amiss.

First, he felt it as a tremor in the Force. In the distance, it was like a roiling miasma, but it gathered momentum at an alarming rate. Not a few moments later, he heard the sound of some of the beasts in the area stirring. What was it? He had tamed them into docility when he first arrived, but they were becoming agitated now. Opening his eyes, he saw them beginning to shake uncontrollably, teeth gnashing, paws scratching the earth testily. Strange. These creatures had been powerful enough to withstand the nexus here all these years, yet they were surely losing their minds all of a sudden.

Suddenly, Yanmog felt his arms twitching. He felt himself shudder, without knowing why. Certainly it was not of his own volition. But this was no passing experience. It was intensifying, and the dark power that he had just sensed was now assaulting his very senses, physical and mental.

Yanmog summoned his crutches to him with the Force posthaste, but even standing up was a strain as his muscles began to quiver inexorably. He had barely managed to rise before he almost collapsed again, his arms feeling as if a thousand needles had plunged into them. He gripped his crutches as tightly as he could, but given his condition, they too were shaking. It was difficult for him to properly ground them; again and again he slammed them down onto the earth for purchase, but it was taking all of his energy just to prevent himself from moving forwards and off the rocky outcropping to his death. He instinctively attempted to swear, but even that wasn't manageable, with his teeth chattering to the beat of his unsteady crutches.

Was this the apex of his training? Could this place truly be so powerful?

The beasts were beginning to go wild now, rampaging about in the fields below the plateau. Even the grass seemed to be billowing with unnatural force.

No... This is not a product of this place. Someone else, somewhere, is responsible for this...

The spasms were reaching their peak now, as his own body began to reach breaking point. Yanmog could feel the screams in his own body, but he could not give them a voice. He looked deep inside him for the anger that was always there, the resentment and fury at the core of his being. He had a mission in life after all... and he was not about to let some unseen mage spell an end to it with this treacherous sorcery.

Slowly steeling himself, he gradually came to achieve stability with his crutches, halted the chattering of his teeth, and at long last, reduce the shivering of his body to a minimum. The sweat was still pouring, at a greater intensity than ever, for Yanmog was now summoning all of his strength to resist whatever curse had been cast on him... on the entire planet. With a mighty roar, his right crutch was lifted off the ground and fired a blast of yellow Sith magic into a nearby cluster of boulders. The rocks shattered into millions of fragments with a thunderous boom, followed by the thunk of Yanmog's crutch landing back on the ground again.

Just like that, it was all over. The quivering had stopped, the dark power he sensed had receded, and the pain he had felt with it. But though it was all over, he knew all was not well. The beasts he had tamed were now seemingly calmer, but Yanmog could feel that his control over them had been shattered by that same spell just now. They had fallen under this mysterious person's sway, and that notion led to another, most uncomfortable thought. Most people on the planet were not Dark Jedi Masters... Yanmog could not expect them to have resisted the power that he had just experienced. He himself had been caught off-guard by its power and ferocity. That meant that everyone on this planet was now... under this hidden menace's control.

Coinciding with that realisation was the renewed agitation of their beasts. They turned towards Yanmog, their teeth gnashing once more as they set their eyes on their target, at the behest of their new master.

These were no threat. But one question burned in Yanmog's mind even as he sent the beasts to their grave: Just who was the demon responsible for this?

[member="Thiavi"] [member="Bryn Celli Ddu"] [member="Zaiden Dean"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Barr Vexos"] [member="Lan-Dai Navras"]

[member="Barr Vexos"] | [member="Lan-Dai Navras"] | [member="Yanmog Althsar"] | [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] | [member="Thiavi"] | [member="Bryn Celli Ddu"] | [member="Gray Venasir"]

Like an ethereal mist, Zaiden materialized mid stride, stepping to her backside, wrapping her in his embrace almost lovingly. Ignoring the water that soaked, he, his clothes, and possessions, he nuzzled her neck, “I am here.” He enjoyed her scent for a long moment, silent at the behest of the situation.

When he stepped back, and out, he flared his power, and a heat coursed over his clothing and under it, drying everything. Snaking fingers through his hair, he returned it to proper shape as he sat upon her bed. Like she was available in his suite, he took liberties in hers. Leaning back a moment, he relished her soapy scent still upon his clothing and face.

“I sense a shift...” He paused, “No thats perspective. From what I feel, I fear a turn in loyalty.” Another pause, “I usually can sense my people, a sort of loyal loving beacon. Right now it is growing weaker by the moment.” It was a terrible thing, if the people, a double digit billion number, turned from him and could be utilized…

It would be the largest standing army in existence. He knew for he was aware that every able bodied man and woman could be above 20 billion. All ready to throw their lives away in religious zealousy. These beings would throw themselves on a sword for their leader. If someone could make them believe that he was Zaiden, see him as if they were one and the same, there could be massive panic.

“We will return soon enough.” He held out her clothing, eyeing her curiously.

"Isn't that sort of his job though? To calculate the odds?" It had been a lucky coincidence that Kahlil ended up on the same freighter as [member="Thiavi"] . There was nothing like seeing a familiar face among strangers as he, too, traveled the galaxy in search of himself. He settled down on a box across from her, holding a cup of Caf in each hand. He offered one to the Mandalorian while he sipped at the other, glancing out of the window with mild curiosity.

"You ever been to Val'hala?"

Thiavi

T
Truth be told, she'd forgotten that kahlil was even on board, she'd been lost in thought for that long, nearly jumping when the epicanthix spoke.

"His job is to look big and scary when I can't" She chuckles. "He is a security droid after all. But no, I'm not as well traveled most mandalorians, Never seen Val'hala before. What about you kahlil? You know what it's like down there?"

She'd met the epicanthix on ryloth some time prior, sadly an injury of sorts has left her memory of past events a little fuzzy, especially on mornings like this.
She remembered the first time she saw him draw a lightsaber, something she still wasn't sure how to feel about. She also remembered him possibly hiring her just before the village was attacked. 'ah, That's why I'm on this ship, huh?'
And of course she remembers the very beginning of that attack, a rogue nightsister and her undead minions, doubt she'll ever forget that.
But, none of that mattered now, She was here with k3 and kahlil, headed to Val'hala to finally begin her new life. What that new life would entail was a mystery of course, but a welcome one, for now.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

"Alright, only a few minutes left now," Gray said to himself. His ship was going through hyperspace on it's way to Val'hala. It was a simple job: bring the crates to Val'hala, get paid, and do what you want. Of course, Gray had checked the crate, to see that it was nothing harmful that was being transported, which it wasn't. So he had taken the job, thingking it would be easy.

The hyperspace Journey had been long, and uneventful. He had mostly been sitting, and listinging to Music, while making sure the Journey was going as planned. Occasionally, he had dozed of, only to Wake some minutes later when a New song started.

"Finally," he said as the ship exited hyperspace above Val'hala. He netered the coordinates to where he was to deliver the crates, and flew the ship in that direction. But once he netered the atmoshpere, he felt a stinging in his head. It wasn't strong, but annoying anyway. And it was unexpected, without any reason for it coming so sudden.

He put his ship Down in the Space-port. And to Gray's surprise, it was empty. The hangar he had landed in, at least. Not a living soul in sight. "Great, so what am I to do With these crates now?" He stood up from his Chair, and went to the ships's exit. But the lack of People didn't change just because Gray was now outside his ship. It felt ominous now, without any People here. Gray walked around the hangar, looking for anything. But once he got back to his ship's landign ramp, he saw another person a bit away. Finally, he thought. "I Guess you're my contact here?" Gray said, as he approached the other man.

[member="Zaiden Dean"] | [member="Bryn Celli Ddu"] | [member="Thiavi"] | [member="Yanmog Althsar"] | [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] | [member="Barr Vexos"] | [member="Lan-Dai Navras"]

They had been together long enough that what Zaiden could do shouldn't surprise her. However, Bryn jumped slightly when he materialized right behind her as she finished her shower. It lasted no more than a moment and she leaned into him until he moved away. Turning to look at him, she tilted her head as she listened to what he was saying.

"How is that possible? To happen all at once like that. Some sorcery has to be involved. Maybe akin to some of your actions in the past."

Nodding when he said they would return and find out what was going on, she nodded and finished getting herself dried off and dressed. She still no real concept of right and wrong, but what Zaiden said happened triggered such a feeling. That it was wrong.

[member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Thiavi] [member="Kahlil Zambrano] [member="Zaiden Dean"] [member="Yanmog Althsar"] [member="Barr Vexos"] [member="Lan-Dai Navras"]

"Can't say I have. I hear it's nice though, if incredibly diverse in it's locations. Should be an interesting stay." Hyperspace dropped then, and the planet could already be seen below. But with that in sight, a strange feeling over took the young Jedi. Something was wrong. Like before. Instinctively Kahlil rested his hand on the hilt of his lightsaber. It was happening again, like it had on Ryloth.

Or was he just being paranoid?

"Keep your eyes open when we arrive. I feel something off."

“Goddamn it…” Were the first words that Barr Vexos said when he regained consciousness after being unconsciousness for an unknown account of time. Slowly opening his eyes while instinctively putting his right hand on his head and running it, Barr looks around the area he in, trying to figure out where he is. He knew that he was inside his ship which was the easiest thing he recognized as he knew the layout of the ship. He looks outside to see nothing…in the form of the deep vacuum of space. However, after a few minutes of thinking about why he was inside his ship in space he remembers as he whispers one word:

“Val’hala”

He was heading to the planet as per request by a friend of his mother but as he was piloting his ship he felt something..something he couldn’t explain. He didn’t want to admit It, but a part of his freaked out to the point of causing him to hit his head through madding a quick stop in his ship.
“I got a really messed up feeling about going to there.” He said “ But I get messed up feelings all of the time.” he pressed a few buttons and continue over to the planet of “Val’hala.

Thiavi

T
In her very limited time with jedi, Thiavi had learned rather quickly that their seemingly "Paranoia" was usually well founded. maybe "I've got a bad feeling about this" was the running gag of the galaxy, but it was always a warning.

"I hate it when you say things like that.." She sighs "Will do."

She flips her helmet over lifting it over her head and then slipping it on, twisting it a little to get the fit just right. Afterwards she stands up, grabbing her NN-7 and shoving it into its holster, and then grabbing the small lever action blaster leaned up against her seat.
By the look of things outside, they were nearing the atmosphere, possibly the ground.

"Look sharp kebo, time to earn that oil bath" she says, her voice was electric in tone and garbled slightly by her helmet.

"How does one look sharp? I am a security droid, not a vibroknife" k3 says, audibly confused.

"Just look tough ok?"

"That is the intent of my design, yes"

[member="Barr Vexos"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Bryn Celli Ddu"] [member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Zaiden Dean"]

"Good." It was a welcome relief to have someone who could handle themselves like [member="Thiavi"] could with him. If things went south as they always seemed to, he'd have someone to rely on. Well, two, if he counted K3. And he'd be foolish not to. A quick check of his revolver to make sure it was still in working condition, then he'd stand and tug up his hood. He didn't need anyone recognizing him on world.

Soon enough the ship landed and the young man reholstered the weapon as he stood to leave. "Well, let's get what ever's bad out of the way now, hmm?"

Thiavi

T
Thiavi had forgotten about the revolver, a pleased smirk spread across her face as he watched it slide comfortably into it's holster, her expression sadly hidden by her helmet, mandalorians were rather animated and human under those things, but people rarely saw.
The revolver was something thiavi enjoyed, it wasn't all fancy and shiny like the dwang the core worlders used, but they're usually just reflective enough to catch the eye. The revolver was an outer rim weapon, something thiavi always liked, she had a blaster designed in a similar fashion, a six shooter, just like her rifle, but the best part of this was that a revolver didn't bring up the same questions, nor the same attention that his lightsaber would have. Good.

Upon exiting the ship, she couldn't help but notice how empty the space port was, it was like stepping into a ghost town.
"I can't decide if I'm worried or bored.."

She starts walking through the hanger, humming the opening of her favorite song.

"Have I ever played "We all lift together" for you? we used to sing it back no ta-" She stops as a pair of figures come into view. [member="Gray Venasir"] and someone else in the hanger across from them, of course she had never met either of them, didn't know their names and certainly not their features from this distance.

"I guess the place isn't as empty as I thought? HEY! she calls out YOU TWO KNOW WHY IT'S SO EMPTY HERE?"

She stops for a moment, listening for their response

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Barr Vexos"] [member="Bryn Celli Ddu"] [member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Zaiden Dean"]

Suddenly Zaiden looked away, out the windows, silent as his skin paled, "Their loyalty is shifted completely. They are still loyal though, to what I cannot say." At that he rose to his feet, approached his woman, then touched down on the belt that housed a small reservoir of Force energies. Focusing his mind, he clearly envisioned where his fleet would land, the common hangars, as they were fastest. Next he touched Bryn, and suddenly they both were ripped from space and time, to be placed within the confines of the massive hangar.

Only a hairs notice, lurched Zaiden back, shoving Bryn to safety as a lightsaber singed the space they had previously taken up. Spinning to face his attackers, his own Golden Claw, saber gifted to him by Ashin so many years back, reached his hand. The snap hiss reached the ear in just enough time to allow him safely to block a blow. Though one attacker it was not, it was four standing guard for whatever dark magics were occurring. Blocking another blow that came, he reached into the Force and slammed the group together with enough power to stun and knock unconscious.

Breathing heavily, he reached for Bryn, "I was correct. Someone has tricked the minds of my people, claiming the spot of God King, seeking to kill me before anything else. If i can find the source of the magic, I can reverse it." \

It was then he noticed others were landing as well. Deactivating his saber, Zaiden approached, "It was not empty. They were lying in wait. I dont know who you are, but I recommend leaving, to save yourself some trouble."

[member="Barr Vexos"] | [member="Lan-Dai Navras"] | [member="Yanmog Althsar"] | [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] | [member="Thiavi"] | [member="Bryn Celli Ddu"] | [member="Gray Venasir"]

The man stood still as Gray approached him. Weird. Gray closed the distance, stopping a few feet from the man. It seemed like he was in some sort of... something. Clearly, something strange was going on.

Luckily, someone else had arrived, and called out to Gray and the man. Thank the force someone normal is here, he thought, then mentally slapped himself for thanking the force. But now, there came a response from the weird man. He turned towards Gray, and drew his blaster. Instinctivly, Gray attacked, With an Echani technique he had learned from his mother long ago. It knocked the man out, but he had managed to shot once, and it seared Gray's shoulder. Gray grabbed his shoulder, and growled in pain. The wound didn't look too bad, but it felt terrible.

He pulled out a small package of kolto he had in his Pocket, and rubbed it on the wound. The pain faded a bit, enough that he could walk towards the person who had called to him. "No idea why no one is here. But right now, I'm glad that it is so empty."

Just then, another man appeared. He had a lightsaber, so he was most likely force sensitive. And from what he said, it sounded like he knew a bit more than he told. As usual, the force users had messed something up, which would end many lives. "Any idea what is going on here? I've got a deal With someone I was supposed to meet here, and I don't intend to just up and leave."

[member="Zaiden Dean"] | [member="Thiavi"] | [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] | [member="Barr Vexos"] | [member="Bryn Celli Ddu"] | [member="Yanmog Althsar"]

As the last of the beasts' lifeless bodies was claimed by the earth, Yanmog allowed himself a moment to reflect on his situation... or perhaps the situation of the entire planet. He stretched his Force senses out wide, but not his Force signature, as he was not prepared to take the risk of making his presence known to the unseen sorcerer who had just caused that incident. It was more than likely that it had been necessary for the sorcerer to make use of an elaborate ritual to accomplish such a monstrous feat, but nevertheless, there was nothing for Yanmog to gain by announcing his presence. He would need to investigate, and he imagined that he would not be alone in that effort.

Even from here, he could feel that the surge of power that he had just experienced was attracting others... others from off-world. Over the next few minutes, Yanmog watched ships dock at the nearest spaceport. Either the incident had drawn them here, or they had come for their own reasons, and were nonetheless inexorably pulled in by that spell. Either way, he would likely require their assistance... as they would his.

He scoffed. From this distance, his Force senses could not make out precise details, but his first impressions were far from inspiring. These were not the types that he could imagine working with in any capacity in an ordinary setting... but this was no ordinary state of affairs. He would need others to help him explore the world. The Force had crossed their paths for a reason.

Making his way to the spaceport, he continued to keep his Force senses extended and his Force presence masked. Already, he could detect some other Force-sensitives landing on this world. Jedi were insufferable, but they would likely be necessary to aid in fighting against this unknown monstrosity. There were others too, of course. This would make for a most unholy alliance...

[member="Zaiden Dean"] [member="Thiavi"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Barr Vexos"] [member="Bryn Celli Ddu"] [member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Lan-Dai Navras"]

The thought of the loyalty of all his people had left him dumbfounded Bryn. Her loyalty didn't waver in any manner and she couldn't imagine that going away.

He reached out and teleported them, a skill far beyond anything she could ever do. They appeared in one of the spaceport hangers. A moment later, she found herself pushed away as there was incoming attack. Bryn was far from some helpless lass though. Without any thought to her own safety, she regained her feet and without the use of the Force quickly had one of the people in her grasp. With the snap of a few bones, a scream of pain, the figure fall to the floor at her feet. Sightless eyes were open and looking up at her.

She didn't look back and listened around them. Turning to look at the newcomers, she took up a place near Zaiden when he held his hand out for her. Her body was tense and ready to fight for their lives if needed. That loyalty extended to him and Bryn would do whatever was needed for him.

Eyeing Gray up and down, she decided from his words he meant no harm and whirled around when another voice yelled out from the darkness.

"More are incoming."

That included one coming from the outside.

"What is going on?"

[member="Yanmog Althsar"] [member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Zaiden Dean"] [member="Thiavi] [member="Kahlil Zambrano] [member="Barr Vexos"] [member="Lan-Dai Navras"]

A friend called for aid, one she had reconnected with after decades. Flying through hyper space with a fleet of freighter loaded with medical crew and troops stardust stared out the view port, wishing they'd arrive soon so they can begin relief and aid efforts for zaiden

Suddenly the planet appeared in view as her vessels came out, quickly entering orbit and found a clear spot as they moved into position and slowly landed as they started spilling out and quickly set up a perimeter

Meanwhile stardust took a speeder and doomed on out sending a message to [member="Zaiden Dean"]

I've arrived on planet where are you

"Well, at least it's not empty." A sigh escaped the young man as [member="Gray Venasir"] came into view. Perhaps he really was being paranoid. Well, until [member="Zaiden Dean"] showed up and warned them to leave. Another sigh as he glanced over to [member="Thiavi"] . It was unlikely they were going to leave now. People were in danger. Even he couldn't ignore that. So he pulled out his revolver, checked it over, and nodded to his ally.

"Don't have a contract keeping me here, but it sounds like people need help. So, explain what's happened."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom