Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Dark Omens

hangar.png

Temple Hangar
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Blasters | Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Amani Serys Amani Serys

"Alright, I've got everything ready," Valery said before she turned away from the shuttle to look at Amani. She had already said goodbye to Vera and the other kids for now, so it was time to head out. Sith activity had been increasing not just around the Stygian Caldera, but within the Tingel Arm as well. Various emergency calls had been transmitted, signals were blaring and enemy convoys had been spotted. There was too much for any Jedi to respond to alone, but Valery hoped to understand more about what was happening.

She just wasn't going to look into it alone.

It had been a little while since she had last gone on a mission just with Amani, but whenever they did, she felt they made a great team. Which... wasn't just because Amani had saved her life on numerous occasions with her skills as a Healer — the Mirialan was her closest friend, and that connection meant something in battle, or whatever else they'd encounter on a mission too.

"It has been a while huh? Everything uh, going well at home?" she asked out of genuine curiosity, but there was a little more to it. Not long ago, she had gone on a mission with Alicio Organa Alicio Organa and quite the conversation had sparked about his use of the cold. Valery was wondering if Amani had picked up on any of that, and if it'd create any tension between them or not.

Hangar - Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Valery Noble Valery Noble

The galaxy was ever on the precipice of chaos. No matter how calm things seemed in one corner of the spiral, pandemonium would be flaring up in the other. The threat of war against the galaxy's largest superpower didn't exactly help matters. Mandalorians and Sith alike were chomping at the bit to steal their pound of flesh. A Jedi's work never truly ended.

But today wasn't just a job for one Jedi. Whoever had the misfortune of earning the Order's attention today, would see that misfortune doubled, when met by the combined force of Councilors Valery Noble and Amani Serys. In spite of the latter's peaceful predilections, even she couldn't help but smirk at the idea of teaming up with her old fired to bust some bad guys.

If anyone had earned a painful reminder, it was, and always would be, the Sith.

"It has," Amani concurred, checking her gear one final time before their departure. She looked up at Valery, seemingly not registering the double-meaning of her otherwise innocuous question, "Um— Good! Things have been a bit more quiet at home lately, which is nice. We took a few trips to Tython and Balmorra; Our homeworlds." The healer smiled flatly and nodded, before swinging a pack over her shoulder, "How about with you? Anything exciting?"

hangar.png

Temple Hangar
div-orange.png
Weapons:

"That's very good to hear," Valery said with a genuine, warm smile but she still couldn't entirely keep the worry from her voice. As good as she was at confronting the enemy head-on like a true Sword, she wasn't the best at confrontation with friends. For most of her life, she had been forced to emotionally distance herself from people, and even after a decade of being married and having children, the 30 years of having no extremely close bonds was still a part of her.

Confronting Alicio about his use of the cold had brought more stress than entire Sith armies.

"I hope the trips were good, too!" she said as she perked up, realizing she had been drawn into her own mind a little too long. "Did the kids enjoy it? Or was it some alone time with Alicio?" She smirked and grabbed her backpack to start heading into the shuttle. She lazily dropped it off somewhere in the cockpit and plopped down into the pilot seat unless Amani was going to demand flying, of course.

"My husband and I took a cruise to celebrate our 10-year wedding anniversary. It was really nice but it's crazy how time flies. The kids are all doing great, too." She smiled much warmer now that she talked about something more comfortable to her.

Hangar - Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Valery Noble Valery Noble

Amani picked up on the hint of worry, but spoke nothing of it. Deep inside, she might have even understood where Valery's concern might have stemmed from, but was herself too hesitant to confront it.

They both opted to head for the ship, and focus on brighter ideas. Amani perked up as well, "They were. Very… cathartic, I suppose," The experiences had brought some closure for both of them, confronting their pasts. She smirked sheepishly at Val's concept, "A bit of both…" The mirialan sat down in the copilot chair, far from an eager sailor herself.

"10 years huh? Congrats," Amani smiled. It was a major milestone. She and Alicio were still years away from a decade, but the fact that the Nobles were already there was a testament to just how fast time went by, "It really does. I'm glad to hear it though. Can't ask for anything better."

Amani settled into her seat, and sighed. After a few moments passed, she got to business, "So what's the rundown on this? Sith activity, I know. I'm asking for your take," Not just the debrief. She understood that well enough.

hangar.png

Temple Hangar
div-orange.png
Weapons:

"Sounds like it was a lot more than just vacation." Valery looked at Amani and smiled. She had taken trips with her family to various important places, for a variety of reasons. From visiting her homeworld, to going back to where important moments in her life had taken place. It was always relaxing and good on the soul to look at those things with a new perspective, and it seemed it had helped Amani in similar fashion.

"Thank you, it has really meant a lot to me. I grew up feeling like I'd always have to suppress how I really felt, so reaching those milestones was... nice." She chuckled and shook her head a little at how she described it. But much like Amani, she didn't want to linger on it for too long — there would be time for tea and conversation after the mission.

They had some Sith to deal with.

"My take is escalation. We've engaged them during the refugee crisis near Korriban, then some interfered on Thule. Both times the conflict was minimal in terms of scale, but they're building up to something. I... don't think the Sith are going to sit quiet in this region of space for much longer."

She turned to her friend with a frown, "That's why we should stay on top of it. We don't want a multi-front war again."

Last edited:
"It was," Amani said knowingly.

"I was the same way. My padawan years were very… traditional. Admittedly of my own volition as much as anyone else's," The mirialan shrugged. She was inspired by the Jedi stories of old, and had ingrained within herself the concept of an "ideal Jedi" being one who was detached from their emotions. It only compartmentalized those feelings, until they were too much for her young mind to handle. Since then, Amani had become decidedly more lax in her interpretations of the Jedi oath, "I much prefer the way things are now." She smirked.

Valery theorized about the machinations of the Sith they were about to face. A few small conflicts had risen up since the war, but at large the dark side had remained suspiciously dormant, "They never do." There was always another plot, another scheme. They would just lie down quietly. There was a more sinister reason at play, "Better to stamp it out now. Before it's too big to handle."

Amani sighed and leaned back in her chair. A reminder of the war they were already facing only made it all the more necessary, "…What do you make of this war? With the Mandalorians," She looked over at Valery, "Was there no other way?" Deep down, Amani didn't think there was. Not with the Enclave's aggressive conquest. But there would always be a part of her that hoped she was wrong.

hangar.png

Temple Hangar
div-orange.png
Weapons:

Valery met her friend's smirk with her own, "I sure do as well. These last 10 years have felt a lot better than the 30 before it." She chuckled a little, especially at the thought of how her old Jedi brothers and sisters would think about it all. Back then, she would have been exiled for having a family.

If only they knew just how much it has helped her as a Jedi.

Amani agreed that the Sith weren't going to be quiet for much longer, and Valery appreciated that about her. Too many didn't share this realistic view of the Sith, no matter how many wars started with them rising from the shadows. It was sickening to her that all these politicians were so against the Jedi whenever they wanted to interfere with the Sith again. "A part of me worries that it's already too late. But at least, what happened with the Maw won't be repeated."

"We're going to do what's necessary to make sure Sith never set foot on our worlds again."

But the Sith weren't the only source of headaches at the moment, and Amani had been just as involved as Valery handling the Mandalorians and their escalating war path. "When it all started, I was desperately hoping for there to be another way. During the last war, I felt like I had created a bond with the Mandalorians that could secure peace for years to come. I helped them protect their own homes, both against the Maw, and when that plague spread within their territories. But... no, there is no other way."

"The Mandalorians only really understand one language, I'm afraid."

Amani similarly appreciated Valery's candid perspective on the Sith. Time after time, history showed that the Sith desired nothing but conflict, power, and subjugation. There was no righteous outcome that led to coexistence, because by their very nature the dark side would not tolerate it. And ultimately it was the duty of the Jedi to be the watchmen against any further Sith activity.

Valery started a similar mindset with the Mandalorians, even if she wished it could be different. Amani nodded, accepting her answer, "…You're right. I've wanted to believe differently, but, everything I've seen tells me that's foolish."

"The truth is the Mandalorians are more like the Sith than either us or them like to admit. Their entire philosophy ultimately boils down to violence. And without someone like the Maw to focus their warmongering on, it inevitably turns on to the innocent."
Amani shook her head, but then her expression steeled, "We can't foster that anymore. Or ever again."

Shuttle
div-orange.png
Weapons:

"I'm afraid you're right," Valery said, and she clearly didn't like that it was this way. "During the war with the Maw, I got to know some of them better, and they felt so... different." She sighed and looked at her friend with a more pained expression. "Maybe I just didn't see the whole picture back then. And I've always known that their culture breeds violence, but not every Mandalorian leans into it the same way. We even have some that are now fighting for the Alliance."

She paused for a moment and drew in another small breath, "There was one I even considered a sister, and... I killed her. She had told me that she wasn't supportive of their crusade before Ryloth, and that she'd talk to some Mandalorians there as a former War Leader herself. I actually let myself believe she could make a difference. Can you believe that?" She shook her head at how foolish she had been. "When I saw her on Ryloth again, it was like she had changed completely."

"Until her final few moments, when I saw the woman who I befriended again in her dying eyes."
Valery paused and spent a few moments in quiet thoughts with her eyes on the ground.

"You're right, Amani. We can't let it happen again."

Amani listened stoically, a frown only revealing itself at the end. Valery had a bond that verged on sisterhood with a Mandalorian, and still it wasn't enough to sway. Their ultimate devotion was to their creed, and their creed demanded war. "My first encounter with Mandalorians was when a group of them raided a medical relief camp," She said after a long silence, "I had just delivered a baby. First one ever. They came and killed indiscriminately. Just to pillage supplies. They didn't care who got hurt. They liked it." A dry smirk touched her lips, "I guess you could say my perception of them was tainted from the start."

"But I met others since. Others who didn't let their creed give way to blind fanaticism. Who actually directed their ways toward a greater good."
Amani shook her head, "And now this. Just when I was warming up to 'em." A few more moments passed, and she blinked, "Sorry you had to go through all that. I can only imagine how much harder it is, having a connection like that."

Shuttle
div-orange.png
Weapons:

Valery's frown only deepened when Amani told her about her own first experience with the Mandalorians. For them to raid all these worlds and target most of their efforts against the defending militaries was one thing, and terrible on its own. But for them to slaughter defenseless people, children, and find joy in it...

There was nothing more infuriating to her than that.

"It hurts a lot but..." she sighed and looked up at Amani, "I'm starting to feel like it was just inevitable. There are Mandalorians who I can respect, even now, but it just seems like they're a tiny minority at this point. The new generation of Mandalorians is almost excited for what they're doing now."

Her hands clenched into fists and she drew in a deep breath to push herself through lingering emotions, "It might take me longer to adjust than others, but I'm not going to let them get away with this."

"Sometimes I hate being proven right," Amani mused. Valery was recognizing the inevitability of it all herself. It was who the Mandalorians were. A warrior culture that encouraged conflict. There was no higher honor to them than proving themselves in combat. What greater challenge now than to face the Alliance?

"It might take me longer to adjust than others, but I'm not going to let them get away with this."

"Might help to work through that anger," Amani smirked, "With that in mind… How far out are we from these Sith?" Fighting bad guys was a healthy expression of emotions, right?

Shuttle
div-orange.png
Weapons:

Valery smirked at Amani's comment and rolled her eyes a little, "Yeah, well, a part of me still hopes that they'll prove us wrong in the end. That those opposing the crusade will prevail. But... that's my idealistic side." Her more realistic side knew that this was going to be another long, bloody war that would cost countless lives. She was going to be ready for it, and she was going to do everything in her power to help others be ready for it.

"Might help to work through that anger,"

"You know..." Valery blinked then shook her head with a chuckle, "Maybe this mission is exactly what I needed, hm?" She flashed her friend a grin and turned to look at the navigational computer. They were already within the Tingel Arm, so what remained was for them to pick out a target.

"I'm picking up a lot of signals around Telos IV, and some match the Sith signals our intelligence reports have mentioned. The planet is along a Hyperlane that runs close to the Stygian Caldera. So... good place for the Sith to set something up, don't you think?"

"Hope for the best," Amani began the old adage, "Prepare for the worst." The Mandalorians weren't going to give them any quarter. This was about conquest to them, and if anything they'd probably view the Alliance as the traitors in this conflict. Bad blood had already been spilled.

For now though, the Jedi had to juggle a second rising threat with the war. Just one of many reasons to get this job done with quickly. Valery pointed to Telos IV as their likeliest target, "It does. Maybe a launching pad for a larger operation outside the Caldera?" Whatever it was, it was bad news. Amani smirked, and nodded, "Let's go knock some sense into 'em."

Shuttle
div-orange.png
Weapons:

Valery nodded, "That's quite possible — it's the ideal location for it. In addition, Telos IV has a lot of ancient Jedi History as well. An Academy and repository for artifacts was hidden on the planet. So maybe they're hoping to still find something." She shrugged her shoulders and focused on bringing them down towards the surface. Whatever it was they'd run into down there, the two of them were going to discover their plans and stop it.

The shuttle soon dropped from Hyperspace, and without wasting any time, she proceeded down towards the surface. The planet hadn't been taken over, so the usual clearance with the spaceport occurred, before they settled down inside the Hangar.

"I figured we shouldn't let people know we're here until we have to." Reaching for some robes, Valery put them on around her outfit to hide who she was, and of course, to hide her lightsabers.

"You ready? My first location is somewhere close here, in the industrial sector."

"Wouldn't surprise me."

Some long lost Jedi knowledge and a forward operating base in one? It's a surprise the Sith hadn't started worming their way into Telos sooner. Whatever they were really looking for, it was always bound to be trouble. Val suggested keeping it on the downlow unless otherwise necessary. Amani nodded, "Sure," She threw on a shawl to obfuscate her Jedi nature, and followed Val out of the ship, "Ready. Let's not waste any time."

"How many points of interest are we looking at?"

Shuttle
div-orange.png
Weapons:

"Sometimes I wish a shawl was all it took for me to be incognito," Valery joked with a smirk. But even a coat wasn't really too effective for her in dangerous areas. Orange eyes and a huge facial scar were fairly recognizable features. Especially for Sith, who more than likely knew who she was.

She had been a thorn in their asses for many years now.

"I have at least three locations, but I doubt we'll get to the third. Once we start some trouble, I have a feeling they'll be coming to us." Which just made their jobs easier, really. From there, it was just a matter of exposing whatever operation they were running here, and perhaps bring necessary reinforcements to address them.

Soon enough, the two Jedi entered the densely crowded industrial sector, which even housed a small market that drew in tons of civilians. Larger factories were further back, but plenty of depots, offices and smaller companies were all around them. Their target amidst all of this was a storage depot — Valery had marked it on their shared map.

"My guess is that they're storing weapons or supplies here, maybe both. We should try to find a way inside, and bypass the guards if we can."

Amani shot Valery an amusedly incredulous look, "You realize you're talking to an Organa countess right?" It was a miracle they made it anywhere these days without being constantly dogged by onlookers and the press. The mirialan flipped up the hood on her shawl to accentuate her disguise. She did at least have the advantage of less distiguishing features.

"Easier for us, I guess," Amani voiced the shared thought aloud. Word would get around about the disruptions to their operations, inevitably brining the enemy to them. Expecting as much beforehand was all Amani need to feel prepared.

They eventually found their way into the industrial sector: their first target's location. Amani looked around at the crowded district for the depot, "Can't you like, phase through walls? Find a quiet spot to sneak in maybe, and let me in from the inside?" It depended on how much security was crawling around. But Valery could likely handle it.

Shuttle
div-orange.png
Weapons:

"Right, I'm sorry princess," Valery teased with a shit-eating grin. "I'll make sure nobody can see you~" She waggled her fingers and turned around to start heading towards their first target. The industrial sector was luckily crowded enough that the two didn't stand out at all, but she knew that was going to be different the second they approached the depot. A patrol was guarding the perimeter outside, and if they were up to no good in there, she knew the security inside would be far heavier.

"I could, but we'd be splitting up and you have to still get around or deal with the patrol outside," Valery said, but she did agree that it was probably their best bet.

Any other way inside would surely draw more attention.

"Alright, I'll be right back," Valery then said, before she began to move around the Depot to find a good place to enter. But as she did, Amani would find herself confronted by the problem outside — the patrol was coming back around to her side of the building.

"I'll manage," Amani replied with a cocky smirk. It would be a bit of a challenge to confront the patrol without drawing attention. But she had an idea for how to make it work. Thankfully, the crowds were at enough of a distance that it wouldn't arouse any extra suspicion.

Valery split off to go find a place for infiltration, officially leaving Amani on her own. The shuffling of the patrol around the corner put her on alert. Time to get to work. She posted up by the wall, and simply waited. When the guard duo walked around and saw her, she immediately waved her hand, "This is a routine inspection, trooper. Carry on as if I'm not here."

There was a tense pause, before finally one of them replied, "This is a routine inspection. We'll carry on as if you're not here." Both had fallen under her mind trick, and Amani's shoulders slacked in relief. It was a bold strategy, but she trusted herself enough to make it work. And if it hadn't she had a backup plan. But this would keep things moving without arousing any more suspicion. No missing guards, no missed comm calls. It would at least make the first part of this mission easier. Now she just had to wait for an opportunity from Valery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom