Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dancers and Dark Jedi

Joza watched in fascination as Siobhan casually fondled one of the elfin servant girls who didn’t seem to mind, but rather reveled in the attention. “Almost. Sort of. I used to drink quite a bit and had built up a good tolerance. Sometimes I wish it was easier for me to get drunk.” Musing almost to herself, she fingered the thin stem of her wine glass idly. The Zeltron’s naturally high tolerance made a girl’s night out costly—but then again, she typically wasn’t paying for her own drinks.

“I’m certain they do.” Joza agreed amicably, following Siobhan’s gesture and raising her glass to clink delicately against the Lady’s own. “To a new friendship and feisty redheads.” Adding it her own salute, she brought the glass to her lips and inhaled quickly before taking a hearty sip of the wine. It was an earthy blend, with fruity notes that she couldn’t quite describe. The Zeltron wasn’t one for fancy drinks seeing as how they cost more, but could appreciate a good wine simply for it’s taste.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Joza Perl"]

In case the gentle reader was wondering, not all the servants in Siobhan's employ were harem girls - or boys, though the latter were comparatively rarer. There were actual servants and maidens who didn't pleasure their Lady in bed. However, those that did received a contract that was fairly straightforward about what was expected from them.

Siobhan was very generous with gifts and more egalitarian than most mistresses, which meant she tolerated a degree of snarky backtalk that would made a conservative Eldorai matriarch aghast with rage. However, she also expected a high degree of devotion, fawning and had a tremendous sex drive.

"Redheads are best. I married one, after all!" Spoiler: Siobhan was a natural brunette and dyed her hair. Their glasses clinked nicely together and the Countess sipped her wine. "So, Joza, darling, how'd you end up in the dancing and slaver-hunting business? And join the Sanctum, for that matter. Likewise, you can ask me anything you like. By the way, you're free to play with the girls during your stay here. They're very eager to serve," she said with a completely straight face. "I have some boys if you want a bit of variety." Those were probably a good deal more docile than the Zeltron was used to!

Dyed or not, Joza could appreciate anyone who wanted red locks. It only meant that they had good taste! But the true nature of Siobhan’s brunette tress would remain hidden from the Zeltron, who eagerly indulged in the impossibly smooth wine. After draining about a quarter of the glass because she was afraid that anymore would appear uncouth, Joza sighed in satisfaction before her head tilted in Lady Kerrigan’s direction at her question.

“Oh, I’ve been a dancer for quite some time. Before the Silvers, before I’d even been trained in the Force. I grew up on Zeltros, and it just came naturally. Sometimes I do miss the life of a waitress, though… it’s far less dangerous than what I do now, but if I didn’t leave then I’d always be stuck wondering.” Joza discovered over the years that she disliked leaving stones unturned and options untouched. As her mind from dancing to slaving, she swirled the glass of wine for a few moments in thought.

“Hunting slavers was something that sort of just happened on its own. I stumbled into a business deal—I still remember her, a pure white Twi’lek that couldn’t have been more than eleven or twelve, shaking like a leaf—and had to do something. I took her back to my studio for shelter and ever since then…well, I couldn’t sit by and let that happen to another poor girl. I know that I’ll never be able to save everyone, but if I could make even the smallest difference, then…” Her voice trailed, and she seemed to be gazing over Siobhan’s shoulder as a young maiden prepared silverware. Her eyes were unfocused though, gazing into space.

The Zeltron recovered quickly, flashing Sio a sheepish smile. “It’s sort of a hobby, I guess? I sometimes organize raids with my friend, Solan Charr. He’s also fond of burning slavers to bits.” Raising the glass to her lips, she took another sip and sighed, allowing herself to sink into the rich taste of the drink.

“As for the Silvers, well…that story has quite a few parts to it so I’ll give you the abridge version. There were a few Jedi I admired among the Silvers, so I decided to pursue a path with them. Things got a little…rough and I became a bit…difficult to handle.” Sleeping with Sith, attacking her friends on more than one occasion…she’d certainly been quite the brat, but she wasn’t about to delve into the nitty gritty right now. “I made mistakes, and they accepted me back even then and helped to rehabilitate me. But as a Jedi…?” Trailing off in thought, she licked her lips stained with the taste of wine. “I generally don’t consider myself as such. I’m more of a…dancing fool with Force powers, if you will.” A smirk snaked across her face at her self-given title, hid behind the mouth of the glass as she helped herself to another sip.

“You’re quite generous, My Lady. I’m certain that I’ll enjoy my stay here, one way or another.” Swirling her glass, a dutiful servant filled it for her and Joza gave her a brazen once-over. “How about you, Lady Kerrigan? How did you go about getting involved with the Eldorai?”

[member="Joza Perl"]

Siobhan listened, then took Joza's hand, stroking softly when it seemed the woman trailed off a bit after what must have been a painful memory. "It's a noble cause. And I sure approve of burning slavers to bits." Or suffocating them in ash. That was very unpleasant!

She nodded when Joza spoke about the Silvers. Personally Siobhan was not a fan of them, but that was another story. "We all make mistakes. Do stupid things, stuff we've got cause to regret or feel ashamed of. I sure have. What matters is what you do afterwards...and that you genuinely change through your actions." It all came down to choices, actions and consequences. Jedi had a tendency of blaming wrongdoing on the Dark Side as if it were some sort of demon that pounced on naughty Jedi if they misbehaved.

"You're certainly a cute dancing fool with Force powers," she joked. One that Siobhan would not mind enjoying again before the day was over. "As for myself, well, my history with the Eldorai goes way back. Adril Tythorin, the woman who saved me on Nar Shaddaa when I was almost killed by gangsters, was an Eldorai. And one of the very few who became a Jedi. See, she was abducted from the Eldorai's homeworld, Kaeshana, and enslaved, but she broke free. Few Jedi are like her. She was fierce, knew what she wanted and never compromised. She fought evil instead of sitting in a temple and meditating. Today, there's too much talk about 'understanding Sith' and second chances without reason."

In all fairness, Siobhan's memories of Adril were very rose-tinted. It was true that Adril had been brave and spirited...but also a codependent, whiny narcissist who probably cared more about how Siobhan made her feel than actually about Siobhan herself. Their relationship had been very unhealthy for both.

"I owe so much to her. She taught me how to use the Force, how to be strong. We were in love...then she sacrificed herself to kill an eldritch abomination, and I was alone. I drifted for a while, fell into depression, till Tegaea, my eventual wife, recruited me for Omega Pyre. It was just a paramilitary organisation then, but we made it great, and it become a galactic power. The Omega Protectorate."

Well, there had been other people as well. While Tegaea eventually became Omega's ruler and had been a founding member who drove it, she'd been preceded by Cira as leader. "One of our aides was Anya Venari, an exiled Eldorai princess. We helped her return to Kaeshana after her mother's death caused a power struggle. It was all very game of thrones. The Eldorai are inherently isolationist, especially since their main contact with outsiders had been pirates attacking them. There's a religious angle because zealots think outsiders are demonspawn. Anyway, we helped her sister Silaqui secure the throne. I know Sila well," she smirked at that.

"After Tegs had to step down as Omega's leader following an...attempt on her life," there was a flicker of something on her face and trailed off. Attempt on her life was an euphemism. In reality, Tegaea had been tortured by Siobhan's nemesis, Kaelin Isandros.

"I made the Sith who hurt her pay. Anyway, we left Protectorate service and settled on Kaeshana. Anya became queen after reactionaries tried to stage a coup, and from then on we helped the Eldorai develop and catch up with the rest of the galaxy. When we learned an asteroid would destroy Kaeshana, we helped them evacuate as many of their people as we could. So we ended up on Tygara."

Joza nodded slowly when Siobhan spoke of how one handles mistakes and making up for them. It had been a tough road, and the Zeltron had made mistakes aplenty…she was making a genuine attempt to improve her life as well as her output, wanting to be proud of the things she did instead of ashamed. Her dip into the dark side was exacerbated by her own childishness, turning her into a petulant brat. But it was wrought with pain and confusion, something that broke her down and eventually lead to her slowly rebuilding her life with the support of a few caring souls.

“My, you’ve…certainly had an adventurous life, Lady Kerrigan.” The pink tinted woman had listened to Siobhan relay her tale with fascination, surprisingly eager to hear more about the woman and the experiences that had shaped her. “I’m so sorry to hear of your loss, but I’m glad that you’ve built such an extraordinary life for yourself.” She gestured to the room as whole with her wine glass. “From what you’ve said, I imagine that you put quite a bit of work into not only your home, but the Eldorai as a whole.” The thought made her smile, inherently warmed by the idea of caring so much about something.

Her mind drifted back to the ‘understanding Sith’ bit, and she almost winced. Sith were a sore spot for her as they were for most, though her reason was a bit different. Falling for one and stuck in a complicated web of relations was certainly against the Jedi Code—and common sense—but her own affair had before before they were Jedi and Sith. Well, before she had known he was a Sith. Bitter resentment bubbled in her chest and she pushed it down. Sith, she learned, were not to be trusted. No matter how sweet their words were.

“Meditating is good for when you’re stressed or need to clear your mind otherwise. Beyond that, I’m a fan of being proactive in the Galaxy. Establishing necessities for war-torn worlds, building defenses for those under our protection, eradicating criminals and the like. Maybe sitting around in temples is the way of old, but that doesn’t do much to help the Galaxy nowadays. Or maybe I’m just too nosy and judgmental for my own good.” The corners of her lips pulled into a slow grin as she finished the contents of her glass, a dutiful server drifting over to refill it.

Joza nodded at the girl in the thanks, swirling the glass for a few moment and watching the sediment flicker before taking a slow sip. “I’ll be honest, I’ve fallen prey to Sith and their whims. I’d like to think that I know better, now.” Her mouth pulled into a tight smile before she sighed. “What I’ve learned from them is that there is something to understand—at least, there in my favorite type of Sith. You know the sort, I’m sure…the ones who act as if they’re your friend. They try to convince you that they’re only after peace and security, and prey on the young and naïve to do so while committing atrocities behind the curtain. It’s a bit of a flimsy mask, if you ask me.”

[member="Joza Perl"]

"Sith lie. It's what they're all about. The sad and amusing thing is that many of this generation of Sith believes the bullchit that leaves their lips about 'peace' and 'order'. Somehow, that intersects with using their own citizens as human shields," she said sourly, remembering Ruusan.

She finished her glass and put it down, affixing her gaze upon Joza. Those brown eyes could be described as piercing. "Sith murdered my sister." To be fair, that had partly been Siobhan's fault, but she was not comfortable admitting that yet. Too painful.

"Once upon a time, an ancient Sith called Darth Shadow possessed me and made me believe I was hunting Sith while he made me do terrible things. I was driven almost insane, and exiled from the Jedi order. Many years later, his apprentice almost killed my wife." To be precise, Tegaea had been tortured almost to death.

"I made the queen suffer. Shadow lured me into a trap and I was spaced. I survived, barely. Much later, I met and killed him. I'm not saying this because I want sympathy or want to go on a tirade about how 'I've been hurt so much'. But to make clear why I hate Sith, without exception. Kindly Sith don't exist. Many of my friends have experienced their evil."

There was a pause before she spoke up again."So when you say you feel prey to Sith in the past, what do you mean? It's vital for me to be sure they're your enemy as well now. I'm not saying this as an accusation. The past's the past, I'm focused on the present." Her tone was remarkably blunt, but not unkind. Younger Siobhan might've lashed out, but her older self had more self-control and sense.

Siobhan had a rather strong opinion on Sith—not that it was a bad thing. She’d been fighting them longer than Joza, and if her words were any indication, she’d been hurt over and over by them. The Zeltron never could, or would blame anyone for their dislike of the Sith. And so she took that penetrating gaze, not withering under it bur rather looking thoughtful. Here was another side of Sio that was coming out, and it helped Joza to piece together her picture of Lady Kerrigan.

“I understand,” She nodded slowly, green iries meeting the intense brown stare. “It seems that many of those who oppose Sith are not immune to the terrible things that they do.” No elaboration was necessary. Maybe Joza hadn’t seen the extent to what complete bondage to the Dark Side and subscribing to the Sith Code or whatever could do, but there was an unspoken truth between the two women who had seen and experienced things that one shouldn’t in their lifetime. Or so, she had hoped that sort of feeling was there. Maybe this was the time for elaboration…

“I was in love with one.” That probably wasn’t the best way to start this, and she backpedaled immediately. “Was. Was. I didn’t even know that he…well, it’s a bit of a story.” Looking down into her wine glass, she cringed at her reflection in the dark liquid before looking up towards Siobhan. “We met before I even knew much about the Force. As it turned out, he’d been an Acolyte of the Dark the entire time. We had some…difficulties, and eventually he revealed his allegiance to the Sith.” Audibly, she sucked in a breath. Joza still blamed herself for sending their relationship down the path it went, so eager to accept the blame if he’d just forgive her. It was foolish and demeaning, and it the end it didn’t work. She couldn’t fix things, and she’d only made them worse.

Another part of her raged beneath her more tender emotions of self-shame and doubt. Anger towards Vanitas. He was cold, uncaring and selfish. He refused to talk things out, and she couldn’t be honest and vulnerable with him without feeling like she’d done something wrong. Her gaze hardened.

“Things became violent. We fell apart on Ruusan, where he used the Hapan Gun of Command on me to try and turn me to his side. But…all it did was send me into a blind rage. I tried to kill him.”

Should have. That voice chirped in the back of her mind. Why do you put yourself through this, silly girl?

“That’s…the abridged version.” Musing softly, she stared back down into that wine glass, idly swirling the contents. “I’d also played slave to a Sith Priestess at one point. She was cunning and manipulative and I fell for it. Gods, if I could go back in time and slap myself I might end up with head trauma.”

Inhaling deeply, she straightened out and looked towards her host once more. “This is going a while back. I haven’t seen either of them in some time, and I don’t plan to sans battlefield. But I guess that was my roundabout way of saying that I’ve grown out of my morbid curiosity and see them as the enemy as well. Not only for what they’ve done to me personally, but what they’ve done to those I care for and the people of the Galaxy without shame or remorse.”

Her chest swelled, and Joza truly believed that she was done flirting with danger.

[member="Joza Perl"]

"I see," Siobhan said after a long pause. Her voice had become chillier. "It's a pity the pig didn't die on Ruusan." Venomous hatred could be heard in her tone - directed not against Joza, but the Sith. "He tried to force his will on you. That's the same as rape. He deserves a lightsabre to the throat."

Siobhan had...experience with mind control and mind rape, which was exactly what using the Gun of Command was. It was even worse when you employed it against someone you supposedly loved. Her tone softened when once more words left her lips, though it remained firm.

"You were young, naive and foolish...but you know better now. That man doesn't love you. He's a piece of chit, that's it. The same applies to your Sith Priestess. Both of them are monsters. There's nothing to be curious about or understand. They're horrible people, they're the enemy, that's it. Make nice with them, and you'll only hurt yourself."

Joza’s hand tightened on the stem of the glass just a fraction at Sio’s chilling demeanor. Her words were decisive and sharp, and though her disgust was not directed at the Zeltron, she felt them cut into her like a hot knife through butter. “Well, I…”

She wasn’t certain of what to say to this woman. A part of her relished the thought of ridding herself of something—no, someone—who caused herself so much pain. Still she found it hard to convince herself to let him go completely, no matter how loudly her conscience streamed.

“I’m not sure it was…exactly that.” She winced at the mention of rape, the word kicking up a few intimate memories she’d rather ignore. “I mean, I did push him to do it. I betrayed his loyalty. I’m not exactly an innocent party.” She shifted, uncomfortable with the thoughts this conversation was inciting but was too fascinated to drop it. “I guess it’s just hard for me to think of him as a monster when he used to be so gentle and kind.” She frowned in deep thought. Her suspicions surrounding her lover had started early, but she chose to ignore them in favor of being in his arms.

[member="Joza Perl"]

"Gentle and kind? Have you been paying attention? He's a Sith. He works along side mass murderers. At Olmondo, his buddies used civilians as human shields and then bombed their own city," Siobhan spoke flatly. Her tone was chilly,

"He tried to take your free will away from you because you dared to disobey and didn't join his gang. Is that the sort of man you want to make excuses for? Someone who treats you like a possession. Do you have so little self-respect for yourself? He hurt you, he tried to mind rape you and you defend him and blame yourself. Are you even listening to yourself?" The words left her lips before she could give them more thought.

"I'm not saying this to hurt you, but if you keep wavering and are unable to rid yourself of him, you'll just end up in the same place again. And get hurt. There are people in the world who don't deserve understanding and compassion. He's one of them."

Joza wouldn’t deny that she doubted Haytham. She’d done so before, spurning him with such vitriol that could match Siobhan’s right now. The first time was on Balmorra, hours after her rescue for the One Sith. She didn’t know how to handle it. He didn’t know how to handle her. She’s panicked, breaking down in hyperspace—but as she’s tried desperately to keep from mentally fraying at the seams, she’d been struck by moments of clarity.

-​
“Don’t turn away from me. You always do that. If you’re going to speak like that, at least have the balls to face me as you do so.”

Moving towards him, she came to a stop roughly a foot away from his back. Her anger had been forcibly suppressed, but was still pulsating through her as a subtle undercurrent.

“What I want is for you to treat me like a loved one. With respect. Not an underling, or someone beneath you. And yet, you’ve done nothing but make me feel as if I’m lesser than you. But that’s going to stop.” A sharp exhale.
“Right. Now.”
-​
But it hadn't stopped.​
“He used to be good to me. Before the Sith took ahold of him. Maybe if I’d done more…recognized the signs or had been better to him, I could have done something to prevent what had happened. I am not blameless, nor will I pretend to be a victim. Maybe I didn’t deserve it, but I can’t forgive myself for allowing him to slip through my fingers like that.”

Her hand had slipped up to the cup of her wine glass, but she did not lift it to drink. It stayed there, applying a soft sort of pressure to the thinly walled crystal. She locked eyes with Siobhan, her passive stare gaining a measure of hardness.
-​
A new feeling of rage flickered to life within her, feeding from her indecision. Old feelings stirred in her chest. Me hurt him? He’s the one that hurt me. I would never, I would never… Memories of Cloud Nine surfaced. The bruises, her clothing torn to shreds, the cold feel of the marble floor. Squeezing her eyes shut, Joza began to shake. His view on the galaxy was warped, twisted by that Sith of a whale.

“I won’t let them kill you, Haytham.”

Her eyes would open, dull amber gaze leveling with his own.

“But this isn’t love.”

Her flesh hand shot out with a quick, sudden movement. A strong, blunt Force Push at such close range would surely send him back from her. She shook her head wildly, anguish swelling in her chest before it burst like an infected sore, wracking her body with great sadness. A snarl tore from her lips, bellowing through the immediate area with a drop of the Force.

“THIS IS MANIPULATION!
-
The battle of Ruusan had been not only a loss for the Silvers, but a tragedy for her heart. Joza couldn’t look at Haytham the same way after he’d used that weapon on her, letting her rage and heartbreak flow freely. Years had passed, and she began to settle—her anger was well contained, often cast behind a polite and kindly façade But it twisted inside her, spreading from her core and into her limbs. It simmered beneath her skin and just when it threatened to break free, it was reigned back in and tamed. Maybe she was worse off this way. Was her own relenting nature causing her to be hurt this much?

The glass of the wine cup crackled as her hand caved inwards, shattering under her tight grip. In an instant she was broken from her trance, eyes widening as she looked from her bloodied hand up to Sio, then back down to her hand.

“Oh, kark. I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to…ah…” At a loss for what to take care of first, she worked at picking one of the larger shards from her skin. The cuts were shallow, but trickles of blood streamed along the length of her fingers, over her knuckles and the palm of her hand. Her anger had subsided, and now the Zeltron was more embarrassed than anything!

[member="Joza Perl"]

Siobhan had expected a reaction of some sort. Her words had been harsh, but not spoken in malice. They were meant to help Joza, even if that meant forcing the young woman to confront some rather painful truths.

She felt the anger rise inside the Zeltron, then it exploded. The explosion was quite literal in this case as the glass of wine shattered. Wine was spilt, shards were sprayed around, digging themselves into the woman's pink flesh. The unintentional self-harm seemed sympomatic of Joza's problems.

"It's alright. Aisha, get a bandage," Siobhan ordered one of the servant girls who happened to be in the room. Getting up from her seat, Siobhan limped over to the pink woman. As gently as she could, she sought to remove one of the bigger shards.

"He made his choice. He chose evil. Now you have to make yours, if you want to be free. I know someone who could help if you want counselling," That was said in a less cold, more gentle tone. "If I ever see him, I'll tear his heart out. You deserve better." That was spoken in a voice that brokered no contradiction. She did not feel like giving the Sith a clean death. No, she felt like making him suffer. A lot.

Joza exhaled slowly, swallowing thickly as Siobhan moved over and began picking at one of the more prominent shards. She winced at the woman’s limp, feeling bad for making her get up. For a moment, she felt a surge of tears come on, but suppressed any sort of tantrum her mind wanted to create.

“I’m sorry,” She said again, shaking her head. “I’m not mad at you. I’m upset with myself, because you’ve put into words all of the things I’ve been thinking about this situation. I just always thought that if I faced some sort of abuse, I’d get out of it straight away. Then I fell in love, or, well…what I thought was love.” The Zeltron shifted uncomfortably. “He made me feel special and wanted. Even through all of that, I thought I could...I don’t know, fix him? I guess I’ve just been lying to myself.”

She sucked at her bottom lip, and her hand tensed for a moment. “Counseling? I never thought that I’d need anything like that, but maybe it would be good to get another perspective. Thank you.” A tiny, grateful smile tilted her lips. Siobhan’s words may have been harsh, but they started to impress upon her how far Haytham was from the man she’d met on Zeltros.

[member="Joza Perl"]

"Abuse is insidious that way. You don't want to recognise it, you blame yourself if your abuser lashes out," Siobhan said. Personal experience or intuition? Who knew. By now Aisha had returned. The Qadiri was a former slave and new to freedom. Thus she was always a bit timid whenever her Mistress was in a mood. However, seeing as how things had calmed down, she came over and began to clean Joza's hand, disinfecting it before applying a bandage.

"The person I refer to is an Eldorai Priestess. Eileithya Saedaris. She's a healer and...experienced with this sort of thing. Helps slaves who escaped cruel owners. You can be certain she'll treat anything you tell her confidentially. She wouldn't even tell me without your permission. We've got history together."

Joza winced as the disinfectant stung the shallow wounds on her hand, remaining as still as she could while it was being bandaged. It was times like this that made her wish she’d been able to accelerate healing.

As Sio referred her to a Priestess who knew how to deal with Joza’s specific situation, the Zeltron managed a nervous smile. Maybe now, with someone as powerful as Siobhan backing her, she’d have the courage to tear herself away from a failing relationship that kept pulling her back in.

“I’d like to meet her.” Joza nodded slowly, trying to imagine what sort of person this Priestess was like. A part of her wondered if she could just turn her back on Haytham and be done with him, or if her bleeding heart would prevail. Regardless, their next meeting would lead to some tough choices and obvious consequences.

“Sorry about shattering your glass. I can replace it.” Regaining her more congenial nature, Joza looked sheepishly towards the shards and splinters of glass scattered along the table. It almost sounded silly to her, offering to replace something she was sure Siobhan’s budget likely wouldn’t notice, but it felt like the proper course of action. “I usually don’t go around breaking glasses at dinner. I assure you that I’m generally a polite and graceful social butterfly.” Her good humor was beginning to return, and a smile tickled her lips.

[member="Joza Perl"]

One imagined that Siobhan would be far less understanding and a lot angrier when she heard about what happened during Joza's next encounter with Haytham. Regardless, that was still in the future as of this thread. As for accelerated healing, Sio had no talent for it either. The Dark Side might be a pathway to many abilities, but unfortunately healing was not one of them. Or at least not without a price.

"I can give you her number. When she's not working in the field, you can usually found her at New Santaissa's Grand Cathedral or her clinic on the Skyport." For some reason, Joza apologising for breaking the glass made Siobhan chuckle.

"Don't sweat it, dear. Galina accidentally broke a vase once. That's how I learned about her Force-sensitivity!" She threaded her fingers through Joza's red hair and gave her a gentle, rather chaste kiss. "You can have control over your life, if you want it enough."

When Siobhan ran a hand through Joza’s hair and kissed her softly, she couldn’t help but close her eyes and giggle a little. Gentle touches were honestly nice, and served as a reminder that affection did not always have to be vicious and unyielding. A sigh of contentment escaped her lips, and green eyes fluttered open to gaze at Siobhan in earnest pleasure. “If I may be so bold, it makes me feel a lot better to have your support in something like this.” Typically Joza didn’t have trouble asking for help on most fronts, bar her personal life for fear of dragging others into her own problems. She was under the impression that she could always handle those sorts of things on her own, regardless of how much her control had slipped.

And yet, she couldn’t deny that Siobhan had a sort of motherly protectiveness about her that Joza admired deeply. Fierce and respected, yet gentle and loving—something that the Zeltron aspired to be from all angles. For the time being, her mind drifted back towards the part about discovering Force sensitivity and a half-smile curled her lips.

“That’s sort of how I found out, too. I threw a temper tantrum and sent a dinner plate into a wall without touching it. Almost gave my mother a heart attack.” Though she chuckled fondly at the memory, there was nothing pleasant about her Yula Perl’s look of horror upon seeing her daughter smash a plate like that. “She’d like you, I think.”

[member="Joza Perl"]

Siobhan would probably be very happy to hear that Joza thought of her that way! What set the Countess apart from other darksiders this writer has was that she genuinely wanted people to like her and liked other people. She was a rather social creature and liked to think of herself as a lioness protecting her cubs.

The Countess chuckled a bit. "That makes me happy, sweetie. I've...never really met any of my girls' mothers, to be honest. Well, I met Adril's parents, but that was long after her death." The meeting had been a bit awkward on both sides.

Her hand stroked fondly across Joza's shoulder, massaging it gently. Siobhan's fingers were very nimble. "Does your mother live on Zeltros?" she queried. Meanwhile, the broken glass shards had been cleaned away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom