Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dantooine Down-Under

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
It was your average warm day on the Sith controlled world of Datooine, a light breeze that could barley be felt on ones skin brushed through the large plains of grass. A light morning dew scattered across the green natural carpet that blanketed the world, dampening the ground ever so slightly. For far as the eye's could see nothing only nature taking it's due course, well not anymore that is, the remnant of a community, but a few miles away from what was the Jedi enclave

Ash, ash everywhere, the never changing enviroment on her home plant keeping what was left of her village in a constant state of destruction. The hills and mountain like ridges in the distance preventing much wind only lightly scattering the remains of the small farming town. Even if it did though the large crater from that bomb would still bear witness to this places destruction, on the edge of the artificial hole a woman sat, in a Sezia style pose, eye open, observing the carnage.

"Why.... what was the point? what did they gain from this? it makes no sense, they couldn't have been looking for something could they? The bomb would have destroyed it... where is the closure, the motive"? Her mind was racing with confusion sadness and a little bit of anger, the whole attack, everything it never had clear direction, was it just for fun? to prove a point? or was there some item of value that 'was' here but now isn't. "What would mother do in this situation"?

@Adrian Vandiir

Alone on the vast plains of Dantooine, a lone figure stood amongst the gently waving grass, his vibrorapier coming to a sudden halt at the end of his practice form. As he stood there, panting slightly from the exertion, he indulged in the sense of contentment at having finished his weekly swordsmanship exercise. Black robes billowing slightly, almost, but not quite, in harmony with the grass beneath, he turned towards his speeder bike, the black civilian model, its sleek form built for speed, looking distinctly out of place in the tranquil environment that surrounded him.

Humming contently, he turned it towards the Jedi enclave that he could barely see on the horizon, it's ruined form an irresistible treat for his curious mind. Accelerating slowly at first, he basked in the feeling of the wind against his face but was eventually forced to raise the inbuilt windshield as his speeder bike accelerated to speeds that most would consider thoroughly irresponsible, even in an environment such as this, but to the young Corellian, it was all part of the fun. As he zipped across the otherwise quiet plains, rodents and other small animals scattering in his wake, he allowed himself to fantasise about what he might find, though deep down he knew the ruins had likely already been thoroughly looted.

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

The silence continued for some time, not animals, nothing but the whooshing sounds of wind lightly touching one’s ears, it was peaceful, the world even under Sith rule still retained its calm feel, even if the small darkness emanating from the capital city could be felt. Though what was to be expected, the Sith Empire did not seem very interested in this place, probably could not care less, just a stopover for their true goals of Korriban and the conquest of the Dominion and old Silver Jedi planets.

Suddenly her almost meditative trance was broken, a light drone of a speeder bike echoing through the plains, going quite fast if her ears were correct, Sukai's vampic heightened senses being able to pick up on the pitch better than a regular human. "A speeder, one, so not a Sith patrol, but I can feel a dark signature... perhaps a student on a task of some sort? why out here not much left at the enclave that one would consider valuable". Besides Dantooine had been under Sith control for almost 4 years, anything that the Sith could attain from the ruins they already had, anything else only of value to Jedi, but this did raise a point, if a student or lone Sith was headed their had the Empire pulled troops away from guarding it?

Perhaps, with more pressing matters and the fact most though not enemy of the empire could get here it was mostly left defenceless, just like the rest of the planet, "this could be interesting, but is it worth it". The last time she entered a ruin with a Sith within it Sukai almost lost a left eye, but now she was stronger, smarter and wore armour, "well not much else to do around here, may as well check it out". Standing up the young Jin began the short trek towards the remains of the enclave, not really bothering to hide her force presence, again the planet not being much worth to the Sith and this point in time.

[member="Adrian Vandiir"]

As his speeder bike rapidly approached the ruins, the young Sith started to feel a faint presence coming from the ruins, or so he thought. "Remnants of long-term Jedi habitation, perhaps?" At this point, he had grown used to the oppressive thrumming of raw power that pervaded Sith temples, but this felt... different. "More of a tingling sensation, really. Strange." Leaving his speeder a few dozen metres away, he walked through a large hole in what had once been the walls surrounding the complex.

Once it had likely been a majestic sight to behold, but at the moment it was in shambles. Four years of Sith rule had not been kind to the structures, but they appeared to still be structurally sound, with the exception of some collapsed sections. As he climbed over the rubble lying in the entryway to the central structure, he attempted to extend his senses throughout the complex, but having still not gotten used to the alien sensation of the light side, he quickly gave up. After a short while of strolling through empty halls and getting used to the "interference" of the Light Side, he came upon what had once been the central courtyard of the complex; already plants had started growing through the cracks in the shattered stone, though it was still easily possible to imagine how the layout must have been before the Enclave was devastated by his fellow Sith.

"This is as good a place as any, I suppose." He muttered to himself, taking a seat in the middle of the courtyard and closing his eyes in meditation. As he focused on allowing the strange sensation to pass around him rather than through him, the tingling sensation started fading, and he was finally able to extend his senses outward. Sweeping through the long-abandoned hallways, the debris-filled halls, the... his eyes snapped open. "Chit. Not so abandoned after all."

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Sukai's robes swayed in the wind slightly as she came closer to the Enclave, a speeder resting to the side, a single seat. Walking closer she slid her hand against its engine, still warm to the touch, "they are close, why come here? there are many places to go besides this ruin". Question to ask later, first she would have to meet this Sith, whether they would be the talking type of the combat type remained to be seen but Sukai's grey force presence and array of 3 light sabres clasped to her belt, that of a Sith, on seeming to be a Jedi and a sabre staff with not real origin. From any onlooker that did not know who she was Sukai could be mistake for anything, quite often people assuming she was a force user hunter of sorts that carried her sabers as a trophy of sorts.

Continuing through the empty halls her black Yukata styled robes brushed against the stone work, Sukai having her hands neatly placed inside each of it's opposite sleeve, the dark presence in the Ecnlave still emanating from the main courtyard, it felt like they were meditating. Why a Sith would meditate in a place still pulsating with the light side was beyond her, such action could very well lead to punishment and even death if this persons master ever found out. It just made Sukai even more curious about this individual, the small thump of her feet against floor slowing increasing, bit by bit the Jin making her way deeper into the ruins, finally coming to the courtyard the woman's blue gaze falling upon a darkly cloaked man sitting in the middle.

Adrian had always been a bit reckless. From that time he nearly got killed venturing into the deserts of Corellia on a bet, to his rather foolhardy attempt at infiltrating a Hutt Palace before he'd even been properly trained in the force, and now... this. He hadn't thought he'd meet anyone, of course. He had just wanted to take a look around, maybe see if he could scrounge up something left behind by the Jedi, something his fellow Sith had missed when they sacked the Enclave. He honestly didn't know what he had hoped to find; some ancient texts? Relics of times long passed? Perhaps even a holocron? He had always subscribed to the notion of knowing one's enemy, even before he became a Sith, but in truth, it was more than that; he was curious. Intensely curious. When it came to knowledge, especially knowledge relating to the Force, he'd never been able to leave a single stone untouched.

As his dark blue eyes snapped open, he knew exactly where to look, spinning as he rose, his black robes with its slight purple trim whirling around his lanky form. The hilt of his vibrorapier* poking out over his shoulder, flanking his short and messy black hair. A slight glint could be seen from his left wrist, hinting at the presence of the wrist link kept mostly hidden by his sleeve. Attached to a black leather utility belt could be seen various pouches and gadgets, what looked like a standard issue Sith-Imperial sidearm holstered on his right hip.

As his startled gaze fell upon the black-robed figure, he struggled to identify what exactly she was. She didn't feel like the Sith, but neither did she feel like the disturbingly light-sided presence that pervaded this place. As his gaze fell upon the lightsabers at her waist he just couldn't help himself: "What do you need three lightsabers for? Do you get disarmed often?"

(OOC (*): Vibroblade but thinner and slightly longer; according to Wookiepedia they are silent to most humanoid life due to some shifting of soundwaves or whatever, unlike most vibroweapons.)
[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Sukai stood still and slightly proud as the Sith whipped around to face her, his bark clothing and ironically blue eyes coming to bear on herself, seemed the two hand something in common after all, but looks where but a scratch of who a person truly was. From where she stood Sukai noted the mans rapier, the longer slender anti-armor like weapon along with the blaster making it clear this man knew how to fight, but was more an elegant one, perhaps of noble birth, or just a practitioner of the dueling arts.

At the mans comment she brought a finger to her mouth, head tilted back a little as Sukai thought about the question, knowing it was rhetorical but actually thinking about it for a good moment. "hmm, nope, never have I been disarmed in combat, but it does not help to have spare on hand, but I wear these for more then back ups, sentimental value and other things just being one of them, though I can see you yourself carry more then one weapon". It begged the question, how many fights had this man been in? who had felt the wrath of that fine sharp blade, or been at the end of his side arm? A few maybe more, who knew, the man did not look much older then herself, though unlike Sukai his complex was clear, no visible signs of battle on many parts of his body, unlike the Jin who bore quite a few scars.

"Tell me though, what has a Sith come here, to a former place of light? what do you hope to find here, not dabbling in the light side are you? such could result in quite a painful death by you master".

Having scanned his surroundings when he first entered the courtyard he was fairly certain he'd be able to make the jump to the roof if he really had to, even if it was definitely at the outer limits of what he could accomplish. But then again, he might not have to: She hadn't pulled a lightsaber on him yet, which, to be honest, was better than he'd expected. "Oh, this?" he asked, pointing to the SIF-57s at his hip. "This is in case I see a Ysalamir so that I can shoot the little monster without having to get close to it." What he didn't mention was that the firearm was specifically made to not be deflectable by means of a lightsaber, but, to be fair, so was all of the Legion's standard equipment.

As he talked he looked closely at the... Jedi? He was confident she was a force user, just not what kind. She certainly looked like she'd be able to handle herself in a fight, whatever she was; he had no doubt that her black robes, its design unfamiliar to him, concealed an athletic frame that would cut him to ribbons in a fair fight --- with her three lightsabers she certainly looked like the get-close-and-personal-then-eviscerate kind of force user, as opposed to his preference for force based combat at a distance.

He made sure to keep his hands low, away from the hilt of his rapier, as he spread them outward in what he thought was a companionable gesture, the usual impish smile back on his face. "Oh no, not dabbling, merely looking for knowledge. You know how the saying goes: knowledge is power and power can be used to gain more knowledge. Anywho, I figured: Why restrict myself to Sith texts only, when there is so much more out there. Knowledge is knowledge, after all."

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

She gave a small nod to the mans reasoning, a small flash back to her mothers last mission where half her comrades where captured with the use of said beasts, it was also due to such reasoning that she herself wore a blaster though had to admit not the best shot. "I can agree with that, even if a blaster is not really my forty, can fight just as well without the force anyways", very well enforced by her parent in that manner. The shape of the weapon was a little odd though, the hilt resembling that of a slug thrower, but she could not be certain, blade and melee weapons being her expertise, traditional of a Riben-Jin.

Keeping her hands crossed, no hint of drawing a weapon anytime soon, though she was certain if a fight broke out now weapon on her part would be needed, call it warriors intuition. "You carry the wise words of many scholars, again nothing I can disagree on, I myself travel quite a lot seeking any knowledge I can get my hands on, a sort of family tradition, relic hunting and archiving", a rather rewarding experience though came with many dangers.

"Unfortunately I am not sure what there is to find here, very few Sith would carry the same sentiment you have, this place along with the Jedi temple in the city being leveled when the Sith had occupied it anything not of use either thrown away or stashed somewhere never to be found". Despite this it is impossible to be absolutely sure the place was swept clean "Though there may be something of value left behind, the question is, would you be able to spot it"?

[member="[member="Adrian Vandiir"]"]

His hands coming to rest in a folded position behind his back, he slowly walked forward a few meters, making sure not to provocate her as she spoke, and then walked another few meters to the right, coming up against the remnants of looked like it had once been a massive flower pot of some kind. Back now leaned lazily against the stone, he folded his arms to match hers, almost ironically, while keeping eye contact in the process.

"Would I be able to spot it? Probably not. That's why I was meditating. Well, that and wanting to find a way to handle that damnably pervasive light side presence before it gave me a headache." He smirked at the last part, though it wasn't entirely clear whether he had just made a low-key joke or whether the thought of getting a light side induced headache amused him somehow.

Staring deeply into her blue eyes he attempted to get a read on her through Force Empathy and failed miserably; not too surprising though, considering that Telepathy was far from his strong suit, Empathy even less so. "I assume you're here looking for leftovers too? I didn't see much else of note around here ..." chuckle "... and I can't imagine you would risk crossing into Sith-Imperial space for nothing, that is unless you were thinking of joining up?"

Sukai quirked an eye brow at his statement, at the very least he was honest, more then she could say for some other Sith, well when they were not madly trying to kill her brother despite bleeding to death. "Well I can see why a dark sider like you would be uncomfortable with the light side, kind of like when one’s eye get to use to the dark and has to look at sun light for once, in my mind a good mix of the two is good, would rather not get sun burn to much". It was probably the sole thing keeping her mother from becoming a Jedi, having been subjected to the dark side of the force for too many years to just turn around on a whim.

Keeping her position, she felt the weak bush of the force against her mind, easily blocking its attempts, "really, trying to burrow into my mind"? This man was more inexperienced then she had originally though. "My purpose here, well maybe scrounge through the rubble, last time I visited the place was still under guard, may not find anything but some simple documentation would not hurt". The cheerful mood soon becoming a little more serious when thinking more on that latter part of the question and her true motives.

"No, I am not here to join up, been there done that, did not like it, more so with an outsider perspective of things, and my real reason for coming here, to visit what is left of my home village after it was bombed, nothing more than a crater just a few clicks away from here".

Completely unperturbed by her discovery of his puny attempt at Force Empathy he smiled cheerfully at her, after all, he hadn't really expected it to succeed; it would have been much more annoying had one of his mind tricks failed, though even that would have been a learning experience. "Nothing quite so rude, I assure you, I was merely trying to get a read on your emotional state. Trust me, I need the practice." As he listened to her speak he couldn't help but feel a twinge of disappointment at her implied statement that there was likely nothing more than documentation left, though she'd probably say the exact same thing if she thought there might be more interesting things deep within the rubble. Still, he had to agree with her that he'd be extremely unlikely to actually find anything, but that hadn't stopped him before and it certainly wasn't going to stop him now, at least not until he had a look around.

"Fair enough; not everyone has what it takes to be a Sith... it is... unique. Isn't it? Exhilarating?" Furrowing his brow slightly after her last statement, he twisted his mouth slightly, as if thinking something over, and then turned back to her. "I sense some hostility there, in that last part, so I take it the Sith Empire was responsible? Unless it held some unsaid tactical value it was probably a random target by a considerably too trigger-happy pilot. It may sound a bit callous, but there will always be collateral damage in war and it isn't just the Empire that's causing it."

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Practice, yes something mortals needed quite a lot to get better at stuff, she often forgot about the short life spans humans had compared to herself, still it would have been nicer to know before hand, but then again Sith where not known for asking consent. "I think you have me mistaken, I WAS a Sith, I have trained with quite a number of people, even met some Sith Lords, I left due to differing beliefs, also that my mother would kill me if she ever found out", a woman who sent chills down many peoples spin.

"Sense hostility, yes that would be correct, how do you think I got this scar on my face, and this saber"? she remarked pointing to the obviously Sith lightsaber hilt that rested against her hips. Though that was only the beginning there had been many things in the past to make Sukai despise the Sith, nor per say that dark side, just specifically the Sith, though still kept an open mind when meeting new people, for now anyway.

"Collateral damage is something that is unavoidable in war, but the Sith do not hesitate to fire upon civilians or deliberately go after non combatant targets, one of the reasons why I left", well that was when she managed to get control of her sadistic side. "Also seems a little hypocritical then when the roles are revered the Sith cry out 'murder' and other allegations, but that is no the case with my village, just the opposite in fact".

"The Sith, they failed to save it, all the talk on bringing peace and order, and they turned an blind eye to the people of Dantooine, to my village when it was attack", and not just hers most of the surrounding ones as well. "For force sake, Jedi where the one ones who came to hold of an army of fanatic cultist", said Jedi getting a distress call from earlier attacked villages. "Then they did nothing when said cult group orbital bombarded my home town when the ground attack was finally stopped, why, because we were just insignificant ants to those in power", a direct contrast to what they propagandized throughout the main cities and galaxy.

(for context the village attack and bombing took place in a thread some time ago, no TSE members seemed interested in joining so for IC purposes was declared that they just simply turned a blind eye to it)

"Oh, that?" he drawled. "I just assumed you fell on a candle." An annoying smirk briefly replacing the usual smile. "As for the lightsaber, well, they can be found in tombs and since you used it be a Sith, it could easily have been yours. Point taken, though." He probably shouldn't be mocking her, but he'd always wanted to see how a Jedi would react to a bit of teasing. Granted, she probably wasn't a Jedi, not exactly anyway, but at the moment it was good enough for him. Still, he probably shouldn't be testing his luck, perhaps saving the worst of it for some impotent Padawan would be a good idea.

"While it is unfortunate that the Empire was unable to offer any assistance at that specific time, that does not mean that it does not bring peace through order to worlds innumerable, and will continue to do so for as long as it exists." While he certainly believed what he was saying, something told him he might as well be preaching one of the Enclave's walls. Nevertheless, he had never been one for giving up easily, and this was no exception. "Besides, "fanatic cultists" sounds more like a job for the Saaraishash than the Imperial Legion... and I'm not about to question their prioritisation, even if we are alone here."

If it was just a candle that gave her the scar it would be long healed, being a vampire often did that, but no, the scar across her face was made with a saber, one that somehow negated her healing factor. Perhaps she was just young, perhaps it was to do with some type of force enhancement, but either way the scar was there to say, not that she minds, was a testament to having tasted combat at least once. "Peace and Order at what cost, have you been to worlds that are not under Sith rule? how many military campaigns have you been in"? The ways the Sith empire and SJO took control of worlds varied differently, in a latest report the Jedi had was setting up thousands of hospitals and refugees work on Durkteel to help the influx of people escaping persecution from around the galaxy. On the other hand, the Sith had launched a blockading force to the planet of Dellalt, cutting of the planet, keeping everyone on world and forcing them to surrender, bombarding all the star ports and firing upon the evacuation fleet.

"The Sith empire does not bring peace, it just makes people to afraid to do any wrong, and though that world for some time eventually those within its borders will mummer then before you know it rebellion, either that or civil war between opposing Sith Lords". "Even if that was not the case, I cannot condition the Sith action and needless genocide of planet after planet along with their 'revenge' campaigns". "How does one bring peace if they constantly insight violence and needlessly invade and slaughter all those who oppose them, it makes you look like hypocritical schemers to the rest of the galaxy".

"Oh, I've seen plenty of worlds not under Sith rule; growing up I spent a lot of time on Corellia, which was great until, well, you know. But outside the Core Worlds? From what I have seen anarchy reigns. They may not know it, Hell*, they may not even want it, but the Sith Empire is exactly what is needed to bring the rule of law to their worlds. To crush underfoot the various cartels, gangs, and Force-cursed Hutt Kajidics that exert de facto sovereignty over so many a world." For once the usual smile is replaced with a look of deep contempt, betraying his hatred of the Hutts, though as usual, the smile was back quickly enough.

"I can't say I've participated in any military campaigns yet... or any skirmishes. I killed a bunch of criminals once though, and then there were the Trials, so I'm not entirely without experience." He did well enough in the Trials, but that was mostly due to him already having learned how to use the force powers that would become his speciality... he didn't want to think about what would have happened if he'd been thrown into a pit with no prior training and forced to engage in a duel with vibroweapons like had happened to some. Looking at the young woman in front of him he wondered how much combat she had seen --- more than him, that's for sure, but was she a hardened veteran, or merely a survivor?

"While it's true that the Sith have at times been a bit excessive in their use of force, it is ultimately for the greater good. Well, overall anyway, even if some occasionally go a bit too far." He sounded a bit defensive at this, almost as if he himself had a hard time defending the actions of some of his more extreme Sith brethren, though he sure was trying.

(*Hell is the Corellian term for Chaos.)
[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

"Yes Correlia was an unfortunate case, and true the outerim is filled with crime and anarchy but how does the Sith deal with that? by wiping out half the population of a planted and forcing the rest to live in fear, not caring between civilians and actual criminals? What about the core worlds and the inner rim planets that they are targeting? the only real places in the galaxy where 'hell' happens is around Na Shadda sector.She hated the huts more then anything else, but she also knew the Sith often cooperated with them when it was beneficial

"Besides, I highly doubt that the planets that used to be under SJO control suffer the same but are treated the same way as a place full of worthless scum, but after all that is how your Empire views everyone else, as inferior". That was how Lord Krest and had said to her on many occasion for not fully embracing the dark side, her own master showing similar distaste for non humans and those who were not apart of the empire.

So this Sith was a green horn when it came to combat, she would like to see how he reacted when having to bring a blade down upon helpless woman and children, how it felt to slowly torture some poor fellow to death. Or was this person like the Sith Lark she met during the battle of Miral, one who was carefully never put in places where he would bear witness to such atrocities, "once you step foot one the battlefield your mind will change, you will either become desensitized to violence, revel in it, or both".

"Though I cannot agree with you, perhaps it was the way I was raised, the Riben Jin code of honor stating that anything like 'that', those methods employed by the empire are cowardice and shameful, but even so it is inhuman to think such... but then again most Sith lose such thinking". Corrupt wit power, greed and being eaten away both mentally and physically by the dark side, though she could sense this person had yet to be affected by it's dark power. "Also the Sith can never take over the galaxy, the force requires there to be balance, there can be no dark without light, so no matter how much the Sith try to exterminate all Jedi and force users who do not side with them it will never work".

"If the Sith do get to strong the force will recoil, most likely causing civil war to break out in your empire, and then, then you will get a taste of your own medicine, I do not think you will agree such methods are just when your on the receiving end". That was how the Empires of old fell, the Sith got to strong, infighting occurred, or rebellion, Emperor Palapatine creating the Death Star to try and avoid such back lash in the force, but he too failed.

"The Core Worlds are currently under the control of a weak and complacent government that does nothing to prevent the use of its territory as a staging ground for incursions into Sith-Imperial space. Is it really so surprising that we would seek to enforce the cessation of such indirect attacks?" Adrian didn't really know whether or not the last part was actually true, he was confident that the Core Worlds needed a firm hand to govern them though, even his beloved Corellia, which had spawned more than its share of pirates and other scoundrels over the years.

"Much of the Tingel Arm used to be under the control of the Silver Jedi Order, did it not? And now? Now it's integrating nicely into the Sith Empire; I'm sure the same will happen to most worlds it currently controls." Well, at least he hoped so; he knew some members of the Brotherhood of the Sith were a bit... extreme. Hopefully, they would be kept in check by calmer minds. "Besides, we don't all see whole populations as inferior, some, like me, prefer to judge the inferiority of others on a case-by-case basis!"

Adrian didn't know whether he'd come to revel in the thrill of violence eventually, but he knew for sure that he was already thoroughly desensitised to it. His first encounter with the Sith and the countless people he'd been made to kill that day had ensured that, as had the Trials that followed. Catching himself, he tried to stop thinking about the people he had killed, no, murdered that day. He hadn't had a choice, of course; it was them or his parents and he they were strangers to him. Still, it had served its intended purpose: He doubted he'd ever be struck by uncertainty before striking the killing blow on the battlefield when he had already murdered so many in cold blood. Shaking his head slightly, he focused on feelings of joy, on the thrill of uncovering new knowledge, on the feeling of outperforming a fellow Acolyte.

"Balance. Must you Jedi always talk about balance? If the Force will always be in balance no matter what anyone does, then what is the point of the Silver Jedi Order? Is it not founded to resist the advances of the Sith? Is it not folly to dedicate yourselves to fighting a battle you can never win? Does that not merely extend an endless circle of violence, if what you are saying is correct?" The Sith taught that the Force was a tool, something Adrian believed wholeheartedly. Even if the Force had a will, why would it necessarily be a will to be respected? No, he would carve his own path and if it was contrary to the supposed will of the Force, then the Force would be made to bend.

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

"Perhaps, but you do realize most of those are people are refugees forced from the world you have conquered, deserters from you organization people who have had friends and family killed and want to free their home worlds". "And if that is the case what about Sith insurgents, what about mercenaries and pirates that your empire personally funds to attack it's enemies? the same people you claim to want eliminated"? It was not just the Sith empire, the First Order also deal with murders and criminals, the Silver Jedi coming under attack several times from huge fleets of pirates that where on the Sith's pay roll.

"Yes most of the arm did come under control in so called 'peaceful' manner probably everyone to afraid to fight after the genocide of Felucia, those who would oppose the Sith fleeing, a mass exodus of people". "Fleets coming to the new Silver Jedi territory where WE have provided medical aid and much of our recuses, some going south tot he republic, those that stayed behind either being to stubborn to leave or support the Sith". Though she knew the Sith did provide it was limited and often they had ulterior motives, like how they took control of Miral to 'save' the people from the zombie plague. Only they didn't keeping the infected contained instead of exterminating them, the living corpses being used for experiments in creating super soldiers that would follow any order, using the same people they 'saved' as test subjects.

"Balance can come through other means then Sith, your whole ideology is survival of the fittest not helping people, those with power should take it and step on anyone who it not strong that is why we fight, not to destroy the darkness but to prevent a tyrannical government from taking over the galaxy and destroy everything we know and love". "The dark side and Light can coexist my mother, the woman who gave birth to me is a powerful Dark Sider user, leader of the Confederacy Path Finders, my great great Grand Mother a Sith Lord of untold strength". At this point Sukai was almost yelling at the man, a small amount of anger flaring up inside her, her own family being prof of the concept, herself and brother being Jedi.

"But you know what the difference is between them and you, they use their power to help people, not to conquer and destroy, that is why we fight not to purge the dark but remove those who would use it for selfish gains at the expense of thousand of peoples lives"! By now her cheat was heaving, Sukai panting lightly from her small rant, "it may be impossible, but one must try, after all I have 5000 years to see it through".

Adopting a rather annoying smirk, he bent his upper body forward a bit, with the lower back still leaning against the cold stone. "Well, technically speaking pirates with permits to operate against enemy vessels are called privateers, and what they are doing is perfectly legal and serves a valid strategic reason, as long as they target the military and its supply lines, as opposed to innocent civilians. I do, however, agree that a many of them are criminal scum that I'd personally see behind bars if I had that authority, but to dismiss their services altogether, especially in the case of mercenaries, would be a poor strategic decision; just look at how effective Didact Defense Solutions has been at maintaining the Emperor's Peace on Corbos! Not to mention the Mandalorians, though some of them are technically our allies rather than mere mercenaries." Then there was also the fact that he had been thinking of enlisting the services of slavers to acquire new test subjects, but he was fairly certain this might not be the right crowd to share that little bit of trivia with, at least if he wanted to keep his head on his neck.

Smiling cheerfully once more, he leaned back lazily against the wall, spreading his hands slightly in a companionable gesture. "While I certainly applaud any action taken to provide assistance to fleeing refugees, even from the Silver Jedi Order, I would claim that most of them likely had no reason to fear Imperial rule. Sure, some of the methods employed by our armed forces are... unfortunately prone to causing collateral damage, but such is not the case for our law enforcement and legal system, which go to great lengths to protect Imperial Citizens.*" It was unfortunate how much damage TSE caused through its invasions, but, in the end, it was all for the greater good, right? He thought so, at least. He'd seen what anarchy was like, and he wanted no part of it.

"Sure, the Sith ideology isn't perfect, but it is a step in the right direction. While the current competitiveness might be... excessive, it is still a considerable improvement in regards to the One Sith. In my eyes, the key defining feature of the Sith isn't self-interest, but the acceptance of one's emotions and the inevitability of change. At its core, the Sith are about avoiding stagnation and about progress through trial and error, even if some amongst our number seems to have forgotten." Even if he knew it might not be entirely safe for him, he was somewhat amused by her anger; he had always loved to argue and, in the end, he didn't much care whether it was with a fellow Acolyte or a Jedi. In his eyes, angering the opponent was often a sure sign that the conversation was going somewhere truly interesting.

Listening as she got more and more excited, he was about to respond, when she, to his ears quite by accident, said something truly interesting. 5000 years, huh. It could be an empty claim of course, but she had seemed sincere, and she hadn't exactly been trying to hide her emotions at the time. Mulling it over in his head, he could recall a number of creatures with extreme lifespans, but very few were humanoid, and even fewer looked human. The only way he could think of at the moment would be through some extremely theoretical Sith Sorcery or Alchemy... or through draining the life force of other beings to sustain herself. Deciding to give it a shot, considering her currently emotionally volatile state, he employed a rather mundane technique he had grown increasingly fond of over the years: Asking pointed questions and observing the reaction. "5000 years? I wonder, how many people were you planning to suck the life from to last that long?" Having intended to refer to an almost unprecedented usage of Force Drain, Adrian had no idea how close to the truth he had actually come.

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]
(*Imperial Citizens have to be tax-paying landowners, but, you know, I'm sure that was definitely the case for most of them.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom