Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Darkness on Onderon

14-HRgksdg.png

QXTBWNB.png

Valery Noble Valery Noble Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

Xeykard swung his free hand savagely, shattering the rock intended to strike him. By the time he had, the young Jedi had bounded away, and was joined by-

Even his rage could not truly make his mind disappear. At times that was a weakness, at times a strength; today, it would likely save his life. His first thought was that he had misjudged the younger Jedi; he might be Xeykard's match, on a bad day. The other one, however, was Valery Noble. Xeykard was a Jedi hunter just as much as he was a Sith hunter. He needed to know who he could beat and who he could not. Noble had quickly moved towards the top of the list of those he should avoid.

Of course, Xeykard was not so devoid of pride that he did not consider it. But here, in a two-on-one, with both his opponents fresh, and on terrain he had not picked -- there was no chance. Better to keep his cards to his chest.

The younger Jedi throw a smattering of rocks at him, but Xeykard threw up a hand, blasting them away with equal force. After that he turned off his saber.

"Valery Noble. Come. This one will lead you to what you seek. Your lesser may come as well." The rage exploding from him had vanished. Now his presence coiled tightly around him -- clear enough to sense, but giving nothing away. Noble was clearly skilled in concealment; Xeykard would not insult them by disappearing himself, and instead opted for a more defensive approach. Wary, but not entirely untrustworthy.

He beckoned them, and started back towards the monastery.

Onderon.jpg

Onderon
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Ally Tag: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard
Baddy Tag: Xeykard Xeykard

"Not as much trouble as you have with keeping a low profile," Valery told him with a grin before her expression turned serious and fiery eyes shifted to the Barabel. After his attempt at a sneak attack, Silas no longer seemed that interested in getting him to surrender, and immediately attacked by telekinetically throwing more rocks his way. Valery, however, paused a moment and analyzed the threat.

He was on his own, seemingly, and she didn't just have any Jedi with her — Silas was her former Padawan, so they knew exactly how to complement each other in a duel. Yet still, she wasn't going to underestimate Xeykard and kept her guard up. He had already proven to be different by not showing strong emotion, and by not attacking, so he had to be planning something.

"Valery Noble. Come. This one will lead you to what you seek. Your lesser may come as well."

Valery raised an eyebrow and tightened the grip on the hilt of her weapon. She had no desire to cooperate with Sith and she definitely didn't trust him. But as he beckoned them to follow and moved towards the monastery, she decided against an aggressive move, opting instead for a more careful approach as well.

"Let's follow him but be on your guard, Silas. I don't like this at all," she said before moving after the Barabel, the hilt of her weapon still resting in her hand.

Onderon
Objective:
Extract Survivors, Fulfill Client's Requests, Get Paid.
Tags: Cyran Vaas Cyran Vaas , Open.

As he grew closer to the destination he was charged with liberating its occupants from, the sound of a blazing jetpack caught his attention - far louder than the distant explosions of what he could only presume to be a skirmish elsewhere in the jungle. The visor tilted over to where the sensor blip of motion made itself apparent, where a loud tumble of armor against ground made itself apparent. His brow furrowed, but nonetheless he made his way to investigate. Didn’t need something he ignored biting him in the ass later.

When Exel’s camouflaged form came upon the sight of a hunched-over figure, the vibrant color of the hair was a fairly large giveaway. He’d count himself grateful to be wearing something that could filter out what they could do - he practically never trusted any sort of thing that could manipulate and influence the mind. Another one of his multiple paranoid habits, of which may or may not be well-founded. The soft crunch of grass made itself apparent,

“You’re a ways from Zeltros.”

The modulated voice, neutral in temperament and devoid of discernable emotion, spoke out as he stepped into view. His carbine remained firmly in his hands, pointing as a precaution towards the unknown figure. It was unclear whether they were a colluder, or some third party. Certainly no ‘save-the-world type.’ His head tilted, as if to indicate he was giving their appearance an inspection from his distance away - a bit difficult to make out, given they might’ve been hunched over.

“...And wearing Mandalorian armor, bearing colors of Justice no less.” His dry tone’s inflection left little to tell as to whether he was in approval or disapproval. Still, he could not help but feel a twinge of distaste at the mere sight of the more ‘traditional’ design of Mandalorian armor, despite having taken so many features of it for himself. Mandalorians were rarely ever good news.

“State your business here, so I can be on my way.” Bluntly to the point. There was no gain in mincing words in the midst of a soon-to-be battlefield. One of which Samuel had no intention of being caught up in. Either the man ousted himself as a cultist, they did battle, and he was on the way, or he ousted himself with an alternative objective, and they part. Perhaps he could have shot first just for the extra measure, but opted not to - didn’t need the death of someone not related to this mess on his hands if he could help it. Still, with how armors of that sort were, it never hurt to remain cautious. Among Mandalorians, 'Justice' had a very...wide interpretation, from what he's seen.

Last edited:

fourE.png

Objective: Investigate the rumors
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble / Xeykard Xeykard

div1.png

Narrowing his eyes at the creature casting aside his rocks, he was half expecting the sith to rush at them with a counter attack. Although, the lizard turned off his saber to disarm himself. Silas raised a brow and briefly looked at Valery in slight confusion. It was possible he could have seen how powerful both were and going to surrender, but instead, he seemed to be adamant in leading them to a place of interest.

Being called a lesser to Valery was to be expected. However, from the way the sith talked about Silas he seemed to underestimate the newly made knight. If things got heated, Silas was sure to prove him wrong.

"I don't either Valery. I don't see anything but a trap coming up ahead" he said back to her, finally turning off his lightsaber "Yet, it may be wise to see where this leads. Even if it is an ambush, we'll be more than ready to face what is ahead of us" Valery and Silas were more than capable duelists, they'd know what to do when the moment arose.

For now, all they could both do was follow the sith further into the thick jungle.

IGqn8QU.png
Objective: Save lives, Fight Cultist, Get Paid
Tags: Samuel Exel Samuel Exel | Servus Dolor

Taking some deep and heavy breaths Cyran tried to collect his thoughts and get his bearings. His head was still spinning. But the noise of crushing grass got his attention. Looking up at the armed and armored figure before him the zeltron squinted his eyes some to better focus on the individual. They’re appearance was mandalorian-esque but not fully, which wasn’t super uncommon especially with mercs and bounty hunters. Often drawing warrior creed as inspiration, Cyran was like that once too.

He straightened himself up some onto his knees, eyeing the man before him more clearly. They recognized not only Cyran’t type of armor, but the coded significance of its color. It was nice that someone understood what he was going for with his chosen pallet. However, it made him wonder if the mystery man in front of him was a mandalorian himself. Coughing a bit and clearing his through Cyran would reply to their words. Sensing that the man didn’t trust him.

“Heh, I’m normally one for client confidentiality, but I’m under no contract now and you’re the one with the gun trained on me.” Cyran expressed his logic for why he would even explain what he was doing here. Having no leverage or reason to keep to himself. “I’m here under the request of her majesty The Queen. To stop some sort of evil cult at the monastery…” Cyran explained, part of him wished the man was in the same boat as him. Two humble mercenaries looking to make some credits and do good in the meantime. Wasn’t often such chivalrous work available. The zeltron looked away towards the monastery where the big arcing beam of green light shot out of.

“And by the looks of things I ain’t got a lot of time to spare.” He added before finally getting back onto his feet. Helmet in hand he placed it over his head. “Something tells me you’re here for possibly the same reason.” His voice had a bit more static in it now from the helmet.

Xeykard left the Jedi some space as he led them through the jungle; mostly to keep them far enough that he'd have time to turn and block if they decided following him was no longer in their best interest. Of course, it wasn't in their best interest, but in his experience Jedi would rarely betray another being.

"We are close," he announced, motioning to the tall spire rising to the canopy. Soon enough they reached the steep steps upward to the entrance placed near the structure's peak; whoever had constructed the Shatoon Monastery had clearly enjoyed painful walks up stairs.

Xeykard marched up, still keeping a safe distance between him and the Jedi. Towards the monastery's true entrance sat a squadron of Choir cultists. Xeykard motioned to the Jedi, "They are here for the Elder One."

The Inquisitor then turned to the two. "Careful. This world hangs in the balance." He gestured to the door.

Onderon.jpg

Onderon
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Ally Tag: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard
Baddy Tag: Xeykard Xeykard

"Whether it's a trap or not, we don't really have a choice," Valery agreed before she began to follow after Xeykard, even though it felt wrong. She had once been a fairly extreme Jedi Shadow, so the idea of not taking down Sith who she felt couldn't be redeemed was... difficult. But Valery had this feeling that it was worth following him, and so she did.

At a safe distance, she followed Xeykard and went up the steps toward the entrance of the monastery. Under normal circumstances, she could have perhaps appreciated the view. But right now, all of her focus was on the Sith, just to make sure he wouldn't try anything.

"The Elder one?" Valery asked as she looked between Xeykard and the cultists. "What's going on here exactly?" she then demanded to know. This whole cryptic way of explaining things wasn't going to cut it for her — she needed details, so she could form a plan of action.

"Silas, do you know more about what's happening?"

Servus Dolor

S

pyJc_FA732LxiN7YinIZSDYW4B7S3KdihiOuo6AADJo.jpg

Weapons at the ready, the Cultists approached the Dark Inquisitor or more appropriately the Jedi who followed closely behind him. They uttered no sound, but they moved off to the side after hearing that the pair of light siders were here at their master's request. The monastery doors opened and a giant cultist in heavy armor appeared, flanked by more Choir soldiers, though these ones were cloaked in red and stood above the others. Unlike the footsoldiers, the giant cultist spoke.

"The Elder One is pleased." he began, speaking to the Inquisitor before handing him a chunk of the same red crystal that now grew around the base of the monastery and seemed to be expanding as the Dark Side began to extend its tendrils into the wilderness. Yet this particular chunk was unique, it seemed to radiate raw power and even crackled. To one uninitiated in the Dark Side, it might burn the one who touched it and yet the armored cultist seemed unbothered.

"Channel your rage into it. Use it to crush those who would come to this holy place. The Mandalorians in particular, they must not breach the ritual chamber. Do this, and you will be granted the full rewards our Master offers."

Once the Inquisitor had received his deadly new weapon and departed to revel in battle once more, the lead Cultist looked to the Jedi who remained.

"The Master welcomes you. Come with me, I shall lead you to him."

The Cultist turns and heads back through the monastery doors, the chamber within was in fact an ancient lift made of stone, restored to use by the Cult in order to access the deepest chambers of the temple. In this place, the Dark Side was all but overwhelming, the air far colder than should be possible on Onderon. Not since the days of the ancient Sith Empire had darkness such as this consumed this world, perhaps this time it would be a permanent wound to Onderon, one that not even the Jedi could heal. As the lift descended, one could peer into the various halls of the monastery to find nothing but carnage and darkness. Beasts born of the Dark Side and countless worshipers, yet the remaining monks would not be found on any of the upper floors. At last, reaching the lowest floor, a long hallway stood before the group and the cultists began to walk toward the chamber that lay at its end, the very heart of this darkness. Large stone doors opened when the group reached the end of the hallway and within was the instigator of this chaos.

The Cultitsts remained in the hallway, beckoning the Jedi to enter the chamber, the large stone doors closing behind them once they were inside. Arrayed around the pyramid structure in the center of the temple were the remaining monks, kneeling as several cultists stood behind them, prepared to end their lives. The creature that would decide their fate was at the base of the pyramid, hand resting against the structure as it continues to pour energy into the sky, spreading the corruption of the Dark Side with each passing hour.

"You have come. I must admit I expected you to challenge my forces, but you have made the wise decision to witness this moment firsthand."

Turning to face the Jedi, the twisted visage of the Elder One was on full display. Once a normal man, he had become something dark and utterly broken. A thousand years of torment and darkness had taken their toll. Yet his broken mind had healed and had been utterly focused on a single purpose, one that would see him do anything to achieve it. Raising one of his elongated fingers, he points at the Jedi Master, his gaze focused on her for the time being.

"As I thought. You are the ancient Jedi, one who has awoken to a galaxy of utter chaos. Tell me, have you not seen the failure of the Jedi firsthand? Thousands of years, time enough for the Jedi to wipe out the Sith and yet they remain, a new Empire rises and the cycle continues."

Next, he looked to Padawan, tendrils reaching outward to probe his mind. But his past mattered little, for his future lay before him now, in this place.

"You are of this time, and yet you have seen much Padawan. One day you will see the hypocrisy of the Jedi, see the death that will always follow them so long as they insist on serving the force, the very chains that bind them to failure."

Taking a few steps forward, the Sith approached the Jedi, yet he offered no hint of malice. Instead, he welcomed them into what he considered to be his temple, a place where they might see the truth he has uncovered.

"Little would be gained should we battle here. Only more death and I would not waste either of your lives. In truth, an artifact lay entombed here, one I will need to move to the next step of my design. Sith and Jedi have battled for eons, yet here we may find a common goal. The force has failed us and permitted endless suffering in the pursuit of balance. Aid me, put an end to this cruel game, and usher in a new era where a true God at last graces the galaxy, a galaxy of peace and plenty for all."

He turns slightly, directing their attention to the pyramid that remains shut, its prize still out of the Elder One's grasp.

"Without you, these monks will be sacrificed to open the chamber. Yet with a single drop of blood from either of you, I can access the relic within. One last barrier put in place by the Sith of old, and either of you is capable of breaking it. Then you will understand what I intend to do, and why it needs to be done."

He looks back to the Jedi once again, one final warning for them to consider.

"I have seen what awaits us all after death. Only darkness and endless torture. Let us bring this to an end, allow the dead the silence they so deserve."

Royal High Commander, Ducha of Charubah
Location: Outer Onderon System, Onboard "The Balance of Judgement"
Objective: Looking of signs of a pirate gang's activity. Perhaps open communications with Onderon
Theme Music - "Vortex" by John Carpenter

The Balance of Judgement dropped out of hyperspace with a small patrol fleet of three Nova-class cruisers and two Baidam Corvettes, though they held position just at the edge of the Onderon system. Lady Commander Zhan, the leader of this expedition and the Royal Navy at large, didn't want to cause an international incident if one could be avoided under the circumstances. She walked through the corridors dressed in an admiral's uniform of white and gold, armed with only her vibrorapier and a repeating blaster sidearm, adorned with her Grand Admiral's rank insignia, several service ribbons, and her golden nameplate on her collar. A few minutes after the patrol fleet reverted to realspace, Zhan strode onto the bridge, the white durasteel doors parting with a soft hiss from the actuators.

"Lady Commander on deck!" her adjutant, Major Lyn, announced in Hapan, saluting as the rest of the bridge crew followed suit.

"As you were." Zhan said, saluting back. Once on the command bridge of her shiny new flagship and finally staring out at Onderon's distant sun through the viewport, she ordered, "Give me a sitrep, please."

"My Lady, scanners are showing nil. There is a a residual echo of a Cronau radiation wake, but it's too diffuse to pin down an exact trajectory." said a male ensign sitting at a terminal across from the central tactical hologram on which the ship's omnidirectional long-range and short range sensor readings were displayed in three dimensions; it indicated where the fading radiation reading had been found in real time, but true enough, it was difficult to tell where the ship which left it had gone.

Zhan turned from the viewport and looked at the holo. "Merde!" she swore in Hapan. "Slippery bastards, aren't they?" she added with a smirk crossing her still-young face.

"Monitor communications in this area and raise the Onderonian government. I'm sure they know we're in the system by now... It's not like we're hosting some intergalactic kegger here." she ordered.

"Aye, ma'am." a comms officer replied, setting to work.

Last edited:

Onderon
Objective:
Extract Survivors, Fulfill Client's Requests, Get Paid.
Tags: Cyran Vaas Cyran Vaas , Servus Dolor.

With his finger over the trigger, poised to fire upon the man should he give him any trouble, Samuel watched as the Zeltron would straighten himself. A warrior creed once-valued, now perceived as little more than warmongers and murderers. It was then the individual in question began to speak.

“Smart man.” In a mild comment towards the logic. It was good to see his time would not be wasted with frivolous bickering. Though he bore no direct ill-will towards the individual standing across from him, a tight-schedule led one to be intolerant of delays without good reason.

And as he explained further, the Hunter’s helmet tilted as if to indicate he was listening. Interest of which could be a good or bad thing, from certain perspectives. Individuals fighting to survive in a turbulent galaxy often eschew trust - but when the opportunity presented with no decent reason to refuse other than paranoia, it was only the logical decision. Samuel was no greenhorn, but he knew better than to run headlong into a ritual of this sort all by his lonesome. One always had to take stock of all available assets.

“...Something tells me you’re here for possibly the same reason.”

“...So it would seem.” With a tentative shift, the carbine lowered. Doubtless still, Exel was wary until trust was better earned. But that’d be a day farther along, if at all. His helm tilted to follow the Zeltron’s gaze, with the sickly green light reflected in the visor. The man had been forthcoming with his reason, and it was not a far-fetched one. But for now, “You’re correct. Allies, it is then. 50 and 50.” It was more than reasonable. He hadn’t encountered any other mercenaries in his trail, and it asked for no more than an even split of the profits, with little time to dally.

“We’ve best got a move on, Mandalorian,” Exel would continue, “Don’t need more delays to the timetables of the prisoners. A shield needs power. Can’t be far.” As he would motion along - more than able to keep a close eye on him while broaching their new shared objective. Through more brush, and finally they’d reach their destination of the foot of the Monastery. Perhaps just in time to see the Jedi and Inquisitor enter, if only their vague forms entering inside. They, on the other hand, would have no such luck. Unfortunately, it’d certainly be littered with the Choir’s cultists, and a barred entry for their kind. Yet for not just one, but a pair of experienced mercenaries, it would doubtlessly be handled soon enough.

Last edited:

fourE.png

Objective: Investigate the rumors
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble / Xeykard Xeykard

div1.png
"Silas, do you know more about what's happening?"
"Not entirely, but from the sounds of it we're about to meet their god"

The two Jedi walked up to the doors of the monastery and saw it open to reveal a large figure clad in heavy armor. Silas glared at him coldly as he handed the inquisitor a new weapon to use on their allies, one that was corrupted with the darkside in more ways than one. It was an unusual weapon that would need to be investigated, right now they had more pressing matters to worry about. Giving Valery another unsure look they both followed the brute further into the structure.

Along the way cultists watched their every move, beckoning them to move further. It was clear there was a reason why they were being given safe passage which was worrying to say the least. Whatever the reason was, darkness was sure to be surrounding its result "This place is ripe with the darkside..." Silas muttered openly as they came to the end of the hallway to a large chamber "This may be bigger than we thought Valery" the knight said calmly before slowly entering to finally meet the elder one.

Silas and Valery were led inside, stopping only a short distance away from a man who had their back turned to them. At first, it seemed like a normal man, but when he turned around they were staring into the eyes of something sinister. The young Jedi narrowed his eyes when he spoke to him, totally disbelieving the harsh words he said about the Jedi "You lie, elder one. We the Jedi are the peacemakers the galaxy needs, not a deranged group that only seeks all out destruction in the galaxy." He said back sternly, keeping his true power hidden for them to find out at the right time.

The more the elder spoke it became apparent they were going to be used as tools for higher goals. Silas had already been a victim of such tricks from Kaahlil Kaahlil who used his relationship with Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble to get him into gaining a relic. Since then, he vowed not to be fooled like this again. Thankfully, this instance was obviously something not to be trusted.

"If you think we're going through with your plan then you're terribly mistaken" he grunted, his stare fearlessly looking straight into the eyes of the elder "I doubt you consider peace to be sunshine and rainbows, what I sense is fire and dark clouds hovering over every planet in the system," Silas said sternly, looking to the monks who were still in danger. It was clear they were going to die whatever they did, and with this many cultists, it was going to be incredibly difficult "We may have followed one of your brutes, but it doesn't mean we will go blindly into the deranged plan you have tried to brainwash with"

Even with the disadvantage, they still had to try something.

<"Valery, What's the play here? do we play his game and find a better opportunity or fight through this?">

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom