Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dark Forces

Could a dark discovery change the tide of the war?

WITH: [member="Ember Farseer"]
OBJECTIVE: Track lost Jedi Knight Jag Finn

[youtube]https://youtu.be/N9ObQtpmEVk[/youtube]

BFNOY2T.jpg
Solid ground.

A single step was enough to carry her off the platform and on to solid durasteel plating. She latched onto her hair, pulling it back in hopes to stall it's frantic dance in the gusts of wind. She proceeded forward a few steps before stopping entirely.

A pivot would allowed for the flexible motion of her body to turn and look for Ember. The crackling boom in the background put on by the electrical storm produced and eerie feeling over an already large and dilapidated structure.

She waited to match his pace before anything else, "I already sent our coordinates to [member="Coren Starchaser"] just as a precaution. I know we won't be able to transmit anything while we're down here." She spoke, darting around as she observed their current environment.

The last emergency transmission they received came from this system. On further observation it was assumed the mass shadow signature likely pulled Finn from hyperspace. Common to those phenomenon, was collision with astroids. A scan proved tricky...but between them both they were able to conclude that the gravity well pulled things here and the signal itself had been coming from this location as well.

Getting back would be tricky, but if anyone could fly through she figured Coren could; though that was only just in case. She did still have her emergency beacon on her person too...

She followed the path leading towards the structure, absorbing the view of burn marks and discarded metal strips...she surmised this place had seen a lot.

"Just what is or was this place?" She mused, "I don't remember seeing anything on record of a structure in this system."

The path ahead of them started to grow smaller, angling inward as it went on; it was leading to exactly one spot. On both sides of them were large pillars that cut the sporadic light from the electrical storm in half.

The door had already been opened...

She looked towards the terminal on the side, it seemed as if it hadn't been activated in years really. The warm and old air from within called out to the pair, the maw of empty darkness staring them in the face.

Nostrils flaring...

"Alright. Lets check it out..."

Ember scanned around as he stepped off the ramp of the ship. Sounds of the thunder cracking open the skies and shaking the metal ground beneath them. In between the roaring thunder booms, there was an eerie deaf silence that spoke louder than words - they were not welcome here.

Wherever here was.

"I already sent our coordinates to Coren Starchaser just as a precaution. I know we won't be able to transmit anything while we're down here."

"Good thinking." He nodded at Romi and easily sensed that she shared somewhat his impression of the place. The blonde and Ember hadn't really interacted very much before, he realized. The two Jedi just never really seemed to end up meeting outside of a mess - first Coruscant, then the prison break from the Citadel, the Sithspawn threat on Manas and now this - tracking Jag Finn, a Jedi Knight of the Praxeum whose last distress call was from here.

"I wish I could tell you but this is further than I have ever been in Wild Space." Ember mustered a reply as he followed her towards the entrance of the mysterious structure. "Sure is old."

The two halted at the open entrance of the place, he locked eyes with her reassuringly before they would step inside.

"What exactly was Jag looking for out in Wild Space, did you ever find out?"

[member="Romi Jade"]

Ember Farseer said:
"Good thinking."

She nodded, "Well I'd say we're on the same page..." heaving a single breath at her conclusion. Her eyes hadn't settled in any one place as they proceeded down the catwalk. Shifting most of her weight towards her left leg, it was a natural motion for her to attach her hand to her hip as well. She'd casually glance over to Ember after absorbing the humid air resonating from inside.

Just a foot or two away from him, she began the slow trek through the dark corridor. Walking until she hit the edge of where the light from outside stopped, she cracked a glowstick against her knee and allowed it to flood through and illuminate the path. In its color, it'd shone reflected highlights that worked in tandem with her hair.

"There wasn't much detail in what I could find. Seemed like some sort of scouting mission from what was laid out." She mused while pacing along. "Though what he was looking for wasn't specified."

She'd squint to try and make out what appeared in a blur to her, really it seemed as though the path dropped off. On closer inspection, her next step had no solid surface to collide with, going a bit further than she hoped; it was a staircase. When her foot did make contact, she turned to Ember "Careful...watch your step."

And she promptly began the descent. "I'm just really curious to find out what this place is...or was."

[member="Ember Farseer"]

Just as his eyes had adjusted to the enveloping darkness Romi snapped a glowstick making him squint for a few moments before following logically suit. She cautiously moved in the unknown territory of the structure and Ember noted her experience in exploring new and dangerous places like this one. As an explorer seeking various artifacts and sources of knowledge throughout most of his life, Ember found similarity with the other Jedi.

"Interesting." He mused at the newfound information, or more precisely - the lack of information. Of course, there was no reporting formality or protocols or other bureaucratic procedures in the Praxeum but usually Jedi tended to share with fellow Jedi before they undertook something like whatever Jag did. It was common behavior. A twitch of fear crossed his spine as he thought of the possible answers to what Jag went out to look for. The Dark Side? He shook his head. Ember had to remain focused on their task right now, he could not base his thoughts on assumptions. Hope rekindled within him burning away the dreadful thoughts. Even with his below par abilities in sense, Romi's light side aura cleansed him.

"It reminds me of..." The Jedi scanned around the walls which seemed to suffocate him the more he focused on them. A long buried memory of his childhood passed through his mind- "a slave ship." Someone once told him all conclusions and assumptions were subjective. All based on one's personal experience. Everything was filtered through one's prism that shaped the image to its own liking. He felt this wasn't any different. "As curious I am about this place, too, we need to focus on why we are out here first." Ember noted calmly.

A sound similar to a pin dropping in complete silence echoed from below nearly startling him and making him halt. Instinctively, his hand had moved towards his saber's hilt.

With every single step they would take down the spiral, the suffocating feeling of the stories the walls had seen would tighten.

The moment the echo dissipated, the step beneath Romi shook wildly and fell. Ember's eyes widened for a moment but the Force acted quicker than his mind as his hand grappled her backwards toward him trying to prevent her from a sudden fall into nothingness.

[member="Romi Jade"]

"Mmm, yeah that's pretty close to what I was thinking...probably way closer." She agreed, this place gave off a suffocating aura that...there was just a subtle sense of dread vibrating throughout; one would feel trapped. "Right" she followed through with a few more steps forward.

Sigh

"Well...if Jag did get yanked from Hyperspace and caught down here, it'd make sense he'd search for some sort of way to get a transmission going. Maybe we should be looking for some sort of communications room or tower?"

Her next step would be the one to bring about slight shock, when the tiling gave her immediate reaction was to pull back. A slight gasp of air was enough to sound that she was startled, but it was the help of Ember that made the transition smooth. She stumbled back a few steps before regaining her balance in full.

Ugh...it was literally the only sound she could produce before glancing over, "Thanks." Her gratitude was subsequently followed up with a warm smile.

Towards the end of the spiral, the last few steps were gone. The only way down? Romi bent at the knee slightly and propelled herself up and forward. Upon contact, she wasted no time scouring the place with the eye of her glowstick before giving a safe signal to Ember. "Looks good..."

Proceeding down the corridor, she noticed a terminal off to the side. "I know the one we saw earlier didn't look like much but..." She came to a stop, "Maybe we can boot this one up and download the schematics?"

It'd at least help them discern where they were going and just how big the place was. With them, they could probably pinpoint where in the facility the signal was being broadcast from.

[member="Ember Farseer"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom