Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Darkness on Onderon

Servus Dolor

S
Hello There! Thank you for taking the time to look at my little request!

I will attach the overall story details below, but in essence Onderon is again threatened by the Dark Side, more specifically a cult called The Choir of Silence. The Cult is up to no good, specifically destabilizing the Royal Court in order to place a puppet king in power who will serve their true master. For this story, I am specifically looking for do-gooders who seek to restore peace to Onderon and uncover what the Cult is up to. Be you a Jedi or just mercenary with a heart of gold, Onderon is in need to aid and only a small team will be able to save it from utter ruin.

If you are interested, simple post below and if can get a few people on board I will get the story going! I am also open to suggestions as well as any questions you might have!

5kGSRU3.png

Darkness On Onderon
Though the Sith are largely confined to the Outer Rim and continue to battle each other, the Dark Side does not sit idle. Onderon, like many worlds in the galaxy, seeks to remain neutral on the ongoing wars between Dark and Light but there are few who can avoid being drawn into conflict. The ruling Queen has done what she can to ensure her peoples safety but now dark forces threaten her reign. Thousands of years before the Battle of Yavin, the Dark Lord Freedon Nadd added Onderon to his Empire and since then the world has been a bastion for the Dark Side. Long after the Sith Lords death, a distant member of his bloodline has formally challenged the Queen for her throne, claiming Onderon's greatness under the reign of his ancestor would come again if he sat the throne. Few nobles supported him, but that changed with the arrival of the Choir of Silence, a worshippers of the Dark Side who provided the pretender with what he needed to seriously threaten the Queen. Eager to prevent a civil war, the Queen has called for aid, choosing a select few to infiltrate the Cults stronghold and determine why they have suddenly arrived to back the pretender.
df6ik5a-e52c827e-048e-4d0a-884d-8e94628cdec8.png

Objective I: Infiltrate the Stronghold
The Cult has fortified the Shatoon Monastery, deep within the wilderness and far from any prying eyes. They have begun excavation work around and beneath the temple as well as fortified its perimeter. A direct assault on the Monastery would surely end in defeat and be used by the pretender to spark a war. Infiltrate the Stronghold by any means necessary, be it by taking the equipment of the masked cultists or the cover of darkness and thick jungle. Be wary, for the jungles hold many dangerous beasts alongside the cultists.

Once inside, determine what the Cult is preparing for and free the monks who remain alive for they may hold the key to preventing whatever darkness is coming.

df6ik5a-e52c827e-048e-4d0a-884d-8e94628cdec8.png

Objective II: The Elder One
After infiltrating the monastery, descend to its lowest levels and confront the leader of the Cult. Be wary, the Dark Side is strong within the bowels of the temple and the elite of the Choir will be able to detect hidden force users. Battle may be inevitable, but you must do all you can to prevent the Cult's leader from collecting whatever prize he is after. The Pretender to the throne of Onderon will also likely be present, determine just how far he has fallen under the Cults spell and see if he cannot be freed from the grip of the Dark Side.
Tread lightly, for the Darkness may attempt to claim all it can get its claws into.

Servus Dolor

S

Thanks for all the responses so far! I am actually rather surprised I have gotten as many people as I have!

To address a few things, the do-gooders have their objectives but it appears we have some fellow Dark Lords and various other evil-doers who may not be as interested in the whole "Save Onderon" thing so allow me to present two different possible routes for those of you who do not have the peoples best interests at heart!

It's also important that I add one important note: I do not have a set ending for this RP, it will change according to your character's actions. The fate of Onderon is very much in your hands! If you do want to ask a question or suggest something, you can always PM me on-site or on my Discord: DarthE2021#2881

I will give it another day or so before I actually post a starter threat just to give a few extra folks a chance to hop in or for anyone to reach out with questions!

d473b05103a6865bb4fe92612992083d2ee41041.gif

Dark Side I: Chaos and Confusion

While the forces of the light attempt to defeat the rising darkness, there are others who would happily use the chaos to their own advantage. Challenge the cult and those attempting to destroy them and claim power for yourself. While the majority of excavation work lay within the lowest levels of monetary itself, the cult has spent much time collecting artifacts from the ancient empire of Freedon Nadd and will attempt to ship them off-world to strengthen their own power. Destroy all in your path, take what is rightfully yours, or simply slaughter to your heart's content. The Dark Side is strong here, revel in its power and show these fools the true nature of the force.

TLDR: Sith or Dark Siders who want chaos and support neither side can choose this option, use it as an opportunity to go wild and nab some nifty Dark Side artifacts. You may also enter the bowels of the monastery, but you will have to battle the cult and those who come to drive the shadow from Onderon.

BonyLameGalapagosalbatross-size_restricted.gif

Dark Side II: Doom Upon All the World
The Choir of Silence, like so many in the galaxy, are attracted to the power of the Dark Side and the promise of great rewards should they please their master. This applies to other Sith as well, they may not be inclined to show absolute devotion to a master but they will respect great power should they receive something from the bargain. Regardless of one's background, the Cult's master is looking for capable individuals to reinforce his servants and prevent anyone from reaching the inner chambers of the monastery while he continues his work. Serve the Elder One, command the Cult's forces, and challenge anyone who comes to stop the inevitable. You need not be a devotee, but the rewards for your service will be great.

TLDR: This is your choice if you wish to aid in the growing darkness and fight alongside the Cult instead of against it. You can do this for various reasons, but you need not be completely loyal to the Cult itself. Should the Cult succeed, you will be greatly rewarded. But tread lightly, betrayal will leave you without allies and you will have to fight your way out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom