Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Darkened Oasis - TSE Dom of Saleucami

She headed over to the closet and waved her hand, first left, then right.

The doors opened, one and then the other.

"And you thought you could run."

She knelt down and looked at the drowsy-looking twi'lek woman and the sleeping babe in her arms. She gritted her teeth at Ophidia and pushed herself up to an unsteady stance. Her eyes flicked to one side, then the other, looking for an escape and knowing it would be hard to run past the Sith. She held the babe in her arms a little tighter.

"We will never stop running."

Ophidia reached out a hand and took half a step forward, narrowing her eyes.

"There is no running from us. No hiding from our sight, or escaping our reach."

She turned her palm up, as if offering something.

"I can help."

Tuuli Miles Tuuli Miles Vigdis Zambrano Vigdis Zambrano

"I see," she said simply to both teenagers, keeping her expression neutral as they expressed what had brought them to the world and to meet with her. An eyebrow quirked in amusement at... Vigdis's embarrassment from the attention of Miles. Yes, his Red Fangs would be doing good work in clearing out the remaining pirates alongside the Sith Legionaries, and the end results were rapidly approaching. The lava tunnels and former facility would be theirs and then the experiments could begin.

She was curious about who the young girl meant by the former warriors, but she pushed that thought aside for the time being. There would be time to investigate that later.

"I am sure neither of your fathers would want me to send you into battle, nor would I at this point," she stated. "The conflict is nearly done, the planet taken. However, I have found that the pursuit of knowledge can equally lead to valuable service. Unfortunately, with the rumblings of what is coming to Moridinae, I find myself lacking the time at present to teach either of you until that battle is concluded."

There was a brief apologetic look to the young woman.

"However, I do have... a quest or two that might interest the pair of you," she continued, holding her hand out in front of her. A dark mist swirled as she called on the conjurations she had learned from her studies of the Nightsisters and a tome appeared within her hand. A much loved tome by the looks of it as she handed it to Vigdis. "For you, Lady Zambrano, a gift. This was my first spellbook when I joined the One Sith. You'll find it has many of the basic spells and building blocks for Sith sorcery and alchemy within it... including some additions of my own discovery. I expect you will take good care of it and I shall gladly test your knowledge of it when we meet again."

Her attentions shifted to Miles.

"I give you a more direct mission, Tuuli Miles. In the Outer Rime Varada Sector is a moon called Dyspeth, home to a Force group known as the Disciples of Twilight. They are masters of stealth and shadow, and have created several unique usages of the Force. Go study with them, but in return, I would request you both bring me back a tome, datacron, or other recordings of their techniques and traditions. It should be most educational for you both."

"Your words are poison." The twi'lek hissed in return

Ophidia scowled as she turned her hand back and lunged forward, grabbing for her. The twi'lek tried to dart away and run. But as she ran, she found herself spun around and forced to face the ashen woman again or relinquish the treasure in her arms. As she spun around, the twi'lek drew something from inside her robes and stabbed it at Ophidia, adrenaline momentarily outweighing the sedative effect of the gas.

Ophidia responded with half a step back and a twist of her hip, reducing the stab to a bare scrape. The shikkar still cut through Ophidia's robe, drawing a single bead of blood. In response, the Pale flicked her lightsabre out and thumbed the button on. She brought the blade up in a flicking motion as she turned back against the twi'lek, severing the hand that held the shikkar.

"Poison." She winced "That was always your signature."

The twi'lek cried out in pain at her severed hand as the glass blade shattered on the floor. Ophidia seized the chance to press the attack. The twi'lek had forsaken her chance at redemption, now this was simply damage control.

Another flick of her blade, Ophidia cut half-way into the red one's leg, severing muscle and tendons with a hiss and furious crack. She then pushed to bring her opponent off balance. Her head was growing fuzzy as well as the poisoned wound of the shikkar began to cloud her mind. She needed to finish this quickly.

She needed an antidote.

Darth Wyyrlok XXIV

D
Objective: Negotiate the surrender

Wyyrlok watched each constituent of Saleucami closely, his looming presence setting all of them on edge as they hemmed back and forth with the Imperial delegation about Saleucami's official surrender and acceptance into the Sith Empire. The terms were pretty simple, Saleucami would hand over any military equipment they had on hand and would be subjected to a permanent Imperial garrison, as what happened to most worlds that joined the Empire. Their populace would be spared the harshness of what befell those that resisted the Empire, but they would be closely monitored. The leaders would be spared as long as they publically declared their loyalty to the Empire and renounced their brief resistance, though many of them would be forced to resign from their government positions and retire to civilian life.
Undoubtedly, the presence of the Sith Lord at their back made their acquiescence to the Empire's demands all but assured. Still, the Empire's demands were fairer than what many of them expected, and they were willing to put their careers on the chopping block to save their own neck and that of their people. When the signatories were made on the drafted flimsiplast treaty Wyyrlok gave it a thorough look, reading it several times over to ensure that everything was in accordance with the Emperor's wishes. Satisfied, he returned the document and declared;
"The Empire appreciates your cooperation, may the Emperor's prosperity grace your people for a thousand years."

The twi'lek fell to her back, arms coming up instinctually to save the child in her arms. That instinct to protect outmatched even the pain of her severed limb and blocked out the realisation that Ophidia was not going to give her a moment's respite. For as soon as the mother had checked on her child and looked at where Ophidia had stood, there was nothing there

Then, a sharp pain in the mother's abdomen.

Ophidia let the cloak of shadows vane a bit as she broke off the shikkar blade that protruded from her sleeve, then punched the wound to break it further apart. The mother grit her teeth against the pain, then finally cried out as the devoranian poison inside the crystalline blade infected her blood. Her body fell into a fit of cramps and spasms as the poison spread further. Her eyes locked on the child in her arms, which had started to cry. She tried to console it, but to no avail, she could not speak, she could barely breathe, her heart- her heart

Ophidia stood up unsteadily, pulling the babe from the mother's arms and hushing it.

"You could have been great." The Sith Lord smiled through her pain "Now, I suppose he will take your place." "Darth Darja the Second."

Ophidia supported herself as she headed for the door, finally turning her attention to repairing the damage caused by the poison in her veins. It would take some time, and perhaps some assistance. Some time in stasis may be necessary.

"I will raise him in your image."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom